Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,587 members, 7,837,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Awolowo Had No Equal - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Had No Equal (29689 Views)

See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 / awolowo had no power to remove Western nigeria from Nigeria. Only Ademusiwa has / Eze:awolowo Had Nothing To Do With Biafra,gowon Who Lead The Killing 1 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 11:56pm On Jun 04, 2010
First of all, throughout the article in question, Dr. Aneke failed to describe for his readers any factual situation as related to the 1954 incident at the Western House of Assembly that suggested that Awo "is the undisputed father of micro-ethnic politics in Nigeria." He failed to go beyond the usual obfuscated mantra of the Igbo politicians of Nnamidi Azikwe genre that Awo "is a tribalist because of the carpet crossing of some members in the Western House of Assembly". This kind of approach makes it possible for them to perpetuate their lies about that event and be able to continue to appeal to the primordial loyalty of average innocent Igbo for political gains. It is paradoxical that the Igbo people who gave so much loyalty and support to Nnamdi Azikwe and his clique could not finger anything of importance bequeathed to them as a result of Zik's leadership. Therefore, to sustain the loyalty of the needy Igbo people to a failed leadership by Zik, there has to be a permanent enemy, real or imagined, and Awo was a perfect scapegoat. A.M.A Akinloye who led the cross carpeting was not good enough for obvious reasons. He Akinloye could easily go to town to reveal the deal Zik refused to accept. To force Zik apologists to contend with the factual situations of that 1954 event is to expose their shrouded lies and rob them of an effective tool of political control over the over exploited Igbo people. To tear down this cocoon of Zik's failed leadership is to encourage the Igbo people to seek alternative political leadership. Nevertheless, that we must do, because "you can fool some people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time."

Zik was truly the grandfather of tribalism in Nigeria. Otherwise, instead of going back to the East to manipulate the emotions and the primordial sentiments of the Igbos, why did he not stay in the West and fight Awo for his every penny? He ought to have stayed in the West and fight it out. Moreso, at this time, Awo was not even a household name in Yorubaland. For example, my people in Ijeshaland were die hard NCNC followers for several years until they, like other NCNC faithfuls in Yorubaland were abandoned by the "Grest Zik'! If Zik was not to pave way for ethnic politics in Nigeria he should not have forced Eyo Ita out and malign Chief Awolowo for being able to give and take.
http://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/oyeyemi/121602.html
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 11:59pm On Jun 04, 2010
Awo wanted Zik to be the Prime Minister of Nigeria! He offered to serve under Zik as the Federal Finance Minister at Independence, in the interest of Nigeria and Nigerians. Is this how a tribalist behaves? That Awolowo did this was not out of character, giving up his ambition for the good of the country by asking Zik to assume leadership of the federal government. But rather Zik chose to become a powerless ceremonial head of state! In the late 1940s he (Awo) had enraged Prince (later Odemo of Ishara) Samuel Akinsanya (who came from the same local government as Awo) by supporting an Igboman against him as the Secretary of the Nigerian Youth Movement. What a tribalist indeed!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 12:03am On Jun 05, 2010
One has no choice but to once again point out the selective honesty of Dr. Aneke. Dr. Aneke was proud to mention the fulani mayor of Enugu and Eyo Ita an Efik. If the Yorubas did not show the same example how come Nnamdi Azikwe found himself an elected member of the Yoruba dominated Western House of Assembly? Did Dr. Aneke's selective memory failed to recall that Azikwe was not the only non-Yoruba elected into the Western House? [/b]May be Dr. Aneke's history teacher forgot to teach him that before the[b] self- government trial of the fifties non- Yorubas have been elected into the Lagos House of Assembly before Azikwe introduced tribalism into the Nigerian politics as an excuse for his own failed political leadership?

undecided
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by TewMuch: 12:06am On Jun 05, 2010
@ Sefago, you want to kill them with facts.

@ musiwa, please prove to Rhymz that ikorodu is more developed than imo state. We await your maps grin
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Musiwa13: 12:09am On Jun 05, 2010
I am yoruba, look, PDP have refuse to bring justice to the Yorubas. How do you expect yorubas to vote PDP. If chief Obafemi Awolowo was alive, Do you think he would support a party that see injustice done to the Yorubas and refused to correct it and expect vote from the people they have done injustice to?? Ask yourself this question. If we are not fighting for our right. ?

