Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Awolowo Had No Equal - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Had No Equal (29603 Views)

See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 / awolowo had no power to remove Western nigeria from Nigeria. Only Ademusiwa has / Eze:awolowo Had Nothing To Do With Biafra,gowon Who Lead The Killing 1 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 9:54pm On Jun 04, 2010
We will never see eye to eye on this issue.

Anyone from the East knows that Awolowo is the most hated man in the East and rightfully so. Ask any Igbo, Ibibio and any other group who fought on behalf of Biafra. This man was horrible.

I hope God has mercy on his soul because I know I wouldn't!  angry
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by sjeezy8: 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

As long as I bought the land fair and square, as long as I am a Nigerian living inside the territories of the federal republic of nigeria, I don't give a damn with what the custom is. If you cross near my property, I will defend it with the last drop of my Okoro blood, and if I have to bring more Okoros from Onitsha, Nnewi and Aba to fight, I would do so. So get that into your two timing skull.  cool

Its no big deal with the way youre talking now its as if you enjoy Lagos more than your own state? Stay in Lagos we didnt ask you people to leave.

you people no get shame at all lol

EzeUche:

Anyone from the East knows that Awolowo is the most hated man in the East and rightfully so. Ask any Igbo, Ibibio and any other group who fought on behalf of Biafra. This man was horrible.

I hope God has mercy on his soul because I know I wouldn't! angry

I dont even think people pay attention to the EAST.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by 006(m): 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2010
* 006 enters,
perceives an offensive body odour and covers his nose.
Scrolls through the posts and finds this homeless skunk, bk/babe97, on this thread.*

Hey bk/Mr. Pig, come back to
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4293.128.html
and let me finish you off. You can’t run forever.

*Exits this thread*
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Katsumoto: 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2010
EzeUche:

I hope God has mercy on his soul because I know I wouldn't!  angry

I know what you might have been told as a youngster but I need you to articulate what Awo did that was out of tune. When you use the starvation argument please say how.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2010
sjeezy8:

They definitely pay attention, when the oil is not flowing now don't they?

Then all eyes on the East and not only in Nigeria, but the WORLD!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2010
sjeezy8:

Its no big deal with the way youre talking now its as if you enjoy Lagos more than your own state? Stay in Lagos we didnt ask you people to leave.

Believe me, I don't live in any part of western Nigeria (can't stay more than one day in Lagos). I own properties ONLY IN THE EAST. My brothers and other relatives own properties in Lagos, much like Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu (Ikemba's father) owned half of Lagos.

I can't stop any Igbo from buying properties in Yoruba land. I would fight in the defense of their properties though if need be.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by 0hsisi: 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2010
The man is dead and long buried,Why don't we focus on the living leaders?
Why must people continually shove these dead people in our faces?
He achieved nothing in my opinion
No Nigerian leader dead or alive has achieved a thing yet
If there was constant running water ,progress or even common  electricity in western Nigeria courtesy of Awolowo,I'll give it to him.
There is poverty everywhere in Nigeria
In his hometown,beggars,almajiris and paupers abound like every other place in Nigeria
The average person from Ikenne is dying of starvation like the average person in Nigeria
Please people should talk of the living and what they can do not the dead who did nothing but use their sticky fingers to line their pockets like every other criminal politician in Nigeria.
How did the Awo family get stocks all over the big companies in Nigeria if not by thievery?
Let us hear something.
Like I said let us face our living thieves not the dead ones.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Justcash(m): 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2010
sjeezy8:

Well there is nothing to be ashamed of. If I buy lands in Lagos, I am qualified to do so as a Nigerian. Sorry man, there is nothing you can do about it. You can come and buy in the East if you want, no one is chasing you away.

About the last statement, you need to study Igbos well to understand that we gat the same biz mentality with the Chinese. We can never be the richest in the world cos our wealth go round. Boys are trained in biz everyday and given capital to start up and rise too. So it really goes round. We care more about profit and competitive advantage that is why we travel alot for trade. Then we go home to build beautiful houses and drive the best cars.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2010
Katsumoto:

I know what you might have been told as a youngster but I need you to articulate what Awo did that was out of tune. When you use the starvation argument please say how.

