Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? (34914 Views)

Can My Disrespectful, Unsubmissive Boyfriend Change After Marriage? / My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner / An Advice On How To Deal With A Disrespectful Lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by BBBmall25: 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
My Bro Pls Don't Try It!
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by DedeNkem: 5:58pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

You have made the right decision already. Follow it through!

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by armadeo(m): 5:58pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

Oga. Sorry to say you dont have sense.

Dats all.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
Yes she does but humility is far from her
Respect and Character is the chief of all qualities..

Don't waste your bride price and entire life on her!!!

Let go of her..

She will do well with another man of similar attributes!!
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
Yakzo:
If you are a rehabilitation facility then you can go ahead and marry her. But don't come back to this forum to whine and tell stories that touch hearts.
grin grin
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by obarinde8(m): 6:02pm On Nov 27, 2019
yes he can change at any time
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Laeroy(f): 6:02pm On Nov 27, 2019
Well @ O. P I'M just like your girlfriend, I'm everything you described her to be, in fact in the first 3 years of my marriage, I fought (verbally) dirty in my marriage but just that I got better when I began to birth children, Truly marriage changed my perception of so many things,.

And yes a leopard can't change its spots ooo, but a leopard can mindfully change its internal spots little by little, my marriage is 5 years ooo, and I'm still madly in love with my hubby...

So what I'm trying to say is, for my sake, give people like me a chance, we also deserve to be happy, married and have a family of our own... Chikena

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by obarinde8(m): 6:02pm On Nov 27, 2019
obarinde8:
yes he can change at any time
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
darealbabe:
If a woman can not and has chosen not to respect you, wetin you gain??
Personally, I can't marry a man I don't respect.
A woman can't respect a man she doesn't trust. But brother eh, since you know this, why you still dey ask?
A relationship will thrive only when the people involved respect each other! There's no shortcut.
I have called off relationships, simply because I felt I didn't respect the man enough. I knew there was nothing interesting to look forward to and I can't stand a weak man who allows anybody to treat him anyhow. Regardless of who the person is. Mba!
These guys loved me, but I didn't trust them. I didn't trust their word. I didn't respect them. I struggled to respect them.
Not until I met my fiance who commanded my respect. No, he is not abusive yet he doesn't take shit from me. He has his way of keeping me in check. A man should be able to be in charge.
There are times we act as equals, and there are times I accord him the full respect as a leader.
When a woman does not respect you, you lose your self worth as a man and become a doormat.
Never give room for a woman to put you down. Start by respecting yourself and being open to your woman about what respect means to you. You guys should talk about how you want the other person to treat you.
A woman who does not respect you will cheat on you without remorse.
A woman who does not respect you will leave you miserable.
The worst is some will stick to you because of indecision and subject you to a sticky ball of mess...
A man should learn to assert himself as a MAN! I don't mean he should become a bully. I mean he should become a MAN!
Feminists should learn from you..

You are seriously on point...

Another rare breed spotted shocked
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Lessel: 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
Please, run for your dear life. It will get worse after marriage. Act now and thank me later.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by obillyj(f): 6:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
Firstly my brother, she will never change after marriage but will get worst. If she doesn't change now forget about it. You are in for a bigger drama.
Secondly, I see a lady that grew up in an abusive home. A lady that probably watch both parents abusive, disrespect each other. I see a child that vowed not to let any man ride on her.
Sit her down and ask her about her upbringing, her parents, what was growing up years like? Was d mother submissive to d father? What was her environment like? It could be some other neigbours she watched while growing up etc. Your girl needs help(counselling and prayers) until that happens pls do not go into marriage with her.
Everything is not about feminism. Some are as a result of influences during childhood. If I watched my dad abusive my mum as a child, 2 things will happen. I either vow not to allow a man abuse me by fighting back or I vow to be d boss in the home. So don't rush to condemn anyone, upbringing plays a vital role in how people turn out in their relationships.
I have a cousin with 2girls(5 & 4yrs), almost everyday these children watch n hear their parents abusive each other n neigbhours. They hear their mum use words like "thunder fire you" on her younger brother whenever they have issue. Now tell me how these girls relationships with a man will turn out if someone does not rewire their minds early enough?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
My God bless you my sister

