Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? (29966 Views)

Would You fvck A Married Woman, If Her. . . . . / Does A Man Have The Right To Hit A Woman When She Hits Him First? / What Should A Man Do When A Woman Hits Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 23, 2011
^^clearly. let the transgendered talk.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by silentc(m): 12:53am On Jan 23, 2011
If a pint sized man (lets say he weight 50kg) gets into an argument and hits/slaps a muscular larger sized man (lets say he weight 120kg) and they larger man beats up the smaller sized man, would we call it unfair?

We have 2 valid arguments here. . . . .  take boxing for example, there are different weight classes and as such fights are fairer (as people fight within the same weight class). So sometimes a man hitting a woman is not fair as there is the natural advantage men have over women.

On the other hand, we grow up to learn that men and women are equal and as such a woman who doesn't want to get beaten up shouldn't hit a man (as we are all equal). If she hit a fellow woman and gets beaten thoroughly we wont cry blue murder would we? We would see it is a fair fight.

I honestly don't know the answer to the question. . . . . I would confess that it is a tough one to call.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by ekubear1: 12:57am On Jan 23, 2011
@MzD@rkSkin: Both posts were completely sarcastic, in case you didn't get it, lol.

I guess certain things aren't conveyed well across the internet
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 23, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Ladies!  

You have noticed no one comment to answer my question when I asked what if this WAS YOUR DAUGHTER OR YOUR FAVORITE FEMALE RELATIVE?  

What if this was your MOTHER, AUNT, GRANDMOTHER, FEMALE COUSIN, SISTER, AND GREAT GRANDMOTHER?  It is okay for a man to beat them like they stole something and I am sure you LOVELY MEN were raised by DECENT WOMEN.  undecided

So why would a decent women hit a man to the point where he is sending her to the hospital?  

Or you was raised by a hood female relative?  

I would draw out the cold-hard fact that she went out of line laying a finger on the man and STARTING SOMETHING SHE CAN'T FINISH like a grown-azz WOMAN should know not to do. pre-pubescent GIRLS should not be getting into relationships in the first place, which is what a female would have to be mentally to INITIATE PHYSICAL ASSAULT with a male.

See all you girls with your typical attitude of "Blame it all on the man" and "It is the man that must practise restraint". Are you telling me you women have the brains of 12 year olds and can't also in turn use some restraint of your own? restraint to NOT get your azz whooped?
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrsChima1(f): 1:00am On Jan 23, 2011
See that right there. I don't believe that. That is some bullshit arse lie and YOU KNOW IT. When will I get some mofos that will KEEP IT REAL REGARDLESS? Seriously.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 23, 2011
This thread wasn't men vs. women. If men are silly, I won't defend them. If women are silly, I won't defend them. Just because we share a commonality such as having two XX chromosomes as our 23rd pair does not mean we have some "RIDE OR DIE" alliance.

I will call you out a second time Madame.

A few of your restraint quotes in this thread:

"Exactly I think men don't know how to differential manhood from physical strength. Manhood is recognizing WHEN to use physical strength and when to talk away" (Page 3).

"I am saying however that if she only slaps you, or mushes you that is not enough to beat her black and blue" (Page 4).

"You fail to realize there is a difference in a woman trying to kill or venting. It is NOT right as I stated but your strength is twice that of ours, you do the math. You walk away, simple" (Page 4).

"if she is not coming @ u with a weapon, push her and physically restrain and then leave if even temporary or forever" (Page 4).

Your anti-restraint quote and your support of such behaviour:

MzD@rkSkin:

^^LOL exactly. I just don't get it. I have done it in the past UNKNOWINGLY (talk to guys/give them hugs and he sees. . .gets mad etc) and I have seen the type of reaction is generates, so why would I want to do it on purpose?

So I'm @ work,, enjoying some mango lol and she write me on FB, with this crap! then had the nerve to ask me if I want to witness this tonight! I said heck no! If he kicks them both, I won't have any sympathy!

Ngwanu.

And lol, because I disagree with some behaviour displayed by women, I'm now transgendered or a man. Okay.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by ekubear1: 1:04am On Jan 23, 2011
@silentc: It isn't a tough call at all! Don't introduce violence into the situation and expect the other party not to do so too!

Why should there be double standards? There is no justification for it. Anyway, all of this is a moot discussion. Naija women are not mumus. . . the chance of you meeting a nigerian woman who will want to hit a man is very low.

