Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:03 PM

Message From An Angry American Soldier - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Message From An Angry American Soldier (6249 Views)

Holland Chukwudubem A Dead Soldier: Another Fallen Hero / An Angry Nigerian Nearly Killed Buhari Through A Photoshop (PICTURE) / Message From APC To Their Supporters - Twitter Handle(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 22, 2007
Afam:

Davd Adenuga,

Face your studies lest you become a disaster. Half education is dangerous.

Yep, that was why you fled from your thread with ur tail between your legs as soon as your ignorance was exposed. Dont worry, you should be taking heed to ur own warning.  grin

and o, you forgot to include my middle name, my date of birth, social security number and checking account number too.  cheesy

I-man:

The very fact that soilders die in this war is irrelevant.This necro debate is pointless.If you want to engage in a necro debate,let me point out to you that the regime of Saddam Hussein caused the death of a 1 million Iraqis and 1 million Iranians.

dont forget to remind them that it took only 9 men a few minutes to kill more than 3000 Americans on sept 11.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Hugoboi(m): 7:08pm On May 22, 2007
@ Afam

U need to change.This ur habit of insulting anyone whose views oppose ur's is becoming very disgusting.We are carrying out an intellectual discourse here and if u have nuthin meaningful to contribute,I suggest u restrict urself to ur religion threads.At least thats where ur type belong
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Hugoboi(m): 7:10pm On May 22, 2007
don't forget to remind them that it took only 9 men a few minutes to kill more than 3000 Americans on sept 11.

I think that should be directed to Afam and his cohorts.Let me see him come up with his usual vain responses!1
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 7:10pm On May 22, 2007
davidylan:

you think the Kurds are ready to be a part of Iraq? What of the fractious relationship between the Sunnis and Shias fueled in part by the shia govt of Iran?

The Kurdish people don't want to be a part of Iraq but I think the Kurdish leaders know that a Kurdish state is not viable(it will be landlocked and sorrounded by enemies) so they can be kept in.The US should let the Shia led Govt know that without US military protection,there will be no Govt in Iraq.They should use their considerable influence to pressure them into reconciliation.

There is a limit to what the US can acheive and at some point it will have to pull out its troops and let the Iraqis take their destiny into their hands.I personally think that its the Sunnis that are the biggest obstacle but they are gradually realising that they cannot monopolise power anymore.It is time to bring them into the corridors of power
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 22, 2007
I-man:

The Kurdish people don't want to be a part of Iraq but I think the Kurdish leaders know that a Kurdish state is not viable(it will be landlocked and sorrounded by enemies) so they can be kept in.The US should let the Shia led Govt know that without US military protection,there will be no Govt in Iraq.They should use their considerable influence to pressure them into reconciliation.

There is a limit to what the US can acheive and at some point it will have to pull out its troops and let the Iraqis take their destiny into their hands.I personally think that its the Sunnis that are the biggest obstacle but they are gradually realising that they cannot monopolise power anymore.It is time to bring them into the corridors of power

You're right about the Kurds, but i think what they want is a loose confederacy that grants them their own autonomy as against a centralised government monopolised by the larger groups.
A huge issue will be Iran's influence as soon as the US pulls out. The sunnis wont want to give up power so easily.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Mamajama(m): 7:17pm On May 22, 2007
Hugoboi
no offense but its pointless trying to tell you the truth, you think Bush is one HERO?  will you feel the same way if you only have one son and he was killed in IRAQ?  why are we in IRAQ in the 1st place? OIL. there was no link between IRAQ and the people that perpetuate September 11 Mayhem.  so Boy we have fast internet access and CNN live.  the information is out there and why is BUSH in the lowest poll ?  there are vital issues going on in the US compare to what you read.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 7:24pm On May 22, 2007
Its ironical that a lot of people attack the US policy as based on an oil grab but the people whose violence is clearly motivated,albeit partly,by oil are the Sunnis.Almost all of Iraq's oil comes from the Shia and Kurdish areas.The Shias and Kurds want a Federal/confederate state where oil revenues stay with the region.The Sunnis oppose this as they will lose

During Saddam's era,most of the oil revenue was lavished in the Sunni areas.

