Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor (17650 Views)

Ezekwesili Knocks Al-makura Over Alleged Assault On Woman / Photo Of Alleged PDP Dollars; PDP Dismisses Allegation / Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by manny4life(m): 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2010
When you take law into your hands, you then expect the person you're accusing of breaking the same law to yield to your demand; you're as guilty as that person and would bear same consequences. While VIOLENCE should not be tolerated, there are certain times when you can respectfully assert rights in a courteous manner without spurring violence of any sort.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by manny4life(m): 5:54pm On Nov 18, 2010
cold:

Seriously, these folks just stay in the comfort & confines of their room & try to teach us about a utopian society.That is all we'd love to have,the ideal society where everything works.[b]Unfortunately,we're talking about Nigeria,a society where practically nothin functions as they do in other climes.[/b]To begin with,which official uses sirens in other parts of the world besides the essential services unit?Let's not even begin to discuss the other issues therein.It would take months to exhaust.

You said it yourself, so why trying to prove something that you know doesn't work. The way she was beaten black and blue as the claim asserts, does that make any more of a human? NO
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by honeric01(m): 6:06pm On Nov 18, 2010
aminalib:

that is wonderful, i am glad u dont back down, neither do i, but u will not have choice to back down or not, cuz once i am done with work i will just ignore u, grin

Hehehehe, you are so funny, i will attend to you later ok? cool

manny4life:

It's a good thing that you don't have the time for me, neither do I, so drop the feud. Oh please anyone can claim anything even though nothing happened to her, but hey am not here to discredit her claim. Again, if u don't respect yourself in public, then you would be treated unfairly, simple.

like i said i don't have time to school you, fate will surely school you ok? (whether u believe fate or not, it will surely school u)
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by manny4life(m): 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2010
honeric01:

Hehehehe, you are so funny, i will attend to you later ok? cool

like i said i don't have time to school you, fate will surely school you ok? (whether u believe fate or not, it will surely school u)

I can tell you for certain that when that day when this so-called fate comes; I will handle myself appropriately. Your words are becoming dry, so till then I rest my case.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by honeric01(m): 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2010
manny4life:

Clap for yourself. Here yourself out, I guess that's the mentality that we have. How does it concern the average citizen whether he was blowing siren or not? If he blew sirens, it's not up to you to stand on that authority and dictate what he did was wrong, that's why there's a formal complaint. The car all a sudden moved into the drainage right? Action hadn't occured badly before that occured? Confident when mad only applies when you clearly know the "fine line" between invoking your rights and respecting an officer of the law who is meant to uphold a law. If a police

So she was expected to fly off that road because of the sirens blowing right?

manny4life:

I can tell you for certain that when that day when this so-called fate comes; I will handle myself appropriately. Your words are becoming dry, so till then I rest my case.

Yea yea, begging as usual, saying ABEG SIR, I NO NO SIR, ABEG SIR, you car was bashed by the police while driving rightly on your lane without them stopping to say sorry, you will surely say "thank you sir for bashing my car" like we don't know grin grin grin grin
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by udezue(m): 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am not NL's expert as you pretend to believe there and I would suggest you connect to reality of living in Nigeria to get schooled.

Yes, I have been in fender benders in Nigeria, and I definitely did not handle it in that way. Matter of fact, there are so many similar cases out there where people instead did all they could to ensure it did not turn violent. Most of them got justice in the courts like this woman eventually had to but no shouting matches and videos showing them as crazed animals floating around on the internet afterwards.

Taking the law into your own hands is akin to being part of the problem we are trying to eliminate and there is no excuse for such action. Defense is not same as acting like an animal. Violent actions of this sort is NOT, I repeat, IS NOT the way to get things happening in Nigeria. We want change but we need to be willing to change the way we approach situations as well. Taking

LOL U clearly haven't being ,altreated like her so please quit lecturing me.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by manny4life(m): 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2010
honeric01:

So she was expected to fly off that road because of the sirens blowing right?

