Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,719 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! (13520 Views)

A Picture Of Ibori In 2009 After Asaba Court Ruled In His Favour / The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori / Picture Of Ibori- The Ogidigbodigbo Of Africa In The Klink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by ProAnti: 3:48pm On May 14, 2010
Sagamite:

Mate, there is really no redemption after expressing such mentality. grin

*Ffing hell, I am still laughing* grin grin grin

I will say it a thousand times.
I prefer Ibori to Uduaghan. Anyone who has lived in Delta state will attest to the fact that Ibori performed.

A word of advice, STOP insulting others. And stop being overcritical.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 3:50pm On May 14, 2010
Pro Anti:

I will say it a thousand times.
I prefer Ibori to Uduaghan. Anyone who has lived in Delta state will attest to the fact that Ibori performed.

A word of advice, STOP insulting others. And stop being overcritical.

My God!

Your mentality is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED!  grin

But don't worry, pro01 thinks you are a genius.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 14, 2010
@Pro01.

Lot of people can bear me witness that i've never abused anyone on NL since i joined, but today am breaking away from that by calling you a big FOOL. Mr intelligent. ediot like you. angry angry
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 3:51pm On May 14, 2010
ilugunboy:

@Pro01.

Lot of people can bear me witness that i've never abused anyone on NL since i joined, but today am breaking away from that by calling you a big FOOL. Mr intelligent. ediot like you. angry angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am no more going to eat biscuit, I don't want to choke. grin grin grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by ProAnti: 3:56pm On May 14, 2010
Sagamite:

My God!

Your mentality is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED!  grin

But don't worry, pro01 thinks you are a genius.

Ilugunboy and Sagamite. Same person? I ask myself.
pro1 and Pro Anti. Smae person he asks himself.

One of the causes of my near-addiction to Nairaland is the presence of Nigerians who only insult others, whine and complain. NL is a sure cure to a bad and boring day.

Sagamit: Ride on!
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 14, 2010
Imagine the nin-compoop trying to form some sort of intelligence after all the gabbage he spewed up earlier up.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by OAM4J: 4:03pm On May 14, 2010
pro01:

All these dullards that can only 'see' words but can't read. All the logical argument in the world would only elicit more illogic from the confederacy of dunces that have 'invaded' this thread. Too bad wise men and deep thinkers are in such short supply in Nairaland.

Keep with your shallow, subjective responses; I am not even ruffled by the personal, pointless attacks from intellectually disabled zombies like you. As the respectable Jonathan Swift remarked in his Pulitzer Prize winning work, A Confederacy of Dunces (1980):

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know by this sign - that the dunces are all in confederacy against him".

End of discussion.

I read all your posts.

It is contradictory. You are defending at the same time time claiming not defending

It is shallow: up till now you have not explained what you mean by  'Maximum Force' how many battalions of soldiers were deployed to arrest Ibori?

It defies logic & common sense: You mean we should leave the smaller thieves till we are able to get the bigger ones.

The joke is on you big time.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 4:08pm On May 14, 2010
OAM4J:

It is contradictory. You are defending at the same time time claiming not defending

That was when it was confirmed he is seriously daft.

He opened a thread that said "In Defence of Ibori" and then later claimed he is not defending him. And he calls himself a genius! grin grin grin grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by ProAnti: 4:19pm On May 14, 2010
SAGAMITE the man from Sagamu,

Life is not all about insults and criticism. The sooner you learn, the better for you.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 4:30pm On May 14, 2010
Pro Anti:

SAGAMITE the man from Sagamu,

Life is not all about insults and criticism. The sooner you learn, the better for you.

The good citizen of chop-but-perform governors. grin grin grin grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by ProAnti: 4:35pm On May 14, 2010
Sagamite:

The good citizen of chop-but-perform governors. grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin

Bros make u kool down oh!
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 14, 2010
@Pro-Anti.

Can see that you were just joking all this while. grin

Going forward, please stop joking with this type of discuss.

Nigerians are not the only people coming here and we should mind the type of opinions outsiders form about us.

We should not been seen as a country that harbours and protect people that don't mean well for you and I.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by lannre(m): 4:50pm On May 14, 2010
I cant but imagine, similar issue of justifying wrongs happen today, when a lorry driver was justifying his action of blocking everyone on their right path, " Ha ha U can see I am turning there, why should I wait on the long traffic,  bla bla , "  until a LASTMA official come to the aid of the innocent drivers driving on their own path. That is bygone I dont w know what he will be paying as penalty. As much as we await what Ibori will pay for his action and inaction. I like to remind the poster that, so many people that he did not mention have stolen more than Ibori,so many  people have killed innocents souls, but law is not sentimental,I know and believe Nigeria Judiciary,Executive, Legislative and any other  system are nothing to write home about. But no excuse for a thieve , how can U say "afterall others are stealing too" why not be above board . Do U know how many innocents soul that suffers because of this corruption.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by ProAnti: 4:54pm On May 14, 2010
ilugunboy:

@Pro-Anti.

