Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? (34928 Views)

Can My Disrespectful, Unsubmissive Boyfriend Change After Marriage? / My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner / An Advice On How To Deal With A Disrespectful Lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
No man has ever insulted my family and then layed next to me. You can insult me all you like but 1 wrong word about my family (my family is respected and they know how to mind their own business) then a divorce, a break up and a broken jaw is on the cards for him.

Disrespectful people should find their mates and leave the rest of us out of it.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by sacramento1212: 5:31pm On Nov 27, 2019
Shugargal:
There's possibility of that but am talking base on experience and the ones am very sure of.those characters are pure cancer,Manipulative,disrespectful,abusive,cunny,toxic in fact will make you feel guilty of his own own wrongs.

Well, Cancer may have those qualities but in Horoscope, you have to look at the aspect of Zodiac sign compatibility. Some signs do not match and if it turns out that an unmatched sign is with a Cancer, there might be a problem. The same Cancer that you mentioned will be compatible with another sign and those negatives wouldn't manifest.

It's all about the compatibility in Horoscope elements such as Fire, Air, water, etc
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by TheRedpillguy: 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2019
Phenomenal16:
...don't do sth..that will leave in perpetual regrets
2.keeping on playing with fire.. Ur eye go soon open...
Luv is blind marriage is d opener that will open ur blind eyes....
Maybe I didt read it right.
Why will you let a bitch talk back at your parents? Is she crazy?
Why is this dude talking about this?
He should have kicked that bitch out yesterday
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
She's so stubborn and always want to control me. Each time I talk about her bad attitude which is not something I can't easily overlook, she begins to argue and tells me no relationship is perfect

Even if no relationship is perfect, is about condoning a lady who has the tendency to disrespect both me and my parents?

I come from a humble background but she's just the opposite of that
Cool guy...

Go and marry your type..

That girl isn't yours..

Unlike characters attract?? Not in this case!!!

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by haryorbarmie83(m): 5:35pm On Nov 27, 2019
This is directly to me chai. I have learn.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by burggerx: 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2019
Burggerxbabe:
Hey baby you forgot to mention how you keep cheating and beating me each time you go out and get drunk. I’ve lost count really . You are here calling all sorts of names but you are actually the abuser, disrespectful and manipulative boyfriend. Break up with me already if all these things are true. What do you expect me to do when I catch you cheating, smile and hug you? Instead of you to work on yourself, you are here laying blames. Let’s see a relationship expert and work on the relationship but you always say No. How can a lady who you treat as a queen disrespect you? Please answer my question!
I guess you're a troll or maybe you probably share the same traits with my gf and you actually think it's your boyfriend that created this thread
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
No I don't have a low self esteem. Let me just say I refused to let go probably because of her beauty and the thrill of people being envious of us when we are both walking together. Only if they know the heating I'm facing dating the pretty lady they envy
I am sure she has a lot of good qualities... But she lacks the most important one..

Let go of her...

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by NarnieSnyper(m): 5:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
Just like Corey Hawkins (Dr. Dre) said in the movie "Straight Outta Compton". "You can't put a price tag on peace of mind". I broke up with my ex because of her bad character; She's bossy, rude and full of pride because she's very pretty with a banging body (fvckboys always at her feet). The day I dropped the " break up " bomb on her after several warnings from my side, she shock that day. She never believed she can be dumped.
Peace of Mind is priceless, brah. You just dodged a nuclear bomb because bullet wouldn't fit into that context. Cheers to Peace of Mind

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 27, 2019
MzTunechi:
Try me! Where do you stay?
From frying pan to — grin
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Shugargal(f): 5:39pm On Nov 27, 2019
sacramento1212:

Well, Cancer may have those qualities but in Horoscope, you have to look at the aspect of Zodiac sign compatibility. Some signs do not match and if it turns out that an unmatched sign is with a Cancer, there might be a problem. The same Cancer that you mentioned will be compatible with another sign and those negatives wouldn't manifest.