Yea yea, begging as usual, saying ABEG SIR, I NO NO SIR, ABEG SIR, you car was bashed by the police while driving rightly on your lane without them stopping to say sorry, you will surely say "thank you sir for bashing my car" like we don't know grin grin grin grin

Dude u gat real issues, didn't u say u would drop it and leave it to my fate, fate which would school me. You know people don't have to be like you, who have to beg in this manner, but it's ok. Perhaps if you implore wisdom, maybe perhaps, you would come to a resolve on how to handle situations in such courteous manner. If Nigerians like you decide to assert your lawful rights by violence, well I'm not you. Even Dr. King did not encourage violence, one would engage with wisdom and knowledge. Then again, let's leave it to my school of thought and hope I meet my fate that day because when I do, I sure know how to handle myself.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Nov 18, 2010
udezue:

LOL U clearly haven't being ,altreated like her so please quit lecturing me.

If you clearly read the post, you would note that I advice that people AVOID such situations as much as possible. It is possible to AVOID most of the maltreatment and still get justice and that is what the message here is. AVOID instigating or getting yourself into a situation where you have to exchange blows with these people. We like to pretend that it all happens out of the blues but reality is that is not the truth or it would be the case that EVERY SINGLE NIGERIAN who has ever gotten in a fender bender with the police or any high ranking official also has the same story to tell.

Sometime ago, a relative was 'chanced' on a plane by a soldier. This relative could have screamed bloody murder and started a brawl for the seat. Rather this relative politely walked up to the airhostess and demanded that something be done about it. My point is VIOLENCE and AGIDI is not the way to obtain justice. Matter of fact, there are fewer cases of people actually getting justice BECAUSE of their taking the law in their hands or throwing tantrums.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by honeric01(m): 8:45pm On Nov 18, 2010
manny4life:

Dude u gat real issues, didn't u say u would drop it and leave it to my fate, fate which would school me. You know people don't have to be like you, who have to beg in this manner, but it's ok. Perhaps if you implore wisdom, maybe perhaps, you would come to a resolve on how to handle situations in such courteous manner. [/b]If Nigerians like you decide to assert your[b] lawful rights by violence, well I'm not you. Even Dr. King did not encourage violence, one would engage with wisdom and knowledge. Then again, let's leave it to my school of thought and hope I meet my fate that day because when I do, I sure know how to handle myself.

I was describing you in that comment of mine, hehehe since you said she acted in an animal way, so i kinda described the way you would have acted if she was you. Now tell me, if a common man drives by and have your car bashed just like the office did in her case, what's going to be your response, please tell us "forumites" cool
   While you are at it, please point out the violence you saw her exhibit, she never left her spot all through the video clip, so please show us where she got "violent" or is being verbal now being violence?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by manny4life(m): 9:03pm On Nov 18, 2010
honeric01:

I was describing you in that comment of mine, hehehe since you said she acted in an animal way, so i kinda described the way you would have acted if she was you. Now tell me, if a common man drives by and have your car bashed just like the office did in her case, what's going to be your response, please tell us "forumites" cool
While you are at it, please point out the violence you saw her exhibit, she never left her spot all through the video clip, so please show us where she got "violent" or is being verbal now being violence?

Dude for real when I have totally lost interest talking to you, here you are again trying so hard to start the same argument u said with time I would learn with fate. I have no time for this argument, because you are confused. I would be home by 7pm, then I would have your time for this silly argument, till then keep talking.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by honeric01(m): 9:06pm On Nov 18, 2010
^^^^

Actually you are the one raking and ranting, i have been typing few words since we started, hehehehehe i really don't have time for your likes bro, like i said when you wear the shoes, you should not be too selfish not to shear your experience with us. grin grin grin
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2010
honerico is still here? yet he "doesn't" have time lol
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by manny4life(m): 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^

Actually you are the one raking and ranting, i have been typing few words since we started, hehehehehe i really don't have time for your likes bro, like i said when you wear the shoes, you should not be too selfish not to shear your experience with us. grin grin grin

Dude knock it off, whether you type few words or one word, YOU have been replying every comment on here just like I have, the intervals might be longer, but look through again, you have replied more comments just like I have. Correction, I sure wasn't raking nor ranting, so get your facts straight, perhaps you lack the understanding, thus misguided, to see how trends of occurence happened. I was expressing my views on here (I commented on @aminalib comment,)you couldn't help but attack us on how we expressed our view, no one invited you self pity opinion but u did. Just like you have your own opinion, I have mine just like you do. Look, there's no shoes here to wear ok, I've been trying hard to drill it to you, however; should there be one, I sure know how to fix the pain on the shoes as well as the feet wearing it.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by honeric01(m): 9:48pm On Nov 18, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

honerico is still here? yet he "doesn't" have time lol

Check the time interval between his posts and mine, check how early he responds to mine and how "early" i respond to his, then decide who really does not have "time" grin

manny4life:

