Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Bomb Blast In Jos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast In Jos (21073 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / People In Jos Climb Mast Just To Listen To Buhari During Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by Faeb: 11:06pm On Dec 24, 2010
Ikwikwikwi:

mosques in the south must be targeted as well, Aba we go first

That is exactly what the bombers wish you to do. The cabal will use the confusion to attempt to sieze power and smash through the South.
Let govt take the lead instead and we egg them on to use max violence.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:06pm On Dec 24, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

You already know what I mean by next course of action. Why should Christians continue to turn the other cheek? I am getting tired of this.
Breathe, I know its frustrating lets watch and see.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2010
Faeb:

That is exactly what the bombers wish you to do. The cabal will use the confusion to attempt to sieze power and smash through the South.
Let govt take the lead instead and we egg them on to use max violence.
Good point, let us calm down and know what really happened.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by olabukola: 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2010
Ikwikwikwi:

mosques in the south must be targeted as well, Aba we go first
did they kill igbo's why must mosques be targeted in the south. what happends to forgiveness if at all its carried out by the muslims.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by OchiAgha2(m): 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2010
Christmas Eve Bomb blasts in Jos, Northern Nigeria

Two bomb blasts were just reported moments ago (Christmas eve) in Jos, Nigeria. Information reaching us revealed that the Car bomb went off at a public place around Angwan Rukuba and another bomb was set off around Kabong Primary School area all in Jos North Local Government Area, Nigeria many were reported dead and injured.

Also reported, few minutes ago, was fire set on Baptist Church Halamdari Gala Maiduguri and tension reported also at COCIN Church Sinimari Maiduguri.

Please pray for Nigeria as Jihadist Muslims continue to threaten peaceful co-existence in the country.  The situation is further complicated by an oncoming political transition and the using of intimidation and fear as a canvas for chaos.

Jesus knows all about our struggles and God sees all labours of His shepherds , especially in hostile territories amidst fierce wolves. Read previous blog post. “While shepherds watched their flocks by night, ”

His glory will shine even though the darkest nights. All is well. His love is still amazing and heals the hurts and wounds ,  even the emotional scars. I pray all affected will go to Jesus for His promised rest and comfort even as the rest of the world prays and acts as the spirit leads to support. Amen

Mark Lipdo jointly reports from Jos, Nigeria.

http://blogs.christianpost.com/christianlife/2010/12/christmas-eve-bomb-blasts-in-jos-northern-nigeria-24/

It has been confirmed!
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by ustazi: 11:09pm On Dec 24, 2010
People always forget fast, have you forgotten what happend on Sallah day at Dogon Karfe? (Islam means Peace).
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by hassymo5(m): 11:12pm On Dec 24, 2010
Dose Asking 4 confirmation 2 believe are not serious, i reside in jos that's exertly was happen, in my area two pple were shot dead by unknown lunatics on there way home around 7-8pm 2day. We heard 4 gun shots from an unknown destination. So guys it happen 4 real. Every body 4 my area dey out.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by Prince081: 11:15pm On Dec 24, 2010
@Ustazi,

Pls be specific, what really happenned on sallah day
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by Ikwikwikwi(m): 11:15pm On Dec 24, 2010
they have murdered sleep, they shall sleep no more, why on God earth must it be in a church and a Catholic Church for that matter? These idiots must be thought a lesson of their lives, some uncircumcised fools should get ready to marry seven virgins. Nonsense.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by xreal: 11:16pm On Dec 24, 2010
ustazi:

People always forget fast, have you forgotten what happend on Sallah day at Dogon Karfe? (Islam means Peace).
and what was it?
if I may ask.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by MrChyz: 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2010
olabukola:

did they kill igbo's why must mosques be targeted in the south. what happends to forgiveness if at all its carried out by the muslims.

Fuk forgiveness if you kill you shall be killed.Not every time these fake jihadist do something the christians should do the forgiving. Is God going to come down from heaven and punish the jihadist with his hands?No. That is what he has you for.To fight.I don't know why every year these people want to attack christians during their holy times.Anyways, how these people made bombs idk.I doubt it was regular citizens but politicians;however, the knuckle head civilians are still willing to carry killings out on the christians.What can nigeria do!
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by OchiAgha2(m): 11:18pm On Dec 24, 2010
Ikwikwikwi:

they have murdered sleep, they shall sleep no more, why on God earth must it be in a church and a Catholic Church for that matter? These idiots must be thought a lesson of their lives, some uncircumcised fools should get ready to marry seven virgins. Nonsense.

