Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? (34911 Views)

Can My Disrespectful, Unsubmissive Boyfriend Change After Marriage? / My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner / An Advice On How To Deal With A Disrespectful Lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
Crazyblue:

If I may ask, Greater force such as?
Greater force is technically divorce.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Gazzy88(m): 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2019
Do not bring your relationship affairs here. Most users are teens that are yet to step into the deep waters of marriage. So any suggestion given here is mostly from shakushaku/indomie pikins dem. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2019
Crazyblue:

Giving what you get... Getting what you give... Equal forces rather than opposite forces.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
cheesy na wao is she a warri girl?

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by ashawopikin(m): 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

na dis kine post dey vex me, are u a man at all, s she d only girl or are u suffering from low self esteem? U are just a weakling, dats why she doesn't respect u, man up and dump her! ...except u want to die young
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2019
eni4real:
Feminists should learn from you..

You are seriously on point...

Another rare breed spotted shocked

Damn it this is where people get it all wrong!

Are you all equating submissiveness to respect?

Respect is a duty you owe to everyone and disrespectfulness which includes verbal insults and more are not what Feminism is all about.

On the other hand submissiveness for most feminist is a two way coin, they will submit to you as long as you do the same. But Just like some men over use power, some feminist too can get power drunk, but this no way mean a feminist is aggressive or rude or disrespectful. It's sickens me to see people just say bullshit about feminist because they have rude people around them.

Look at Chimamanda, I don't think I've ever seen her even raise her voice. She just ask for us to love and treat each other with same respect
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by babyfaceafrica: 7:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
Laeroy:
Well @ O. P I'M just like your girlfriend, I'm everything you described her to be, in fact in the first 3 years of my marriage, I fought (verbally) dirty in my marriage but just that I got better when I began to birth children, Truly marriage changed my perception of so many things,.

And yes a leopard can't change its spots ooo, but a leopard can mindfully change its internal spots little by little, my marriage is 5 years ooo, and I'm still madly in love with my hubby...

So what I'm trying to say is, for my sake, give people like me a chance, we also deserve to be happy, married and have a family of our own... Chikena

maybe,but not everyone can survive that three years of hell ,HBP and stroke is real!!..so please pity gentle and nice men too

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by burggerx: 7:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
iRepNaija1:
Regardless of the circumstances, you two don't seem compatible for each other. Moreover, I'm always suspect of a person who feels more than comfortable framing their partner as the perpetrator and themselves as the victim. OP, I highly doubt you're 100% blameless in this. Even the terminology you use toward your girlfriend is suspect.
I never said I'm blameless. I have my own flaws too but certainly not rudeness, pomposity, arrogance or disrespecting her family during heated arguments
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Angelacruz: 7:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
She will not change.Sorry
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
uncle005:
Greater force is technically divorce.

I have a feeling he is implying violence, I could be wrong though
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Originalsly: 7:12pm On Nov 27, 2019
Marry her....she will change.... that I can guarantee you. For the better or worse I can't say for sure... but if I were a betting man.... I'll bet heavy on change for the worse.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by TRIGITIS: 7:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
Wow, hmm
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by ashawopikin(m): 7:15pm On Nov 27, 2019
dominique:
People learn from their past mistakes to better themselves. You should let her go but not without telling her why you're breaking up with her. That way, she can take lessons learnt from her failed relationship to improve herself in.the next one. It's never advisable to marry a person your parents(s) don't approve of
end of discussion, oshey! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by burggerx: 7:18pm On Nov 27, 2019
newdawn2017:
Ok. Now my dear Please disengage, & completely disassociate from her, her personality is toxic, u re doing damage to urself emotionally, mentally & phycologically should u continue. Dis is a an abusive woman who knows how to put up a very good show when u both go outside to win d admiration of onlookers, vwhile only u know & see first-hand her true colors. U re trauma bonded with her. As u re addicted to d emotional rollercoaster she puts u through. Should u stay in such pains, ur body organs will beging to fail, cramps in ur stomach, ur kidneys, pains on ur spine.
The reason why I even created this thread is because I'm beginning to suffer for the trauma. I'm becoming sad day by day compared to the way I used to be
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
Crazyblue:

Damn it this is where people get it all wrong!

Are you all equating submissiveness to respect?

Respect is a duty you owe to everyone and disrespectfulness which includes verbal insults and more are not what Feminism is all about.

On the other hand submissiveness for most feminist is a two way coin, they will submit to you as long as you do the same. But Just like some men over use power, some feminist too can get power drunk, but this no way mean a feminist is aggressive or rude or disrespectful. It's sickens me to see people just say bullshit about feminist because they have rude people around them.