Dude knock it off, whether you type few words or one word, [b]YOU have been replying every comment on here just like I have, the intervals might be longer, but look through again, you have replied more comments just like I have. Correction, I sure wasn't raking nor ranting, so get your facts straight, perhaps you lack the understanding, thus misguided[/b], to see how trends of occurence happened. I was expressing my views on here (I commented on @aminalib comment,)you couldn't help but attack us on how we expressed our view, no one invited you self pity opinion but u did. Just like you have your own opinion, I have mine just like you do. Look, there's no shoes here to wear ok, I've been trying hard to drill it to you, however; should there be one, I sure know how to fix the pain on the shoes as well as the feet wearing it.

Since you have never been there before, please can you let those who have been there talk? the option you are clamoring for has been tried before and the result was BRUTAL than what Ufoma displayed aftermath her being beaten. unlike you, i am not relying on what i watched on this clip, rather i have more info of the whole scenario than some of the people that commented on this thread. getti now? undecided

BTW, i never attacked you nor her, if i did, please quote me. cool
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by manny4life(m): 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2010
honeric01:

Check the time interval between his posts and mine, check how early he responds to mine and how "early" i respond to his, then decide who really does not have "time" grin

Since you have never been there before, please can you let those who have been there talk? the option you are clamoring for has been tried before and the result was BRUTAL than what Ufoma displayed aftermath her being beaten. unlike you, i am not relying on what i watched on this clip, rather i have more info of the whole scenario than some of the people that commented on this thread. getti now? undecided

BTW, i never attacked you nor her, if i did, please quote me. cool

Talk? Mr experience? Go ahead and talk, a lot of pioneers did not wait for experience to teach them first, but keep talking, I can see how much sense you made so far and the so much intelligence you've been exhibiting. Please, you want me to quote you, don't have time for that, as long as you have time to scroll back and forth as well as type, I'm sure nothingis stopping you from looking at page 4 I believe, at least more than half way through the page towards the bottom and see were @aminalib commeneted. If you don't have the patience to look through one or two pages of you wrote and commented on, that would explain the reason what many Nigerians like you lack.

I'm gone for the day would revist your issue when I get back, Peace
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by honeric01(m): 10:15pm On Nov 18, 2010
manny4life:

Talk? Mr experience? Go ahead and talk, a lot of pioneers did not wait for experience to teach them first, but keep talking, I can see how much sense you made so far and the so much intelligence you've been exhibiting. Please, you want me to quote you, don't have time for that, as long as you have time to scroll back and forth as well as type, I'm sure nothingis stopping you from looking at page 4 I believe, at least more than half way through the page towards the bottom and see were @aminalib commeneted. If you don't have the patience to look through one or two pages of you wrote and commented on, that would explain the reason what many Nigerians like you lack.

I'm gone for the day would revist your issue when I get back, Peace

Hehehehe, if you can't quote me, then please be gone for the day, that option is better i bet you grin grin
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^

I suspect you have a very personal agenda here as, surprisingly for you , you've yet to make any sense here.
In fact if the police were professional they would have arrested her immediately she started forming like a raving lunatic.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kilode1: 11:38pm On Nov 18, 2010
I thought this was posted earlier on NL, anyway my take on it remains the same.

We need more facts. But, I'm disgusted by some of the sexist remarks made at the start of that video and on the 234next site about this lady.

What can you do? are you a witch ?

That's why they cannot marry

She wanted to be beaten

People really think that? as in she wanted to get millions from the Police? have they paid the ones they awarded to that girl beaten up by Naval ratings?

Who wakes up wishing the Police will beat them up in Nigeria?

I believe we just disrespect women too much. Even if she is a LovePeddler, So what?
She deserves to be heard in this situation and she sure made herself heard grin

What do you do in a society where you grew up to see nothing but oppression from people in power? especially oppression against women, she is clearly out-numbered, angry and scared despite all the "I be Urhobo girl" facade

I know we need more facts, but this looks like a one sided video and it shows signs of editing.