Look at the satellite pictures again. And ask if PDP members have moral to seek vote in Yorubaland.?? answer me. 

The Yorubas say Omo ale use is left hand to point to his father house, any Yorubaman who support that the injustice continue would be putting himself into the omo ale group. I am not a naughty person like some people have made themself.   If the PDP refuse not to correct the injustice, Yorubas should refuse to vote  for them period.  The Yorubas can not trust the PDP anymore. They have failed us.

The bibles say do good to all men.

The issue is the PDP have failed the Yorubas people. And the Yorubas people have no choice then to remove the PDP from Yorubaland, if the change is not made. The PDP have refused to change the injustice against the Yoruba which they the PDP conducted a false census.

Chief Obafemi Awolowo would be totally against the PDP for the injustice they have done to the Yoruba, which they have refuse to correct.

The Yorubas should stand up for thier next generation. And as long as the PDP refuse  to correct the injustice the Yorubas should refuse to vote for them. The truth is why is the PDP seeking vote from people who they refuse to bring justice to.

No reform No vote.

Odua agbe yin o

Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Musiwa13: 12:10am On Jun 05, 2010
imo

Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by TewMuch: 12:13am On Jun 05, 2010
^^^
you are a genius with your map, more please and a detailed analysis. This whole thread needs an understanding of your map techniques. grin. They underestimate you grin angry. Rhymz needs some education. More MAPS!!!!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Katsumoto: 12:14am On Jun 05, 2010
When it comes to facts, OnlyTruth and EzeUche do not debate but when it comes to spewing conjectural crap, OnlyTruth is the master. He has kept quiet now; but the minute he realises that his superiors are gone, he will come back with his delusional rhetoric.

Sefago, please keep it coming.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 12:31am On Jun 05, 2010
I did not even know this guy was related to Ojukwu but:

Please permit me again, to mention briefly, two personal experiences of my life, which inform my strong position on Ndigbo and Nigeria. My Father, Sir Odumegwu Ojukwu lived in Lagos, invested in Lagos and contributed to the economic and political growth of Nigeria for which he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II at Enugu in 1956. He loved Nigeria and he was an Igbo man to the core and he raised me as such. My Uncle, Chief Felix Okonkwo, popularly known as "Okonkwo Kano" lived in Kano, invested in Kano and was a member of the Northern Legislative House. He loved Kano and he also was an Igbo man to the core. He brought me up to respect the North and Northerners. Why then must we, their children, do less for ourselves and for Nigeria? This is why I continue to say to Ndigbo, that we must march forward in Nigeria, without any fears whatsoever, because it is our God-given country, doing what is right and proper, and protecting ourselves and our rights in Nigeria because we are bona fide citizens of Nigeria. I shall say no more.

So, really igbo people are being nominated up and down. You cannot even find a Yoruba person in these illustrious positions exce3pt in Kwara grin, if Kwara is the north, while igbo people are enjoying sef
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by rhymz(m): 12:32am On Jun 05, 2010
Lol @ Tewmuch's statement, abeg stop amusing me, see as i dey in the middle of the night, disturbing everyone.
Education indeed. . .
Katsumoto
i dont remember saying Zik was the best Leader Nigeria and Africa ever had. And am not the one to glorify stupid tribal allegiance.
Seriously, mekusxx has cunningly turned You and Safego to tribalists with you guys realizing it. Lately, I ve notice the trend, you are always on the defensive while Safego comes up with counter arguements to win in every thread steeped with tribal bigotory. Why now? I remember Safgo use to gist about schools in the UK and US and how they impart knowledge, I used to like him then but these days. . Mehn . . Anyway sha, una get time. .
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by bkbabe97: 12:34am On Jun 05, 2010
Katsumoto:

Please tell us Ziks achievements either for Eastern Nigeria or Nigeria as a whole. The compare them with Awo's.

(in Dede1's voice):

Umm, err, this is arrant inderictesy and total nonsense . The fact of which cannot be spewed intellektuali for you undesiders and uneducateful Yoruba masses. Ok, here goes: Mr Zik fled Biafra for the comforts of Yoruba Country, Mr Awolowo changed the currency and starved us to death. The bas.tard! Only a mitigating fellow with a total lack of comprehensing simplifieyd would comapre this lackey to the ingenous and superbly glorific Mr Zik!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by sjeezy8: 12:35am On Jun 05, 2010
Im waiting for the achievements Zik did for Nigeria or the East or what any Northerner did for the North or Nigeria?

can anyone please state what exactly any easterner or northerner introduced to Nigeria?
What did any northerner or easterner do that is practiced around Nigeria?