Obafemi Jeremiah Awolowo looted many of my people's bank accounts and gave Igbos 20 POUNDS! Which damaged our economic strength!

That 20 Pound policy will always go down in infamy. That treacherous bastard. I would spit on his grave.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Katsumoto: 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

Believe me, I don't live in any part of western Nigeria (can't stay more than one day in Lagos). I own properties ONLY IN THE EAST. My brothers and other relatives own properties in Lagos, much like Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu (Ikemba's father) owned half of Lagos.

I can't stop any Igbo from buying properties in Yoruba land. I would fight in the defense of their properties though if need be.

Continue to debate like you are in a primary school playground. Ojukwu's father owned half of Lagos!!!!!!!!!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2010
^^
Apparently a so called educated man can't understand the use of hyperbole in simple expressions. .
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by sjeezy8: 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

Believe me, I don't live in any part of the west (can't stay more than one day in Lagos). I own properties ONLY IN THE EAST. My brothers and other relatives own properties in Lagos, much like Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu (Ikemba's father) owned half of Lagos.

Since when did he own half of Lagos- make sense and stop telling lies.

[size=15pt]Africa: The Nigerian Millionaires[/size]

Peanuts & Petroleum. Even before Britain withdrew five years ago, Nigeria had a flourishing trade, exporting peanuts, cotton, palm kernels and cocoa and importing in exchange manufactured goods, foods and tobacco The first native millionaires made their money by competing with the white man for his trade. Among Nigeria's richest businessmen is[size=13pt] Alhaji Sanusi Dantata [/size] 46, who buys and ships much of the rich Kano region's peanut crop. Dantata's agents last year bought 84,000 tons from small farmers, paid with traditional handfuls of coin counted out in dusty village squares. [size=13pt]Sir Odumegwu Ojukwu 66, [/size] knighted shortly before independence, started off by importing dried fish for resale to the nonfishing Nigerians then decided to ship the fish inland himself instead of leaving the job to others. He also amassed the country's largest fleet of "mammy wagons," the trucks that carry Nigerians (including market women, which gives the trucks their name) from place to place.

In today's new Nigeria, businessmen are more likely to succeed by producing new goods or services. [size=15pt]Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony, [/size] 59, known as "The Black Englishman" for his impeccable manners and imperturbable air, began by importing cuckoo clocks and marble statues. He now controls or owns part of ten companies, including a tanker fleet and a charter airline. [size=13pt]Emmanuel Akwiwu, [/size] 43, earned law degrees at Cambridge; returning home just as Nigeria's oil boom began he organized a company that now has 70 vehicles, hauls oil rigs and supplies for British Petroleum Ltd. [size=15pt]Chief Shafi Lawal Edu,[/size] 54, who is president of Lagos' chamber of commerce, has built a fleet of eight oil tankers. He owns a silver-blue Rolls-Royce, but usually drives around in a Mercedes—thinks it is less ostentatious.

No Need to Clash. Many Nigerian businessmen have taken advantage of the novel opportunities that inevitably accompany broadening prosperity. [size=15pt]Chief Timothy Adeola Odutola,[/size] 63, a onetime farmer, developed a business to produce bicycle tires for the growing army of bikes, has done so well that he is adding a $1,700,000 plant, plans eventually to harvest his own rubber from his 5,000-acre plantation. A former office worker,[size=15pt] Ade Tuyo, 63,[/size] cast around for a business that would have 'first priority in people's spending" opened a bakery that today has four shops and makes 115 products. The firm's unusual name—De Facto Works Ltd.—was shrewdly chosen by Tuyo to impress Nigerian bankers with the fact that he was seriously in business

[size=15pt]Bayo Braithwaite, [/size] 36, one of Nigeria's younger businessmen, left a British insurance company to found a firm that would write life insurance on Nigerians which the British underwriters avoided. So successful has Braithwaite been that his African Alliance Insurance Co Ltd occupies a six-story Lagos home office and has 300 bush-beating agents. Braithwaite lives in an elegant house in suburban Ikoyi, where glass and concrete are deliberately intermixed with African folk art to prove that "the two need never clash."