I do not trust the Nigerian Police. As far as I'm concerned they are guilty until proven otherwise -I will allow myself that much subjectivity when it comes to the Nigerian Police.

BTW, I still wonder why ordinary legislators need a Police Convoy anyway, we need our police to spend more time stopping crimes rather than acting as private assault dogs for useless politicians.

I believe the story would've been different if the police was an impartial party/observer rather than one doing "PILOT" for state politicians.

These laggards need to quit wasting money on meaningless official perks and fund Education, provide housing or just give loans to small businesses. I digress

The Police chief in the video acted properly IMO though, he impressed me, more reason why we need to train and educate them better.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 18, 2010
Kilode?!:

IThese laggards need to quit wasting money on meaningless official perks and fund Education, provide housing or just give loans to small businesses. I digress

The Police chief in the video acted properly IMO though, he impressed me, more reason why we need to train and educate them better.
As usual you sound VERY VERY confused and morally ambivalent. What's it with all these irrelevant arguments you are bringing up. Her gender, her ethnicity or what have you. Now its the existence of  convoys
Does any of that excuse or explain her totally uncouth, deranged behaviour??
In fact this incident shows that the police still lacks professionalism. In any Western country she would have been arrested charged and locked up for disorderly behaviour.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by oyinda3(f): 11:57pm On Nov 18, 2010
we need more people like her in Naija!!! maybe then the Nigerian police can get their acts together!!!!

how can you hit a woman's car and even go to the extent of beating her afterwards. what the hell. something you can only expect from a nigerian police. hahah they definitely got the wrong person.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On Nov 19, 2010
oyinda.:

we need more people like her in Naija!!! maybe then the Nigerian police can get their acts together!!!!

how can you hit a woman's car and even go to the extent of beating her afterwards. what the hell. something you can only expect from a nigerian police. hahah they definitely got the wrong person.

Are you folks disconnected from reality or something? You see a video of a loud-mouthed CELEBRITY who happens to be a women, who was able to get away with no bloody head and her teeth all complete and you suddenly think she is the first to try this? You think you have found a hero in this one unique situation? May I suggest you spend a month in Lagos and maybe watch in action what really happens when regular people decide to flex in much the same way on a daily basis in the same Lagos. 

Please call your relatives back in Nigeria to ask them what really happens to regular people who do that and what their view of this really is to understand how your hero here is really lucky.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by honeric01(m): 12:02am On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

I suspect you have a very personal agenda here as, surprisingly for you , you've yet to make any sense here.
In fact if the police were professional they would have arrested her immediately she started forming like a raving lunatic.

Where did this one crop out from? you are looking for someone to debate with right? hehehehe sorry no show tonight, come back tomorrow grin
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by seyibrown(f): 12:11am On Nov 19, 2010
That was one angry Nigerian woman! Why didn't the police just give her the assurance she needed? I believe an assurance that the damage was gonna be taken care of could have easily averted all this wahala! , and why beat someone whose car you've just damaged? While I appreciate the deputy commissioner's input, we all know that the situation could get worse for her once she gets inside the Police Station; she felt safer where the public was watching what was happening!
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by oyinda3(f): 12:15am On Nov 19, 2010
@kobojunkie

see this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-191814.0.html

That's why I say they "got the wrong person." They thought they were handling the common nigerian person who typically feels devoid of any power to stand up to them. I love it when they are taught a lesson by the more prominent citizens.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by manny4life(m): 12:32am On Nov 19, 2010
honeric01:

Hehehehe, if you can't quote me, then please be gone for the day, that option is better i bet you grin grin

That's what I thought, all talk but nothing to show forth. Obviously, why would I count on your intelligence after all; you cannot even locate your own post, even after giving you all the hint, yet your' "I've been there" intelligence was too low to comprehend instruction, you should be so much proud of yourself. Let me help you out ok .

This was your post

@Aminalib

Not in the mood to waste my time,   

@Manny

Can't school you, i will let fate school you, when it happens to someone close to you, then we can talk.

