Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,189 members, 7,860,262 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:35 AM

Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? (35062 Views)

Can My Disrespectful, Unsubmissive Boyfriend Change After Marriage? / My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner / An Advice On How To Deal With A Disrespectful Lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Legendguru: 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
ohhh
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Kingrefreshed: 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

God sent me directly to you to answer this your question.

SHE WILL NOT AND WILL NEVER CHANGE!!!. SHE WILL GET WORSE.

I made that same mistake and today I regret it so much. When we first met I noticed that she's disrespectful and rude but I would easily brush it off like I can make her change since she really loves me and listens to me.

All na lie! By the time she got in, she now feel like she somehow owns me completely and she can talk or say anything she wants to in my face and since I can't beat her because she will call buhari, Atikueand Nigerian bar association for me.

Bad wife is a curse my brother.

And further more..... She added and spiced it up with Nagging.

Mene mene teke ofasin!
It is finished!!

6 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by CrownPrincehawk(m): 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2019
Sure she will change by stabbing you to hell, maybe you will wait till when she send you to jail b4 you will get sense.
Note: A woman without attributes of a good wife is a poison to man.
If a man marries such, it's either she kill the man or send him to jail
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

is she from Edo state?
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by newdawn2017(f): 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
The reason why I even created this thread is because I'm beginning to suffer for the trauma. I'm becoming sad day by day compared to the way I used to be
hmmm! U need assistance, it's very hard, I ve been through such B4. Recently sef. Drop me ur contact or ur ig handle
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by jevic(m): 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2019
Better run for your dear life. They don't learn left hand at old age.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by frozen70(f): 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2019
eni4real:
Blessed are you oo.
Good comment!!

Thanks dear, bless you too
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by sacramento1212: 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2019
oilmonie:
is she from Edo state?

Is it very common with Edo Ladies?
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by frozen70(f): 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
I'm being sincere dear and God knows everything I've written here is nothing but the truth

Then read meaning to my comment
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Bollybose96: 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2019
Pls and please leave d lady she can't change.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
eni4real:
The hallmark of Chimamanda is her intelligence not just her belief in feminism.. She was known for her stuff, feminism is just an ice on the cake..

But some ladies live for feminism.. Such ladies are more of misandrist.. Everything is a gender war to them... I don't expect such ladies to respect or submit to the man that paid their bride price!!

From you last sentence I don't think there is any point engaging with you. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by kessler53(m): 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
lyndaway:
What you can't change in relationship or courtship you can never change in marriagoI disagree
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Dbeautyy(m): 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2019
Hmm, in Samuel Ladoke Akintola's voice. " Ati ti ooje bò oloosa lowo, oku Baba eni tio bo. " If you are from the west and you're familiar with that which I quoted above, you will run for your life. If she won't pretend or hide are character now that you're not married, what makes you think...
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Poprince(m): 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2019
Why will u even marry such lady, is that all the lady God created?
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by MzTunechi(f): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
eni4real:
You are very sure of your qualities..
Nice!! cool

I don't understand the meaning of 'still water' tho shocked
wink
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Poprince(m): 8:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
J4JUVENTUS:
NO=NO. She will even kill you after marriage .
grin
J4JUVENTUS:
NO=NO. She will even kill you after marriage .
problem dey o
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Gordonz07(m): 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2019
Which kind wahala be this again Does marriage come with medicine?
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by eyickson(m): 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2019
My brother I've been in your shoes, my ex girlfriend is same as yours, at least yours respect you in presence of your family mine don't, she came visiting last two months and keep avoiding my brother like a plague, I sat her down n explain things to her that my brother is trying to come close to you because of me and also because he doesn't have a choice. My my gf keep doing same thing and making me look like a weakling in presence of brothers
Countless number of times she have insulted n fought me in presence of friends
She's hot tempered, I kept my calm trying to please her, left my place to travel back first thing in the morning on countless times
I couldn't leave her cos I loved her
But a month ago we had a heated argument she insulted everyone in my house n left back to owerri from my house in Abuja, since then we've not spoken and I've vowed never to take her back no matter what
I have two Samsung phone lying in my house which she broke out of anger and you know how much the screen cost.
So op I advice you to let her go, I know its gonna be hard but pls let her go

4 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by kelzgie: 9:24pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:

So with all these observations and inferences..you still asking us questions...no o...marry her....fowl

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Jflex07(m): 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
This Op sef.. To slap you dey hungry me, weak boy.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by openmine(m): 9:43pm On Nov 27, 2019
Ekejoestar:
My guy, the truth of the matter is that any lady that won't respect you as a boyfriend will never respect you as a husband. Don't worry about her attitude, but worry about your future cos attitude is more important in a woman than beauty, a woman with bad attitude can never change even if you marry her later unless God touches her heart,.
You are even lucky that she showed you her true character, some ladies can cloak their character that when you later marry them, they will show you shege.... So my advice is that you run away from them... Cos they will never change
Exactly! smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 9:43pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:

You must be lying....

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Damdammy: 9:43pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:

Leopards never change their skin. A woman that doesn't respect you before marriage will do worst things after marriage. Haven't you heard of that 'a broken engagement is better than a broken marriage'. Is better to act fast before you regret your decision, people don't change in marriage, in fact it get worse. Listen to your mum and move forward.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by adeadebote: 9:50pm On Nov 27, 2019
Women don't change!
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by SolomonGrundy01: 9:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
[s]
OSUigboFlatHead:

You must be lying....
[/s]
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
Crazyblue:

From you last sentence I don't think there is any point engaging with you. Cheers
Bride price effect??
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by MrMakaveli20(m): 9:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
let me tell you something. whatever it is you are going through in your relationship before marriage will certainly get worse when married. marriage doesnt change anyone. if you marry this babe, you will see fire.

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Joshmuch: 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
In
burggerx:

Capital NO. GBE BODY E!!!
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 27, 2019
Laeroy:

Except I do not understand English language again ooo, I am/was a perfect example of what he described..

And no his mother - in law is late,
Also prior to our wedding, I wasn't visiting like every other girl will to his family members, I visited his family just once and that was it, although his siblings visited his own place and I wasn't too friendly, what I'm saying in essence is I was me before and after the wedding...

I can't say so many things here about me, however I hope u do get the message that people like us also deserve a good chance at love..

My husband today is my hero ooo, a rare gem that I can give him my life but he sure doesn't know this.....
May be you are a remorseful type..

Some will continue to abuse the guy's family with reckless abandon..

That girl is more advanced compared to you..

Nobody should marry someone that is not working on her self already or show any sign of improvement
Pity marriage is not a good thing!!!

The Op girlfriend deserve love but not from him but from a tough guy who can tame her..

OP no fit.... The lady's character is affecting his mind already!!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Slimsly100(f): 10:06pm On Nov 27, 2019
Ndi owerri si, Ana esite n'usi aghu a any uto nsi.
: Na through mess smell we go take Sabi how shit go be.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by glamorousbluice(f): 10:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
eni4real:
Op is naturally gentle.. A cool guy!!!

A cool guy can't outdo himself when it come to a matter like this.. Even the lady will mock him for trying too hard grin

The best thing is for Op to let her go.. She may be good in other aspects too, that is the reason why Op is still having a mixed feeling about her..
. The truth is the girl need a crazier guy who can calm her...

OP should let go..

OP don't kill yourself before your time o.. You can't handle the temperament of that girl!!!
yes o..she needs her match simple

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

A Thorn in the Flesh 2 / Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less / Man Demands Refund Of N4.2M He Spent On His Girlfriend For Refusing To Marry Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.