So, it is, too, with Nigerian business. The Nigerians feel that they and their onetime white masters need never clash. "The time is coming," says [size=15pt]Timothy Udutola, [/size] "when we will produce more than we can consume and we will have to look outside Nigeria for markets" Against that time, Nigeria is seeking joint ventures in Europe and the U.S., has also concluded negotiations for eventual associate membership in the European Common Market. Already it exports more to the Market than to its old master, Britain.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,842145,00.html#ixzz0pv8sWP3L

Nigerias first millionaire out of the 8 - 5 are yorubas and Lagosian at that - So when did ojukwu father own half of Lagos? Why do some igbo people like to lie- its sooooooo annoying really
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by babapupa: 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2010
Justcash:

In one Nigeria? The same Nigeria that two men from Ogun state (Obasanjo and Awolowo) Fought to keep as one? Dn't worry, one day you will wake and discover that the Igbos own everything that makes you boast of Lagos state and other Yoruba states! Nonsense!

I know this is the delusional rhetoric you guys spew all over the place.

The question is, where is the sense and wisdom in developing other people's land wile yours remains crap, in shambles and getting swept of by erosion?

Is it by force not to apply common sense when you speak?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2010
Awo that nkita ara  initiated tribalistic  politics in Nigeria through the infamous carpet crossing episode when he got people from the backstabbing Yoruba to change parties after Zik's national victory, thereby making Zik's victory hollow.

Zilk now had to retreat to the East rather than operate from the national centre, using  the umbrella of the East to make himself relevant.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2010
I can't believe these folks are taking this literally. Shakes head. undecided
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2010
sjeezy8:

Since when did he own half of Lagos- make sense and stop telling lies.

Nigerias first millionaire out of the 8 - 5 are yorubas and Lagosian at that - So when did ojukwu father own half of Lagos? Why do some igbo people like to lie- its sooooooo annoying really

Everyone knows that Ojukwu's father was one of the RICHEST men in AFRICA.

And the RICHEST man in Nigeria.

So shut up and stop trying to be a history revisionist.

Dumb a ss Yoruba.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2010
babapupa:

I know this is the delusional rhetoric you guys spew all over the place.

The question is, where is the sense and wisdom in developing other people's land wile yours remains crap, in shambles and getting swept of by erosion?

Let me help you figure Igbo thinking here a little. A famous writer -Mark Twain -said, "Buy lands, for they ain't making more of it".

When we are done with your land, we then turn to ours.  grin
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by sjeezy8: 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2010
^^^ answer my question you said Ojukwu father owned half of Lagos-

EzeUche:

And the RICHEST man in Nigeria.

So shut up and stop trying to be a history revisionist.

Dumb a ss Yoruba.

[size=15pt]Africa: The Nigerian Millionaires[/size]

Peanuts & Petroleum. Even before Britain withdrew five years ago, Nigeria had a flourishing trade, exporting peanuts, cotton, palm kernels and cocoa and importing in exchange manufactured goods, foods and tobacco The first native millionaires made their money by competing with the white man for his trade. Among Nigeria's richest businessmen is[size=13pt] Alhaji Sanusi Dantata [/size] 46, who buys and ships much of the rich Kano region's peanut crop. Dantata's agents last year bought 84,000 tons from small farmers, paid with traditional handfuls of coin counted out in dusty village squares. [size=13pt]Sir Odumegwu Ojukwu 66, [/size] knighted shortly before independence, started off by importing dried fish for resale to the nonfishing Nigerians then decided to ship the fish inland himself instead of leaving the job to others. He also amassed the country's largest fleet of "mammy wagons," the trucks that carry Nigerians (including market women, which gives the trucks their name) from place to place.

