Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor (17651 Views)

Ezekwesili Knocks Al-makura Over Alleged Assault On Woman / Photo Of Alleged PDP Dollars; PDP Dismisses Allegation / Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by silentc(m): 2:32am On Nov 19, 2010
How do you avoid a situation where there is traffic ahead of you, these politicians and their sirens come up behind you expecting you to get out of the way and you cant move out of the way easily?. They mobile police comes out of his car and bangs on your bonnet to "GET OUT OF THE WAY".

As you try to move out of the way they tell you to come out, bang on your window start trying to open your door, cock their gun asking you to get out. When you do, they start hitting you with the butt of their gun with you pleading that you were trying to co-operate? This has happened in front of me.

What some people fail to understand is that being civil,respectful and apologetic or being violent towards these guys doesn't make a darned difference. They are like animals and will beat you up even if you are the on your knees begging that you made a mistake.

You can only know when it happens to you (and i pray it doesn't happen to anyone on this forum). We can only talk and have viewpoints from our experiences and mine is that being civil or calm doesn't make a difference to these guys.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by spikedcylinder: 3:22am On Nov 19, 2010
Most of the people saying the girl acted like a village girl are retards who probably have never lived a day in Lagos.
Lagos policemen that will pursue a grown arse man to the front of his house and beat him up in front of his wife and children for not giving them "chance" to pass in traffic? undecided
Lagos policemen that will come down from their trucks and beat the living daylight out of okada men for daring to be on the same road at the same time with them? And seize their okadas too. To be reclaimed with ridiculous sums from their stations? undecided
Lagos policemen that will slap your face if you dare to question why they are shinning their torch lights directly into your pupils? undecided
Lagos policemen that will shoot you DEAD if you don't give them the peanuts they are known to beg for all over the place?

And you people say Ufuoma should take it lying low? She should have settled it in the court of Law? What court? A court that the bloody barstard Ikuforiji most likely has under his payroll? And the oku igbe born by mistake sat in his car whilst this poor woman was being beaten by his aides. Same person will swear to high heavens and threaten thunder and lightening if this is done to not even his child o . . . . one of his many many many concubines?
Walahi ko ni daa fun bobo yen. Eyin lo mama lo ko le ri waju lo mo. In fact, iku buruku lo ma ba pade ninu odun yi.
Oloriburuku. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by fstranger: 3:29am On Nov 19, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Most of the people saying the girl acted like a village girl are retards who probably have never lived a day in Lagos.
Lagos policemen that will pursue a grown arse man to the front of his house and beat him up in front of his wife and children for not giving them "chance" to pass in traffic? undecided
Lagos policemen that will come down from their trucks and beat the living daylight out of okada men for daring to be on the same road at the same time with them? And seize their okadas too. To be reclaimed with ridiculous sums from their stations? undecided
Lagos policemen that will slap your face if you dare to question why they are shinning their torch lights directly into your pupils? undecided
Lagos policemen that will shoot you DEAD if you don't give them the peanuts they are known to beg for all over the place?

And you people say Ufuoma should take it lying low? She should have settled it in the court of Law? What court? A court that the bloody barstard Ikuforiji most likely has under his payroll? And the oku igbe born by mistake sat in his car whilst this poor woman was being beaten by his aides. Same person will swear to high heavens and threaten thunder and lightening if this is done to not even his child o . . . . one of his many many many concubines?
Walahi ko ni daa fun bobo yen. Eyin lo mama lo ko le ri waju lo mo. In fact, iku buruku lo ma ba pade ninu odun yi.
Oloriburuku. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

EPE! EPE!! EPE!!!
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by moremi2008(m): 5:51am On Nov 19, 2010
My people, why are we so gullible?! I salute this lady for fighting for her rights. With these mad men, it doesn't matter if you're calm or angry, they are lawless animals and a terrible shame to the country.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by vanitty: 5:53am On Nov 19, 2010
Amen
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Tunmi(f): 8:03am On Nov 19, 2010
I love this woman. She stood up to the police and she's getting attacked for it. Stupid Nigeria mentality. She had every right to be angry and I am so glad she expressed herself well. I'm tired of people just taking whatever is handed to them.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by softgirl1: 8:41am On Nov 19, 2010
@everybody that feels she over reacted don't wory soon ur wife or sister or mother will be beaten up by a police and u will no how it feels they only showed thier own video why did dey not realise her phone let her show her own side of the story mean police hissed shocked
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by FBS: 10:05am On Nov 19, 2010
Once again, I say BRAVO to the young woman!
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 19, 2010
FBS:

Once again, I say BRAVO to the young woman!
Really she should just be thoroughly ashamed of her total lack of comportment and crazy antics. My first impression was of someone that had forgotten to take her medication. undecided
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 19, 2010
Tunmi:

I love this woman. She stood up to the police and she's getting attacked for it. silly Nigeria mentality. She had every right to be angry and I am so glad she expressed herself well. I'm tired of people just taking whatever is handed to them.
Rubbish. In what way did she stand up to the police. She just made an exhibition of herself. However at the end she was still arrested and ruthlessly dealt with. So what was her gain?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Blazay(m): 11:52am On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

Really she should just be thoroughly ashamed of her total lack of comportment and crazy antics. My first impression was of someone that had forgotten to take her medication. undecided

Quiet.
Who needs comportment to get jungle justice?
You should be ashamed of yourself for making cowardly statements on the WWW.

Quiet I say.

tensor777:

Rubbish. In what way did she stand up to the police. She just made an exhibition of herself. However at the end she was still arrested and ruthlessly dealt with. So what was her gain?

Moo-Moo
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2010
Blazay:

Quiet.
Who needs comportment to get jungle justice?
You should be ashamed of yourself for making cowardly statements on the WWW.
What is jungle justice. Justice against an armed officer of the law acting in accordance with the law?
Was she not arrested and beaten up despite all her crazy antics?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by spikedcylinder: 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2010
Lol at these comments.
It is something I can and will do. My were only comes once in a while, but when it comes, na full throttle.
Ko ni da fun babanla iya won. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by honeric01(m): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

What is jungle justice. Justice against an armed officer of the law acting in accordance with the law?
Was she not arrested and beaten up despite all her crazy antics?

shocked shocked shocked shocked :oSMH

Some people sha!

please respond to this :

Now fill in the gap with the bolded parts, what happened between Point A (Ozumba Mbadiwe Road) and point B (Zone 2 Police headquarters at Onikan)?

When did the camera person start filming?
Where is the genesis of the whole story? for her to develope so much power, something must have happened to her between these points, she must have been dealt with before the camera started filming hence her constant mention of "after dem don beat me finish"
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2010
honeric01:

Now fill in the gap with the bolded parts, what happened between Point A (Ozumba Mbadiwe Road) and point B (Zone 2 Police headquarters at Onikan)?
When did the camera person start filming?
Where is the genesis of the whole story? for her to developed so much power, something must have happened to know.
I have no idea what happened there but she did herself no favours with such a lunatic reaction.
Does what may have happened between those points explain her total lack of self control.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by FBS: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

Shame but if I may ask. Have you ever experienced anything of such? Do you reside in Nigeria?
If you haven't then I can conclude that you know what you are saying.
To you she is crazy, to her (and to many others on here) she is saving her life. Who are you to disagree with her antics?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by honeric01(m): 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

I have no idea what happened there but she did herself no favours with such a lunatic reaction.
Does what may have happened between those points explain her total lack of self control.

I pity your likes, your likes are the type that die without being heard of, when your likes are suppose to voice out, you end up doing the wrong thing at the wrong time ending up at the wrong place at the wrong time. embarassed

You didn't care to know what happened between these points, yet you are [b]QUICK [/b]to call her a lunatic that lacks self control, can you listen to yourself? undecided

The whole issue started from the island, the video started filming at the front of the police station at Onikan, do you know how many minutes drive it takes to get from Ozumba to Onikan in that kinda traffic? did you imagine what must have happened between these points that made her grow in confidence? yet you have the audacity to call her a lunatic, some people sha! sad
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by FBS: 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

SMH! oh ho! you don't even know what happened but you are quick to throw insults about? undecided
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2010
honeric01:

I pity your likes, your likes are the type that die without being heard of, when your likes are suppose to voice out, you end up doing the wrong thing at the wrong time ending up at the wrong place at the wrong time. embarassed

