Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead (25673 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened? / Mend Strikes As Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2010
stillwater:

I can never support this kind of thing where innocent people are bombed. We know the people that brought Nigeria to where it is today, why don't you target them? Abi fear they catch you reach their side?

If your family were among the casualties I don't think you'll be rationalizing what these people have done.
GBAM!!!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2010
truly:

Wars, terrorism never turn out in real life as envisaged on strategy paper
Where is IRA? many innocent lives lost, armed struggle abandoned, objectives unrealized
Where are the Tamil Tigers? many innocent lives lost, the Tigers annihilated, objectives unrealized, situation worse than at beginning
Where is ETA? many innocent lives lost, armed struggle abandoned, call for discussion being spurned, objectives unrealized

All of those groups do not control their nations resources. Nigeria will be playing a dangerous game by looking at those areas for experience.
It is better to look at MENDs demand for true federalism. In fact, you and I will be better off for it.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by jayprof: 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2010
jabbok:

We get our own issues sure. But it is always good to take a broader view. I said they are suspects remember

Very true, "An enemy of my enemy is my friend" someone i need to keep on ice just in case,
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I'd have supported them if they had targeted the foolish politicians.

But innocent civilians? NO!!!! NO!!!

And you are right. If it was politicians that perished, I still think people would be singing the same tune though. . .  undecided
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 5:56pm On Oct 01, 2010
oyb wants all ND people to be sent to the gas chamber.

oyb: disgusting and ridiculous melodrama. i always knew beaf had some sort of romantic persecution complex. [size=21pt]i can see all those nders being rounded up in cattle cars and sent to the gas chamber [/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-464527.32.html#msg6238782
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Kay17: 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2010
Its bad for the whole country.

it could mean a war, consequently conscription. Maybe divert all NYSC to the military. undecided
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by abbey621(m): 5:59pm On Oct 01, 2010
@MaziUche0 and playmode -  You both have the guts to support what these cowards called M.E.N.D did, how would both of you feel if your family members like your sister or father or mother was part of those killed today, I'm sure you would be filled with so much bitterness and sorrow. Agree nigeria needs a revolution, no doubt but it must be done in a calculative way. Don't go bombing innocent people, get educated, hire professionals, ASO ROCK isn't that secured, for goodness sake strike where it matters, when osama struck he made sure he shook the united states where it would hurt the most, their financial background. Another important point to take note is that these so called militants were offered amnesty and they took it, for me  that's a sign of cowardliness, true patroits never compromise their integrity, I'm starting to suspect it's all a political sham!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Donmeca(m): 5:59pm On Oct 01, 2010
I've taken my time to read the posts in this thread. There are good, arguments for and against the bombing. There are also some utter rubbish posts. No matter how anyone tries to justify this action, I will forever condemn the bombing. Even if there were no casualties or injuries, this was a stupid act.

Who are they working for now?
What was there motive?
Was their goal achieved?
How do we atone for the dead?
are they getting an extra attention?

I think I see the hand of our local politicians in this, I see 2011 in these attacks.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
truly:

Where is the guarantee that there would not be outside interference in Nigerian affair
At least with a global recession, the arms industry in America needs a growth opportunity in Nigeria
Spot on!, once a state degenerates into war, it turns to a carcas for all the vultures [arms dealers] to feast on. The west is evil and they play on both sides. We need to wise up brothers
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by HamidO1(m): 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Did you see my post to Beaf? I realized that we are all fighting the same injustices. Igbos, Ijaws, Ogoni, Ikwerre, Ibibios are all suffering. The East is bleeding and it needs to stop.

And do you think what the soldiers will do is right? They will never gain the love of the Niger Delta. It will all come full circle.

u r a self centered person, u think d injustice in this country affects ND alone, wat about millions of youth from other regions dat are jobless, wat about d old pipo that have no form of social welfare watsoever. We have 2 fight 4 Nigeria as a country cos d injustice affects everybody, stop trying 2 form ur own team of freedom fighters on NL
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by truly: 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2010
Beaf:

All of those groups do not control their nations resources. Nigeria will be playing a dangerous game by looking at those areas for experience.
It is better to look at MENDs demand for true federalism. In fact, you and I will be better off for it.
Tell me where people in charge of resouces have also achieved their objectives by killing innocent people
BTW I have no issues with true federalism, resource control
I just detest killing of innocent people
The Nigerian state and its leadership will not act if the poor are killed (maybe they think there are too many poor people anyway)
Afterall they shoot protesters
They will get serious only if their interests are threatened
If the person speaking of a revolution means a true revolution (not civil war) - but the poor, down trodden rising against the oppressors
That is a different issue
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by jayprof: 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2010
abbey621:

