Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,879 members, 7,813,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? (34775 Views)

Can My Disrespectful, Unsubmissive Boyfriend Change After Marriage? / My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner / An Advice On How To Deal With A Disrespectful Lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by burggerx: 7:43am On Nov 27, 2019
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Hypnotise: 7:48am On Nov 27, 2019
Can a leopard change it's spots

Op. That lady isn't meant for you. The two of you aren't in perfect synch. You cannot control or tame her.

308 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Ekejoestar(m): 7:57am On Nov 27, 2019
My guy, the truth of the matter is that any lady that won't respect you as a boyfriend will never respect you as a husband. Don't worry about her attitude, but worry about your future cos attitude is more important in a woman than beauty, a woman with bad attitude can never change even if you marry her later unless God touches her heart,.
You are even lucky that she showed you her true character, some ladies can cloak their character that when you later marry them, they will show you shege.... So my advice is that you run away from them... Cos they will never change

232 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by J4JUVENTUS(m): 7:58am On Nov 27, 2019
NO=NO. She will even kill you after marriage .

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by lilmax(m): 8:03am On Nov 27, 2019
If you go ahead with she will kill you, your mother, your children

She's a DAMAGED person

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:08am On Nov 27, 2019
Not possible.
0.0000099% probability.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by densiks: 8:16am On Nov 27, 2019
shocked

She has the capacity to murder you in your sleep by cutting off your manhood.

If that’s not enough to pass the message you’ve failed to give yourself, then I advise you to pay for your funeral first before marrying the fiery self conflicted feminist you’re involved with.

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by ebujany(m): 8:22am On Nov 27, 2019
This op is high on mensuration....the girl don use am confused new nna. So sad....no, marry her she will change once you put the ring on it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by AfroKnight: 8:39am On Nov 27, 2019
You want an honest opinion?

Break up, even if she changes today. In fact, especially if she changes. Such a change is transient by design. It cannot last.

This respect is really important to you, and it affects your mood. It is a deal breaker. So, dump her.

Stop dating feminists if you cannot stand them.

94 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by dominique(f): 8:51am On Nov 27, 2019
People learn from their past mistakes to better themselves. You should let her go but not without telling her why you're breaking up with her. That way, she can take lessons learnt from her failed relationship to improve herself in.the next one. It's never advisable to marry a person your parents(s) don't approve of

134 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by BareFacedLies(m): 8:54am On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to is to beat me

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid.

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with it. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect her if I marry her and I was like WFT!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

She will never change.

Ditch her as soon as you can if you want peace of mind in your marriage!

23 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Kobicove(m): 8:57am On Nov 27, 2019
Red flags are already up and you can see them so I suggest you bail out now.

You can't change an adult who's already set in her ways! undecided

34 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Cuccitini(m): 9:00am On Nov 27, 2019
Op the only advice I would give is dat a leopard can never change it spot nd remember u can take the gal out of a character but u can't take her character out of her

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by yusluvad(m): 9:25am On Nov 27, 2019
dominique:
People learn from their past mistakes to better themselves. You should let her go but not without telling her why you're breaking up with her. That way, she can take lessons learnt from her failed relationship to improve herself in.the next one. It's never advisable to marry a person your parents(s) don't approve of
Mama don talk.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by lyndaway(f): 9:26am On Nov 27, 2019
What you can't change in relationship or courtship you can never change in marriage

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by IamPlato(m): 9:35am On Nov 27, 2019
Many People Will Only Change When The Learn The Hard way

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by IamPlato(m): 9:41am On Nov 27, 2019
It Seems You Are Stupidly In Love with A Devil... I Could Not Even Finish Reading What You Wrote Because she Is Too Toxic To Read About. You Know What To Do Dont Ask Me...

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 27, 2019
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

12 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Martinez39(m): 9:47am On Nov 27, 2019
I have no pity for you. I have no pity for people who stupidly orchestrate their misery. If you don't know what to do, I cannot help you and nobody can. If your girlfriend can be like this and you haven't done the needful or don't know what you should do, then both of you deserve and belong to each other. grin
Stupidity is a curse that makes the stupid man potentially dangerous to himself and those around him. You are afflicted by this curse and the only cure is the singular act of fully using your brain. Start using your brain to think smart like an adult and get some boldness and spine. You are a weak and very stupid person.