It's all about the compatibility in Horoscope elements such as Fire, Air, water, etc
True but I don't really wanna go in talking about the compatibility.just want you to know that our zodiac sign gat alot to do with our characters.more reason you see some imperfections in humans that is very difficult for them to change.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2019
sassysure:

The husband is a sissie grin
Believe me, she will succumb when she meet her match.
They always go for whom they can control.
So also some men. They keep on messing up because their women are super gentle.
If they meet their match, las las six feet will settle am for them.
Marriage is war now shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by HOB777(m): 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
Had it been I have my story written anywhere I would have said the OP copied me. This is just a replica of my relationship challenge and I still don't know why I love this girl till tomorrow.

At the least of any misunderstanding what comes out of her mind would always baffles me and made my question any act of love or gesture she ever proclaimed to me.

I've been told directly or indirectly to free this girl but I failed. Even when she broke up with me I still went begging like my existence depends on the relationship.

I wish and pray I have the courage to let go of her, but , foolish me still crave for her love that seems not existing and hoping to settle down with her.

I needed prayer and proven psychological strategies that can set me free of this prison not abuses.

A WISE COUNSEL WOULD BE CHERISHED

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by chukel(m): 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

nna jee kpata ego. Go and make money.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Shugargal(f): 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
NarnieSnyper:
Just like Corey Hawkins (Dr. Dre) said in the movie "Straight Outta Compton". "You can't put a price tag on peace of mind". I broke up with my ex because of her bad character; She's bossy, rude and full of pride because she's very pretty with a banging body (fvckboys always at her feet). The day I dropped the " break up " bomb on her after several warnings from my side, she shock that day. She never believed she can be dumped.
Peace of Mind is priceless, brah. You just dodged a nuclear bomb because bullet wouldn't fit into that context. Cheers to Peace of Mind
Perfect! peace of mind is bae...
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
She's intelligent, a motivator and a career driven lady which are good traits almost every man wants in a woman but the fear that she will cause separation between me and my family scares the hell out of me

Mom and younger sister have both observed my girlfriend to the extent that they predicted that my house will be out of bound for them if I eventually marry the lady. The first time they predicted it, I thought maybe it's because they don't like her but her actions and behaviour has been pointing towards their prediction
Your eyes will clear the day she verbally abuse your mum...

Let go of her...

She is not your type undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by sacramento1212: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
Shugargal:
True but I don't really wanna go in talking about the compatibility.just want you to know that our zodiac sign gat alot to do with our characters.more reason you see some imperfections in humans that is very difficult for them to change.

Okay, no problem.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by olaswim: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
It's possible if she go through marriage counseling that's if both of you are christians....
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
sacramento1212:

Well, every individual (man or woman) have their good and bad sides. It's only when the bad supercedes the good that it happens to be an issue. I don't know details as per what you have faced over time with this lady but the truth is that some of these negative qualities can be worked on if it's spiritually manipulated except if it's something she grew with due to toxic environment.

I've in the past been in a similar relationship with bad character and disrespect. I also guess your lady has anger issues? Well, if you have checked and you cannot live with such, then the choice would be yours alone.

Compatibility between the both of you should be physical and Spiritual. If not, there would be a problem.
Bros, his mum has said it all.. That lady needs a crazier guy not the Op..

It is a straightforward case undecided

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
eni4real:
Marriage is war now shocked shocked shocked shocked
Did u see war in the post undecided
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
SarkinYarki:

The bible has addressed this in Proverb 21:9 Better to live on the corner of a roof than to share a house with a nagging wife

Be guided please
Hmmmn cool

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by MilkANDpepper: 5:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

Funny man. Your mum has sat you down 3 times and you are still asking us. You dey find person mouth abi?
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Skepticus: 5:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
I'm not stupid man! The reason why I have stayed this long with her is that I don't know if the next person I will jump to would be worse, which I doubt

Look, young man!

Women read subtle clues and understand each other better than most men would notice. Your mum gave you the best of advice except you are a stupid kid. It's clear, she is aggressive, toxic and manipulative. You won't live long keeping her. Trust me.

There is nothing like a soul mate. Don't let all that Disney bullshît mess with your head.