The thing is that, I saw this things clearly with my two naked eyes when the relationship started newly but I thought it was a minor thing that could be corrected. But right as I speak, instead of it to get better, it's getting worse

My ears were blocked when my family observed her and predicted her to be a potential problematic wife but now I'm beginning to see the truth in it.. For someone to even disrespect my family whom I hold in high regard during a heated argument speak volume of the hell I'm going to face with her as a wife
How long have you guys been dating??

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nwaonyishi69: 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2019
Run for your life, now that you found out early enough. A proud woman is like a consuming fire that cannot be conquered by love, parents, husband nor wealth. It is a terminal ailment that cannot be managed by any known drug, so whoever becomes her victim will suffer assault, from oppressive control and neglect, before his lifeless remains will be emboweled the womb of mother earth by pitying but helpless sympathisers; if one ever fail to find out early enough to escape from this marriage of unequal yokes from interests and natural inclinations.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2019
NO!
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by joe120120(m): 6:06pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:

No way
she can't change
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2019
Burggerxbabe:
Hey baby you forgot to mention how you keep cheating and beating me each time you go out and get drunk. I’ve lost count really . You are here calling all sorts of names but you are actually the abuser, disrespectful and manipulative boyfriend. Break up with me already if all these things are true. What do you expect me to do when I catch you cheating, smile and hug you? Instead of you to work on yourself, you are here laying blames. Let’s see a relationship expert and work on the relationship but you always say No. How can a lady who you treat as a queen disrespect you? Please answer my question!

Why not leave the relationship. Seems he want out a long time but u have been clingy. His family don't want u. He also believes them and only come here for validation.
He is not the only man out there. Haba!
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nwaonyishi69: 6:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
You are a thoroughly lady. May God bless you and your likes. quote author=eni4real post=84419163] Feminists should learn from you..

You are seriously on point...

Another rare breed spotted shocked[/quote]
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by hustla(m): 6:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:

LMAOOOOOOOOOO
Like say marriage na brain resetting mechanism

Better listen to your mom and Japa
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by blesoh(f): 6:15pm On Nov 27, 2019
She can only get worst, this is the only time to hide her character while still single
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by isaacprinz(m): 6:18pm On Nov 27, 2019
Walk away gently my brother undecided
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 27, 2019
Laeroy:
Well @ O. P I'M just like your girlfriend, I'm everything you described her to be, in fact in the first 3 years of my marriage, I fought (verbally) dirty in my marriage but just that I got better when I began to birth children, Truly marriage changed my perception of so many things,.

And yes a leopard can't change its spots ooo, but a leopard can mindfully change its internal spots little by little, my marriage is 5 years ooo, and I'm still madly in love with my hubby...

So what I'm trying to say is, for my sake, give people like me a chance, we also deserve to be happy, married and have a family of our own... Chikena
You are not like that lady...
3 years with that lady will cause family unrest and many bottled mental stress in this soft man..

Did your husband's mum disapprove you?? I am sure the answer is No..

The lady in question is toxic and temperamental more that you were...

Her type needs a man that can tame her by using a greater force which the Op does not have..