120 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 27, 2019
Just like a girlfriend beating serial womanizer will not change, a disrespectful girlfriend will not change

End of story

20 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 27, 2019
People hardly change but yes she can pipe down. She can only pipe low for you when you show her you are the man. You will experience conflict during this period of trying to assert your authority. She will fight it but will finally succumb to you or she will run away from the relationship.
The only question is, is she worth that stress and headache? Is she worth keeping at all cost for you to experience strife during the power tussle? I will simply say you should let her go.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nickisindigo(m): 10:57am On Nov 27, 2019
you wee just die before your time

8 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Unpussified: 11:28am On Nov 27, 2019
Op she has everything no proper man wants in a woman. She is toxic, manipulative, abusive, domineering, disrespectful and not submissive. Whatever u going through now is child's play, in marriage it gets worse cos everything gets amplified. The only solution here is to walk away and never look back.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 27, 2019
No long story, she's only going to get worse.

5 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by burggerx: 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
Unpussified:
Op she has everything no proper man wants in a woman. She is toxic, manipulative, abusive, domineering, disrespectful and not submissive. Whatever u going through now is child's play, in marriage it gets worse cos everything gets amplified. The only solution here is to walk away and never look back.
That's exactly my plan bro... Marriage is not a child's play and I don't want to end up as a frustrated man.. The frustration in this country alone is enough to give one concern talk more of adding that of a miserable wife to it

I know there are several other guys in the same dilemma with me and I hope lalasticlala can give this post a wider audience

17 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by burggerx: 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2019
Martinez39:
I have no pity for you. I have no pity for people who stupidly orchestrate their misery. If you don't know what to do, I cannot help you and nobody can. If all your girlfriend can be like this and you haven't done the needful or don't know what you should do, then both of you deserve and belong to each other. grin
Stupidity is a curse that makes the stupid man potentially dangerous to himself and those around him. You are afflicted by this curse and the only cure is the singular act of fully using your brain. Start using your brain to think smart like an adult and get some boldness and spine. You are a weak and very stupid person.

I'm not stupid man! The reason why I have stayed this long with her is that I don't know if the next person I will jump to would be worse, which I doubt

12 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by hkidola00(m): 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2019
hmmm,after reading everything,well what can i say..
well op im in d same shiitt wit u,dis only happens when d girl is giving u different style in d closet.Your family will be complaining of her attitude,but d 48 styles shes giving u wont let u leave her...

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by skylegend(m): 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
I'm not stupid man! The reason why I have stayed this long with her is that I don't know if the next person I will jump to would be worse, which I doubt

only strong people that love being alone.

in this life if you are afraid to stay a long.

that makes you are weak.

and you will be taken advantage off

because you don't know your value

that is why she knows you are a man without options,so she treat you as bad as she want because she knows you don't have the courage to live without her..

you many think you love her

but love is never eoungh to keep two people together.

you need character

so stop acting like a pussy Niger

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by BlackfireX: 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
People don't change, they only rearrange, the more things change, the more they remain the same.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by iRepNaija1: 1:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
Regardless of the circumstances, you two don't seem compatible for each other. Moreover, I'm always suspect of a person who feels more than comfortable framing their partner as the perpetrator and themselves as the victim. OP, I highly doubt you're 100% blameless in this. Even the terminology you use toward your girlfriend is suspect.

9 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Phenomenal16(f): 2:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

...don't do sth..that will leave in perpetual regrets
2.keeping on playing with fire.. Ur eye go soon open...
Luv is blind marriage is d opener that will open ur blind eyes....

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Jaynom(m): 2:50pm On Nov 27, 2019
Nope NEVER! It will only get worse .. when she marries you her demons will be unleashed 100%

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Highest Paid Porn Actress In Nigeria-ajibola Elizabeth / Nigerians On Twitter List Hilarious Things They'll Do If Reborn As Opposite Sex / He Was Greatly Disapointed Afta 1st Intimacy Wit His New Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.