Like really tribalism aside-
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 12:45am On Jun 05, 2010
rhymz:

Lol @ Tewmuch's statement, abeg stop amusing me, see as i dey in the middle of the night, disturbing everyone.
Education indeed. . .
Katsumoto
i dont remember saying Zik was the best Leader Nigeria and Africa ever had. And am not the one to glorify silly tribal allegiance.
Seriously, mekusxx has cunningly turned You and Safego to tribalists with you guys realizing it. Lately, I ve notice the trend, you are always on the defensive while Safego comes up with counter arguements to win in every thread steeped with tribal bigotory. Why now? I remember Safgo use to gist about schools in the UK and US and how they impart knowledge, I used to like him then but these days. . Mehn . . Anyway sha, una get time. .  

Well I am technically not a tribalist, I just hate whiners. I still advise people on schools in the UK and US but in the education forum. Infact thats the main reason I came to Nairaland and still is lol. I just use this to pass time. Infact, I am right now in one my classmates house (he is igbo) in new york, and his family are nice grin grin grin, and he has hot sisters too, I am already eyeing tongue But regardless I have too concerns:

1. Although I do sometimes exhibit some childish superiority complex, I dont exhibit an ethnic one. I a really uncomfortable when people think they are better than other people.
2. Most importantly, I hate victim attitudes and paranoia. I want to show that Igbo people could be president- even Onlytruth if he goes for it, instead of sitting down here discussing about Yoruba and Fulani devils just like how AA devils. IMO, I would overwhelmingly vote for an Igbo man anywhere if he would look for my interest. Even moreso, I would not view him as an igno but a fellow Nigerian. Whenever I am in the States, and I see someone black even a cleaner, I say hi and I am ultimately friendly to them because I feel some connection to them. I dont see whats so hard about us seeing a connection in our struggles to develop black Africa.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 12:46am On Jun 05, 2010
bk/babe97:

(in Dede1's voice):

Umm, err, this is arrant inderictesy and total nonsense . The fact of which cannot be spewed intellektuali for you undesiders and uneducateful Yoruba masses. Ok, here goes: Mr Zik fled Biafra for the comforts of Yoruba Country, Mr Awolowo changed the currency and starved us to death. The bas.tard! Only a mitigating fellow with a total lack of comprehensing simplifieyd would comapre this lackey to the ingenous and superbly glorific Mr Zik!

bk/babe99 is killing me grin
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Katsumoto: 12:48am On Jun 05, 2010
rhymz:

Education indeed. . .
Katsumoto
i dont remember saying Zik was the best Leader Nigeria and Africa ever had. And am not the one to glorify silly tribal allegiance.

I am sorry you feel that way but providing historical facts that dispel age-long held fallacies does not make one a tribalist. I have never made disparaging remarks about any tribes and will never do so. Saying that Awo was a great leader does not make anyone a tribalist. The same people who extol Awo's virtues will probably have a go at individuals such as OBJ, Jakande, Adedibu, Akala. There are Igbo posters such as Dede1, Asha_80, UcheAwadi, Mikeansy, Chinenye, etc that I get along with on these forums even if we share opposing views. By the way, I attack Mekusxxx as an individual because he is one of those few responsible for the filth in this section.

I leave you with two quotes

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.” - Bishop Desmond Tutu

“Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting a bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian” - Dennis Wholey
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by rhymz(m): 1:13am On Jun 05, 2010
You guyz are right though but you don't have to be combative all the time. I see a lot of these threads, I just read them and move on, I don't have to take a side and I don't think being neutral is bad in this case any cos after all there is equal and opposite action and reaction. At least, one can safely say for every Mekusxx and Andre Ukwa or so there is Katsumoto and Safego. . Lol. . No need causing any inbalances. . It is sad mehn. . Nobody discusses real issues again, i mean, where are the beaf, ibime, Afam, Londerner, Aloy emeka, Sagamite and co., ppl with grasp of issues. . All of them don dey run finish becoz of the tribal roforofo wey threads dey easily turn to, . Guyz abeg make una change strategy, nobody is learning anything from all these bigotry. . At least you can start by creating intelligent topic that are not self-serving or that will lead to bigotry.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Musiwa13: 2:19am On Jun 05, 2010
This is Bauchi state,  they claim is  nearly 5 million,  compare that to ogun state 3 m or ondo state 3m.