Look at Chimamanda, I don't think I've ever seen her even raise her voice. She just ask for us to love and treat each other with same respect
The hallmark of Chimamanda is her intelligence not just her belief in feminism.. She was known for her stuff, feminism is just an icing on the cake..

But some ladies live for feminism.. Such ladies are more of misandrist.. Everything is a gender war to them... I don't expect such ladies to respect or submit to the man that paid their bride price!!

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
Crazyblue:

A stronger temperament, strong discipline and unyielding personality of a man that should tame a lady of such explosive personality shocked

OP don't have that.. He is a cool guy!!!
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by vickydevoka(m): 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2019
The only thing a fine gal respects is money. O. p do u have money? U might be a fine boy
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Drenix(m): 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2019
I had to leave one babe that I was Considering to take serious cause of disrespectful nature. She talks with no manners. We went out and an issue came up, wat I heard was that. If not dat I have ordered 4 some stuffs she would have left. Mehn day word shocked me. After d whole saga. We went out Separate ways. Weda she dey alive or not. I don't even.know. my dear see dis life I can come n kee my self cause of anybody o

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by burggerx: 7:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
eni4real:
A stronger temperament, strong discipline and unyielding personality of a man that should tame a lady of such explosive personality shocked

OP don't have that.. He is a cool guy!!!
The truth is that I don't have explosive personality.. If I do, I would have been beaten her quite a few number of times considering the level she has frustrated me to

The reason why I need to go in search of a lady who I can handle with my gentleman personality
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
The truth is that I don't have explosive personality.. If I do, I would have been beaten her quite a few number of times considering the level she has frustrated me to

The reason why I need to go in search of a lady who I can handle with my gentleman personality
Never change your personality to accommodate a lady...

Let her go.. She will meet her match..

You will meet your type too..
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by MzTunechi(f): 7:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
eni4real:
From frying pan to — grin
to a still water relationship
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
Oh my God, I actually thought it was me who wrote this! This is the exact kind of relationship I am or was in...I don’t even know again sef. You just described the situation I’m currently in.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Todaynews2020: 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
never
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by danot1030: 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

Maybe she will change after many years but don't expect it early or absolute.

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by ShegzyB: 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
Person wey dem warn burn wey dey rob petrol for him own body...... Guy dont break up leave this girl.....dont bother running...FFLLEEEEEE....
Plenty people don talk but my broda..... i can tell you that nothing damages a man quicker with a lasting effect like the mouth of a disrespectful and unsubmissive wife. You will curse the day you were born. You will ask God what sin you committed to receive the punishment of a wife like this. Run when you still can.
if you enter, pikin come enter.....dictionary no get enough words to explain MISERABLE.....

RUN WHEN YOU STILL can.....there are tonnes of beauty+Brain+loyalty+respectful out the...... shun trophy wife

3 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2019
MzTunechi:
to a still water relationship
You are very sure of your qualities..
Nice!! cool

I don't understand the meaning of 'still water' tho shocked
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Laeroy(f): 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

maybe,but not everyone can survive that three years of hell ,HBP and stroke is real!!..so please pity gentle and nice men too

You're right though... I'm just pleading on her behalf noni... COS as aggressive and temperamental that I could be, I'm not physically destructive, those people saying he could wake up dead someday are just lying, people like us are just too egoistic and will not settle for anything contrary....and like I said earlier, Childbirth re-birth me a bit and deep down in me, my husband is my ultimate hero, though he doesn't know this.... I can do not anything and as much die for him. Believe

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by extremelygolden: 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:

Even Mama Churchhill would've warned him also, but he said "no mama, she'll change". Did she change? No, she only got worse.

Gentleman, listen to your mother!

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Laeroy(f): 8:07pm On Nov 27, 2019
eni4real:
You are not like that lady...
3 years with that lady will cause family unrest and many bottled mental stress in this soft man..

Did your husband's mum disapprove you?? I am sure the answer is No..

The lady in question is toxic and temperamental more that you were...

Her type needs a man that can tame her by using a greater force which the Op does not have..

That is how she will be happy too!! cool

Except I do not understand English language again ooo, I am/was a perfect example of what he described..

And no his mother - in law is late,
Also prior to our wedding, I wasn't visiting like every other girl will to his family members, I visited his family just once and that was it, although his siblings visited his own place and I wasn't too friendly, what I'm saying in essence is I was me before and after the wedding...

I can't say so many things here about me, however I hope u do get the message that people like us also deserve a good chance at love..

My husband today is my hero ooo, a rare gem that I can give him my life but he sure doesn't know this.....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Caught My Friend's Girlfriend With Another Man: To Tell Or Not To Tell / Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) / Abuja Sex Workers: Why We Prefer Married Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.