Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari (32750 Views)

We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament / Fashola Gives Ultimatum To Berger-Kara Bridge Mechanics / Sheikh Dahiru: Nigerians Didn’t Elect Buhari To Be Sold Like Animals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by waveman2: 12:19am On Nov 21, 2018
But you survived for 16years while APC 3and half years has seen alot if not dead,hopeless.

77up:
Don't stress yourself too much , we are moving to the next level tongue
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by Konquest: 12:28am On Nov 21, 2018
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by thinksense: 12:29am On Nov 21, 2018
Children of hanger will start raging their angry and frustration now. Biafrog Atiefculate Miscreant
All this frustrated nnamdi kanu foot soldiers. You are our slaves and shall continue to be. Pmb/pyo
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by blackfase(m): 12:32am On Nov 21, 2018
Oga, you will count me out. Why? Cos we are taking it back from you buffoons....
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by escapefromusa(f): 12:33am On Nov 21, 2018
Chinapepe:

Believe this or not, Buhari may win in the North and Southwest with slim margin, as the election is going to be a "neck to neck" in the the regions, while the votes from Southeast & Southsouth will give victory to Atiku. If you know, you know. Mark my words this day.

Buhari wins the north and southwest and but looses election.
Yet Atiku wins the SE and South South thus becoming President elect ...

Your on drugs. .... you must be.
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by GMbuharii: 1:51am On Nov 21, 2018
totit:
grin grin grin

To God be the glory. Yoruba people are becoming more daring and saying it as it is. We want more of fashola among us who say it as it is and choose SW interest above others.

Now, for these iyamirri shouting and wailing as usual, earlier today , here is a demand of theirs according to the news ;

...is that need greed above?? So, you south east people acting like angels should just shut up and stay on your lane.

It's every man for himself. .. To your tent O Israel.
grin
grin

Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by RTSC: 3:00am On Nov 21, 2018
python2gbera:

Nna eh, Igbos love Fashola to bits, Fashola is greater than Ojukwu, Azikiwe, Ekweme combined & Igbos already know this.
-python2
You will still cry that igbos are hateful when the time comes.
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by nengibo: 5:48am On Nov 21, 2018
This is very tribalistic from fashola, its a huge disappointment.
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by Yopcity: 5:53am On Nov 21, 2018
thinksense:
Children of hanger will start raging their angry and frustration now.
Biafrog
Atiefculate
Miscreant

All this frustrated nnamdi kanu foot soldiers.
You are our slaves and shall continue to be.
Pmb/pyo

When i read comments like this i pity this generation and it is clear nigeria has no future. So in this 21st century some idiots still believe that a man from their tribe being in govt. really means anything.

Sorry, Whether Osibanjo or Obi, the only people that will benefit from them are their immediate family and friends. Even in this buhari régime, there are people from daura who are finding difficult to eat while an Igbo woman (lauretta onochie) is busy buying houses.

Right now, there are many yoruba pastors in RCCG finding life difficult and Osibanjo being vp has not changed that.

In conclusion, it is only poor, wretched and brainless people who are deceived into believing tribal gimicks in politics, for the rich people and politicians it is all about interest!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by Nature8(m): 5:59am On Nov 21, 2018
Nigeriabiafra80:
No other reason than them been zombie

Lol grin
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by Yopcity: 6:04am On Nov 21, 2018
Sirjamo:
No need to even campaign in the south west, how can we abandon Osinbajo for one Obi? When we are not mad

Politicians keep on having their way because of mumus like u, oya write Osibanjo or fashola to tell him that u re a yoruba person and that u need help and see Whether that letter will be replied.

Obi becoming the vp has NOTHING to offer the Igbos in reality, in Jonathan's cabinet, there were plenty Igbos occupying serious positions yet SE benefited nothing from that.
Politics is a game of interest, not tribe ! govt. is paddy paddy not village matter.
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by imam07: 6:43am On Nov 21, 2018
globemoney:

I'm not yoruba
i know u are ipob. Dat is y i said u shld not invite curse on your head. Is becos of dis evil tot u ibos always have against d other tribe dat makes ibos not to reach d position of president till now.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by zlantanfan: 6:45am On Nov 21, 2018
Ganduri:

be in that your brown roofed hole and be speaking for the rest of us. lol. una eye go clear very soon.
like una own don dey clear continuously in every election.
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by bantudra: 7:01am On Nov 21, 2018
buchilino:

BE PROUD OF WHERE U COME FROM 4 ONCE N STOP HIDING UNDER IGBO BANNER

you do know their are mix people with yoruba and igbo parents,right....??
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 21, 2018
nengibo:
This is very tribalistic from fashola, its a huge disappointment.

