Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,842 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:14 PM

Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? (35076 Views)

Can My Disrespectful, Unsubmissive Boyfriend Change After Marriage? / My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner / An Advice On How To Deal With A Disrespectful Lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by johnad3(m): 10:19pm On Nov 27, 2019
yes, mugun
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by NuelNuelTT(m): 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2019
No Sir. She wouldn't change.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Gloriousheart(f): 10:48pm On Nov 27, 2019
Gaggi:
People hardly change but yes she can pipe down. She can only pipe low for you when you show her you are the man. You will experience conflict during this period of trying to assert your authority. She will fight it but will finally succumb to you or she will run away from the relationship.
The only question is, is she worth that stress and headache? Is she worth keeping at all cost for you to experience strife during the power tussle? I will simply say you should let her go.
This is the only way she can change @Op. Is she worth the stress. Are you really a strong personality that is strong enough to make her pipe down her bad attitude or change totally? If you know you don't have power or time for that, you better find a woman of character at once. I don't pity people like you because they saw and knew before hand that they were entering fire but still chose to go in. It's your life. Your call. Your marriage. If you get power, enter... ... If not, advise yourself well.

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by mank1234(m): 10:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
ILegend come and sell your book o
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
She can't change, only God can! Let go.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by iLegendd(m): 11:22pm On Nov 27, 2019
mank1234:
ILegend come and sell your book o

Nice call to action, but not everyone likes books. So, I'll allow him sort things out himself.

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 11:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

What will make her respect you as a husband? The ring?

You can see the handwriting on the wall. What do you want us to do? Clean it and write it again more clearly?

From your premises, you can easily draw your conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Platony(m): 11:54pm On Nov 27, 2019
Feminist 9.0 Pie

Now that u gat d chance,....Run Bro, I know what am talking about angry
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 28, 2019
What's her own story?
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 3:00am On Nov 28, 2019
Op, from what you have written and the advice you are seeking, it is obvious that you are not only a pussy, but a very foolish man.
That's My 2 cents!
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by iRepNaija1: 3:52am On Nov 28, 2019
burggerx:
I never said I'm blameless. I have my own flaws too but certainly not rudeness, pomposity, arrogance or disrespecting her family during heated arguments

My point is that the way you phrased your original post made it seem like you had done nothing wrong, that everything was your girlfriend's fault and you've only been trying to "correct" her but, you know, feminism got in the way of all that.

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by blackslayer: 3:52am On Nov 28, 2019
Not all that glitters is gold!

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by iRepNaija1: 3:53am On Nov 28, 2019
eni4real:
He is frustrated, man undecided

I'm frustrated with Nigeria. Do you see me blaming only Buhari for the state of the country?
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by okewumi: 6:51am On Nov 28, 2019
eyickson:
My brother I've been in your shoes, my ex girlfriend is same as yours, at least yours respect you in presence of your family mine don't, she came visiting last two months and keep avoiding my brother like a plague, I sat her down n explain things to her that my brother is trying to come close to you because of me and also because he doesn't have a choice. My my gf keep doing same thing and making me look like a weakling in presence of brothers
Countless number of times she have insulted n fought me in presence of friends
She's hot tempered, I kept my calm trying to please her, left my place to travel back first thing in the morning on countless times
I couldn't leave her cos I loved her
But a month ago we had a heated argument she insulted everyone in my house n left back to owerri from my house in Abuja, since then we've not spoken and I've vowed never to take her back no matter what
I have two Samsung phone lying in my house which she broke out of anger and you know how much the screen cost.
So op I advice you to let her go, I know its gonna be hard but pls let her go

Just tired of most youth nowadays. If your boyfriend or girlfriend is aggressive, it is better you quit as fast as possible.

What is love?

Sincerely most of you doesn't understand love but suffering from emotional cancerworm, calling it love. I read from page one to last and what is common is 'l would have run away from him or her but l love her'

I am married for years and have hang my boot on giving birth. Let me tell you something l have observed, whatever your spouse is displaying now he or she will display times 10 when she has second child (not first child). Then she knows she is established and if it is other way, the man knows it will be difficult for you to be single again.