Since you were a lil slow on finding it, I helped you further; your post is the 7th from the top of page 4. See your own response, I hope I was able to help. Anyone seeing this can at least attest the fact I have helped you and if you still can find it, what a pity, that means I've been arguing with a wrong mindset of particular type of person(s) ---Go figure.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by honeric01(m): 12:47am On Nov 19, 2010
The Lagos State House of Assembly on Monday said it will take a legal action against claims made by a Nollywood actress, Ufoma Ejenabor.

Addressing a media briefing on the issue, Segun Olusesi, the Chief of Staff of the Assembly, said the House will make the issue a deterrent case. The incident,which happened on October 29 on [size=18pt]Ozumba Mbadiwe Road[/size], had two different accounts from the two parties.

While Ufoma claimed one of the vehicles (the Pilot) in the lawmakers' convoy hit her Nissan Xterra car, Mr. Olusesi, who claimed to be driving directly behind the Pilot vehicle said Miss Ufoma drove into the convoy, hitting the left rear of ‘the pilot ‘ vehicle's bumper with her right front bumper.

"Even if it is true that we hit her car, which cannot be proven from the video recording, when there is an accident on the road, the first thing you do is not to call a lawyer. So, it was obvious she was onto something right from the beginning and that was why the Speaker directed that everything be recorded," he said.

A rowdy scene ensued and rather than continue on their journey to Lagos University Teaching Hospital to visit an ailing lawmaker, who died three days later, the lawmakers decided to drive to [size=18pt]Zone 2 Police headquarters at Onikan[/size]. As seen from the footage provided, the intervention of the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Lateef Junaid could not resolve the impasse as Mrs. Ejenabor refused all entreaties.

Claims and counter claims

Though, Mrs. Ejenabor did not make any statement to the police, she claimed, in a letter dated November 2 and written to the Speaker by her lawyer, Obinna Ukawoko, that she was beaten and that her vehicle was damaged. She also alleged that the following items stolen: white gold necklace (N850,000), Silver Gucci wristwatch (N475,000), Pink Ipod (N55,000), Blackberry Bold (N150,000) and Channel Sunglasses ($1,215). She also claimed that her wedding band, worth £3,000 was broken and her damaged vehicle will be repaired for N595,000.

"We have our client's firm directive to demand N35million as compensation," said the letter, advising the Speaker, Adeyemi Ikuforiji, to quickly pay in order to avert imminent bad publicity and legal action.

Mr. Olusesi rebuffed all the claims, saying that the video showed Mrs. Ejenabor as she drove her car away from the police station without any visible damage and she still had her wedding band and bag while she was at the station.

"The photograph of her damaged car, as she claimed in the media, can be best described as insurance fraud and an attempt to extort and blackmail this Honourable House and the Right Honourable Speaker in particular," he said.

"Nobody touched her. At a time when the security officers were not sure what to do with her, one of them wanted to deflate her tyres, but the Speaker kept shouting from inside his vehicle that nobody should touch her vehicle." "If she was beaten by policemen as she claimed, she won't be the one to drive her vehicle to Zone 2 headquarters.

Her dress was intact throughout and she claimed she was stripped. She alleged that her fingernails were broken but she refused to show the police. And if she was truly in pains as a result of the beating, she will not be able to put up such display at the police station." "She provoked everybody present, including the members of the public. She wanted to be beaten by the way she behaved but we were lucky and matured enough, especially because we were in a state of mourning and that is why we didn't give it to her."

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/9700/2/video-update-lagos-assembly-to-sue-nollywood-actre.html

Now fill in the gap with the bolded parts, what happened between Point A (Ozumba Mbadiwe Road) and point B (Zone 2 Police headquarters at Onikan)?

When did the camera person start filming?
Where is the genesis of the whole story? for her to developed so much power, something must have happened to know.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kilode1: 1:03am On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

As usual you sound VERY VERY confused and morally ambivalent. What's it with all these irrelevant arguments you are bringing up. Her gender, her ethnicity or what have you. Now its the existence of  convoys
Does any of that excuse or exlain her totally uncouth deranged behaviour??
In fact this incident shows that the police still lacks professionalism. In any Western country she would have been arrested charged and locked up for disorderly behaviour.

I usually don't reply people like you on NL, but I will indulge this time.

As usual you sound VERY VERY confused and morally ambivalent.

