Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,242 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here (48602 Views)

Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? / "No More Estimated Electricity Billing When I Become President'---tinubu / Do You Have Your March Electricity Bill Already (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by SciLab: 11:14am On Mar 14, 2020
This is why most of these DISCOs hate prepaid meter. They'll keep frustrating prepaid meter distribution till they milk Nigerians to death with their crazy estimated billing methods.

3 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Eaztzide: 11:15am On Mar 14, 2020
Mine was over N13K. Mind you, we haven't had light since January till now so I wonder where the bill came. If anything happens, this shit will go to court

3 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Onlyonebuhari: 11:16am On Mar 14, 2020
Slavery service.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by cbngov01(m): 11:16am On Mar 14, 2020
I have written IKEDC and copied FCCPC. despite the poor supply bill is on the increase. Let them give us prepaid and see hpw we get more light

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by COdeGenesis: 11:16am On Mar 14, 2020
Under16:
Have you been served this month's bill? If yes. Let's see how much. Reports reaching our ears says discos are doubling infact trippling the bills...for what na?

Last month it was announced that customers shouldn't pay more than expected, isn't? So why are the discos hiking the price of electricity this month?

This is an estimated billing for March amount was times 2 of the previous amount...for an area that can't boast of reasonable supply of electricity in a day. Which way Nigeria? Which way PHEDC? Exploitation! Robbing the masses!

Eko customers, Ikeja customers, Adamawa customers, Enugu customers etc how far? How much were you billed this March?

How many hours of light do you have in a day? Why did you hide your account no. Where do yiu live? Before you talk of exploitation let us know this details

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by COdeGenesis: 11:18am On Mar 14, 2020
Hrdst:
Ikeja electricity are crazy.
Can u imagine bill of 31k for just 2 bed flat. No AC oooo

Kukuma but gen run am for a month at 31k.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by bigpicture001: 11:19am On Mar 14, 2020
Under16:
Have you been served this month's bill? If yes. Let's see how much. Reports reaching our ears says discos are doubling infact trippling the bills...for what na?

Last month it was announced that customers shouldn't pay more than expected, isn't? So why are the discos hiking the price of electricity this month?

This is an estimated billing for March amount was times 2 of the previous amount...for an area that can't boast of reasonable supply of electricity in a day. Which way Nigeria? Which way PHEDC? Exploitation! Robbing the masses!

Eko customers, Ikeja customers, Adamawa customers, Enugu customers etc how far? How much were you billed this March?

Ur bill is only 17k....not much na

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by moscobabs(m): 11:20am On Mar 14, 2020
Just two bedroom flat

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 14, 2020
Make una go buy prepaid meter
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by cbngov01(m): 11:24am On Mar 14, 2020
COdeGenesis:

How many hours of light do you have in a day? Why did you hide your account no. Where do yiu live? Before you talk of exploitation let us know this details

Dear Analyst, I stay in Iyana Ipaja and barely have up to 2hours light a day except Friday and saturday ehich is total blackout since January. Kindly analyze sir

3 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 14, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Team prepaid metre. cheesy

Make I check.
I bought my prepaid metre with wire for 30k.Since then, i have no regrets. I can use #1500 unit for 2months. Though the unit reduced this month from 48 to 46unit.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Jaqenhghar: 11:28am On Mar 14, 2020
Paying for shít you dont get
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by mamaafrik(m): 11:32am On Mar 14, 2020
Nonso92:
Something that used to be 4K
make everyone get prepaid meter nioooo,they gave one of my church members bill of 36k,i con shock,a flat,ni a.c,not special energy consuming gadget,36k when she are not A factory .
She was giving testimony,i con wonder why,she said she clear her 36k electricity bill.
When you make mallam a minister of Power,
Oooooiiinnnh
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 14, 2020
Mine is N99,000 plus. Thank God it's a rented house so I just pay my flat rate of N3,500 every month

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Johnbosco1: 11:35am On Mar 14, 2020
Send an irate customer's email to the customer care of the electricity distribution you are under.
Copy complaints@nerc.gov.ng and info@nerc.gov.ng.
Also attach proofs (current and previous bills) if possible.