God created relationship to open your eyes and use your brain but most guy see it as opportunity to explore sexual model. Ladies are even better in relationship, they can hide some characters till they get marry and show the beast in them.

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by solonubinho(m): 7:23am On Nov 28, 2019
burggerx:
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

Bro, take your mum's advice and never look back. Never.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Laeroy(f): 7:51am On Nov 28, 2019
eni4real:
May be you are a remorseful type..

Some will continue to abuse the guy's family with reckless abandon..

That girl is more advanced compared to you..

Nobody should marry someone that is not working on her self already or show any sign of improvement
Pity marriage is not a good thing!!!

The Op girlfriend deserve love but not from him but from a tough guy who can tame her..

OP no fit.... The lady's character is affecting his mind already!!! undecided

Well, maybe ure right though, I'm just pleading on her behalf. I wish I could talk to her so that I can share my experiences with her....

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Uniquekriss(m): 8:27am On Nov 28, 2019
Bro I was in your shoes, I dated this girl for.about 1yr and 3months buh d period was hell. She's so domesticated no doubt, buh arrogance is her surname and I'm dis emotional guy that would want to work and watch my relationship grow. It got.to a point I was losing my breath due to her arrogance, we quarreled 2a point that she could raise her hand to slap me twice within 10minutes. People saw us as lovebirds not knowing I was going tru emotional torture. D relationship ended when I prayed to God to make it die a natural death if it's not His will, that was how we had an argument and didn't communicate with her for about a week meanwhile we barely stayed 2hrs a day without talking to each other. My advise is that u engage in some thing that would take her thoughts off u, it may be difficult buh you'd eventually meet d right person. There are still very many good and submissive girls out there. I'm enjoying my new 8months old relationship. U may say its still new buh I didn't spend up to 2months in d previous before I started seeing hell.

5 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 28, 2019
iRepNaija1:

I'm frustrated with Nigeria. Do you see me blaming only Buhari for the state of the country?
Different analogy.. shocked
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Afodot0022(m): 10:09am On Nov 28, 2019
SEE OP... I TAKE GOD OR ANYTHING YOU SERVE BEG YOU, PLS LEAVE THAT LADY ALONE IF YOU DONT WANT TO WALLOW IN SADNESS AND SORROW ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE. LADY LIKE THAT WILL NEVER , I MEAN NEVER EVER CHANGE. THAT IS WHO SHE IS AND WHAT SHE WILL BE FOREVER . I MADE SUCH MISTAKE TO MARRY SUCH AND TODAY AM ALWAYS SORRY FOR MYSELF.YOU CAN IMAGINE WHEN YOU ALWAYS FEEL REGRET. I NEVER ENJOYED MY MARRIAGE WITH SUCH TOXIC AND DISRESPECTFUL WOMAN. SUCH WOMAN WILL ALWAYS BE DOMINATING,MANIPULATING AND DAM DISRESPECTUL EVEN TO THE EYES OF YOUR KIDS,FAMILY, NEIGBOURS AND CO. IT WAS WHEN I GOT MARRIED THAT PEOPLE START HEARING MY VOICE IN THE HOUSE. THEY KNEW ME AS AN EASY GOING AND GENTLE MAN BUT WHEN YOU MARRY THIS YOUR KIND OF WOMAN, YOU WILL BE TURNED INTO A BEAST COS SHE WILL DEFINATELY BRING OUT THE GOLDEN BEAST OUTA YOU. PLS DISCARD HER AND DONT LET HER DECEIVE YOU WITH YOU DONT LOVE ME STUFF.NA SO THEM DEY TALK..EMOTIONAL BLACKMAILING FORMAT. WHEN THE WAHALA COME, THAT LOVE WILL PASS WINDOW RUN AWAY. LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH TO MARRY A TOXIC WOMAN.NEVER. YOU WILL NEVER ENJOY HER AND ANYTIME YOU ARE SEEING HER, UNHAPPINESS AND DEPRESSION WILL JUST OVERWHELM YOU. PLS LISTEN TO THIS LITTLE ADVICE O. AM SUFFERING IT RIGHT NOW AND DONT KNOW WHEN ITS GOING TO END. I HOPE ONE DAY SHA.