Iran is going to step up their pressure on the US forces in Iraq especially in the light of the ongoing debate in Congress on the withdrawal of troops .I think the US should be ruthless with Iranian agents in Iraq.Up till recently, they have adopted a softly softly approach
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Hugoboi(m): 7:29pm On May 22, 2007
I dont see bush as a Hero .Matter of fact,I see him as a very inept president.But let us be logical.Rather have a war in Iraq and contain terrorism,than have Bush pull out of Iraq and have the whole Middle East swarmin with 'em beasts.The threat posed by Iran by its nuclear programme is being contained cus of the push by Bush.Take him out of the Middle East equation and I assure u,the world wil go up in one huge nuclear conflagration!
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 7:33pm On May 22, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Hugoboi
no offense but its pointless trying to tell you the truth, you think Bush is one HERO?  will you feel the same way if you only have one son and he was killed in IRAQ?  why are we in IRAQ in the 1st place? OIL. there was no link between IRAQ and the people that perpetuate September 11 Mayhem.  so Boy we have fast internet access and CNN live.  the information is out there and why is BUSH in the lowest poll ?  there are vital issues going on in the US compare to what you read.

President  Bush  never linked Iraq with the execution of 9/11.Bush actually came out before the war,I believe in November 2002 and categorically stated that there was no evidence linking Iraq with 9/11

If you have a good memory,you will remember that the Clinton Adminstration called the Iraq the "leading state sponsor of terror".Remember the US bombing of  a factory in Sudan,Sandy Berger(Clinton's National Security Adviser) stated that the factory was a chemical weapons factory for Al-Qaeda,Iraq and Sudan.

If Iraq was a leading "state sponsor of terror",the US war on terror meant it was going to be attacked.Zarqawi came to Iraq in after the US attack on Afghanistan to receive medical treatment for his wounds and set up base there.In Northern Iraq,Ansar al Islam operated with impunity controlling a piece of territory   unchallenged

Iraq was in breach of innumerable Sec Resolutions including its cease-fire agreement.

I think removing a regime that caused 2 million deaths in Iraq and Iran was a good thing
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by fromuk(m): 8:15pm On May 22, 2007
I-man

If the reason for going to war in Iraq was a good one, Tony Blair will still be in Office come next july, Conservative shouldn't have taken the lead in the poll here in UK despite the good work of labour Govt, democrat shouldn't have won the last election in US. Let us be see the fact and say it. If actually 9/11 was carried out by osama and coy,(http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel.cfm?ChannelID=89) have u ever asked yourself who is Osama and how come he has such infulence in the middle east, who trained him and financed his devilish empire before 9/11. Oviously US want to recolonise the whole world including UK in the name of making the world a free place to live. Is that achivable with WAR? i think not.
Before march 2003 TB told his fellow politicians at Westminster that Saddam could strike with 45 minutes, when Britons fund out that he lied to convince them to support the war, all of a sudden David Shipman died.
Till date WMD is yet to be found, Then Saddam has no link with Osama(From US Inteligent). What other reason can they use to justify the killing going on in Iraq, Ok let us the killing of the Kurds by That tyrant(SADDAM), did he kill the kurds in 2003? why didn't they seek regime change when the kurds were killed?.
US cannot pull out from Iraq now cos the mess is too much for them to leave and run and it will definitely hunt them in the home soil and it seems they will not win. Its only time will tell.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Mamajama(m): 8:57pm On May 22, 2007
I-man

Did you see the state of the Union address by BUSH, and his speech to the UN when Colling Powell state IRAQ has MOBILE Weapons of mass distruction vans? pictures where displayed to deceived us all to support this ill war. 4 years later we still can't find a solution instead what we have is violence
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 2:10pm On May 23, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

I-man

Did you see the state of the Union address by BUSH, and his speech to the UN when Colling Powell state IRAQ has MOBILE Weapons of mass distruction vans? pictures where displayed to deceived us all to support this ill war. 4 years later we still can't find a solution instead what we have is violence

I did watch the State of The Union speech and saw some of Colin Powell's address at the UN.The claims proved to be wrong but it is important to note that the claims that Iraq had WMDs was shared not just by the US but also by France,Russia and many others.Indeed,the text of UNSCR 1441,agreed unanimously by the  15 members,noted this very point.

My support for the invasion stems from the nature of Saddam's regime. We had an evil regime that caused the deaths of 2 million people and was described by the Clinton adminstration as a "leading state sponsor of terror".I think the people of Iraq are happy to see him go.

