Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? (29916 Views)

Would You fvck A Married Woman, If Her. . . . . / Does A Man Have The Right To Hit A Woman When She Hits Him First? / What Should A Man Do When A Woman Hits Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2011
harakiri:

Everyday people keep screaming for equality. When a woman hits a man, she's regarded as the "weaker vessel" expressing her "emotions". When a man hits a woman, he's regarded as anything from bigfoot to Osama bin laden.

I believe there's an example of this anomaly i mentioned in a similar post but i'll repeat it once more :

There's a dude (not a close friend of mine though) that used to get hit all the time by his wife (currently ex-wife). At first, it started as little slaps,pushing and shoving whenever she didn't agree with his position on any argument they had. Withing three years of marriage, she had grown wings and bold to the extent of landing him multiple hot slaps at any given opportunity, even in public (she went as far as slapping him on the day of her younger sister's traditional marriage IN FULL VIEW OF EVERYONE! ! !). What was his offense at the time? Her relatives who she wasn't comfortable with where having some issues with her which was getting heated and when she got uncomfortable and wanted to leave, her husband who was engaged in an interesting discussion with other male members of the family wasn't ready to leave at the time and instead was trying to talk her into being patient and possibly making up with her angry relations. One thing led to the next and WHAM! WHAM! ! WHAM! ! ! Three hot slaps in quick succession. She could be bold enough to do this (being a lil tipsy at the time) because it was a "normal" occurrence in their house.

How many countless occasions did he try counselling through the church and family members? How many times did he miss going to work all because he's shirt was torn to shreds by his wife who also had him in a vice grib by the trousers? How many times did i personally see him with finger nail scratch marks on his face? And this was a guy who was a firm believer in the laws of chivalry : thou shalt not touch a woman no matter what. Well, one day she bit more than she could chew and the guy showed her that being a man is not just about having balls between the legs. He gave her an overdose of 3 years pent up rage and practically beat the BeJesus out of her. Right there and then, he decided to end the marriage.

My point is, any woman who dares hit a man should be ready to stomach the consequences (of punchiquences rather).

3 gbosas for this man abeg lol.

Mygoldie:

Lets get this straight cos i hate to argue something that's as plain and simple as this.

this is how it goes,when a woman hits a man,and the man hits back,the woman becomes sad and it shows the man doesn't love her,but when a woman hits a man and the man resist to hit back,the woman will feel bad and she'll go on her knees ''if possible'' to plead for forgiveness and she'll be so sorry and repentant.

I am not saying it is right for a woman to hit a man,but situation of this sort occurs on daily basis,so it is left for the man to take the light slap like a real man,or reciprocate like a mad man, end of!!!

Or she'll call him weak, efulefu, mumu, agbero, etc.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 22, 2011
Mygoldie:

I am not saying it is right for a woman to hit a man,but situation of this sort occurs on daily basis,so it is left for the man to take the light slap like a real man,or reciprocate like a mad man, end of!!!

GBAM! Exactly! If she is coming @ the guy with a knife, a pick axe, a 4 by 4 lol or something then heck yeah, by all means protect yourself. Or if you are a smaller man and therefore smaller in body than she is and she is trying to do severe harm then again defend yourself. but a mush, slap or even one punch? come on. One hand alone is enough to knock her out, why would a man use arms and legs or even objects to BEAT her when she couldn't even beat him in arm wrestling lol. Come on now.

To me my man holding me back, cursing me out and walking away and leaving me for hours maybe is much more of a "point maker" or a means of disciplining me than him punching me up.

On walking away: Even if the woman calls him weak for walking away it is up to him to decide whether she is worth it because her calling him weak fro walking away shows she not only lacks self love but is emotional abusive to him, instead of staying with her and having the potential for getting so angry one day that he may kill her, he should leave her, not beat her.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by harakiri(m): 7:00pm On Jan 22, 2011
Mygoldie:

Lets get this straight cos i hate to argue something that's as plain and simple as this.

this is how it goes,when a woman hits a man,and the man hits back,the woman becomes sad and it shows the man doesn't love her,but when a woman hits a man and the man resist to hit back,the woman will feel bad and she'll go on her knees ''if possible'' to plead for forgiveness and she'll be so sorry and repentant.

This sounds reasonable but with real life experiences I've witnessed, it's not practical. If it happens once, it's gonna happen twice and it continues happening until it becomes the norm. At first she might feel "sad", fast forward a couple of months and it happens again. . .fast forward 2-3 years and it's a habit that can only be curbed via retaliatory methods. Let's face it, experience remains the best teacher for humans (and animals).
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by harakiri(m): 7:13pm On Jan 22, 2011
ogugua88:

3 gbosas for this man abeg lol.

Or she'll call him weak, efulefu, mumu, agbero, etc.

Or she'll call him woman wrapper,she-man,omo nugo,shameless man,yeye man,come suck breast,foolish man,dem say dem born man,see man wey think say him be man,you think say you be man? etc
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrsChima1(f): 7:22pm On Jan 22, 2011
Mz. Dark,

That what I was trying to tell that thang that a woman mushing a man is completely different than a woman using object to intentionally harming a man physically and I do not blame a man for defending himself against that. HOWEVER, if a woman just mush a man or put her finger in his face like what you say huh? That ALONE does not justify him SENDING her to the ER!