4 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by dkenny4lyf(m): 10:11am On Nov 28, 2019
Martinez39:
I have no pity for you. I have no pity for people who stupidly orchestrate their misery. If you don't know what to do, I cannot help you and nobody can. If your girlfriend can be like this and you haven't done the needful or don't know what you should do, then both of you deserve and belong to each other. grin
Stupidity is a curse that makes the stupid man potentially dangerous to himself and those around him. You are afflicted by this curse and the only cure is the singular act of fully using your brain. Start using your brain to think smart like an adult and get some boldness and spine. You are a weak and very stupid person.

i love ur writ like seriously.....

u know y........

one great thinker says...
he has never seen a smallest handcuff as ring....
so choose your prison mate carefully and sentence yourself wisely..........
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by dkenny4lyf(m): 10:22am On Nov 28, 2019
LOVE IS BLIND....

MARRIAGE WILL OPEN IT....

those aroma of suffering and difficulties-to-expect drama are not enough for you..

it would have been precautionary
if u are advised not to b with like of this...

but its obviously practical to you what to expect....
people got decieved for saying after marriage...

will her head change after marriage...?
will she be substituted ...?
different ideology and character...?
if capital NO is the ans. to this...

then run for your life.....

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Ilekokonit: 10:29am On Nov 28, 2019
burggerx:
But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a rude girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

Once they start, they don't stop. Find some quiet time to ponder this saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by dkenny4lyf(m): 10:32am On Nov 28, 2019
burggerx:
I'm not stupid man! The reason why I have stayed this long with her is that I don't know if the next person I will jump to would be worse, which I doubt

you wouldnt av seen married man at all.....

if all women are like yours....
stop acting strong, thats obvious weakness that can b seen by other.....

you are very weak if truth b told....

had u dealt with her craze.....?

dump-chalantly care not....

reacted with her that she can never get any man with dis her horrible attitude.....

her case wouldnt b here......

EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER....

we in it(Marriage fold) know that peace and mutual submission are the lives of marriage that last till eternity...

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Afodot0022(m): 10:34am On Nov 28, 2019
okewumi:

Just tired of most youth nowadays. If your boyfriend or girlfriend is aggressive, it is better you quit as fast as possible.

What is love?

Sincerely most of you doesn't understand love but suffering from emotional cancerworm, calling it love. I read from page one to last and what is common is 'l would have run away from him or her but l love her'

I am married for years and have hang my boot on giving birth. Let me tell you something l have observed, whatever your spouse is displaying now he or she will display times 10 when she has second child (not first child). Then she knows she is established and if it is other way, the man knows it will be difficult for you to be single again.

God created relationship to open your eyes and use your brain but most guy see it as opportunity to explore sexual model. Ladies are even better in relationship, they can hide some characters till they get marry and show the beast in them.

I experienced it bro. when she had my first daughter she was not as terible as she now that she have the second child. to her, she felt is is established and there is noway you can put her away after having the second child. that how most ladies behove. they become demon after having their second issue. then as a man, it will be difficult to get out of such marriage and even thinking devorce will be difficult cos u will be thinking of the two innocent children. But i do tell my wife, dont think that because you have two kids for me i cant leave this marriage, i will leave and i will ensure i take responsibility of my children finances but for her, hell no

3 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Ilekokonit: 10:47am On Nov 28, 2019
Afodot0022:
I experienced it bro. when she had my first daughter she was not as terible as she now that she have the second child. to her, she felt is is established and there is noway you can put her away after having the second child. that how most ladies behove. they become demon after having their second issue.