This is something I agree with you on. Not only did they attack a Christian church during Christmas Eve, they had the nerve to attack a Catholic Church. And I am a proud Catholic man. This is totally unforgivable. Lets leave tribal sentiment out of this, but I will add a religious sentiment, because this is a holy day for Christians all over the world. The days of turning the other cheek are over. Might makes right in Nigeria.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by olabukola: 11:19pm On Dec 24, 2010
ustazi:

Dont mind them. Always shouting muslims muslims muslims as if we are doing kidnappings in the south east.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:19pm On Dec 24, 2010
Another sources confirm it the twin bombs belongs to the church, they are part of what the church kept against their muslim brothers. and alot of weapons were found inside the church during rescue activities.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by OchiAgha2(m): 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2010
Newsflash!!! Bomb explosions in Jos
Written by Elombah.com    
Friday, 24 December 2010 19:53

There are reports of two separate bomb explosions in Jos this evening. Some army personnel in charge of internal security were also shot at and wounded. There is no confirmation yet as to what actually happened and who were behind it. about 10 copses have been reported from the blast and Jos University Teaching Hospital is reportedly still receiving casualties.

A message to elombah.com from a Jos resident simply said: 'Hi Dan. bomb blasts are now taking there turns in Jos city. About 2hours ago somewhere in Gada Biyu and Angwan Rukuba, parts of Jos city, about 10 copses have been reported from the blast and Jos University Teaching Hospital is reportedly still receiving casualties. This happen after text messages went round a week ago of plans to destabilize the state at christmas. What in your opinion could be the implication of such for the forthcoming elections in Jos and Nigeria as a whole?'

Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Chairman, Professor Attahiru Jega, has said high rate of insecurity in the country was threatening the overall success of the 2011 general elections. Noting that insecurity was the major problem of past elections in the country, the INEC boss said elections could not be successful in the country if the atmosphere was not peaceful for them to hold.

Jega, who raised the alarm on Thursday, in Abuja, during his visit to the headquarters of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), charged security agencies in the country to cooperate in assisting him to protect his men and materials as well as ensuring a peaceful atmosphere for the exercises. He added that they should be blamed if the 2011 general elections failed.

http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4767:newsflash-bomb-explosions-in-jos&catid=3:newsflash&Itemid=57
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by MrChyz: 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2010
olabukola:

Dont mind them. Always shouting muslims muslims muslims as if we are doing kidnappings in the south east.

You 2 are not the only muslims here.i just thought I'd let you know. wink
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2010
Abu-Maryam:

Another sources confirm it the twin bombs belongs to the church, they are part of what the church kept against their muslim brothers. and alot of weapons were found inside the church during rescue activities.  
This would be really shocking but wait why two bombs going off ?
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by olabukola: 11:25pm On Dec 24, 2010
Abu-Maryam:

You see shocked shocked shocked They stucked bombs to kill us and they have tested their own medicine(weapon). Long Live Muslims, long live our peace movement.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by oderemo(m): 11:25pm On Dec 24, 2010
Some ppl want to stoke the fire really bad knowing fully well the coming election is a fight for supremacy by the north.
Rip to the dead.
Guys this got nothing to do with religion,islam or xtian. Its the undertone of politics. 2011 here we come.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by MrChyz: 11:26pm On Dec 24, 2010
Abu-Maryam:

And it just so happens to go off on christmas eve .Bullshit! Anyways i see politics in it.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by Ikwikwikwi(m): 11:26pm On Dec 24, 2010
@ olabukola

How I wish I could reach you right now, you will be the first to reach hell tonight. fool

@ Abu-Maryam

You too
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by OchiAgha2(m): 11:27pm On Dec 24, 2010
Explosions rock Jos

• 20 killed, security beefed up
By RACHAEL AGUNTA and WOLE BALOGUN
Saturday, December 25, 2010

As Christians all over the world celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, residents of Jos, Plateau State, are in mourning, as no fewer than nine separate explosions rocked Gada Biu, Kabong and Angwa Rukuba area of the state yesterday, killing about 20 people.

Saturday Sun gathered that the bombs went off at about 7. 30 pm in quick succession and lasted till about 8.40pm, killing the victims and injuring score of others. The first explosion, from our findings, went off in front of a Catholic Church in the area, while subsequent explosions occurred a few kilometer to the police headquarters.
Sources revealed that bodies of the dead as well as those injured were taken to the Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH).

The state’s Commissioner of Police, Mr. Abdulrahman Akano, confirmed the incident but declined to give the number of casualties. However, a top police officer in the city revealed that he could only confirm seven dead victims at the time of this report.