Can see that you were just joking all this while. grin

Going forward, please stop joking with this type of discuss.

Nigerians are not the only people coming here and we should mind the type of opinions outsiders form about us.

We should not been seen as a country that harbours and protect people that don't mean well for you and I.

The name is Pro Anti.
Pro- something, Anti-Same thing. grin grin grin grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 14, 2010
Pro Anti:

The name is Pro Anti.
Am safe to call you se'ku-se'ye then grin grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by OAM4J: 4:58pm On May 14, 2010
Pro Anti:

The name is Pro Anti.

In other word you are confusion - being pro and anti at the same time.  grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 14, 2010
whats all this debate about prostitutes
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by bawomolo(m): 5:41pm On May 14, 2010
you guys need to stop joking.

my "unnamed sources" have just confirmed that this is just a ploy by africom to invade niger delta and take over the oil fields  cheesy

The good citizen of chop-but-perform governors.

hehehe
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by mamagee3(f): 6:33pm On May 14, 2010
Sagamite:

The good citizen of chop-but-perform governors.  grin grin grin grin
grin tongue embarassed
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by xammy(m): 4:46am On May 15, 2010
My heart bleed for you poster - IN DEFENCE OF WHO?

Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by xammy(m): 4:47am On May 15, 2010
WAIT till you see the charges
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Shoaboy(m): 4:48am On May 15, 2010
Is there any other name 4 a thief,no ordinary police man can sue commisioner 4 police when is stil in post.it is ibori's time let dem sue with hm,obj,ibb their own time is comin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Builder: 7:24am On May 15, 2010
Why the insults and abuses? why must nigerians always pick words from the toilet to express their points, this is meant to be a forum where opinions, views and suggestions are aired, you don't have to agree with them but at least show some respect, no wonder the country is like a cesspool
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by chidichris(m): 8:42am On May 15, 2010
My heart bleed for you poster - IN DEFENCE OF WHO?

@xammy,
ibori did not serve the federal govt of nigeria rather he served delta state govt. my worries here lie on the fact that the pdp led federal govt is making this case a federal one while there are millions of unresolved federal cases eg harlibutton, tony annenih and federal roads contracts, obj and the power probes, ogbulafor and federal govt, atiku and the fg, ibb and the fg, ribadu and the fg, el rufai and the fg and host of other unresolved cases at the federal level.
again, most of us here calling for the head of ibori are not from delta and they have their own state govs walking tall and innocent just because they are loyal to the power that be.
this type of war on corruption(selective justice) has been in play for the pasy 11 yrs and u will agree with me that it is only yielding little or nothing hence the urgent need for change.
ok, assuming they arrest ibori tomorrow, what do u think will happen to him? alams had a 2 or 3 yrs there and come out very rich and more influential. bode george stole over 100billion and is serving 2 yrs. soon he will be out and you call this war on corruption?
99.999% of nigerians will prefer having 1 billion and remain 10 yrs in prison.
we have to be reasonable.
the war is just a political arrangement to silence oponents and look at the nigeria of today, it is slowly becoming a one party system and one man has taken over the control of everyother person, systems and even our constitution.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Nobody: 8:44am On May 15, 2010
Builder:

Why the insults and abuses? why must nigerians always pick words from the toilet to express their points, this is meant to be a forum where opinions, views and suggestions are aired, you don't have to agree with them but at least show some respect,  no wonder the country is like a cesspool