Come on now!
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 22, 2011
Has anyone seen that Nollywood film starring Nkem Owoh and Kate Henshaw-Nuttal? I think it's called "Stronger Than Pain". Kate's character would beat her husband, Nkem's character, at any given chance. He became the village idiot for tolerating her, although his reasons were tolerating were far different than what we're discussing now. I watched it while I was on a bus from Onitsha to Lagos. Men were watching the film too. If only you heard the kind of swears and "If she was my wife, the way I go deal with her eh!" They were becoming very angry themselves lol. Just thought I'd share.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrsChima1(f): 7:37pm On Jan 22, 2011
I know it a movie, but why were the men upset about WHAT A HUSBAND ALLOWED HIS WIFE TO DO TO HIM?
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 22, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Mz. Dark,

That what I was trying to tell that thang that a woman mushing a man is completely different than a woman using object to intentionally harming a man physically and I do not blame a man for defending himself against that.  HOWEVER, if a woman just mush a man or put her finger in his face like what you say huh?  That ALONE does not justify him SENDING her to the ER!  

Come on now!

Exactly I think men don't know how to differential manhood from physical strength. Manhood is recognizing WHEN to use physical strength and when to talk away.
ogugua88:

Has anyone seen that Nollywood film starring Nkem Owoh and Kate Henshaw-Nuttal? I think it's called "Stronger Than Pain". Kate's character would beat her husband, Nkem's character, at any given chance. He became the village  for tolerating her, although his reasons were tolerating were far different than what we're discussing now. I watched it while I was on a bus from Onitsha to Lagos. Men were watching the film too. If only you heard the kind of swears and "If she was my wife, the way I go deal with her eh!" They were becoming very angry themselves lol. Just thought I'd share.

grin grin grin guaranteed some of their views had to pay for the one movie  undecided

@Chima, i will tell you why they were mad. Men cannot tell me anything, there is def. a s3xist nature behind the outrage, it's like " how dare a woman/btch?". I mean life threatening again cool, defend yourself but there is a deep rooted "you better know your place woman!" switch that is embedded in the brain of most men.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I know it a movie, but why were the men upset about WHAT A HUSBAND ALLOWED HIS WIFE TO DO TO HIM? 

You missed the point lol. I said if they were in the man's shoes, they would have dealt with her heavily. That and the fact that she had the audacity to do it at all.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrsChima1(f): 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2011
Yes, I agree!  The reaction to a movie is evidence enough of how men view women.  It is sad that when a woman "challenges" a man and albeit not using physical force but any non-violence challenge the alpha male in the men unleashed.  The point of no return occurs often time women are left dead when the storm settles
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrsChima1(f): 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2011
Oh, I got your point suga.  My question still remains even in the man shoe why would OTHER men be THAT upset about what another man go through with his wife?  For example, I shoot a man because he slapped you.

Why am I even getting myself all worked up for something that has nothing to do with me is what I am saying. I get you when you said they put themselves in the man's shoe. Why would you even think of such horrific situation to put yourself in?

It is simple, the alpha male syndrome surfaced.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrCork17: 7:48pm On Jan 22, 2011
back hand slap slightly ok, but not too much angry
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrsChima1(f): 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2011
Some Igbomen were raised not to hit women unless life is in danger. Did you missed that class, Mr. cock?
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 22, 2011
<<< *Day dreams about putting Mr.Cork in head lock, giving him a swirly, then give him one kick in the behind, putting him in a trash can and rolling it down a hill. . .then smiles to self*  smiley

Mrs, Chima:

Yes, I agree!  The reaction to a movie is evidence enough of how men view women.  [size=18pt]It is sad that when a woman "challenges" a man and albeit not using physical force but any non-violence challenge the alpha male in the men unleashed[/size].  The point of no return occurs often time women are left dead when the storm settles  

Nuff said. . .
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrCork17: 7:58pm On Jan 22, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Some Igbomen were raised not to hit women unless life is in danger.  Did you missed that class, Mr. cock?

madam. do i loook IBO to u? Pls do not let my good looks decieve you.

In fact, GO AND STOOOOD DOWN BEHIND THE TV!! angry
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 22, 2011
Lol. You have to watch the movie then. She got angry at him and threw pepper soup in his eyes because he asked if he could have one piece of meat. You wouldn't get angry abi? I don't think it has much to do with men thinking women should stay in their place. Women, today, push their boundaries and get away with a lot. Women are nowhere near perfect, just as men. With that sad, if a woman instigates and abuses a man, I won't feel sorry for her when he retaliates, JUST AS I won't feel sorry for any man who instigates and abuses a woman and she retaliates. I'm very impartial. If I see wahala, I'll tell you I see it whether it be man or woman. You can't have equality and then play the gender card lol. Pick one or the other.