What is tribalistic? Fact is you are now dealing with a generation of Yorubas, starting from Fashola et al, not ready to be diplomatic and two-faced in pursuit of Yoruba interest. The likes of OBJ went overboard trying to please others and form detribalised to the extent he even harmed Yoruba interest, via imposing misrulers like OGD on us everywhere, when he was aware his action would only take us backwards.

It is different now. Fashola has seen it all . He saw the hate ,in the modern era, from sections of the SE and SS even when it was Soyinka, Falana and many prominent leaders who faced bullets to have GEJ installed as acting President while SE and even SS sons of GEJ stayed away.

When GEJ became substantive president the noise from SE Nairaland posters in particular was that he must punish and disenfranchise the Yorubas. Open venom against the Yorubas and Northerners. Someone should help me find the thread if they have a link.

Point is that Fashola's generation and mine behind him now consists of pragmatists who understand the unending hate and lack of goodwill others have for us. We won't play the hate game but we will not continue to try to be the 'bigger man' anymore like Soyinka et al did fruitlessly. Soyinka sided withe Igbo and even defended them over the Biafra war yet they came for him mercilessly because he dared to criticise Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan. Today the hate remains through Kanu, IPOB et al who ask for a Yoruba man to be killed before a snake if in same room.

They thoroughly humiliated Soyinka calling him senile, cultist etc never mind all he had done for them and Nigeria. As a Yoruba, and many new generation Yorubas would have taken the same message, I realised the fate of Soyinka shows that, as Fashola is doing, it is not a crime fighting for your own interest if you are not harming others doing so in a country full of hateful ingrates. For the sensible Yoruba it is now "damned if you do, damned if you don't" so why not secure your own interest first?

Fight for the development of every Nigerian but fight for yourself politically. Doing otherwise may leave you with nothing in the end as many Nigerians still operate with primordial hatred of others to the extent , as Soyinka's case shows, they will never appreciate you even if you give them your eyes.

All that and many other open show of hate against the Yorubas was shaping the mindset of the modern Yorubas now very distant from the OBJ and Soyinka generation . We saw how a people Soyinka personally sacrificed for mocked him mercilessly because of hate for his ethnic stock and because they ethnically sided with Jonathan who had no history of doing nada for them and would indeed go on to do nada for them over his 5 year presidency. We now know that the style of Soyinka will get us nowhere with unrepentant haters.

Rather we will pragmatically and coldly continue to strategize to gain the chance to uplift Nigeria and our region via accepting the reality of Nigeria and what you need to do to secure development personally and nationally.

When others eschew hate to begin acting right then we will think differently but I don't think the Yorubas, for now, will continue being the 'bigger brother' as we see this is getting us nowhere in hateful Nigeria. The strategy has changed. Hate Fashola and call him names but we won't care if his call helps us to Aso rock where the current crop of brilliant Yoruba APC leaders can really make a big difference. The modern Yoruba means no harm to others but we are now working with pragmatic awareness. I am behind Fashola 100%. Go to hell if you dont like that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by sapoyoro(m): 7:05am On Nov 21, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Except you expect them to hand over cash gifts to people on the street, which isn't possible.

This government has provided some major infrastructural facilities for the SW people and many are still in the pipeline.

infrastructure like rail and road projects which benefits will last longer than the current administration.

yes, Lagos-ibadan is the only thing in SW..I'm from osun state,pls tell me the reason I should cast my vote for buhari?
some of you youths have just choosen to be useless in this country..
with all the hunger in most sw states?
today is 21st and Mr Aregbe is yet to pay September salary despite owing several arrears and you are telling me to go cast my vote for APC because of lagos-ibadan?.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by sapoyoro(m): 7:14am On Nov 21, 2018
Oshigun:

What is tribalistic? Fact is you are now dealing with a generation of Yorubas, starting from Fashola et al, not ready to be diplomatic and two-faced in pursuit of Yoruba interest. The likes of OBJ went overboard trying to please others and form detribalised to the extent he even harmed Yoruba interest, via imposing misrulers like OGD on us everywhere, when he was aware his action would only take us backwards.