Any serious government would not wait, till they start blowing up pipeline and form a Yoruba MEND before you correct the change.

Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Musiwa13: 2:20am On Jun 05, 2010
Ota , ogun state,

Any serious government would correct it. Or are you people waiting for Yoruba people to burn down obasanjo or Bankole and others house before you know how violent the Yorubas can be be they are upset.

Can someone explain how the picture of bauchi can have more population than ogun state. This is one town in Ogun state. Call Ota. 

And you want this people you have decieved, That David mark and the deputy speaker have lied to several times to vote for PDP.   Does David mark go to church. Which church We want to write that church,  And who is the pastor who have not told him the truth.

Do unto other what you want them to do upto you.

Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by akigbemaru: 2:31am On Jun 05, 2010
rhymz:

You guyz are right though but you don't have to be combative all the time. I see a lot of these threads, I just read them and move on, I don't have to take a side and I don't think being neutral is bad in this case any cos after all there is equal and opposite action and reaction. At least, one can safely say for every Mekusxx and Andre Ukwa or so there is Katsumoto and Safego. . Lol. . No need causing any inbalances. . It is sad mehn. . Nobody discusses real issues again, i mean, where are the beaf, ibime, Afam, Londerner, Aloy emeka, Sagamite and co., ppl with grasp of issues. . All of them don dey run finish becoz of the tribal roforofo wey threads dey easily turn to,  . Guyz abeg make una change strategy, nobody is learning anything from all these bigotry. . At least you can start by creating intelligent topic that are not self-serving or that will lead to bigotry.

@ Rhymz,
The issues at hands are nothing to Yoruba, we don't care what your perception is about us. The plot of this drama can be changed if Ibos, can voluntarily or wholeheartedly remove that recital lullaby that became a costom to every onyebo household in the East; which portrays Sage Awolowo as traitor. It makes me cringed, when Ibo's kids who were born in 80's and 90's start their usual mudsling about Awolowo. At one point, " I asked how did you know Awolowo as traitor, they say it's part of their upbringing, their parents tell them about how Awolowo betrayed them and didn't let them actualize the Biafran Mission. I may call a spade a spade, not a digging spoon. Awolowo was the best friend Ibos ever had. He was so munificent and compassionate about Ibos, either you like it or not, his policies were either direct or roundabout about benefited you up till today. Plus, if Awolowo would have let you secede, your chickens may have come home to roast quick, because Ijaws and Efiks are not Ibos; but simply because of oil Oyel, you want to force strange bedfellows. Ijaws are 16 million strong today and Ibos are around 19 million, and you think you can subdue them?

After moribund Oil Oyel, what did your  little part of Eastern region has to contribute to naija?
They colluded with our Western Region families, so that they can put their heads under ther f.ucking hyperplasia scrotums.
Check out the"Yeye Biafailed land mass," even in square kilometers, Biafran landmass not up to 30, 000 square kilometers not to talk of 30, 000 square miles. Another conspiracy theory in making.

This is what constitutes Igboland:
Anambra (4,844km²)
Enugu state (7,161 km2)
Imo state (5,530 km²)
Abia state (6,320km²)
Ebonyi state (5,530 km²)
Total is (29, 385 km²) not up to Kogi  state (29,833 km²) talkless of Kwara state (36,825 km²)

Then,Efiks, Bekwara, Ibibio and Ejagham (own Cross river and Akwa Ibom) and they are 5 million strong    

Cross river (20,215km²)
Akwa Ibom  (7,081km²)
Total landmass is (27,296km²)

Then, Ijaw and Annago
Delta state (17,698 km²)
River state (14,201 km²)
Bayelsa state (10,773 km²)
Total landmass is (42, 672km²) if you add Edo (17,802 km²)
Total is (60,474km²) more than times two of the whole Bia-failed nation. Damn it, y’all just got donk son!  

That is why, I always take my time to educate every last one of Ibos out there about sage Pa. Awlowo.
Like they say, " To be fore warned is to be fore fore armed." Read below, what Awolowo advised you people before you rushed into abysmal war of no returns.