Don't worry, the email has no unique format. Just make sure you pour out your anger. Ranting is also encouraged.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by ojeshola: 11:36am On Mar 14, 2020
mine is 38k for a 3 bedroom flat

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Choski78(m): 11:38am On Mar 14, 2020
Sammy07:
Thank God for prepaid cool
the depts are huge

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by NWABUKA007(m): 11:39am On Mar 14, 2020
Suggest names and get paid

Squadhelp.com - Get hundreds of Crowdsourced name ideas for your startup! https://www.squadhelp.com/r/1062997
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by ayukdaboss(m): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2020
femmy2010:

Meaning you guys have not paid power bill in more than a year
N258,000 is too much a debt
Don’t mind them, they have not been paying any of their bills for more than a year

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Donniest22(m): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2020
I suffered the same thing
Untill i fought for my prepaid metre and now i'm happy

say no to estimate billing

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Mcslize: 11:41am On Mar 14, 2020
Temkem19312:
Thank God for prepaid meter oooo. I don't exhaust #4,000 worth of energy in a month, in an area with average of 12hrs supply in a day.
With appliances like freezer, fridge, water pumping machine. etc except A/C.
My previous estimated bill before I got the prepaid was between #13,000 to #15,000.

When did you get your prepaid and do you have any connection if one chooses to get it at the moment?
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by mungoparks: 11:41am On Mar 14, 2020
Before I pay nepa I make sure I go through shrine,the money is always taken from the shrine it’s a curse in nepa.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by ayukdaboss(m): 11:43am On Mar 14, 2020
Some of you here upload your two year debt after not paying any bills and post here making it look like that’s your current bill. I saw a monthly bill of 4K+ and a debt of over 50,000

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Mcslize: 11:43am On Mar 14, 2020
Olunmercy56:
Thank God that I bought the prepaid meter with my name grin grin I have been using #1000 credit since November last year.

I heard to get prepaid is a thug of war. How did you get yours?
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by vincentjk(m): 11:45am On Mar 14, 2020
I run a shop where building materials is sold and the only light I use is just my security light which I put on from 6pm-7am and my neighbour who sells provision without fridge, television or fan, just running his lowkey shop with one or two bulbs

And this was the last bill they brought to us lmao, we begged them 4k dem no gree naso we vex tell dem make dem come cut their light. for more than a year now I've no business with nepa at my shop and I'm okay like this. Thieves

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by nnamzy007(m): 11:45am On Mar 14, 2020
I thought the NERC directives took effect from 20th February 2020,if yes,then we should be expecting the changes to reflect against the April bills. The March bill y'all talking about is for the energy consumed in February.

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Kabir1808: 11:47am On Mar 14, 2020
Infact in my resident, IBEDC brought almost 20,000 for February bill whereas they brought 3,100 in January. I complained but was told it was the reading on the meter, I then asked why January bill was far lesser, I was told it was estimated. What I noticed is that the DISCOs want to put the burden of NERC sanction of not billing unmetered houses more than 1800 on the customers with meters. My advise is for all not to keep quiet on this issue or else all monthly salaries will be gulp by paying electricity not enjoyed but tag consumed. This country is hypocritical on its masses.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by hmohammed(m): 11:47am On Mar 14, 2020
dkdmy:
I just keep thinking, what would it cost the government to provide prepaid meters for everyone?
What kind of bad leadership do we have in this country?

What rubbish are you saying. It is now owned by the Discos and not Governments property. Government provided them with intervention funds thrice and nothing was done by the Discos
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Kabir1808: 11:48am On Mar 14, 2020
nnamzy007:
I thought the NERC directives took effect from 20th February 2020,if yes,then we should be expecting the changes to reflect against the April bills. The March bill y'all talking about is for the energy consumed in February.
Let's wait and see, April is around the corner
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by slex(m): 11:49am On Mar 14, 2020
Olunmercy56:

The company is refunding back the money used for the purchased of the meter back, I paid #1000, I was given #3000 worth credit grin cool cool

Wow. Nice
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Mcslize: 11:50am On Mar 14, 2020
OrangeDream:
I bought my prepaid metre with wire for 30k.Since then, i have no regrets. I can use #1500 unit for 2months. Though the unit reduced this month from 48 to 46unit.

Arrange one prepaid for me. I heard u can't get it without connection. How true is that?
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by femi4: 11:51am On Mar 14, 2020
Under16:

Its Feb billing not March. March never end now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Doyin Okupe Embarrasses GEJ On Twitter / Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) / Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.