Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies (37556 Views)

Why Unmarried Ladies Must Have A Child Before 30 - Relationship Expert (pic/vid) / How Do Unmarried Ladies Of 30 Years+ Cope With Their Singleness? / Unmarried Ladies Plead With Borno Government To Help Them Find Husbands. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Toks2008(m): 6:53pm On Dec 16, 2018
funmisticqueen2:
awesome post

Thanks sis but I don't think lalasticlala thinks it is.
Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
Please stop telling women to leave their boyfriend of one year all cause he hasn't mentioned anything pertaining marriage, far as I'm concerned, marriage is not the ultimate, you don't expect a woman to end a full filled relationship all cause she wants to marry.

5 Likes

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by ednut1(m): 12:30am On Dec 17, 2018
Toks again
Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 17, 2018
One year is even too long, 3months should be enough to know when a guy is wasting your time.

Most importantly, do not perform wifely duties to a boyfriend and that includes premarital sex..

No one should quote me, I am hot tempered sad

18 Likes

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by lovethchioma(f): 12:36am On Dec 17, 2018
Finally, we are agreeing on something...

This is true and I completely agree with it.

If after a year, he isn't as much as discussing marriage with you; hmm, you know what to do.

Any guy who is going to marry you already knows that within a space of a year being with you or even less.

Please this is not for those who are out to have fun in a relationship or feel they have all the time in the world.. "Forever young" Lol ..

I'm talking about those who are seriously ready to settle down.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Osyxcel(m): 12:39am On Dec 17, 2018
kandi006:
One year is even too long, 3months should be enough to know when a guy is wasting your time.

Most importantly, do not perform wifely duties to a boyfriend and that includes premarital sex..

Why you dey hot? Kulu temper.
Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 17, 2018
Osyxcel:

Why you dey hot? Kulu temper.
grin
Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Nobody: 12:42am On Dec 17, 2018
No comment.
Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Osyxcel(m): 12:43am On Dec 17, 2018
The truth is that a relationship should be defined right from the onset.

If a lady is ready for marriage, her intention should be made known to the guy he wants to enter into a relationship with. Within 6 months, she'll know where the guy stands. It's then left to her to make her decision as to whether to wait or quit.

4 Likes

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by NoToPile: 12:44am On Dec 17, 2018
Lool, I cant believe I agree with toks2008

What works and will still be the best is the old school method, thats part of what toks is saying. Not a popular opinion and 90percent wont even agree with you

Someone will come and squeeze 3 years out of the life of a lady.

I even wonder if some people see dating as a hobby or something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Osyxcel(m): 12:45am On Dec 17, 2018
kandi006:

grin

See you, shining teeth in the middle of the night. Nocturnal somebody. tongue
Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Sultannayef: 12:46am On Dec 17, 2018
@OP.. You are absolutely right..

1 Like

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by ArmedRobber: 12:47am On Dec 17, 2018
from the reply of girls that kicked against this you can easily predict their age maybe 18 to 24 years of age. dating to them is like a fantasy. if you re a girl of 26/27 ready to settle down for marriage you wont waste a whole year with a guy who is not planning to settle down.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by GodblessNig247(m): 12:48am On Dec 17, 2018
Wuraola01:

I like you already smiley

This is a good one, BTW. Especially the first statement
As for d second one, guys can be so wicked.
Imagine dating a girl for 3-5years with no intention of marrying her! That's bad angry

That's wicked. The truth is a guy that is serious with a girl would talk abt marriage, she would meet up with the guys siblings and close friends, invite her for family occasions and make realistic plans of settling down with her. That's me!!! I love her. We have dated for 9months already

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Oldiesgoodies(f): 12:49am On Dec 17, 2018
jidobaba:
Toks2008 you are right. And please stop arguing with these children who cannot read and comprehend. Every answer is in your initial post and while I'm no prude, I repeat that you are very correct.

You!
Ps: one of your old nland gf
One of the fair one
Name starts with F tongue

1 Like

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 17, 2018
This advice should also be given to male folks otherwise, it will be unrealistic.

On the side of the male, you don't date till you are responsible enough to handle what comes after.

And to me, a year is even too long for a mature man/woman to know if who they are dating is their ideal choice. I also expect that they must have started out as friends before going exclusive. That's enough time to have established that familiarity.

Note: my points are not for kids who date without any meaningful purpose. Most just date out of peer pressure/ fun.

2 Likes

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by AyeMoJuba: 12:53am On Dec 17, 2018
izzou:
grin

I pity the single lady that will take your advice

She'll end up dating 7 guys in 7 years without anything to show for it.

Let people define their relationships. The important thing is to live happily ever after. That's what matters most

So she shouldn't care even as her honey pot is is undergoing serious dredging everyday till it becomes a borehole that the future husband won't find appealing enough to stick with?

2 Likes

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by ArmedRobber: 12:55am On Dec 17, 2018
NoToPile:
Lool, I cant believe I agree with toks2008

What works and will still be the best is the old school method, thats part of what toks is saying. Not a popular opinion and 90percent wont even agree with you

Someone will come and squeeze 3 years out of the life of a lady.