It is a terrible problem my brother. At times the insults are so intense and unwarranted that one is provoked to put these elements in their place. I'd probably blame the jackboot mentality (long years of military domination), the effects of which are yet to wear off - even after 11 years of 'democracy'. These dogmatic characters arrogate to themselves the right to determine which viewpoint is "right" and which is "wrong".  The fact that a given opinion is vehemently voiced by a vociferous mob does not necessarily validate it. In the end, all opinions are subjective. This kind of tyranny of the majority should have no place in a modern democracy. As Volitaire asserted, "I disapprove of what you say, but I would defend to death your right to say it". That is a fundamental characteristic of the democratic spirit; but the self-righteous, unthinking, gullible, blood-thirsty, and frustrated mob would have none of that. Maybe we'd get there someday.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Jonwesley(m): 8:55am On May 15, 2010
YOUR STAND IS PAINFUL AND SAD. WHY DO U TAKE SOLACE IN THE ACTS OF OTHERS TO DEFEND HIM. SO SHD HE MILK DELTA DRY BECOS OTHERS WERE STEALING? HABA! IBORI WE LEARNT SPENT N7BILLION TO INSTALL YARADUA, AND WITH THE HOPE THAT THE VICE PRESIDENT SLOT WILL BE GIVEN TO HIM SO THAT WITH THAT POSITION HE CLD HIDE ALL THE MONEY HE STOLE FROM THE STATE. PART OF THE MONEY WAS USED TO CLEAR PETER ODILI'S CAMPAIGN EXPENSES AFTER HE WAS DISAPPOINTED AT THE CONSENSUS CANDIDATE OF THE PDP.OF COURSE OBASANJO KNEW HIS
PLANS AND PLAYED HIM OUT, AND THEY WENT FOR GOODLUCK JONATHAN WHO WAS NOT GREEDY LIKE IBORI.OBJ SENT ALL THE INFORMATION TO RIBADU TO GO AND AHEAD AND INVESTIGATE WHERE HE GOT THE MONEY FROM. THAT WAS THE GENESIS OF THE PROBLEM. IBORI CRIED BLUE MURDER AND THE SCHEMING TO COMPENSATE IBORI WAS FIRST- THE MINISTER OF DEFENSE WAS CONSIDERED, BUT THROWN OUT BECOS EFCC WAS ALREADY ON IBORI. IBORI NOW FORMED THE CABAL AROUND YARADUA FOR HIS INVESTMENT NOT TO FITTER DOWN THE DRAIN. 2NDLY THE SACKING OF RIBADU WITH THE UNTOLD EMBARRASSMENT OF DEMOTION, REDEPLOYMENT AND WHAT HAPPENED AT NIPPS GRADUATION.

IT WAS FOR IBORI'S COMPENSATION THAT THE MINISTER OF JUSTICE WAS CHOSEN- AONDOAKAA, WHO HAD BEEN IBORI'S LAWYER FROM TIMES PAST. AONDOAKAA BROUGHT FARIDA WHO IS FROM AONDOAKAA'S AREA EXCEPT THAT SHE IS MARRIED TO AN OUTSIDER. THE FREEDOM IBORI ENJOYED IN NIGERIA WAS THE WORK OF FARIDA AND AONDOAKAA WHICH WAS TO BECOME TEMPORAL AFTER THE INCAPACITATION OF YARADUA. THE HIGH COURT BROUGHT TO ASABA WAS FOR IBORI, AND THE JUDGE THAT RENOUNCED ALL THE 170 COUNT CHARGES PLAYED THE SCRIPT.

HAVE U ASKED ABOUT THE SO CALLED CABAL? IBORI IS THE GROUND MASTER OF THE CABAL- THAT GOODLUCK JONATHAN SHD NOT BE MADE PRESIDENT OR ACTING PRESIDENT. THE DEATH OF YARADUA MIGHT BE DIVINE FOR IBORI TO BE EXPOSED. IMAGINE HE SENT CONDOLENCES FROM HIDING. THE COUNTRY WAS IN SUCH A PRECARIOUS CONDITION FOR IBORI THAT LONG THAT ANY THING COULD VE HAPPENED TO ALL OF US.

IBORI STOLE SOME BUNDLES OF ZINC AND WAS CONVICTED IN ABUJA SOME YEARS AGO. REMEMBER THE CELEBRATED EX-CONVICT CASE THAT WAS TO TAKE HIM OUT OF THE GOVT HOUSE IN ASABA? IBORI WENT BEHIND TO SCHEME THINGS OUT AND LATER AN IDOMA MAN FROM BENUE STATE CLAIMED HE WAS JAMES O ONANEFE IBORI. NO SUCH NAME IS BORNE BY PEOPLE OF THE AREA.

MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL AND NOTHING IS PERMANENT. IBORI'S ACCOMLICES ARE COOLING OFF IN LONDON JAIL, AND U EXPECT HIM TO BE FREE. THE EVIL HE HAS DONE IS LIVING WITH HIM AND HE SHALL SURELY PAY FOR HIS SINS. THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING. THE OTHERS U MENTIONED, THEIR TURN SHALL COME. TODAY OGBULAFOR IS IN THE HANDS OF ICPC. TOMORROW SHALL BE ANOTHER.