The post invasion phase may have been better handled.Mistakes have been made but I think that now is not the time to insist that US troops must leave unless you are fully confident that violence in Iraq will subside

Most of the violence in Iraq is of a sectarian nature .People have this fatuous  perception that the violence in Iraq is simply between the US troops and "Iraqi Resistance Fighters".That is arrant nonsense.While the media does focus on US military engagements in Iraq,most of the violence is between the various sectarian groups.How that will subside by the US leaving beats my imagination
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Mamajama(m): 3:25pm On May 23, 2007
Us continue occupation in IRAQ is not frutile so why not get out and let this people handle their business. They see US a a threat to their democracy. it's like USA is trying to tell this people how to rule and live their life's. We imposed a leader on them, it's time to reposition ourselves and let IRAQ make their own mistakes and govern themselfs. Other countries were persuaded and influenced by USA to join in the coalition Army.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 7:19pm On May 23, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Us continue occupation in IRAQ is not frutile so why not get out and let this people handle their business
Technically,its not an occupation because their stay has received the full backing of the UN

MAMAJAMA:

They see US a a threat to their democracy. it's like USA is trying to tell this people how to rule and live their life's.

A threat to their democracy?Before the Americans came,they had Saddam "mass murderer" Hussein.Now they get to elect their leaders

MAMAJAMA:

We imposed a leader on them, it's time to reposition ourselves and let IRAQ make their own mistakes and govern themselfs.
The Americans wanted Iyad Allawi's party in power,the Iraqis elected the governing Shia Coalition.That is not imposition of leaders by my reckoning

MAMAJAMA:

Other countries were persuaded and influenced by USA to join in the coalition Army.

Sure,they don't have minds of their own.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by fromuk(m): 11:01pm On May 23, 2007
What is UN and who control them,
Technically,its not an occupation because their stay has received the full backing of the UN Now they will obey UN but UN was not in support of the war.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 11:18pm On May 23, 2007
fromuk:

What is UN and who control them,
Now they will obey UN but UN was not in support of the war.

This is just cognitive dissonance.If the UN is "controlled" as you imply how did you arrive at the latter conclusion when the issue was never put to vote?
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by fromuk(m): 11:27pm On May 23, 2007
when UN vote to sanction Iran, Iran was sactioned cos US and UK voted in favour of that but when UN voted against the war US and UK disregarded the vote and went ahead with the war they planned before 9/11.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Afam(m): 10:16am On May 25, 2007
@ Afam

U need to change.This your habit of insulting anyone whose views oppose your's is becoming very disgusting.We are carrying out an intellectual discourse here and if u have nuthin meaningful to contribute,I suggest u restrict yourself to your religion threads.At least thats where your type belong

@Hoguboi,

The good thing about a public forum is that it allows one to display his/her stupidity to the fullest.

You boldly stated that the number of US soldiers that have died in Iraq is less than 2000 when infact it is closer to 4000. It was pointed out that you had no clue of what you were talking about and rightly so. So, what is left to discuss with you? And you are talking about intellectual discussions when you manufature a lie that is so glaring.

Again, you expose your ignorance when you state that I restrict myself to religion threads because as a matter of fact I don't do near religion section for any reasons whatsoever. This thread is politics based and anything I reply to or even post has to do with politics.

I leave religous bigots like you and your likes to expend your energies on the religion section. Another lie exposed. 2 posts, 2 lies. What more do you have to offer?

@David,

I don't need to put down information that is useless to me on the forum so stop imagining things.

What thread are you refering to? The problem with people like you is that if you have not turned a thread into a referendum on Afam you never see anything to write.

An Israeli wrote an article, I came across the article and reproduced the article on a public discussion forum and your response is that Afam supports this, Afam supports that, what manner of thinking is that?

If you have issues with the Israeli's postion make it known, if not read and maybe learn a thing or two.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Mariory(m): 11:18am On May 25, 2007
Afam:

An Israeli wrote an article, I came across the article and reproduced the article on a public discussion forum and your response is that Afam supports this, Afam supports that, what manner of thinking is that?

You and I both know what you wrote there is hogwash. Your position on Israel has clearly been stated not once or twice but, several times. This is not some kind of attack on you personally because frankly I have better things to do.

However, of all the posts in this thread, you were the only one that somehow dragged Israel into it.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by yemstar(f): 1:34pm On May 25, 2007
Bush should have never started this war in the first place, I can not for the life of me understand why people where supporting him in the first place. The man had an agenda and now thousands of lives are paying for it both American and Iraqi alike.