You didn't care to know what happened between these points, yet you are [b]QUICK [/b]to call her a lunatic that lacks self control, can you listen to yourself? undecided

The whole issue started from the island, the video started filming at the front of the police station at Onikan, do you know how many minutes drive it takes to get from Ozumba to Onikan in that kinda traffic? did you imagine what must have happened between these points that made her grow in confidence? yet you have the audacity to call her a lunatic, some people sha! sad
Okay over to you what exactly happened to make her behave like that? You don't know?? Okay what could have happened that would make her behave like that even in front of a very courteous officer of the law that was trying to reason with her?? You don't know??
Honeric, I still suspect you have a highly sentimental agenda for making so many posts in support of this aggressive woman, as this is not your usual position on issues.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by honeric01(m): 1:07pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

Okay over to you what exactly happened to make her behave like that? You don't know?? Okay what could have happened that would make her behave like that even in front of a very courteous officer of the law that was trying to reason with her?? You don't know??
Honeric, I still suspect you have a highly sentimental agenda for making so many posts in support of this aggressive woman, as this is not your usual position on issues.

Got no time for that, follow the posts i made on this issue, i already addressed that.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by oluite(f): 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2010
I think Ufoma has been judged too harshly, Nigeria is a country like no other.This video depicts after the harassment!! The Deputy commissioner was being diplomatic after the deed has been done!Her car was bashed and instead of an apology she was thoroughly beaten by the Police is your friend!!! This is what happens to the average Nigerian,just yesterday two policeman chased a hapless man with their guns already corked,the very frighthened man fled the scene by reversing through the streets, i had to quickly find my way also. Stray bullets are a common occurrence in such situations. Its a vicious circle, The average Nigerian will just leave the scene after getting a bashing from the convoy and grumble at home, I guess she decided to speak out unfortunately the result wasn't a happy one.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by lakode(m): 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2010
just in few words , my type of woman , May God bless you , bastard Police
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by manny4life(m): 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2010
Ok whether she did well or not, the deed has been done. I hope that she receives all the claims and damages she’d alleging.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2010
lakode:

just in few words , my type of woman ,  , naughty person Police
Well that cuts both ways. The question is would she have reacted in that way if the security detail were  soldiers or mobile police personnel?
You are kidding yourself think acting like a crazy lunatic would prevent these action packed force guys from ruthlessly dealing with you.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2010
oluite:

I think Ufoma has been judged too harshly, Nigeria is a country like no other.This video depicts after the harassment!! The Deputy commissioner was being diplomatic after the deed has been done!Her car was bashed and instead of an apology she was thoroughly beaten by the Police is your friend!!! This is what happens to the average Nigerian,just yesterday two policeman chased a hapless man with their guns already corked,the very frighthened man fled the scene by reversing through the streets, i had to quickly find my way also. Stray bullets are a common occurrence in such situations. Its a vicious circle, The average Nigerian will just leave the scene after getting a bashing from the convoy and grumble at home, I guess she decided to speak out unfortunately the result wasn't a happy one.
You are clearly missing the point if you think that acting like a lunatic is the way to enforce your rights with officers of the law.
She was just lucky that a highly courteous officer was in the mood to ignore all her crazy antics and not haul her off for being disorderly and obstructing traffic.
This video sends the wrong message that it pays to be a lunatic in Nigeria which is not the case.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by honeric01(m): 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

Well that cuts both ways. The question is would she have reacted in that way if the security detail were  soldiers or mobile police personnel?
You are kidding yourself think acting like a  crazy lunatic would prevent these action packed force guys from ruthlessly dealing with you.

A girl that was least popular to her reacted that way few years ago against some air force officers, i bet you saw the thread on Nairaland or didn't you? because they wore Uniform we should swallow anything they serve us? and you expect this country to progress? you keep calling her a lunatic, are you better than her?

BTW where do you live? How many times have you seen a government official in whatever place you live moving around with a convoy?

And how many ended up bashing your car from the back and never stopped to check out whatever they did? undecided

While you plan to respond to this, please answer the previous questions i asked you and your likes, it's not too far below, just scroll down.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by honeric01(m): 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2010
@tensor777

You keep using the word lunatic, please define that word for us, then let's compare it with the attitude of an average Nigerian (including you) if you are Nigerian.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by silentc(m): 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2010
They say "dont bring a knife to a gun battle"

If you are in Nigeria and you want to act based on rules fashioned for the west, it will not work

Some people think by being reasonable or courteous you can avoid this situation? Or that this lady was overreacting?