In today's new Nigeria, businessmen are more likely to succeed by producing new goods or services. [size=15pt]Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony, [/size] 59, known as "The Black Englishman" for his impeccable manners and imperturbable air, began by importing cuckoo clocks and marble statues. He now controls or owns part of ten companies, including a tanker fleet and a charter airline. [size=13pt]Emmanuel Akwiwu, [/size] 43, earned law degrees at Cambridge; returning home just as Nigeria's oil boom began he organized a company that now has 70 vehicles, hauls oil rigs and supplies for British Petroleum Ltd. [size=15pt]Chief Shafi Lawal Edu,[/size] 54, who is president of Lagos' chamber of commerce, has built a fleet of eight oil tankers. He owns a silver-blue Rolls-Royce, but usually drives around in a Mercedes—thinks it is less ostentatious.

No Need to Clash. Many Nigerian businessmen have taken advantage of the novel opportunities that inevitably accompany broadening prosperity. [size=15pt]Chief Timothy Adeola Odutola,[/size] 63, a onetime farmer, developed a business to produce bicycle tires for the growing army of bikes, has done so well that he is adding a $1,700,000 plant, plans eventually to harvest his own rubber from his 5,000-acre plantation. A former office worker,[size=15pt] Ade Tuyo, 63,[/size] cast around for a business that would have 'first priority in people's spending" opened a bakery that today has four shops and makes 115 products. The firm's unusual name—De Facto Works Ltd.—was shrewdly chosen by Tuyo to impress Nigerian bankers with the fact that he was seriously in business

[size=15pt]Bayo Braithwaite, [/size] 36, one of Nigeria's younger businessmen, left a British insurance company to found a firm that would write life insurance on Nigerians which the British underwriters avoided. So successful has Braithwaite been that his African Alliance Insurance Co Ltd occupies a six-story Lagos home office and has 300 bush-beating agents. Braithwaite lives in an elegant house in suburban Ikoyi, where glass and concrete are deliberately intermixed with African folk art to prove that "the two need never clash."

So, it is, too, with Nigerian business. The Nigerians feel that they and their onetime white masters need never clash. "The time is coming," says [size=15pt]Timothy Udutola, [/size] "when we will produce more than we can consume and we will have to look outside Nigeria for markets" Against that time, Nigeria is seeking joint ventures in Europe and the U.S., has also concluded negotiations for eventual associate membership in the European Common Market. Already it exports more to the Market than to its old master, Britain.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,842145,00.html#ixzz0pv8sWP3L

Im showing you people a Times article and you are still talking shiot- this is amazing.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

Let me help you figure Igbo thinking here a little. A famous writer -Mark Twain -said, "Buy lands, for they ain't making more of it".

^^^^^^

Gbam!

And these Yorubas can waste their money on elaborate parties while we buy up all their land.

We already own most of Abuja. Lagos is not that far behind

We will be their landlord!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Justcash(m): 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

I can't believe these folks are taking this literally. Shakes head.  undecided

That is an evidence of their level of knowledge! They will be the first to talk about wanting to leave cos they think they are making more sense!

I'm outta here to catch my biz flight jare!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by bkbabe97: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2010
~Sauron~:

It's obvious you cannot cope with the pace of the discussion.
Duh. . . .It was Ojukwu that wanted to secede. . . . .Was that supposed to be a war uniting Nigeria?
Onlytruth should be OnlyFALSE. cheesy

Thats all u remember? Geez, Sauron, I been on this for 6 months now and can list more, waaayy more, than your "one liner"! Dude, ure a disgrace. Lemme, teach u a lil bit more of "your" history!

1. Mr Azikiwe accepts to become "ceremonial" president just because he is plain greedy. . . and because it gives him an opportunity to meet the Queen! In his warped Ibo mind just one chance with the Queen, one miserly meeting, and he'll "bag" her, marry her, and become King of England! Then, he'd make England part of the Ibo empire. . . Crazy dreams right? A young ojuku makes the same mistake 7 years later, this time the sought after bride that gave the now senile, gorilla looking, bearded one wet dreams were the oil fields that "rightfully" belong to the Ijaws! (1957-1967)

2. The Ibos do not understand that politics is not brawn but smarts, thus, they cant handle the ingenuity of the Yorubas! In a last ditch attempt at holding on to power, the Ibos (who were in control of Parliament) attempted to "hand over" civilian power to the military. This is Nigeria's first encounter with the military at the helm of its affairs!!! REMEMBER, THE IBOS STARTED IT!!!(1965)