By sage Awolowo:

The aim of a leader should be the welfare of the people whom he leads. I have used 'welfare' to denote the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of the people. With this aim fixed unflinchingly and unchangeably before my eyes I consider it my duty to Yoruba people in particular and to Nigerians in general, to place four imperatives before you this morning. Two of them are categorical and two are conditional. Only a peaceful solution must be found to arrest the present worsening stalemate and restore normalcy. The Eastern Region must be encouraged to remain part of the Federation. If the Eastern Region is allowed by acts of omission or commission to secede from or opt out of Nigeria, then the Western Region and Lagos must also stay out of the Federation. The people of Western Nigeria and Lagos should participate in the ad hoc committee or any similar body only on the basis of absolute equality with the other regions of the Federation.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Musiwa13: 2:42am On Jun 05, 2010
They have to remove the local govt from the constitution.

Even if they have to create state. Only 6 state. 4 for the south and two to the north to balance power. Since the south is more populated the north. 21 state in the south and 21 state in the north.

While Abuja state, Igalla/Idoma state, Ibadan state, Akure state, Coastal (delta) and Eko state from lagos. While everything below the Ikeja bridge remain part of eko state. And Every thing above the Ikeja bridge up to abeokuta in ogun state ( egba area ) as lagos state. While the ijebu area and Remo area to remain ogun state.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 2:42am On Jun 05, 2010
akigbemaru:

@ Rhymz,
The issues at hands are nothing to Yoruba, we don't care what your perception is about us. The plot of this drama can be changed if Ibos, can voluntarily or wholeheartedly remove that recital lullaby that became a costom to every onyebo household in the East; which portrays Sage Awolowo as traitor. It makes me cringed, when Ibo's kids who were born in 80's and 90's start their usual mudsling about Awolowo. At one point, " I asked how did you know Awolowo as traitor, they say it's part of their upbringing, their parents tell them about how Awolowo betrayed them and didn't let them actualize the Biafran Mission. I may call a spade a spade, not a digging spoon. Awolowo was the best friend Ibos ever had. He was so munificent and compassionate about Ibos, either you like it or not, his policies were either direct or roundabout about benefited you up till today. Plus, if Awolowo would have let you secede, your chickens may have come home to roast quick, because Ijaws and Efiks are not Ibos; but simply because of oil Oyel, you want to force strange bedfellows. Ijaws are 16 million strong today and Ibos are around 19 million, and you think you can subdue them?

After moribund Oil Oyel, what did your  little part of Eastern region has to contribute to naija?
They colluded with our Western Region families, so that they can put their heads under ther f.ucking hyperplasia scrotums.
Check out the"Yeye Biafailed land mass," even in square kilometers, Biafran landmass not up to 30, 000 square kilometers not to talk of 30, 000 square miles. Another conspiracy theory in making.

This is what constitutes Igboland:
Anambra (4,844km²)
Enugu state (7,161 km2)
Imo state (5,530 km²)
Abia state (6,320km²)
Ebonyi state (5,530 km²)
Total is (29, 385 km²) not up to Kogi  state (29,833 km²) talkless of Kwara state (36,825 km²)

Then,Efiks, Bekwara, Ibibio and Ejagham (own Cross river and Akwa Ibom) and they are 5 million strong    

Cross river (20,215km²)
Akwa Ibom  (7,081km²)
Total landmass is (27,296km²)

Then, Ijaw and Annago
Delta state (17,698 km²)
River state (14,201 km²)
Bayelsa state (10,773 km²)
Total landmass is (42, 672km²) if you add Edo (17,802 km²)
Total is (60,474km²) more than times two of the whole Bia-failed nation. Damn it, y’all just got donk son!  

That is why, I always take my time to educate every last one of Ibos out there about sage Pa. Awlowo.
Like they say, " To be fore warned is to be fore fore armed." Read below, what Awolowo advised you people before you rushed into abysmal war of no returns.

By sage Awolowo:

This slowpoke is regurgitating this fairytale as if we still live in the 50s and 60s. Today, I can sit in my living room here in the US and accurately measure every inch of Nigeria.  

The truth though is that Nigeria would never allow an opportunity for Ndigbo to decide whether to remain in Nigeria or not, because frankly Ndigbo would likely vote for secession even if the land is only 5,000 square meters.

Hence, those of us who are trapped in Nigeria have decided to remain, buy lands and wait for that day when these same folks would get fed up and try to secede, then we would show them.

