Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Why Is America So Blessed? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is America So Blessed? (23069 Views)

GEJ Wasn't Cursed But Blessed By Yoruba Obas (Photo) / Why Is Nigeria So Blessed With Poverty? / Why Is Nigeria So, So Blessed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by kabukabu50(m): 12:48am On Oct 14, 2010
The US is great because this doesnt happen everday in the US.

Saudi girl being stoned for being a Christian,this is where nigeria is headed

Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by kabukabu50(m): 12:51am On Oct 14, 2010
In reply to the poster who commented that americans work hard,true, would you rather have a job and work hard, or sit around in Nigeria lazing about like a tout with no meaningful job??

Strikes everyday in Nigeria, Universities on strike, doesnt happen here.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 1:12am On Oct 14, 2010
Would you rather take your kid to a school where there is every likelihood that his school mate or one loony will come in to shoot them to death? It doesnt happen in Nigeria!

Even in Hollywood, there are street urchins, under every bridge in America, there is an homeless man or woman sleeping right there. These lousy Nigerian Americans even talk ras more than expected. Look, it doesnt matter how many years you spend in America, you are still looked at as an African, and they look down on you as a black maggot who needs to wake up and go back to where he comes from.

Look here and see why America is heaven.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

A country where 15, 241 persons were killed in murder in a year (2009) is indeed heaven on earth.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by coldhearts(f): 1:17am On Oct 14, 2010
ok the post has digressed and getting a bit more weird cheesy.
Americans work hard shocked, which america are you in , oh maybe the person meant that the immigrants in america work hard to survive (i.e European immigrants, african and chinese immigrants)  smiley.
Yes Nigeria has strike but America has schools so why are they performing so terribly besides some Americans don't attend college nor are they interested in learning anything (this is not to say that college is the only path to success).  
There's no motivation for sucess unfortunately and when social security and those benefits get unplugged then they'd be in real trouble.
Also why is it that when they finally force themselves to attend college at an older age, they have many excuses for skipping classes or dragging their pants half down while coming to class or continuously arguing with the professor even when proven wrong. Anyway sha.
If Nigerians had that opportunity, you won't see people skipping classes lol because Nigerians are never lazy (hardworking).
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by SeanT21(f): 1:19am On Oct 14, 2010
the USA is the greatest nation on earth!
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by naijaking1: 1:21am On Oct 14, 2010
While you guys are still wondering what makes America great, what about openess, disclosure, and freedom of information.
We use secrecy for corruption, muddle scientific data, and outrightly set our clock of development backwards.

I can't find accurate information about how much my local government boss, governor or senators earn in Nigeria, because once in power they go to great lenght to hide these information. The money comes from oil in the first place, so there is little accountability at the top and bottom.
However, if these salaries were from local taxes, maybe the officers could have been more pressed to be open.

One direct result of this unfortunate situation is a country where people repeat same mistake every 4-5 years in a cycle.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by 5stars(m): 1:22am On Oct 14, 2010
@topic well have you ever heard the saying tell me your name and i would tell you who you are (i think it is something like that), im about introduce something very interesting on the topic, aight here goes in terms of numerology  everything makes perfect sense. lets break it down under chaldean numerology which is the oldest and most accurate known to man. (in numerology the numbers are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8and 9 and all numbers adds up to these numbers)some combined with others are lucky or perfect and some are not based on thier meanings .

1.the name united states of america adds up to 77 which is a very powerfull number (power and leadership usually associated with the combination of people and nations )and when you break it down it it equals 5 which is a blessed and lucky number in numerology.
2. when you calculate USA the shortened version of united states of america it =10 or 1 which is associated with leadership and rising to the top in all endervours.
3. they were born or  had their independence on july 4th 1776 or 07/04/1776 which when you add them up again equals 32 or 5(7+4+1+7+7+6) which by the way has the same meaning as their name explained above. someone born to be powerful,succesful with leadership qualities to lead people or nations or combination of both. 1 and 5 are very powerful numbers in numerology and in this case for the usa their birth and name are both very powerful and lucky numbers so therefore you can see y their are very powerful and dare i say it bless, and in this case they will continue to be so until thier empire is nomore cus everything dat has a begining also has an end so we will see.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 1:22am On Oct 14, 2010
In 2009

15,241 Murder

89,000 Rape

408,217 Robbery

806,843 Assault

2,196,971 Burglary

6,327,320 Theft

794,616 Vehicle

This is the best place next to heaven.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by EPOMA(m): 1:23am On Oct 14, 2010
@kabukabu50
 I think you so daft and brain washed,I thought you will post the picture KKK or the guy that caused the LA roit being beaten by the police and then all the police cleared.
 The Facebook guy that you posted , do you thing if he was not a jewish, he will get to where he is. Stop being blindfolded nigga. You sholud drop out of school as well and archive all that because USA is a level ground.
  USA is so great that fools like Bush roled you for 8 years . get a grip just survive in there.As I said before America is great but at the expense of others and people like you.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 1:25am On Oct 14, 2010
Nigerian Americans hahahaha - what a nomenclature.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by kabukabu50(m): 1:26am On Oct 14, 2010
LouisThoru:

Would you rather take your kid to a school where there is every likelihood that his school mate or one loony will come in to shoot them to death? It doesnt happen in Nigeria!