3. Tribalistic and selfish officers (99.87% Ibos) carry out a coup killing officers and Political leaders of both Western and Northern Nigerian ethnicities! NOT ONE IBO WAS KILLED IN THIS POGROM! The rest of the country is upset; the Ibos are smiling! (jan.1966)

4. Ibo traders in Northern Nigeria openly display pictures of mutilated Northern leaders killed in the '66 coup. They openly taunt the Hausas. They call attention to it at any given time by inviting the Hausas into their shops with no other reason but to put the deaths of their leaders in their face. The Hausas might not speak english, but they sure as hell understood the word "REVENGE" in like 16 billion different languages and they intended to teach it to the Ibos. (1966)

5. Hausas carry out their revenge and kick Ibo aszz! They kill Ibos by the droves! Machetes, clubs, fists, swords, knives, guns. . . . they use it all against the Ibos. The Ibos flee the North! Most of them forget to grab their posters of the dead Hausa leaders while trying to flee to Biafra! Ah, the lost possessions!(1966-1967)

6. Ojuku sees an opportunity to become king. He decides to secede, claiming Ibo marginalization. Conveniently, in typical Ibo fashion, he chooses to forget that the Ibos started beefing first! He refuses all peace overtures. He signs the Aburi accord, then reneges. He goes to war declaring his new kingdom Biafra! The name (Biafra) leaves the Federal Government scratching their heads! "What the hell is a Biafra??!?". That question still hasnt been answered to this day! (1967)

7. War (more like a military training exercise) breaks out! Biafra is fucnked up within 3 weeks and the Nigerian Govt just has fun pounding the hell out of it for the next 3 years! Testing its newly acquired bombs on Biafra is fun to Nigerian army officers like Babangidah! The Nigerian Govt chooses to have fun fighting a "slow" war, the blood thirsty officers amongst them pray for the war to never end so that they can spill as much Biafran blood as possible. Instead of wasting men and ammo, the Federal Govt funck the Biafrans up by: (1) Creating States; (2) Changing the currency thereby making the Biafran Pound even more worthless than Monopoly money ; (3) Starving the Biafrans to death. To add insult to injury the above three actions are proposed by a genius Yoruba who still haunts the Ibos even when they are wide awake! The rumors about Mr Awolowo begin! (1967-1970)

8. Mr Azikiwe, Mr Saro-Wiwa and other notable Biafran figures flee Ojuku's hell hole! In an interview granted to the Times, Mr Azikiwe stated: ". . . aint no way I was gonna starve to death! Fucnk that!!! Plus, I was missing my Yoruba chics, them Ibo hos is just too muscular for my liking". Ojuku hates him from that day forth; he plans his death but only gets to kill Mr Saro-Wiwa a few years later!

9. Biafra is funcked! The "Army" and poplulation is demoralized! Theres no military uniform, boots or other equipment! The soldiers fight in flip-flops and are handed "one gun for 2 soldiers". Each soldier is given a bullet each! The population is starving while Ojuku and his chronies feed fat! Pictures emerge of Biafran kids with stomachs the sizes of Spalding Basketballs. Thanx to Ojuku and those lil, innocent, malnourished Ibo kids these pics are circulated around the world and adds to the stereotype the world already has of African kids. Thanx alot starving Ibo kids angry (1967-1970)