Those of you supporting the war all the way from nigeria how would you like it if one day Bush decides to declare war on Nigeria, you think IMPOSSIBLE but he just did it to Iraq and he is getting away with it. After doing away with Sadaam does he really think that he can make Iraq a democratic nation i seriously doubt it.

More Americans are now against the war only because their own people are dying, but Bush knows that he can't pull out now because what will it tell the whole world that he is the biggest terrorist that ever lived he single handedly gave orders to destroy a whole nation. NO NO he wants to stay and try to rectify some of his actions, but CAN he really?
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Mamajama(m): 2:06pm On May 25, 2007
In my opinion, Bush has killed more American in this war than the terrorist did. Why are the useless democrates not sticking together to impeach this Texas cowboy? Rosie said over 600,000 Iraq's are dead from this unjust war, when will the killing stop? people are dying in Sudan but nobody cares because there is no oil in SUDAN
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Mariory(m): 3:33pm On May 25, 2007
Actually there is oil in Sudan. And it's reserves are growing steadily each year with vast Chinese investments. This is why the Chinese are determined to protect the regime from UN action with their veto power.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by mrmetoo(m): 3:38pm On May 25, 2007
One of the key points from that lady's statement is that Iraq is worse off now than it was under Sadaam and that to me has no justification. Children can't go out to play anymore, you can't go out to the marketplace without being scared for your life, thats a horrible environment to live in.

Lets stop all these stuff about the war in Iraq being used to curb terrorism. Its a fact that the war has made Iraq a terrorist breeding ground. I'm not saying there were no terrorists there before but their activities were contained now its free for all.

We keep talking about US and coalition casualties, do we ever consider the Iraqis? Those figures would never be released because it would reveal Bush to be a mass murderer even worse than Sadaam.

The purpose of the war has changed so much like the weather but one of them was to liberate the people. People are living in fear more than ever before those that can flee are doing so in huge numbers. Iraqis themselves are already losing hope that there would be any end to the conflict.

Bush should be hung, he made a mistake that has destroyed millions of lives and ultimately a nation. Lets pray nothing like this happens in our own country. If I had to choose between Abacha ruling us for the rest of his evil days and the situation in Iraq right now, I would go for Abacha anyday.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Mariory(m): 4:45pm On May 25, 2007
There is one thing I want to point out. It is that most of the unrest you see on TV is concentrated in one part of the country. The so called Sunni triangle. There are vast areas of Iraq that are largely peaceful where that kind of violence doesn't take place.

mr me too:

We keep talking about US and coalition casualties, do we ever consider the Iraqis? Those figures would never be released because it would reveal Bush to be a mass murderer even worse than Sadaam.

Your question is excellent. However, pray tell, who is killing the Iraqis with bombs. Your statement there is typical. The terrorist intentionally target their own people to produce the highest number of casualties possible and you're blaming Bush? Please explain.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by mrmetoo(m): 4:56pm On May 25, 2007
My point, in any case, is that Bush invaded Iraq without any just cause and he's the root of all the killings. I would never support the terrorists but Bush rushed into an unplanned war and the result has been catastrophic. Without the invasion in the first place there won't be all these senseless deaths. He has made an irreparable and unforgivable mistake which millions of people have and are still going to pay for.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Afam(m): 6:07pm On May 25, 2007
Mariory:

You and I both know what you wrote there is hogwash. Your position on Israel has clearly been stated not once or twice but, several times. This is not some kind of attack on you personally because frankly I have better things to do.

However, of all the posts in this thread, you were the only one that somehow dragged Israel into it.

Point of correction, count me out of your warped sense of reasoning. You first statement is based on your imagination.

My position on Israel is crystal clear.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 6:30pm On May 25, 2007
mr me too:

My point, in any case, is that Bush invaded Iraq without any just cause and he's the root of all the killings. I would never support the terrorists but Bush rushed into an unplanned war and the result has been catastrophic. Without the invasion in the first place there won't be all these senseless deaths. He has made an irreparable and unforgivable mistake which millions of people have and are still going to pay for.

An Iraqi is more likely to die at the hands of a fellow Iraqi or a fellow Arab than an American.The fact that the removal of a murderous dictator has been followed by internecine violence,does not in itself vitiate the rationale for regime change.

