Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,152 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? (34185 Views)

Ladies Can You Date A Guy Shorter Than You / Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? / Can You Marry Lady That Is Far Shorter Than You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:08am On May 29, 2007
@dakmanzero
I understand that there is something called peer pressure but there is also something called principle. Peer pressure should not make one change his/her opinion on any issue. A person's personal philosophy/principle/world view or more appropriately referred to as Weltanschauung should guide the person and not peer pressure. People who lack a personal philosophy are not normal and should seek expert help.

How can a woman who changes her opinion solely based on peer pressure be normal?
Are women who refuse to change their opinions in the face of peer pressure normal?
Are those women who rebuff the yabs from their friends, and stay with their not-so-tall men, normal?

Be very careful of what you consider normal, you may be lowering the bar far too low!

I'll pray to Baba God so that you do not get (or are not) married to a woman who will in the future decide to change her opinion of you solely based on what her peers tell her.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by tollu: 9:18am On May 29, 2007
tsk tsk tsk tsk. lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by dakmanzero(m): 10:38am On May 29, 2007
@rb

in the early days i used to get annoyed whenever i detected that women were subjecting me to the 'second opinion test', you know that crap where a 'friend' of hers surfaces out of nowhere and you are forced to be introduced/interact for no apparent reason.

However, nowadays I see it as positive. If a woman thinks you are worth exposing to her peer group, it means her mind at least is made up, and she needs their 'blessing'. If she suddenly changes after the 'test', its then up to me to decide whether I feel SHE is worth me going up against her peer group.

I expect a wise person will usually decide no, she is not worth it. remember when you marry a person you are marrying her friends and family. If they do not like you, you are wasting your time and hers.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by shadyshaz(m): 11:05am On May 29, 2007
Hey everyone sorry to deviate from this REALLy important topic but erm TOLLU can i please just have an idea where u got that picture on yur profile from? i REALLY am an artist and i'd like to use the source as reference for my work. i added u but u politely denied my contact without reply. atleast i wudnt mind a url or sumin
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by RichyBlacK(m): 11:19am On May 29, 2007
An annual study in the UK by management consultants Grant Thornton estimates the main causes of divorce based on surveys of matrimonial lawyers.[10]

The main causes in 2004 (2003) were:

* Extra-marital affairs - 27% (29%)
* Family strains - 18% (11%)
* Emotional/physical abuse - 17% (10%)
* Mid-life crisis - 13% (not in 2003 survey)
* Addictions, e.g. alcoholism and gambling - 6% (5%)
* Workaholism - 6% (5%)

According to this survey, men engaged in extra-marital affairs in 75% (55%) of cases; women in 25% (45%). In cases of family strain, women's families were the primary source of strain in 78%, compared to 22% of men's families.

The above is an excerpt from the Wikipedia article "Divorce". It supports the scenario you painted of some women trying to seek the approval of their friends and family and hence being strongly influenced by their opinions. There is nothing wrong in seeking the "second opinion", however, I think change of opinion should come from potentially damaging new revelations/information, e.g., the guy has been lying about his marital status, instead of obvious facts, e.g., the guy is 5'1", already known to the lady.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Qby: 12:15pm On May 29, 2007
Baseline, marry for love and not for looks. your state of mind is what makes d marriage, not the image of the people in it! I do see a lot of people not ready for marriage here o.

if ur friends and family yab your fiance(e) and u cave in, u were not in it with your heart.

, choose ye this day whom ye shall serve, love or looks. one is forever, one dies

SHIKENA
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by dude4luv(m): 12:24pm On May 29, 2007
hey where do you get your ideas from
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by dakmanzero(m): 1:25pm On May 29, 2007
@RB

Ideally, that should be the case. But unfortunately it appears women are just wired that way. They begin to feel anxious and uncomfortable when they arent satisfied that people are *not* whispering behind their backs. Men too, in some cases.

I'm not advocating that it is right, I'm simply saying its how they are, so please dont judge them for it.

@qby

dont judge her by saying her heart's not in it. If a girl follows her heart and ignores her friends/family, they will be ruthless with the 'I told you so' behaviour when there is even a tiny problem and she needs their support. Would you wish such a situation upon your friends?

Men have it easier, because if my friends see my GF say, 'dont marry her! shes from calabar! I heard they are witches!' , and I go ahead to marry her, well, tomorrow those same friends will act as if nothing happened. Not so for women.

(funny enough most guys refrain from voicing strong opinions on their friends gf's. Its like we know whats at stake. I wish women were the same)
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by hotchic1(f): 3:17pm On May 29, 2007
I'd prefer a guy with thesame height or a lil bit taller.

If you are with a shorter guy,What happens when you are on heels?
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 29, 2007
All these girls carrying on with short men are this,short men are that would follow a short rich man to the nearest altar and wear sandals if they had to.
Here in America I've seen tons of beautiful,tall and elegant Nigerian ladies wiith extremely short but "loaded" husbands.
When a man is rich and comfortable,his height is no longer an issue.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:59pm On May 29, 2007
No.

Osisi, lol those midget rich men should use that money of theirs for height surgery like the Koreans.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:01pm On May 29, 2007
hot chic:

I'd prefer a guy with thesame height or a little bit taller.