10. Biafra is walloped into submission. Ojuku was given a lotta overtures to surrender peacefully, but thots of the oil fields make him achieve or*ga.sm all the time , so he refuses! Ojuke flees into exile in the middle of the night disguised a bearded Ibo woman! Customs at the Nigerian airport do not notice any anomality as Ojuku does not stand out from the numerous women of Eastern Nigerian origin that usually ply the airport complete with a face full of beard! In typical Ibo treachery mode, he pretends he's going for a walk and does not inform his commanders of his escape until he's airborne. He leaves them to their own fate and leaves with all the food!!! Greedy Ojuku escaped with all the food and the rest of what was left of Biafran weaponry (17 bullets)! In his "escape" letter, and typical Ibo way of thinking the rest of mankind is stu.pi.d, he tells his commanders that " . . . in good-faith I have left the Biafran Treasury in your hands for safe-keeping. As an honest God-fearing man I havent touched a penny. I left the money intact. At last count/audit the amount we had left was over 160 gazillion Biafran Pounds. Take good care of my people; they are yours now. I am going to solicit help,thus, this journey which I am embarking on will take me to Macau, The Hamptons, Monaco, Aspen, St. Morizt, and Venice. I am not relishing visiting these "hell-holes" but I gotta do what I gotta for the sake of Biafra . . . . "! Years later, one of the commanders whom Ojuku left hanging ( in an interview with a British Newspaper in response to Ojuku's claim that his commanders mismanaged Biafran economy, and embezzled and siphoned its funds for personal benefits ) stated ". . . The ba.s*tard (Ojuku) left us with 160 gazillion Biafran pounds, yes! BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT 160 GAZILLION BIAFRAN POUNDS IS EQUAL TO $19.24!!! What the hell were we supposed to do with that? And the bas.t.ard ran off with all the food we had in storage"!!!! Ojuku declined to retort on this issue in future interviews. Instead, he says the fault lies at the doorstep of the Yorubas in general and Mr Awolowo in particular! (1970)

11. Enemies become friends! Ojuku colludes with the Hausas to kill Mr Ken Saro Wiwa! He also is said to currently be in a hot sizziling, romance with General Barbangidah. It has been rumored that they intend to move to Massachusetts to make the love they feel for each other known to the world! (1989-Present)
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2010

You said one of the  richest men- thats means there are others. I would wager than bank-Anthony would smash Ojukwu's father or at least equal in wealth.

But to win half of lagos? Have you ever lived in lagos? I lived in VI and Lekki so I know what I am saying
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by babapupa: 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

I addressed your delusions already,

Like I asked,

Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2010
babapupa:

Like I asked,

It is not delusion. It is happening as we speak and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2010
And this is why Nigeria will never progress.

Yorubas are always at war with the Igbo while the Hausa-Fulani sit back and laugh.

Foolish Yoruba!  angry
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by sjeezy8: 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2010
babapupa:

Like I asked,

lol backward way of thinking I swear-
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Katsumoto: 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2010
EzeUche:

Obafemi Jeremiah Awolowo looted many of my people's bank accounts  and gave Igbos 20 POUNDS!  Which damaged our economic strength!

That 20 Pound policy will always go down in infamy. That treacherous naughty person. I would spit on his grave.

Tell me, did Biafrans change their Nigerian pounds for Biafran Pounds? If they did, can you tell me where they did so.
Also how did Awo loot people's bank accounts? Please educate me; I don't want any handed down stories.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2010
EzeUche:

And this is why Nigeria will never progress.

Yorubas are always at war with the Igbo while the Hausa-Fulani sit back and laugh.

Foolish Yoruba!  angry

We really don't need to have an accord with these people, we need to conquer them. And we can do it if we understand their thinking. I believe we are already getting there, which is why some of them (like becomrich) are planning to secede. Na dat time dem go hear am!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by TewMuch: 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

We really don't need to have an accord with these people, we need to conquer them. And we can do it if we understand their thinking. I believe we are already getting there, which is why some of them (like becomrich) are planning to secede. Na dat time dem go hear am!
grin grin grin
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

Yes, lets buy up their land. Let them worry about luxury goods and big parties while we own their land and they pay us rent.

I rather we Igbos control Nigeria through our finances. Just likes the Jews control Europe and America, we can one day control not only Nigeria but Africa as a whole through our finances.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2010
^^ Smart dude! grin
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by babapupa: 10:30pm On Jun 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

It is not delusion. It is happening as we speak and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

I do agree with you. It is happening as we speak. It is happening inside your head.

Ndo,

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply)

Police Arrest Ekiti APC Leader, Others For Robbery / Ministerial Screening: Nigerians Praise Ocholi’s Performance On Twitter / Nnamdi Kanu’s Guard 'Ojukwu' Who Was Arrested By Soldiers, Granted Bail. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.