As usual? Morally ambivalent ? I'm glad I've made some impression on you to force such a weak psycho-analysis of my NL persona. I think YOU are confused by some of my well thought out and nuanced responses here. cool

I will advice you to take a pen and paper and make notes everytime you see my posts. What you refer to as 'Moral Ambivalence" might just be an opportunity for you to learn that the world is not black and white, that there are shades and hues of grey in between and opinions should reflect that when necessary.

Does any of that excuse or exlain her totally uncouth deranged behaviour??

I didn't know it's a crime to scream and argue loudly with someone who hit your car in traffic.

I'm also not aware that we have well enforced insurance rules on how to exchange information between both parties in a traffic incident, My guess is we don't and if we do, the chances of getting any verifiable information linked to a decent well maintained database in very slim, hence she did what she had to do in a "jungle, lawless environment" so as not to get cheated. An ordinary "Fender bender" situation dey cost money.

I do not know if she is deranged, frankly I do not care.

What's it with all these irrelevant arguments you are bringing up. Her gender, her ethnicity or what have you. Now its the existence of convoys

You are right. Our police lack professionalism, you made an allusion to that ealier, which is why I'm wondering about the thought process that led you to refer to my criticism of the police and their frequent use as "PILOT" for politician's as "irrelevant".  I disagree sir, It's absolutely central to this issue.

Now, I believe she might be arrested in serious societies for disobeying police orders, but those are probably societies where the police are well trained professionals, societies where Police do not blatantly act as proxies and Mai-guard for Legislators, Societies where this lady will be certain that she can get respect, exchange verifiable insurance information quickly and be highly assured of a reasonable level of justice no matter the status of the other party.

BTW, Your Pro-establishment stance on issues is not lost on me too.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 1:28am On Nov 19, 2010
oyinda.:

@kobojunkie

see this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-191814.0.html

That's why I say they "got the wrong person." They thought they were handling the common nigerian person who typically feels devoid of any power to stand up to them. I love it when they are taught a lesson by the more prominent citizens.

That link actually bolsters my point. What you have there is what happens to AVERAGE JANE in Nigeria, and you want to compare that to what happens to this lady who was recognized as a celeb If you have ever been bloodied up either by hooligans marauding as policemen or by touts, you would know for sure that flexing with them is no good idea, especially if you are a woman, as that will not stop them from beating you senseless and stripping you unclothed. This woman was lucky. Please do not attempt to compare her to the average woman on the streets of the same Lagos who has no celebrity status and police chiefs who recognize em.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by rasputinn(m): 1:34am On Nov 19, 2010
That babe is crazy maaaaan
The hubby must be passing through hell.I thunk she actually over-reacted
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by manny4life(m): 1:37am On Nov 19, 2010
Now fill in the gap with the bolded parts, what happened between Point A (Ozumba Mbadiwe Road) and point B (Zone 2 Police headquarters at Onikan)?

When did the camera person start filming?
Where is the genesis of the whole story? for her to developed so much power, something must have happened to know.

Look at someone who couldn't find his own post asking question, hmmm everyone wants t be part of "I've experienced it before"

The camera obviously started filming from footage 00.00, and what I see is nothing happening other than yelling and shouting, nothing else. If you see any beating, please let me know, because she made it clear to her sister/mother whoever it was that she was fine about the situation and that she could go home.

Something happened isn't the issue; how it happened is what intelligent people ask, and even intelligent people as how to fix it. She already developed power even before it started, so that's no valid question, try again, NEXT? I guess you should provide the full footage for us because I've seen this video 3x, yet I even see different things going against her than the police. Someone who was beaten like she claimed won't behave in such manner, obviously she was talking into someone's face who took it offensive and probably pushed her, but never beat, that's an act of defense. That one I saw on the video myself where she talked into someone's face, that's disrespectful.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by mystikal(m): 2:16am On Nov 19, 2010
Thief
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by asunaobi(m): 2:17am On Nov 19, 2010
She forgot to take her medication, I guess! My heart felt sympathy to the DC of P.   Looks and sounded like a good man, but in the wrong country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Trouble Looms In NAICOM Over Purchase Of N4bn Uncompleted Office Building As New / Several Die As Kwara PDP Members Scramble For Saraki’s Sallah Gifts / Minority PDP May Determine House Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.