Even in Hollywood, there are street urchins, under every bridge in America, there is an homeless man or woman sleeping right there. These lousy Nigerian Americans even talk ras more than expected. Look, it doesnt matter how many years you spend in America, you are still looked at as an African, and they look down on you as a black maggot who needs to wake up and go back to where he comes from.

Yes,I would rather take my kids to american schools,where yes there are school shootings but if we want to comapre lets look at statistics, sir

The Myths of school violence in America.
The news media focused national attention on little-known places such as Pearl, Mississippi; Paducah, Kentucky; and Jonesboro, Arkansas where young boys opened fire on their classmates. In 1999, Columbine High School became the best-known high school in America when two boys went on a shooting rampage that killed twelve students and a teacher before they killed themselves. Live television coverage of the Columbine tragedy began while students were still hiding in the school and police were attempting to find the shooters. In the following weeks the American public was exposed to numerous images of bloody victims and interviews with traumatized, grief-stricken survivors.

There was a dramatic national response to the school shootings. Both the U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives held hearings on youth violence, the White House held a conference on school violence, and both the FBI and Secret Service conducted studies of school shootings (O’Toole, 2000; Vossekuil, Fein, Reddy, Borum, & Modzeleski, 2002). The U.S. Department of Education distributed “warning signs” guidebooks to schools giving advice on identifying potentially violent students (Dwyer, Osher, & Warger, 1998) and the U.S. Surgeon General (2001) released a major report on youth violence. Less obvious, but even more important, local school authorities across the country adopted new security measures, implemented tougher zero tolerance policies, and greatly expanded their use of school resource officers and school security officers.

Although the school shootings stimulated new attention to the problem of school safety and brought about many positive changes in relationships between schools and law enforcement agencies, public perceptions are easily skewed by media attention to a handful of extreme cases. The school shootings frightened the public and generated a widespread belief that there was an epidemic of violence in our schools. As the facts presented here demonstrate, this epidemic was a myth. School violence did not increase in the 1990’s, it declined.

Consequently, it is important to guard against fear-based perceptions of school violence. Policy decisions about school safety must be based on objective information. School administrators and policy-makers must maintain a rational and factual perspective on school safety. Here are five myths about youth violence and school safety that threaten to distort school safety policy and practices:

Myth 1. Juvenile violence is increasing.
Facts: According to FBI national arrest statistics, the arrest rate of juveniles for violent crime (murder, robbery, rape, and aggravated assault) peaked in 1994 and has declined each year since then (Snyder, 2004). This rate is lower now than in any year since at least 1980. The most dramatic decline in juvenile violence is seen for homicides, the category with the most complete and reliable data. As shown below, there were more than three times as many juveniles arrested for murder in 1993 than
2002. more likely to be run over by a bicyle,get cancer or heart disese than he or she is likely to be shot at an american institution.
School violence in the USA at this year is at less than 2%,you kid is more likely to die of cancer or heart attack than be shot at school in the USA.
CAN you say the same of cultism in Nigeria, get facts man before you argue
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by 5stars(m): 1:28am On Oct 14, 2010
oh and we can do the same thing for nigeria too and you mit be surprised y the country goes thru some of the things it actually go thru, here goes
1.nigeria=18 (i will give the meaning of 18 lata)  2. independence =10/01/1960 when you add them up =also 18(1+0+1+1+9+6+0) interesting right? the day nigeria was born is actually on the 1st or 1 which stands for leadership and power and therefore always wants to be the forst in everything especialyy across africa but the calculation  of all birth numbers and its name with  its meaning associated meaning messes and  gives it bad name, drum roll ok heres the meaning of18 (A symbol of materialism striving to destroy the spiritual side of the nature. It generally associates a person with bitter quarrels, even family ones, also with war, social upheavals, revolutions; and in some cases it indicates making money and position through wars or by wars. It is, however, a warning of treachery, deception by others, also danger from natural events such. as storms, danger from water, fires and explosions. All in all - not a lucky number. Caution and great care is recommended while using this number in relation to future events.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by kabukabu50(m): 1:29am On Oct 14, 2010
LouisThoru:

In 2009

15,241 Murder

89,000 despoil

408,217 Robbery

806,843 Assault

2,196,971 Burglary

6,327,320 Theft

794,616 Vehicle

lets look up the crime statistics for nigeria, hold up, bufoon
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by kabukabu50(m): 1:33am On Oct 14, 2010
LouisThoru:

In 2009

15,241 Murder

89,000 despoil

408,217 Robbery

806,843 Assault

2,196,971 Burglary

6,327,320 Theft

794,616 Vehicle

This is the best place next to heaven
LouisThoru link=topic=530188.msg6936169#msg6936169 date=1287015773:

In 2009

15,241 Murder

89,000 despoil

408,217 Robbery

806,843 Assault

2,196,971 Burglary

6,327,320 Theft

794,616 Vehicle

Nigeria crime statistics, this is for you, to read,

http://www.cleen.org/crime%20statistics%201994-2003_graphics.pdf
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by ShyOne(f): 1:33am On Oct 14, 2010
America is a great place to live

There is violence everywhere

Overall - if you avoid violence, it avoids you

Choose your friends wisely
Be properly informed before you choose your schools and your neighborhoods

If you have never been in America most people have many preconceptions about America THAT ARE FALSE AND OVEREXAGGERATED:

About African Americans
About Crime
About Welfare

I live in beautiful areas Always
If I have ever visited a bad, crime ridden area (I had friends that lived everywhere0)- I have never had a problem as I stay to myself

Americans know very little about other countries - THE MAJORITY OF US ARE IGNORANT

We fear other countries as much or more than foreigners fear us.  Most foreigners have a better knowledge about America than Americans have about other countries.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by EPOMA(m): 1:34am On Oct 14, 2010
@kabukabu50
you just so brain washed calling someone a bufoon.Check your head. Posting military pictures.and youthis the ceo of facebook if not being Jew could made it to where he is , then you do that as well as USA is so good
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by kabukabu50(m): 1:38am On Oct 14, 2010
coldhearts:

Americans work hard shocked, which america are you in , oh maybe the person meant that the immigrants in america work hard to survive (i.e European immigrants, african and chinese immigrants)  smiley.
Yes Nigeria has strike but America has schools so why are they performing so terribly besides some Americans don't attend college nor are they interested in learning anything (this is not to say that college is the only path to success). 
There's no motivation for sucess unfortunately and when social security and those benefits get unplugged then they'd be in real trouble.
Also why is it that when they finally force themselves to attend college at an older age, they have many excuses for skipping classes or dragging their pants half down while coming to class or continuously arguing with the professor even when proven wrong. Anyway sha.
If Nigerians had that opportunity, you won't see people skipping classes lol because Nigerians are never lazy (hardworking).

okay, I'll wait for you to post the average earnings of a nigerian compared to the average earnings of an american, I'll give you, five minutes, let me guess you are using an american made computer, riight, okpe
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 1:41am On Oct 14, 2010
KABUKABU

your parents are buffoons moda foker.

How dare you call me a bufoon. Go fok your moda and go to sleep, she is Hot for you, as usual.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by kabukabu50(m): 1:43am On Oct 14, 2010
LouisThoru:

KABUKABU

your parents are buffoons moda foker.

How dare you call me a bufoon. Go fok your moda and go to sleep, she is Hot for you, as usual.

Lol you need some dollars, broke butt like you.

Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 1:44am On Oct 14, 2010
Your moma's smelly pu ssy is opened wide waiting for you to dip. Thats what imbec iles like u do.

I bet you know the meaning of your name KABUKABU?
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 1:46am On Oct 14, 2010
Lol @ the ID kabukabu
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by biola44: 1:46am On Oct 14, 2010
"some" greed!
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by kabukabu50(m): 1:52am On Oct 14, 2010
LouisThoru:

Your moma's smelly pu ssy is opened wide waiting for you to dip. Thats what imbec iles like u do.

I bet you know the meaning of your name KABUKABU?

Grow up and be a man,

Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Princek12(m): 2:01am On Oct 14, 2010
The founding fathers were extremely smart people who left England to form a country they envisioned, a country that inherited the good qualities from England, and eviscerated the bad qualities. Hence, America was born. Before you can understand fully the reasons undergirding the greatness of America, you will have to study the U.S. constitution, which laid the foundations upon which the great America was built.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by kabukabu50(m): 2:04am On Oct 14, 2010
coldhearts:

Americans work hard shocked, which america are you in , oh maybe the person meant that the immigrants in america work hard to survive (i.e European immigrants, african and chinese immigrants)  smiley.