It is different now. Fashola has seen it all . He saw the hate ,in the modern era, from sections of the SE and SS even when it was Soyinka, Falana and many prominent leaders who faced bullets to have GEJ installed as acting President while SE and even SS sons of GEJ stayed away.

When GEJ became substantive president the noise from SE Nairaland posters in particular was that he must punish and disenfranchise the Yorubas. Open venom against the Yorubas and Northerners. Someone should help me find the thread if they have a link.

Point is that Fashola's generation and mine behind him now consists of pragmatists who understand the unending hate and lack of goodwill others have for us. We won't play the hate game but we will not continue to try to be the 'bigger man' anymore like Soyinka et al did fruitlessly. Soyinka sided withe Igbo and even defended them over the Biafra war yet they came for him mercilessly because he dared to criticise Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan. Today the hate remains through Kanu, IPOB et al who ask for a Yoruba man to be killed before a snake if in same room.

They thoroughly humiliated Soyinka calling him senile, cultist etc never mind all he had done for them and Nigeria. As a Yoruba, and many new generation Yorubas would have taken the same message, I realised the fate of Soyinka shows that, as Fashola is doing, it is not a crime fighting for your own interest if you are not harming others doing so in a country full of hateful ingrates. For the sensible Yoruba it is now "damned if you do, damned if you don't" so why not secure your own interest first?

Fight for the development of every Nigerian but fight foe yourself politically. Doing otherwis may leave you with nothing in the end as many Nigerians still operate with primordial hatred of others to the extent , as Soyinka's case shows, they will never appreciate you even if you give them your eyes.

All that and many other open show of hate against the Yorubas was shaping the mindset of the modern Yorubas now very distant from the OBJ and Soyinka generation . We saw how a people Soyinka personally sacrificed for mocked him mercilessly because of hate for his ethnic stock and because they ethnically sided with Jonathan who had no history of doing nada for them and would indeed go on to do nada for them over his 5 year presidency. We now know that the style of Soyinka will get us nowhere with unrepentant haters.

Rather we will pragmatically and coldly continue to strategize to gain the chance to uplift Nigeria and our region via accepting the reality of Nigeria and what you need to do to gain development personally and nationally.

When others eschew hate to begin acting right then we will think differently but I don't think the Yorubas, for now, will continue being the 'bigger brother' as we see this is getting us nowhere in hateful Nigeria. The strategy has changed. Hate Fashola and call him names but we won't care if his call helps us to Aso rock where the current crop of brilliant Yoruba APC leaders can really make a big difference.
Absolute nonsense!
with all this your balderash,is SW not a shithole like the rest of the country?
does that stop the hunger ravaging Osun state and most state in the SW?
Are SW better in anything than the rest of the country?
in fact,our region because of hunger is fast catching up with northerners in terms of poverty.

Fashola ask us to vote because,he and his fellow cronies from the Yoruba stock will enjoy more benefits role does not mean such benefits extend to the common Yoruba man struggling to make ends meet.
At this stage,the useless minister should be pointing out economical reasons why we should vote Buhari and not spouting out Bs.
we ,Nigerian youths are the country worst enemy,with all the education, we still let these idioticc politicians with no ideology get away with their stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by bantudra: 7:16am On Nov 21, 2018
sapoyoro:

Absolute nonsense!
with all this your balderash,is SW not a shithole like the rest of the country?
does that stop the hunger ravaging Osun state and most state in the SW?
Are SW better in anything than the rest of the country?
in fact,our region because of hunger is fast catching up with northerners in terms of poverty.

Fashola ask us to vote because,he and his fellow cronies from the Yoruba stock will enjoy more benefits role does not mean such been benefits extend to the common Yoruba man struggling to make ends meet.
At this stage,the useless minister should be pointing out economical reasons why we should vote Buhari and not spouting out Bs.
we ,Nigerian youths are the country worst enemy,with all the education, we still let these idioticc politicians with no ideology get away with their stupidity.

first of all,if you want to say something to somebody,you dont start with an insult....who you dey call shitthole....??
what does shitthole mean....??....think about that if you want people to listen to your point of view.....

as soon i see shitthole,i stop readin what you have to say....
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 21, 2018
sapoyoro:

yes,is Lagos-ibadan is the only thing in SW..I'm from osun state,pls tell me the reason I should cast my vote for buhari?
today is 21st and Mr Aregbe is yet to pay September salary despite owing several arrears and you are telling me to go cast my vote for APC because of lagos-ibadan?.