I even wonder if some people see dating as a hobby or something.
exactly most girls of under 25 yrs sees dating as fantasy while some girls above 26 see it as poverty alleviation scheme to meet up with their needs.
thats why majority of girls nowadays think dating is about identifying with a guy in order to belong to circle of relationship.
if girls start going into relationship with the mindset of getting married they wont mingle with time wasters

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by ArmedRobber: 12:58am On Dec 17, 2018
koyyes:
This advice should also be given to male folks otherwise, it will be unrealistic.

On the side of the male, you don't date till you are responsible enough to handle what comes after.

And to me, a year is even too long for a mature man/woman to know if who they are dating is their ideal choice. I also expect that they must have started out as friends before going exclusive. That's enough time to have established that familiarity.

Note: my points are not for kids who date without any meaningful purpose. Most just date out of peer pressure/ fun.
exactly most ladies date out of peer pressure / fun of belonging to relationship circle. a lady that is going into relationship with the mindset of getting married will never fall for time wasters

2 Likes

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 17, 2018
ArmedRobber:
exactly most ladies date out of peer pressure / fun of belonging to relationship circle. a lady that is going into relationship with the mindset of getting married will never fall for time wasters

Same with guys as well. Both sexes can be victims of peer pressure.
Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by HardMirror(m): 1:03am On Dec 17, 2018
Toks2008:

And after one year you gave him free access and you are now waiting and hoping it will end well.

Sis get this here and now..sex can not keep a man with you and a man who wants you will remain with you sex or no sex.
so it is denial of sex that keeps a man? Hahahahaha!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by GodblessNig247(m): 1:05am On Dec 17, 2018
kandi006:

Pls be realistic. Helping out with house chores in your Man's house once in a while does not make you less a woman! It does not put you in a position of desperation. It shows you care. My lady cleans my house sometimes does that stop me from getting married to her. My dear any man that wants to get married to a woman would do so if there is high level of compatibility!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by enesty77(m): 1:07am On Dec 17, 2018
Different strokes for different folks... Abeg u pipo should stop coming to teach grown up men/women how to live the lives. ki lo fo shi
Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 1:08am On Dec 17, 2018
Marriage matter everytime, person no go hear word.

Isn't there anything more productive to do in this big continent called Africa?

1 Like

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 17, 2018
Osyxcel:

See you, shining teeth in the middle of the night. Nocturnal somebody. tongue

Michael chabon wink
Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by ArmedRobber: 1:10am On Dec 17, 2018
koyyes:

Same with guys as well. Both sexes can be victims of peer pressure.
exactly but guys dont easily bend to peer pressure .
Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Osyxcel(m): 1:12am On Dec 17, 2018
kandi006:

Michael chabon wink

Cool. Read safe and protect your eyes. cool
Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by DaddyNimo(m): 1:12am On Dec 17, 2018
Toks2008:

Which water are you testing? This indomie generation wont kee me with laughter. Biko explain..

If a lady falls in love with a man and the guy is ready to start sleeping with you then he should as well be ready to marry you as long as he has a roof over his head and struggling and the girls parent should encourage both parties to do a wedding they are capable of and whenever the money comes they can do a bigger and more expensive wedding.

I know this advise will not make sense to some ladies who just want to fool themselves playing their lives away with randy guys in the name of dating. The advise will make sense to ladies who understands the idea of sexual decency,it will also make sense to some virgins but not to some group of ladies who are deep into sexual recklessness.

trust me sis,its easy to dump a guy who have not had s.x with you but will be extremely difficult to leave a guy who have had his way with you countless times so i understand you.
you don't have sense, they are telling you're arguing. advice your sis to be changing bf yearly cos they didn't marry her... mumu
Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Osyxcel(m): 1:12am On Dec 17, 2018
ArmedRobber:
exactly but guys dont easily bend to peer pressure .

You think so?
Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 17, 2018
GodblessNig247:

Pls be realistic. Helping out with house chores in your Man's house once in a while does not make you less a woman! It does not put you in a position of desperation. It shows you care. My lady cleans my house sometimes does that stop me from getting married to her. My dear any man that wants to get married to a woman would do so insofar there is high level of compatibility!!!

I don’t know how old you are but I have a question for you,

All the girls that has been cleaning your house since you started dating, how many of them are you married to presently

3 Likes

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by holysaint1(m): 1:14am On Dec 17, 2018
all i wanna say is.....

Eating suya with someone who paid for it is very stressful, u will be asking the holy spirit when next to pick another one

1 Like

Re: A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 17, 2018
Toks2008:

The more reason why the advise is bae.A guy who truly wants a lady will stay even beyond a year and will practically make efforts to have her for keeps.
Of course, he gets it from elsewhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies Do You Step In Or Let Him Handle It Himself? / Joro Olumofin: Why A Lot Of Ladies Didn't Get Married This Year / Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.