That is how she will be happy too!! cool

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
Nwaonyishi69:
Run for your life, now that you found out early enough. A proud woman is like a consuming fire that cannot be conquered by love, parents, husband nor wealth. It is a terminal ailment that cannot be managed by any known drug, so whoever becomes her victim will suffer assault, from oppressive control and neglect, before his lifeless remains will be emboweled the womb of mother earth by pitying but helpless sympathisers; if one ever fail to find out early enough to escape from this marriage of unequal yokes from interests and natural inclinations.
This sound like a textbook shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Bigseven(m): 6:21pm On Nov 27, 2019
Just like asking leopard to change spots on its skin!
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by newdawn2017(f): 6:25pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
No I don't have a low self esteem. Let me just say I refused to let go probably because of her beauty and the thrill of people being envious of us when we are both walking together. Only if they know the heating I'm facing dating the pretty lady they envy
Ok. Now my dear Please disengage, & completely disassociate from her, her personality is toxic, u re doing damage to urself emotionally, mentally & phycologically should u continue. Dis is a an abusive woman who knows how to put up a very good show when u both go outside to win d admiration of onlookers, vwhile only u know & see first-hand her true colors. U re trauma bonded with her. As u re addicted to d emotional rollercoaster she puts u through. Should u stay in such pains, ur body organs will beging to fail, cramps in ur stomach, ur kidneys, pains on ur spine.

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by bixton(m): 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
I haven't tried doing what you just said but she doesn't wash my clothes.. I do that myself

She has only done that only on a rare occasion and she has made it clear to me that she's not a slave. Only my younger sister comes around during weekend to wash the clothes I wore to office for the week. My girlfriend doesn't do that when she comes around

If you certainly know, deep down in you that you can't control your girlfriend, can't put her in checks and she does not listen to you of which she waves your talks with her hands..........

Just know she's certainly not your kind of woman you'll want to make a wife.

Boy-Girl friendship-relationship is quite different from marriage.
You certainly don't want to be grumbling and mumurming to yourself after marriage.

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 27, 2019
eni4real:

Nice theory!!

Most Feminists have insatiable appetite for hating men.. The problem with Feminists is that, you can't please them. You can't be fair enough.. Everything is gender based to them...

One even say kneeling on traditional wedding day is barbaric and demand that her husband to be canceled it... undecided

If someone hate men, that person just hate men, and that's got nothing to do with feminism. Yes! There is the power tussle sometimes but this can be a healthy thing if both partners can understand each other.

A whole lot of our traditional practice are Androcentric and sexist, do not blame a woman who wants to be treated fairly to oppose some of them.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
I am passing through similar thing now, i saw it coming but thinking the mitigation that i will put in place will restore the sanity, it did not work.

The only solution i employed was to temporary make myself a deaf man, mind my business, concentrating on my work, make money and enjoy myself with or without her.

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by brookz: 6:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
At the end, it all ball down to this.

Change or No change!

1 Share

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
eni4real:
You are not like that lady...
3 years with that lady will cause family unrest and many bottled mental stress in this soft man..

Did your husband's mum disapprove you?? I am sure the answer is No..

The lady in question is toxic and temperamental more that you were...

Her type needs a man that can tame her by using a greater force which the Op does not have..

That is how she will be happy too!! cool

If I may ask, Greater force such as?
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by koffsman(m): 6:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
Why in GOD'S name will you even consider marriage with her sure she will start by beating your mum before stabbing u
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by freethesheeple(m): 6:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:

women dont change after marriage..Its a scam just like Apc did to nigerians..
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2019
Burggerxbabe:
Hey baby you forgot to mention how you keep cheating and beating me each time you go out and get drunk. I’ve lost count really . You are here calling all sorts of names but you are actually the abuser, disrespectful and manipulative boyfriend. Break up with me already if all these things are true. What do you expect me to do when I catch you cheating, smile and hug you? Instead of you to work on yourself, you are here laying blames. Let’s see a relationship expert and work on the relationship but you always say No. How can a lady who you treat as a queen disrespect you? Please answer my question!

I guess you and op suit each other... You allowed him to do all this to you and you stayed, and he allowed you to do all that to him and he stayed. Perfect pair. Please stay together for the sake of the other sane and single people around. Thank you in advance smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

I Caught My Friend's Girlfriend With Another Man: To Tell Or Not To Tell / Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) / Abuja Sex Workers: Why We Prefer Married Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.