You cant dispute the facts.
Nigeria average per capita income;$1,700
USA average per capita income;$40,000

Facts dont lie.

Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by topup: 2:06am On Oct 14, 2010
I believe that this is so because of the way that the country was "founded", it is almost the same reason why Australia is a blessed country and similar to the UK (all of the people who happen to be descendants of the same English heritage).

The pioneers who arrived in America forcefully removed the land owners, and they reaped from the resources native to the land, such as gold (gold rush), cotton, other metals etc., they had the backing of their establish colony back in the UK and they took their faith which aided them when it came to doctrine and enforcing their rules and beliefs on others. They also took slaves from "negroland" - mostly West Africa, so they got a lot of 'things' for free, resources and work force, with the cliche cotton picking slaves and maids working for nothing in the house. The slaves were not allowed to resemble anything African, were not allowed to speak in their languages and were punished and often killed off, as for the native indians - many were killed off in order to secure land and pushed further south, much like the Africans, they could not predict the effect of colonisation.

Any country this day, if they can get work and resources for free will be making 100% profit from another country and of course will become successful, wealthy and powerful.

Apologies - I lack in references.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 2:13am On Oct 14, 2010
LOL @ the ID kabukabu. Very creative
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by ShyOne(f): 2:27am On Oct 14, 2010
I agree with topup
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 3:27am On Oct 14, 2010
America is blessed just as EVERY country in the world is. The reason for it's advertised success is from the sweat blood and tears of its people who come from all walks of life. Every nation, race, creed and sex contributes to the world in different ways which is why America being a melting pot has such success. This is evident in every continent where there is a country that has multiculturalism and "forced" tolerance. In Africa just like my beloved caribbean, we lack this due to the tribalistic and blatant disregard of human rights mentalities (Africa is much more evident of this). South eastern Asian nations, latin America, East Europe are no exceptions when it comes to their flaws affecting their success.

Western Europeans and their descendants here in America and Cananda have mastered the importance of synergy and the need to "look out for our own first" but in a smart way, sure there were Angle, Saxon, Celtic; etc. tensions and tribalistic killings but you found that their common trait was looking out for eachother when foreigners come to play. This set the foundation for other races whom they've manipulated to learn to survive in their society and live in that lifestyle which is why you see African Americans, Latinos, and asians thriving in these territories because in their ancestrial land they would have troubles with dictatorship and basic human rights violations -ofcourse America's formation was a bleak and bloody one nonetheless there have been drastic changes in less than 40 years (it could still use more but you get my point). Once the rest of the world realises this formula, America will lose it's grip and it's already begun.

But ofcourse what you see on television is not always true, believe you me, America is still not what it is cranked up to be!
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by MandingoII(m): 3:30am On Oct 14, 2010
yeah, I Hate the White people here,

But, I'm NOT moving to Africa, either.

So, We CHANGE what we can.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by kabukabu50(m): 3:43am On Oct 14, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

America is blessed just as EVERY country in the world is. The reason for it's advertised success is from the sweat blood and tears of its people who come from all walks of life. Every nation, race, creed and sex contributes to the world in different ways which is why America being a melting pot has such success. This is evident in every continent where there is a country that has multiculturalism and "forced" tolerance. In Africa just like my beloved caribbean, we lack this due to the tribalistic and blatant disregard of human rights mentalities (Africa is much more evident of this). South eastern Asian nations, latin America, East Europe are no exceptions when it comes to their flaws affecting their success.

Western Europeans and their descendants here in America and Cananda have mastered the importance of synergy and the need to "look out for our own first" but in a smart way, sure there were Angle, Saxon, Celtic; etc. tensions and tribalistic killings but you found that their common trait was looking out for eachother when foreigners come to play. This set the foundation for other races whom they've manipulated to learn to survive in their society and live in that lifestyle which is why you see African Americans, Latinos, and asians thriving in these territories because in their ancestrial land they would have troubles with dictatorship and basic human rights violations -ofcourse America's formation was a bleak and bloody one nonetheless there have been drastic changes in less than 40 years (it could still use more but you get my point). Once the rest of the world realises this formula, America will lose it's grip and it's already begun.

But ofcourse what you see on television is not always true, believe you me, America is still not what it is cranked up to be!

It may not be all its cranked up to be, but I'll rather take an average per capita income of $40,000 over the $1400 that you cameroonians make per year.I have two cars,have land in naija and ready to buy a house all before age 30, most of my mates are jobless or hustlin in naija
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by kabukabu50(m): 3:47am On Oct 14, 2010
Dont be a hater, you too could live the american dream

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

“jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” / Blast At Radio Station In Kogi Town Kills Many / National Assembly Leadership: APC Caucus Frets, Hopes To Stop Saraki, Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.