Her reaction is probably what saved her as these police would calm down at some point thinking she knows some "big man" due to her shouting and actions.

For those that think the justice system in Nigeria works, I hope this doesn't happen to you and you need to take a police officer to court or complain about an officer. Nothing will happen. So a woman gets beaten by police officers while the politician they are carrying is right there and all we can spend our time discussing on this forum is that the woman overreacted? Seems we are not focussing on what is important. Should the police/politicians feel they own the road or feel they can physically harass or beat up someone on the streets?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2010
silentc:

If you are in Nigeria and you want to act based on rules fashioned for the west, it will not work
or feel they can physically harass or beat up someone on the streets?
You know that's nonsense as you are just assuming that most times the police would be intimidated from do their job properly.
That video shows in fact that the police were not ready to do their job and arrest this woman for obstructing traffic and behaving like a lunatic.
Would that be so in another situation or if she was up against mobile police personnel. Take your chances.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2010
silentc:

Some people think by being reasonable or courteous you can avoid this situation? Or that this lady was overreacting? Her reaction is probably what saved her as these police would calm down at some point thinking she knows some "big man" due to her shouting and actions.
This is where I disagree! The rules work in the west, not because the place is so so different but because THE PEOPLE work to enforce those rules. Nothing stops the man who hit my car from taking off afterwards, NOTHING. It is simply that people have come to understand that to make sure things work, THEY, as individuals have to learn to do things right. That is just it. There is no magic force holding these people to doing the right thing and the contrary to what people think, the people is not everywhere. People actually take it on themselves to police their environs and inform the right authorities when they find something going wrong.

This mentality that it does not work in Nigeria is ridiculous. Don’t you ever wonder why it really does not work? I mean we have just about the same laws and system as obtained in most democratic countries out in the west. Why does it not work?

I have lived in the same Nigeria . . . I have family that still do on a fulltime basis. My mum has never had to bribe anyone – she will blatantly tell you that you are wasting your time and people get the message, even police and move on after trying all they can. I have never bribed anyone myself . . . I remember getting into a fight with my dad on this issue one time.

I believe what you said of this woman’s attitude being her saving grace, is a big lie. I can tell you tons of stories of women, and men, who have tried this same AGIDI, only to end up with bloody heads, hospitalized by their assailants. Go try that behavior around the Lagos Agberos and see if you will get away with it. The police with guns will leave you because you throw a tantrum? HA HA HA!!

Funny thing no one mentions here is that this woman finally got the legal system to listen to her case, NOT because of the tantrum she threw, but because she finally calmed herself down, and did the right thing, which is to file a case against those who did this to her. Isn’t that what people do in the west? Is that not exactly what she is having to do now? You say it does not work but after the tantrums thrown in the case, this same "HEROINE" of yours felt it wise for her to take this to the same courts. . .

Please, We all know Nigeria is hard, but we make it worse for ourselves and the many other victims out there when rather than doing the right thing at all times, and keeping our peace, we continue to shoot our own selves for the cause.

For those that think the justice system in Nigeria works, I hope this doesn't happen to you and you need to take a police officer to court or complain about an officer. Nothing will happen. So a woman gets beaten by police officers while the politician they are carrying is right there and all we can spend our time discussing on this forum is that the woman overreacted? Seems we are not focussing on what is important. Should the police/politicians feel they own the road or feel they can physically harass or beat up someone on the streets?
[quote][/quote]
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

This is where I disagree! The rules work in the west, not because the place is so so different but because THE PEOPLE work to enforce those rules. Nothing stops the man who hit my car from taking off afterwards, NOTHING. It is simply that people have come to understand that to make sure things work, THEY, as individuals have to learn to do things right. That is just it. There is no magic force holding these people to doing the right thing and the contrary to what people think, the police are not everywhere. People actually take it on themselves to police their environs and inform the right authorities when they find something going wrong.
That is so so true!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Several Die As Kwara PDP Members Scramble For Saraki’s Sallah Gifts / Minority PDP May Determine House Speaker / Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.