Feel free to date other women and cut the bîtch loose when you find out that she is toxic.

You sound too soft for a man. Women would take advantage of you.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
Nnemuka:
mumu grin grin
The fact that u think feminists are disrespectful speaks volume of the type of man u are.
You deserve that girl
He will disappoint you!! grin
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Shugargal(f): 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2019
HOB777:
Had it been I have my story written anywhere I would have said the OP copied me. This is just a replica of my relationship challenge and I still don't know why I love this girl till tomorrow.

At the least of any misunderstanding what comes out of her mind would always baffles me and made my question any act of love or gesture she ever proclaimed to me.

I've been told directly or indirectly to free this girl but I failed. Even when she broke up with me I still went begging like my existence depends on the relationship.

I wish and pray I have the courage to let go of her, but , foolish me still crave for her love that seems not existing and hoping to settle down with her.

I needed prayer and proven psychological strategies that can set me free of this prison not abuses.

Bro you better use water wash your face. you be man oo not like us women that will continue to cry over a spilt milk. she's already taking advantage of you in case you don't know. man up and stay clear and watch what she will do next.she intentionally broke up with you because she knows you will come begging so she continue to manipulate you.

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Bsharp: 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2019
I had to come out of my "read only" mode to do this for you OP and I'm gonna say it quick.

Break up with that girl as soon as possible if you want peace of mind. If you meet the next woman and that one also displays similar characteristics, dump her. You keep doing that till you find a sane woman to marry.

Better to tarry, marry right and live long than marry early and die young.

7 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by burggerx: 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2019
eni4real:
I am sure she has a lot of good qualities... But she lacks the most important one..

Let go of her...
Yes she does but humility is far from her
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
frozen70:

Since the colour of the red flag is not bright enough for you to see and believe that the boat you want to sail is having two captains

That means, it will capsid and guess what, you will get drawn and she will move on to the shore.
Either by swimming or by rescue

Pls what's so special about this lady that you still kept her with you ❓

Character, zero, what again do you think you can use to replace it ❓

No matter how well built she is,
No matter her beauty
No matter her class

When her attitude matures beyond taming, those attractions become useless

You tied up your love to her that's why you don't even know how or where to start from

Guy, am a woman but for a woman to process all you just mentioned if your are being sincere

Just walk away pls
Blessed are you oo.
Good comment!!

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by sulakishop(m): 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
Do you know that even if leopard hair is shaved, the spots remain on the skin? grin grin cheesy

Hypnotise:
Can a leopard change it's spots

Op. That lady isn't meant for you. The two of you aren't in perfect synch. You cannot control or tame her.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by burggerx: 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2019
HOB777:

Same with me bro.. There's no one I come out plain to about girlfriend's attitude that they don't discourage me

She has other good sides but this flaws of hers is disastrous. It's a marriage wrecker and that was why I opened this thread to hear the views of others

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2019
Crazyblue:
You guys say Feminism and jump to a disrespectful person.

A feminist only ask to get the same respect they diss out. Asking to be treated equally as you treat a guy and having the pride not to settle for less is tag disrespectful?

Men!
Nice theory!!

Most Feminists have insatiable appetite for hating men.. The problem with Feminists is that, you can't please them. You can't be fair enough.. Everything is gender based to them...

One even say kneeling on traditional wedding day is barbaric and demand that her husband to be canceled it... undecided
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
Burggerxbabe:
Hey baby you forgot to mention how you keep cheating and beating me each time you go out and get drunk. I’ve lost count really . You are here calling all sorts of names but you are actually the abuser, disrespectful and manipulative boyfriend. Break up with me already if all these things are true. What do you expect me to do when I catch you cheating, smile and hug you? Instead of you to work on yourself, you are here laying blames. Let’s see a relationship expert and work on the relationship but you always say No. How can a lady who you treat as a queen disrespect you? Please answer my question!
Is this a kind of a joke?? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

What's Your Worst First Date Experience? / The Trend Of Public Proposal Amidst It's Dicey Nature / "If You Can't Give Your Girlfriend Money, Be Prepared To Share Her" - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.