This country will not turn out as you are planning it. Lies can't endure for ever.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Musiwa13: 2:49am On Jun 05, 2010
Why do you people so much care about what happened in the part. You should talk about the future. The satellite pictures are out. and you people have been cheating us and we do not want it to continue period.

Yes we forgive you for what happen for 50 years. we are not asking you to pay us back. But we want till to stop now and we all move on.  While to avoid war. we go away.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 2:51am On Jun 05, 2010
Musiwa,:

Why do you people so much care about what happened in the part. You should talk about the future. The satellite pictures are out. and you people have been cheating us and we do not want it to continue period.

Yes we forgot you for what happen for 50 years. But we want till to stop now and we all move on.  While to avoid war. we go away.

Na you go fight the war? grin grin
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Nobody: 2:54am On Jun 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

Na you go fight the war? grin grin
Why not? Doesnt he have the maps? grin
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 2:56am On Jun 05, 2010
FL Gators:

Why not? Doesnt he have the maps? grin

grin grin grin

Ya, maps are the most powerful weapons. lmao!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Musiwa13: 2:58am On Jun 05, 2010
leave that alone.

And I am going to ask you a question.  what do you know about the yorubas.

When a king go to the market place and beat up his wife, what do that mean in Yorubaland.

You saw the picture of Obasanjo feeding gbenga daniel are they gay??

You dont know anything about Yoruba people.

Abia state
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Tuyis: 3:10am On Jun 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

This slowpoke is regurgitating this fairytale as if we still live in the 50s and 60s. Today, I can sit in my living room here in the US and accurately measure every inch of Nigeria. 

The truth though is that Nigeria would never allow an opportunity for Ndigbo to decide whether to remain in Nigeria or not, because frankly Ndigbo would likely vote for secession even if the land is only 5,000 square meters.

Hence, those of us who are trapped in Nigeria have decided to remain, buy lands and wait for that day when these same folks would get fed up and try to secede, then we would show them.
This country will not turn out as you are planning it. Lies can't endure for ever.

How do you intend to "show them" when your money is heavily invested in immovable properties across Yorubaland and Nigeria in general?

Don't you think you have more to lose in terms of your investments?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 3:19am On Jun 05, 2010
Tuyis:

How do you intend to "show them" when your money is heavily invested in immovable properties across Yorubaland and Nigeria in general?

Don't you think you have more to lose in terms of your investments?

Exactly my point! The more y'all scheme to keep us in Nigeria on your own terms, the more you are entangled in its contradictions. grin

Who told you the Igbo would abandon their properties for a seceding Yoruba?

By "show them", I meant a little of the dose they dished out to Biafra.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Tuyis: 3:36am On Jun 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

Exactly my point! The more y'all scheme to keep us in Nigeria on your own terms, the more you are entangled in its contradictions. grin

Who told you the Igbo would abandon their properties for a seceding Yoruba?

By "show them", I meant a little of the dose they dished out to Biafra.

The only way you will be able to show them IMO is to impound all Yoruba properties in Igboland and by doing so, you have chosen to forgo all Igbo properties in Yorubaland.

If this is what you mean, then you need to re examine the wisdom in buying up landed properties in Yorubaland, because not as many Yorubas are doing the same in the East.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 3:39am On Jun 05, 2010
Please get Onlytruth to explain his logic because me myself I am confused lol
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 3:48am On Jun 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

Please get Onlytruth to explain his logic because me myself I am confused lol

I'm surprised even you genius boy is befuddled by my position.

Okay, I'll break it down again for ya.

You have succeeded in frustrating our peaceful or violent exit from Nigeria, but the emergent Nigeria will come with some consequences for you. You MUST live with the prospect of possibly being tenants in your land ('cos frankly my bros won't stop buying up your lands grin). Some of you will one day feel uncomfortable over this (some are already showing those signs). A day will come (unless you stop being selfish and clannish) when you would wish you had opted out of Nigeria or helped Biafra.

Only that by then, we Ndigbo must have warmed up to the Nigeria that came to be and would likely fight against anyone trying to secede, most likely you. Gerrit now?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by sjeezy8: 3:49am On Jun 05, 2010
lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply)

Fayose Kneeling Down For Ooni Ogunwusi's Royal Blessing (Photos) / Fashola Inspects Wharf Road, Apapa, Other Selected Roads In Lagos / Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.