If you are with a shorter guy,What happens when you are on heels?

seriously. Nicole Kidman had to wear flats the entire time she was married to Tom Cruise.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 29, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

No.

Osisi, lol those midget rich men should use that money of theirs for height surgery like the Koreans.

There's such thing as height surgery?,lol.

I was at a naija party this last weekend,there was this extremely short man,I kept looking around to spot who his Iyawo might be.
As we danced,his wife was towering over him but this man had confidence like Kilimanjaro,had the best moves of all the males in the room and was basically the life of the party,(he was a little  tipsy after some Heinekins though )
I had dated men my height,the shortest man I ever dated was about 5'5'' but he was an OBGYN so his height was not much of an issue and he was a handsome gentleman ,he later married a woman much taller than myself.

I would never have written off a man because of height if all other desired qualities are in place.
But I must confess that most women ideally want a taller man but we don't live in an ideal world.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:08pm On May 29, 2007
We also don't want midget children  tongue

but yea it's done by having metal rods installed in the legs and they are turned every other month to strech out the legs, it's a very painful process from what ive seen on TLC.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by tollu: 5:17pm On May 29, 2007
@shadyshaz, sorry abt that. someone sent it to me in an e-mail so i really don't have any information abt it. Hit me up on my yim sum otha time perhaps i cld send u d whole thing.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by dakmanzero(m): 5:58pm On May 29, 2007
Babyosisi:

Why do women run after obgyns like that? My father is one and I would never be one in my lifetime, and I seriousll pity any woman that marries one and is not a midwife (like my mother!)

Its not like they're rich, so why?!
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Vitastraka(m): 6:04pm On May 29, 2007
I thing women run after OBGYNs because OBGYNs are experts in manipulating their abunna. Do you not think so?

All that confidence comes from their expertise
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:10pm On May 29, 2007
If anything, I've heard most women run away from them cos the fact that all he does everyday is look at the genitals of other women turns them off

Cant say I blame them either.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 29, 2007
Vitastraka:

I thing women run after OBGYNs because OBGYNs are experts in manipulating their abunna. Do you not think so?

All that confidence comes from their expertise

lol.
When a doctor is examining his patients,it's all professional,all he sees is a part of human anatomy.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 29, 2007
lol.
OBgyn's make a good living and that is attractive to us women
dakmanzero I'm sure dad told you that so you quit asking for money.
He is in a great profession.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:29pm On May 29, 2007
ewwww
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 29, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

ewwww

ewww what?
They wear gloves so It's technically not their hands. grin
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by drrionelli(m): 6:36pm On May 29, 2007
I have a question:

What are the average heights of Nigerian adults? Feel free to use metric or English units.

Thank you!
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Islander(f): 6:37pm On May 29, 2007
Height doesn't matter, as long as his "tool" is not,
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by omoge(f): 6:43pm On May 29, 2007
men of character (good tools lol and some loaded pocket too wink) that's what we should be looking at cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 29, 2007
Height doesn't matter, as long as his "tool" is not,

Osanobua!!.
You can't tell a man's tool just by looking at him,can you?
how can you date a man,lead him on,make him wine and dine you then leave him when you see his tool?

What about  born again Christians that don't get to see the tool until the wedding night?

[quote][/quote]
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 29, 2007
omoge:

men of character (good tools lol and some loaded pocket too wink) that's what we should be looking at cheesy cheesy

character is of course more important than height and length of "tool"
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Islander(f): 6:52pm On May 29, 2007
babyosisi:

Osanobua!!.

What about  born again Christians that don't get to see the tool until the wedding night?

Keep fooling yourself, or better yet, keep saying it repeatedly until you believe it,

Wait eh? ROFLMAO,  [quote][/quote]
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by omoge(f): 6:53pm On May 29, 2007
agree with you Osisi. we can only pray and hope that it's the overall Package grin pocket o, height o, tools etc full 100% Package grin
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 29, 2007
Islander,some people have self control you know.
It is still done in this day and age.
Don't think everyone is going around sleeping around and test driving future mates.
So many are still waiting and I'm sure of what I'm saying.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Islander(f): 7:15pm On May 29, 2007
babyosisi:

Islander,some people have self control you know.
It is still done in this day and age.
Don't think everyone is going around sleeping around and test driving future mates.
So many are still waiting and I'm sure of what I'm saying.

And says "NO"
The truth is MANY of "us" so-called born again, are testing out right under the preacher's nose. I am a realist, took my head of the clouds a very long time, unlike so many others who comes here and spit crap, while doing opposite,
LEt me be concerned with "me",  Since I can only swear for moi,

@Omege,
"tool" is important. we may stay here all day and debate that, truth be told, no woman wants a small pin man. Then again it may be small and he may be able to handle the "ride" as opposed to some who has big tools and cannot do "shit" with it.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Iman3(m): 7:18pm On May 29, 2007
omoge:

agree with you Osisi. we can only pray and hope that it's the overall Package grin pocket o, height o, tools etc full 100% Package grin

Greedy! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

What If A Girl You Don't Like Loves You And Stalks You? / Edet Okon Asim Impregnates 15-Year-Old Girl, In Abortion Scandal / A Special Message For Unmarried Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.