@MaziUche0 and playmode -  You both have the guts to support what these cowards called M.E.N.D did, how would both of you feel if your family members like your sister or father or mother was part of those killed today, I'm sure you would be filled with so much bitterness and sorrow. Agree nigeria needs a revolution, no doubt but it must be done in a calculative way. Don't go bombing innocent people, get educated, hire professionals, ASO ROCK isn't that secured, for goodness sake strike where it matters, when osama struck he made sure he shook the united states where it would hurt the most, their financial background. Another important point to take note is that these so called militants were offered amnesty and they took it, for me  that's a sign of cowardliness, true patroits never compromise their integrity, I'm starting to suspect it's all a political sham!

I have friends and families of friends that died on that day. Bad example. Anyhoo, the point is lives were lost on both occasions,
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 6:04pm On Oct 01, 2010
abbey621:

@MaziUche0 and playmode -  You both have the guts to support what these cowards called M.E.N.D did, how would both of you feel if your family members like your sister or father or mother was part of those killed today, I'm sure you would be filled with so much bitterness and sorrow.

Wait a second! I never said I supported this action.

How many times do I have to say this? Can people comprehend. Innocent lives were lost while the real thieves are walking around.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
Hamid O:

u r a self centered person, u think d injustice in this country affects ND alone, wat about millions of youth from other regions dat are jobless, wat about d old pipo that have no form of social welfare watsoever. We have 2 fight 4 Nigeria as a country cos d injustice affects everybody, stop trying 2 form your own team of freedom fighters on NL

Sorry I cannot do that. Charity starts at home. Why should I worry about other people who do not give a dammn about my people? What kind of sense does that make?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by monopolist: 6:07pm On Oct 01, 2010
The bombing devils will be caught and brought to book this month October in Jesus Christ name.Amen
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sley4life(m): 6:08pm On Oct 01, 2010
I'll link the bomb blast to Islamic Terrorist. Its a ploy by Mr Maradona to destabilize GEJ Presidential Ambition
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2010
truly:

Tell me where people in charge of resouces have also achieved their objectives by killing innocent people
BTW I have no issues with true federalism, resource control
I just detest killing of innocent people
The Nigerian state and its leadership will not act if the poor are killed (maybe they think there are too many poor people anyway)
Afterall they shoot protesters
They will get serious only if their interests are threatened
If the person speaking of a revolution means a true revolution (not civil war) - but the poor, down trodden rising against the oppressors
That is a different issue

The tactic used by MEND today backfired, even though they sent out a warning that the place would be evacuated. However, MENDs call for true federalism is a just call. They feel that their land is the most neglected, because the govt that drills the oil is too far away in Abuja to care. Some points;

[list]
[li]The ND is the most polluted oil producing area in the World.[/li]
[li]The Niger Delta is the Worlds most polluted wetlands.[/li]
[li]It is one of the 5 most polluted areas in the World (including nuclear power station sites and dumps).[/li]
[/list]

When the above and the repeated massacres of peaceful protesters is considered, it is easy to see that every blessed day, Nigeria feeds on real blood from the Niger Delta. Something urgent needs to be done about it.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Kobojunkie: 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2010
sley4life:

I'll link the bomb blast to Islamic Terrorist. Its a ploy by Mr Maradona to destabilize GEJ Presidential Ambition

Yet MEND is supposed to have claimed responsibility for this? Come on now!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Ibime(m): 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2010
MEND will lose all support base they had in Niger Delta before this. Just spoke to a couple of conc MEND sympathisers and they're spitting feathers over this.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Donmeca(m): 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2010
sley4life:

Did I not say dat I see 2011 in these blasts, I think people shud start opening their brain box wide and forget what a hacker sent with MEND e-mail add. This is politics!!!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 6:13pm On Oct 01, 2010
Ibime:

MEND will lose all support base they had in Niger Delta before this. Just spoke to a couple of conc MEND sympathisers and they're spitting feathers over this.