Bruv, vote for Atiku. No long thing. Buhari bailed out Governors. If they are not paying salaries then don't hold it against him . Doing this just shows you don't have the political maturity to distinguish between State and national political leadership responsibilities. Hold your governor accountable. Buhari is not governor of Osun.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by Ttipsy(f): 7:19am On Nov 21, 2018
what an unpatriotic comments from a minister of a federation
. Nigeria should've grown beyond tribalism..

this con3 should better b divided!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 21, 2018
Ttipsy:

Welcome to the new Nigeria you and others helped to deliver. Deal with it. You are the same poster calling Yorubas Afonja in other post and castigating the SW as "backward" in demonstration of how you are nothing but an ethic jingoist only to then pretend otherwise.

You of all people now want to sit in judgement of Fashola? Best believe the Yorubas are on to your kind and it is your duplicitous ilk shaping our new modus operandi.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by bantudra: 7:24am On Nov 21, 2018
Ttipsy:
. Nigeria should've grown beyond tribalism..

you people need to stop this ipob way of seeing things....

its not helpin anything....you wan divide nigeria....??...then go challendge the army that swore to keep nigeria toghether no matter what....
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by Ttipsy(f): 7:25am On Nov 21, 2018
sapoyoro:

yes, Lagos-ibadan is the only thing in SW..I'm from osun state,pls tell me the reason I should cast my vote for buhari?
Oga is not even about Los - Ibdon Projects. Buhari administration is the worst. there's hunger everywhere.. esp in your SW, NE

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by Ttipsy(f): 7:28am On Nov 21, 2018
bantudra:

you people need to stop this ipob way of seeing things....

its not helpin anything....you wan divide nigeria....??...then go challendge the army that swore to keep nigeria toghether no matter what....
pple should be guided and mind their speech. Nigeria is heterogeneous not homogeneous. Mr fashola as a minister is not supposed to mkk such comments. why won't Ipob reason a such?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by globemoney: 7:34am On Nov 21, 2018
imam07:
i know u are ipob. Dat is y i said u shld not invite curse on your head. Is becos of dis evil tot u ibos always have against d other tribe dat makes ibos not to reach d position of president till now.
And that is why Obasanjo who became president as a result of compensation to Yoruba over Abiola will be the last Yoruba President

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 21, 2018
Ttipsy:
pple should be guided and mind their speech. Nigeria is heterogeneous not homogeneous. Mr fashola as a minister is not supposed to mkk such comments. why won't Ipob reason a such?

Pple should mind their speech? So says Mr.Hypocrite whose previous speech here shows bigotry and ethnic jingoism. Like I said, the Yorubas are on to you and your kind hence Fashola's direct call.
No more politcal correctness from us while your kind continue to show hatred for us openly. Notice that Fashola is not spreading hate for others as Kanu, Obi and Namadi Sambo have done but merely saying SW folks should vote for Buhari to gain the chance to produce the next President. That is pragmatic strategizing in hateful and ,dog-eat-dog Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by jinxet2000: 7:35am On Nov 21, 2018
Anybody who thinks Osibanjo will be president someday may have got it wrong. By 2023, Nigeria must have advanced to younger generation in command and he will be too old for presidency.
In 2023, Nigeria must have advanced to result driven politics and his idea will be local.
By the way, his composure and mindset is way behind that which is expected of President. It could be another western president in 2023 but will not be Osibanjo.
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by Iamgrey5(m): 7:37am On Nov 21, 2018
sapoyoro:

You are Yoruba from osogbo yet, you spend most of your time defending Ibos on this forum grin

Not a single time have you defended your own tribe
Re: Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 21, 2018
baliyubla:
Someone should please wake this man up. Trust my sophisticated brothers/sisters from the West won't fall for this cheap crap.

who are your brothers from the south west, go back to your biafuro republic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Okowa Mourns Davido's Son, Ifeanyi Adeleke / Why I Visited Osinbajo – Namadi Sambo / Minimum Wage Strike: FG Reacts To The NLC 14-Day Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.