If the contrary was the case,the violence witnessed under Black rule in Zimbabwe must then justify the old white regime,doesn't it? Almost every dethronment of a long lasting brutal regime is followed by chronic violence-Mobutu,Idi Amin,Doe,Siad Barre,Mengistu Haile Mariam-does that mean then mean that in each case,such regimes should be left in power?

Who is to blame in each case for the violence that often accompanys the removal of a brutal dictatorship?The "removers" or the warring parties.Is Nyerere at fault for the violence that followed the removal of Idi Amin's regime?

Most of the violence in Iraq is conducted by Iraqis against each other.Iraqis are fully grown adults who are responsible for their actions.When the Americans removed Saddam,they could have either gone the path of US occupied Japan or the path they chose.They chose the latter and must bear the responsibility for that
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by ijogbon(m): 7:12pm On May 25, 2007
@All those saying that an Iraqi is more likely to die at the hands of another Iraqi than at the hands of an American and similar things.

Pray tell, If America did not go into Iraq dropping cluster bombs and bunker busting bombs and using ILLEGAL phosphorus bombs on innocent citizens will these insurgents be bombing all over? Will there have been a Sunni Shite war brewing? Will all the terrorists in the world 'face' Iraq when they pray?

The simple answer here is NO.

A better man than me said "there is no bad PEACE and no good WAR"

America should have stayed at home. Or better still that stupid IDIOT called Saddam should have waited for Goerge to hand out all his juicy military contracts to his homeboyz and mobilize his army into the gulf then that IDIOT should have resigned and installed a paliament of all his stooges. That way he would have hurt Bushes image more than it could have been salvaged destroying the fragile balance that the American economy was perching on and exposing the President for what he was - A FRAUD. The 911 event and his NOT BEING ABLE TO CATCH OSAMA would have been the highlights of his very short tenure I would have imagined and not this cri du coeur that the Iraq war has turned to.
It was all that IDIOTS fault. I don't see why people don't see a 'play' like i do. Fool will still have been alive now too.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by fromuk(m): 7:45pm On May 25, 2007
Terrorism is defined by the west, so who ever that is not in suport of the west is a TERRORIST. Irish Republican Army bombed many cities here in UK but British forces never invaded Dublin or Belfast to To kill Gerry Adam and his army, why they are regarded as west so their life cannot be wested anyhow. The truth of the whole matter is the so called WEST don't like the East or the 3rd world countries. Churchill once said it, I am strongly in favour of using poison gas against uncivilised tribes churchill. This happened in feb 1920 to the Kurds. Now Blair want to protect them.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by TayoD(m): 8:44pm On May 25, 2007
@mr me too,

Without the invasion in the first place there won't be all these senseless deaths.

I guess it was Bush's invasion that led to the thousands that died on 911. Bush's invasion is also the cause of the Iran/Iraq war where millions were killed! We see the Shites and Sunnis killing themselves because of religious differences yet we claim it is Bush's fault. How many Nigerians turned on themselves when we were colonised by the British? People will rather not speak the truth but hang on to their prejudices.

Assuming Bush effects a military action to remove the regime in Sudan, and the Sudanese will rather kill themselves afterward rather than move forward, who will you blame again - Bush? The future of the Iraqis is in their hands and they either unite or destroy each other.  The choice is theirs.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Tornadoz(m): 9:31pm On May 25, 2007
I guess it was Bush's invasion that led to the thousands that died on 911.
How many Iraqis were involved in the 9/11 attacks?
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Mamajama(m): 9:38pm On May 25, 2007
NEW YORK (AP) -- Rosie O'Donnell has fought her last fight at "The View."

SHe is getting the boot for talking against this useless war, this is part of the politics they play in America

ABC said Friday she won't be back on the show following her angry confrontation with co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck on Wednesday.

O'Donnell asked for, and received, an early exit from her contract. She was due to leave "The View" in mid-June.

"Rosie contributed to one of our most exciting and successful years at 'The View,' " show creator Barbara Walters said. "I am most appreciative. Our close and affectionate relationship will not change."

In a statement, O'Donnell said she was grateful. "It's been an amazing year and I love all three women."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Prophecy 2011 : Sectional Rebellion Army from The Nigeria Army / PDP LIES BUSTED!!!!! See evidence of fake pictures they uploaded / A Look At Venezuela And Why Our Government Deserves Commendation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.