And they will gain it back after the FG response. They will send the JTF in to kill thousands of Niger Deltans. Sad but true.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by truly: 6:15pm On Oct 01, 2010
sley4life:

Just like the police are holding the former deputy governor of Abia state over the kidnapping of school children
Please let us focus and put blames where they are due
You can ventilate your opposition to maradona using established facts
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 01, 2010
sley4life:

He cannot stoop so low this time, with all the bashing he is receiving for his past atrocities. This is Mend in action as they have accepted, but the missing link is the international collabos. Nigerian police is supposed to find out what kind of bomb they used and the likely source
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sbeezy8: 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2010
Ibime:

MaziUche0:

And they will gain it back after the FG response. They will send the JTF in to kill thousands of Niger Deltans. Sad but true.

Uche guy is a sick fellow - i think hes like 12 he has to be.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by truly: 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2010
Donmeca:

Did I not say dat I see 2011 in these blasts,  I think people shud start opening their brain box wide and forget what a hacker sent with MEND e-mail add. This is politics!!!
And MEND is unable to denounce the attack and report that its email has been hacked
Please now, be charitable enough to assume that God did not award us an IQ of zero
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
sbeezy8:

Uche guy is a sick fellow - i think hes like 12 he has to be.

How was what I said sick? Nigerian military is very predictable. Even you said it. Shall I quote you?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2010
sbeezy8:

you GOT IT WRONG- you should know that Nigerian Army men are trigger happy and ready to jump at anything to  shoot and kill. Them getting rid of MEND is nothing and unrealsitic they know that BUT them being able to wipe out NDeltans and despoil women in process while being paid excites them enough to go and do it.- THATS LIKE THEM HAVING FUN.

Average Mind frame of a Nigerian soldier " well we cant find MEND lets shoot innocent young men atleast out of the 20,000 killed 10,000 will be militants or have family members who are militants.

Is this not what you said? So who is the sick one IDIOT?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bawomolo(m): 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Sorry I cannot do that. Charity starts at home. Why should I worry about other people who do not give a dammn about my people? What kind of sense does that make?

your bipolar condition plus persecution complex is getting the best of you.

why does it have to be me vs them with you?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by truly: 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

How was what I said sick? Nigerian military is very predictable. Even you said it. Shall I quote you?
JTF is now headed by a southerner
The army is headed by a southerner
The C-in-C is a southerner
Election is around the corner
These are issues that would be weighed before people starting invading territories
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2010
Really brother, understanding the need for revolution and a country's history and geo-location is necessary here.

- China have undergone several stages of revolution/rebellion since the early 1900's (1911/1949 are only a couple of the major ones)
- India also underwent its own stages of revolution

--Also, there are rebel groups in China and India that still fight the government
---As far as geo-location goes, look at Saudi Arabia, one of the reasons most citizens choose not to revolt against The Kingdom's structure and manner of government is based on neighboring countries waiting on their downfall/weakness,

What happened in Nigeria today is sad but many will see it as a necessary evil.

i said INTERNAL revolution.

yes, the internal reference was necessary because i knew somebody would quickly start attacking their keyboard with blah blah blah about preindependence revolutions in both countries.

without stopping first to consider the fact that almost EVERY country at some point in time has gotten independence from one foreign overlord or the other.

so stop for a couple of minutes and see if you can get my point before rushing to reply.

i repeat- india and china turned their situation around through their intelligence.

i do not have time to go into saudi arabia with you.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Mariory(m): 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2010
The stupidity of some Nigerians on display in this thread.

Sierra Leone also started as a "revolution" It's a strong country now right?
Liberia also started as a revolution. It's a strong country now right?

Suffice to say that any so called "revolution" in Nigeria will be 10 times worse than what happened in those countries. This is West Africa. The resulting mess will be worse than Somalia.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

The new head of JTF is a Niger Deltan (Maj. Gen. Omoregie - Edo state), so we can be rest assured that reckless murder and criminal ra'pe of the young and old won't be happening this time. Thank God the Odi, Gbaramatu and other similar massacres are not about to happen.

Innocent souls always pay in any struggle, but MEND would need to think up new ways of doing things, killing those that share the suffering (whether by accident or not), is not going to buy many friends; no matter how just MEND's struggle is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply)

Assassination Attempt: FG Charges Melaye For False Information / Obasanjo’s Presence At Wike-obi’s London Talks Rattles Tinubu’s Camp / NURTW President, Baruwa, Others Detained Over Alleged Culpable Homicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.