Once a Nigerian woman has 2 kids for you, she no longer needs you and for starters she no longer enjoys sex anyway as the process of child birth and the self inflicted burning the "area" with hot water, herbs and dettol have meant the "area" has lost its sensitivity and as she no longer enjoys sex, she just allows you grudgingly and her main focus now are those 2 or more kids.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by rosalieene(f): 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2019
Afodot0022:
SEE OP... I TAKE GOD OR ANYTHING YOU SERVE BEG YOU, PLS LEAVE THAT LADY ALONE IF YOU DONT WANT TO WALLOW IN SADNESS AND SORROW ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE. LADY LIKE THAT WILL NEVER , I MEAN NEVER EVER CHANGE. THAT IS WHO SHE IS AND WHAT SHE WILL BE FOREVER . I MADE SUCH MISTAKE TO MARRY SUCH AND TODAY AM ALWAYS SORRY FOR MYSELF.YOU CAN IMAGINE WHEN YOU ALWAYS FEEL REGRET. I NEVER ENJOYED MY MARRIAGE WITH SUCH TOXIC AND DISRESPECTFUL WOMAN. SUCH WOMAN WILL ALWAYS BE DOMINATING,MANIPULATING AND DAM DISRESPECTUL EVEN TO THE EYES OF YOUR KIDS,FAMILY, NEIGBOURS AND CO. IT WAS WHEN I GOT MARRIED THAT PEOPLE START HEARING MY VOICE IN THE HOUSE. THEY KNEW ME AS AN EASY GOING AND GENTLE MAN BUT WHEN YOU MARRY THIS YOUR KIND OF WOMAN, YOU WILL BE TURNED INTO A BEAST COS SHE WILL DEFINATELY BRING OUT THE GOLDEN BEAST OUTA YOU. PLS DISCARD HER AND DONT LET HER DECEIVE YOU WITH YOU DONT LOVE ME STUFF.NA SO THEM DEY TALK..EMOTIONAL BLACKMAILING FORMAT. WHEN THE WAHALA COME, THAT LOVE WILL PASS WINDOW RUN AWAY. LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH TO MARRY A TOXIC WOMAN.NEVER. YOU WILL NEVER ENJOY HER AND ANYTIME YOU ARE SEEING HER, UNHAPPINESS AND DEPRESSION WILL JUST OVERWHELM YOU. PLS LISTEN TO THIS LITTLE ADVICE O. AM SUFFERING IT RIGHT NOW AND DONT KNOW WHEN ITS GOING TO END. I HOPE ONE DAY SHA.
so sorry about your ordeal with your wife.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by korban3134(m): 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2019
burggerx:
I'm not stupid man! The reason why I have stayed this long with her is that I don't know if the next person I will jump to would be worse, which I doubt

This reason does not help your argument bro.....just do the needful undecided
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by iRepNaija1: 6:01pm On Nov 28, 2019
eni4real:
Different analogy.. shocked

It really isn't.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2019
sacramento1212:

Is it very common with Edo Ladies?
yes oooooo
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Ilekokonit: 11:11am On Nov 29, 2019
Kaychiz:
We have a close family friend who is suffering from this problem right now and we pray daily that God will give him a miracle someday! As in, the guy is living with a hell-cat called wife. Funny thing is his father-in-law actually asked him severally before marriage if he was man enough to tame his daughter Becos they all knew the kind of person she was. But he was blinded by love!

Today it's from one problem to the other. The wife is just one devil who is never wrong! She's picked up a knife severally trying to stab him. And at other times she threatens to kill herself if things are not done her way. I've witnessed her drink deadly solutions just because her husband was trying to put his foot down on an issue. She blackmails him emotionally all the time thereby forcing him to do her bidding. The situation is really pathetic and the guy keeps regretting not heeding to the advice of all those who advised him against the marriage.

Your guy is playing with fire
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by litaninja(m): 8:27am On Nov 30, 2019
Lol.
Is there going to be some potion in the wedding cake or food that will infuse the spirit of respect in her?

burggerx:

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Burggerxbabe: 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2019
burggerx:
I guess you're a troll or maybe you probably share the same traits with my gf and you actually think it's your boyfriend that created this thread
I’m done with your stupid ass. Bleep you forever!!! Mama’s boy

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? / If We Are Dating & I Find Out You Play Sports Betting, It’s Over - Nigerian Lady / NIPOST Retiree Dies During Sex With 2 Teenage Girls In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.