Commander of the special task force in Jos, Brigadier General Hassan Umaru, also confirmed the explosion last night but declined to give details, as, according to him, he was rushing down to the explosions scenes.
Military sources told Saturday Sun that an unidentified group had sent out warning that it would take measures to ensure that Christmas was not celebrated in Plateau State.

Following the bomb explosion, security has been beefed up in the affected areas and the entire state capital. By last night, soldiers were deployed to the areas. Also, the areas have been cordoned off, with soldiers standing guard at major roads.
Fear has gripped the ancient tin city, with most of the residents holed up in their homes. Darkness has enveloped parts of the city, as a result of power outage.
Jos has suffered many explosions this year with so many lives lost.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/dec/25/national-25-12-2010-001.htm
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:30pm On Dec 24, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

This would be really shocking but wait why two bombs going off ?
Its a well arrange programme by the church to detonate the twin bombs at the eve of xmas to justify the killing of muslims in Jos, but the thing back fired.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:32pm On Dec 24, 2010
Ikwikwikwi:

@ olabukola

How I wish I could reach you right now, you will be the first to reach hell tonight. fool

@ Abu-Maryam

You too
Peace be upon you.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by 13volts(m): 11:34pm On Dec 24, 2010
we should not rush to any hasty conclution as regard the tribe or religion responsiable. Lets also explore other possibilities like the G 8 GROUp bend on inflamating the crisis in order to root out jang out of power
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by Ikwikwikwi(m): 11:34pm On Dec 24, 2010
pieces unto you
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by olabukola: 11:35pm On Dec 24, 2010
Abu-Maryam:

Peace be upon you.
Well said. Thats what Muslim portrays. Peace and Love.

Not conflict conflict conflict by ikwikwikwi and his christain brothers
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by kayswag100(m): 11:37pm On Dec 24, 2010
@abu maryam, try and act ur age and stop spreading deliberate falsehood. Only fools do dat(trust me)
The bone of contention hear is dat bombs have gone off on christmas eve and who on earth do d fingers point to?
Better cut d crap about d bombs belonging to d church. Liar from hell!
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by xreal: 11:37pm On Dec 24, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

Explosions rock Jos

• 20 killed, security beefed up
By RACHAEL AGUNTA and WOLE BALOGUN
Saturday, December 25, 2010

As Christians all over the world celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, residents of Jos, Plateau State, are in mourning, as no fewer than nine separate explosions rocked Gada Biu, Kabong and Angwa Rukuba area of the state yesterday, killing about 20 people.
?
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by rubenic(m): 11:38pm On Dec 24, 2010
You see Shocked Shocked Shocked They stucked bombs to kill us and they have tested their own medicine(weapon). Long Live Muslims, long live our peace movement.
you are a disgrace to the Yoruba race. how about that of gada biu,planted it against themselves too? don't say what u don't know
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by OchiAgha2(m): 11:38pm On Dec 24, 2010
xreal:

?

I think it is due to the time differential.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 24, 2010
Sorry ooo, God have mercy.

At the time that news was announced I could not find the evidence anywhere on the net.

But just got the latest from reuters 5 miuntes ago to confirm your story.

Very very sad.

This is not the work of Nigerians, this is an infiltration from terrorsists coming from Chad etc etc.

Explosion kills at least 5 in central Nigeria
Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:25pm GMT Print | Single Page [-] Text [+]
JOS, Nigeria Dec 24 (Reuters) - An explosion killed at least five people and wounded red dozens more in a village near the central Nigerian city of Jos on Friday, police said.

Abdulrahman Akano, Plateau state police commissioner, said five people were dead, while more were in a critical condition, after a bomb exploded in Gada Biu village on Friday evening.

The state information office said 20 people were killed in the explosions but police could not confirm this.

Hundreds of people died in religious and ethnic clashes at the start of the year in the "Middle Belt", the central region of Africa's most populous nation where the mostly-Muslim north meets the predominantly Christian south.

There have been localised outbreaks of violence since then.

The tension is rooted in decades of resentment between indigenous groups, mostly Christian or animist, who are vying for control of fertile farmlands and for economic and political power with migrants and settlers from the north.

President Goodluck Jonathan, a southerner, faces a challenge from former Vice President Atiku Abubakar for the ruling party nomination and some analysts fear unrest in the Middle Belt may be exploited by politicians during campaigning.

(Reporting by Shuaibu Mohammed; writing by Joe Brock; editing by Angus MacSwan)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigeria Police React To Shiite Protest In Abuja / Why Northern Emirs Admire Osinbajo By David Omoruyi / NSCIA Criticizes CAN, Provides List Of Justices, Their Religions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.