Mrs, Chima, are you trying to tell me you've never watched a movie and imagined yourself as one of the characters in that film? That's not called alpha male syndrome. That's called being human.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrsChima1(f): 8:10pm On Jan 22, 2011
ogugua88:

Lol. You have to watch the movie then. She got angry at him and threw pepper soup in his eyes because he asked if he could have one piece of meat. You wouldn't get angry abi? I don't think it has much to do with men thinking women should stay in their place. Women, today, push their boundaries and get away with a lot. Women are nowhere near perfect, just as men. With that sad, if a woman instigates and abuses a man, I won't feel sorry for her when he retaliates, JUST AS I won't feel sorry for any man who instigates and abuses a woman and she retaliates. I'm very impartial. If I see wahala, I'll tell you I see it whether it be man or woman. You can't have equality and then play the gender card lol. Pick one or the other.

Mrs, Chima, are you trying to tell me you've never watched a movie and imagined yourself as one of the characters in that film? That's not called alpha male syndrome. That's called being human.

I have never visualize doing something to someone in A MOVIE. I hear ya though.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrsChima1(f): 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2011
Mr, Cork:

madam. do i loook IBO to u? Pls do not let my good looks decieve you.

In fact, GO AND STOOOOD DOWN BEHIND THE TV!! angry

No, you do not LOOK IGBO. But, you do SOUND like an Igboman reject.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrCork17: 8:29pm On Jan 22, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

No, you do not LOOK IGBO.  But, you do SOUND like an Igboman reject.

****uses juju to turn Mrs Chima into antelope angry ****
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by deniyor: 8:37pm On Jan 22, 2011
Like I would wait for her to have a knife or any weapon b4 striking back. In my opinion, prevention is better than cure. Do unto others b4 they do unto me.

@ mrs chima
all that one you are saying is just story! If you know that when you hit a man, you get double or triple portion back, you will actually think twice b4 you do it.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by ShyOne(f): 8:37pm On Jan 22, 2011
it is never ok

it is never ok for a woman to hit a man or a man to hit a woman
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrsChima1(f): 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2011
deniyor:

Like I would wait for her to have a knife or any weapon b4 striking back. In my opinion, prevention is better than cure. Do unto others b4 they do unto me.

@ mrs chima
all that one you are saying is just story! If you know that when you hit a man, you get double or triple portion back, you will actually think twice b4 you do it.

You wanna bet?
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrsChima1(f): 8:43pm On Jan 22, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Juju your arse up off this internet and go find a job. So you can afford to treat your cousin girl friend to a nicer place than Mr. Biggs
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Dsense(m): 8:43pm On Jan 22, 2011
@Eve
Hey sweetie . . .What's gud kiss
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrsChima1(f): 8:44pm On Jan 22, 2011
Hey suga! kiss kiss Missed ya!
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrCork17: 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Juju your arse up off this internet and go find a job.  So you can afford to treat your cousin girl friend to a nicer place than Mr. Biggs

Sweery. we dont hae Mr Biggs in London City , cheers!wink
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Dsense(m): 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Hey suga! kiss kiss Missed ya!
Missed ya too kiss kiss

@MazD
Bloody Craziest hempy girl ever grin
How re you doing? kiss
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrCork17: 8:49pm On Jan 22, 2011
D-sense , bro, are u tryin to sweet talk Mrs Chima? bro, what u afta? tongue
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2011
@Ms Chima. I hate it when little girls (not REAL women) try to play all the cards they possibly can to get their way, including playing the equality card when hitting the man (because that's what it means when u hit someone, that you're equal to or above them), and then quickly jumping back to the "I'm a woman" card immediately afterwards, hoping he won't cut through your BS and deliver the GBOSA you so stupidly deserve.

If you've managed to become friends with a lion, do you go and start to provoke it again by slapping it in the face? No matter how "pissed off" you THINK you are, because you can't tell me you don't KNOW you're doing some dumb $h!t no matter how much you think you're "lashing-out". That's the same attitude and "look at me I'm a big girl now expressing myself to the fullest" kolo mentality that gets some girls the beating of their lives.

Afterwards, she would think twice before "lashing-out" like that again. And this process of THINKING TWICE is one of the attributes that would qualify her to be a REAL woman and not a silly little girl.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrCork17: 8:52pm On Jan 22, 2011
but wats the big deal about slapin womens? i dont understand? undecided
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrCork17: 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2011
Mr, Cork:

***use juju spell to change Mrs Chima back in a Gentleman wink***
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by deniyor: 8:57pm On Jan 22, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

You wanna bet?

I hv no qualms about going down to another person's level to get even with them. What makes you think I will tolerate physical abuse with any woman? I don't subscribe to that female card trash.
If my friend were to hit me, I won't say cos we are friends, I will just walk away. I will try to give more than I get. Same goes for any woman. If you like call me wife beater or anything you people say these days. Those are just words and they have no effect.

Where I have a problem is men who beat their ladies as a means to discipline them. Bar any violence from her, there should be none from him. Never start what you can not finish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Just Broke My Heart / I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree / "My First And Best Sex Experience Ever" - Shared By A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.