KUDOS TO DELTA ELDERS AND OTHERS WHO STAND FOR THE TRUTH AND NOT U AND OTHER DELTA INDEGENES SHIELDING HIM.THE OGHARA YOUTHS AND OTHERS IN DELTA STATE SHD MARCH TO DUBAI AND LONDON TO STOP HIS EXTRADITION. I THINK IT'S IGNORANCE THAT MAKES U TO JUST BLINDLY ACCUSE GOVT OF WITCH HUNTING.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by IbroYaya: 9:15am On May 15, 2010
chidichris:

@xammy,
ibori did not serve the federal govt of nigeria rather he served delta state govt. my worries here lie on the fact that the pdp led federal govt is making this case a federal one while there are millions of unresolved federal cases eg harlibutton, tony annenih and federal roads contracts, obj and the power probes, ogbulafor and federal govt, atiku and the fg, ibb and the fg, ribadu and the fg, el rufai and the fg and host ,
My guy you Never mention Ibori Vs UK government
Ibori's case done pass fg , Na international level e dey.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by monkeyleg: 9:17am On May 15, 2010
@ Pro Anti,

I am from Delta state and live in Delta state. Please define "PERFORMED" for us. IBORI did absolutely nothing for Delta state, ABSOLUTE FUCKING NOTHING.

And by the way, his brother Uduaghan is for the same shit pile so I wouldnt expect anything better.

I have been trying to figure how someone who was giving an extra 13% every month, and if we are being conservative that could easily add up to #10Bn every month that is #960bn extra for the 8yrs he was in power.

Please anybody can visit Delta state and see if it resembles a place #960bn was invested in. The figure is absolutely staggering, that is why people are so insensed, and really find no justification for his defence.

IBORI IS A BLOODY THEIF
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 9:55am On May 15, 2010
chidichris:

@xammy,
ibori did not serve the federal govt of nigeria rather he served delta state govt. my worries here lie on the fact that the pdp led federal govt is making this case a federal one

My God! undecided Do you ever think and engage your brain? Every time you analyse something I just want vomit.

So who do you want to prosecute governor? The state the governor ran and appoints the Lead Jugde? The state the governor ran and is influential in appointing a successor (in the case of Ibori, his own cousin)?

That is how you feel it would be successful to fight corruption? CHIDICHRIS!

chidichris:

bode george stole over 100billion and is serving 2 yrs. soon he will be out and you call this war on corruption?
99.999% of nigerians will prefer having 1 billion and remain 10 yrs in prison.

Get your facts right before you open your gob.

Bode George was not convicted of stealing 100bn, he was convicted of contract splitting.

Some of you guys opinions are too lame for it to matter.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by monkeyleg: 10:02am On May 15, 2010
@ Sagamite,

I wouldnt worry with ChidiChris. He is a fully paid-up Ibori Arse licker.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by bidemi12(m): 10:25am On May 15, 2010
i have said it time and time again that the average nigerian mentality, amnesia and hunger is the root of Nigeria's problem. How in God's name can someone come out boldly to object against ibori's arrest. of course selective justice is wrong but at the very least the poster should be jubilating that one of them/looter has bitten the dust. But no. The Nigerian amnesia has cropped up again and people are already forgeting the crimes of ibori. At this rate Nigeria will forever wallow in the doldrums of underdevelopment. God, i'm having another migrane again because of posters like these. note i did not insult you oooooo. I'd rather fight with my M16 and combatives 101 than with words. And that's another problem with Nigerians; too much words no action.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 10:32am On May 15, 2010
monkeyleg:

@ Pro Anti,

I am from Delta state and live in Delta state. Please define "PERFORMED" for us. IBORI did absolutely nothing for Delta state, ABSOLUTE bleeping NOTHING.

And by the way, his brother Uduaghan is for the same poo pile so I wouldnt expect anything better.

I have been trying to figure how someone who was giving an extra 13% every month, and if we are being conservative that could easily add up to #10Bn every month that is #960bn extra for the 8yrs he was in power.

Please anybody can visit Delta state and see if it resembles a place #960bn was invested in. The figure is absolutely staggering, that is why people are so insensed, and really find no justification for his defence.

IBORI IS A BLOODY THEIF

Shut up!

I am sure Ibori painted some streets and put street lighting for at least 4km. He must have built a few blocks of classes without chairs that can accommodate 20,000 children although children in the state with inadequate school infrastructure may be close to half a million.

He must have bought 1000 repainted second hand buses to use as mass transit for a 3m public-transport-riding public and your likes will say he has no vision.

Are you saying he did not buy 4x4 jeeps for all traditional rulers?

Out of N1040trn annual budget (which is more than national budget of more than 50% of African countries), he and his associates probably stole about only, just, merely, ordinary N700bn and your stuuupid arse is coming here saying he did not perform. Do you know what other governors steal and still they do not perform? See your head.

Delta's state N1040trn annual budget is roughly the same as the national budget of Iceland, Lebanon, Kenya, and Brunei, are you saying in the 8 years Ibori was there, the state was not better than these countries.

Bros, make you warn ya self o, na your face I dey look wey I no wan vex o. I dey provoke o, I dey provoke gan.

See ya mouth claiming Ibori did nothing. grin grin grin grin tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu / Enugu: IPAC Tells INEC To Announce Collated Results / Rescued Chibok School Girls Resume Classes, Share Their Dreams And Aspirations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.