@Mrs, Chima: None of my female relatives would do anything like that.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 23, 2011
2buff:

I would draw out the cold-hard fact that she went out of line laying a finger on the man and STARTING SOMETHING SHE CAN'T FINISH like a grown-azz WOMAN should know not to do. pre-pubescent GIRLS should not be getting into relationships in the first place, which is what a female would have to be mentally to INITIATE PHYSICAL ASSAULT with a male.

^^yeah fuggin ryte! you would grab your machete and fly faster than the bat mobile to that negro's house!
silentc:

If a pint sized man (lets say he weight 50kg) gets into an argument and hits/slaps a muscular larger sized man (lets say he weight 120kg) and they larger man beats up the smaller sized man, would we call it unfair?

We have 2 valid arguments here. . . . .  take boxing for example, there are different weight classes and as such fights are fairer (as people fight within the same weight class). So sometimes a man hitting a woman is not fair as there is the natural advantage men have over women.

On the other hand, we grow up to learn that men and women are equal and as such a woman who doesn't want to get beaten up shouldn't hit a man (as we are all equal). If she hit a fellow woman and gets beaten thoroughly we wont cry blue murder would we? We would see it is a fair fight.

I honestly don't know the answer to the question. . . . . I would confess that it is a tough one to call.

]I made SEVERAL POSTS ON THE THREAD addressing the issue from different angles. i am not advocating for women on men violence, i am just saying it is not the same as a woman trying to kill a man vs a woman who is angry after let's say she caught him cheating and sporadically starts swinging or something. as for the women who slap their men to be the "b0ss btch" they can get stomped out for all i care, but an emotionally hurt woman i understand, it is not right but it is reality and for him to beat her like he would another man it is wrong!

@Eku i understand you 100 percent. I joke like that, sry if you didn't know lol surely u wouldn't be that dumb enough to say that on here and mean it.

@ogugua88, be realistic, that didnt prove schit. You look bad, keep trying to drag me down with you. Gonna be a tough mission to complete, cunumunu.  wink

Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 23, 2011
She doesn't have to get beaten repetitively before it looks like serious damage on her body. Certainly not like she stole something.
Being a buff guy, one well-placed slap would be enough to send her fly-spinning backwards like a cyclone with a face like poo afterwards. Just one.

And I'm not prone to violence, so that is why it would be wise for her not to get physical with me. She might need plastic surgery after just one retaliatory slap is all.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 23, 2011
2buff:

She doesn't have to get beaten repetitively before it looks like serious damage on her body.
Being a buff guy, one well-placed slap would be enough to send her fly-spinning backwards like a cyclone with a face like poo afterwards. Just one

And I'm not prone to violence, so that is why it would be wise for her not to get physical with me. She might need plastic surgery after just one retaliatory slap.

THANK YOU! MY POINT EXACTLY! SO WHY HIT HER JUST FOR MUSHING/SLAPPING YOU IF YOU KNOW THIS?
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 23, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

@ogugua88, be realistic, that didnt prove schit. You look bad, keep trying to drag me down with you. Gonna be a tough mission to complete, cunumunu.  wink

Look bad how? And you're wondering why literacy was being questioned.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by ekubear1: 1:14am On Jan 23, 2011
2buff:

And I'm not prone to violence, so that is why it would be wise for her not to get physical with me. She might need plastic surgery after just one retaliatory slap is all.

Exactly. I'm 6'1, 215. My gf is 5'5, 120. Does it really make any sense for her to hit me?  undecided Yeah, I'm mostly a mild manner nice guy. . . the chance of me hitting her back is close to zero. I'd be more surprised than anything.

But if you are a woman with any sense in your head, why would you do it? Even nice guys like me will eventually snap. What is the point of risking it, as a woman? Unnecessary wahala, imo
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 23, 2011
eku_bear:

Exactly. I'm 6'1, 215. My gf is 5'5, 120. Does it really make any sense for her to hit me?  undecided Yeah, I'm mostly a mild manner nice guy. . . the chance of me hitting her back is close to zero. I'd be more surprised than anything.

But if you are a woman with any sense in your head, why would you do it? Even nice guys like me will eventually snap. What is the point of risking it, as a woman? Unnecessary wahala, imo

Something they can't grasp. They expect a man to show restraint 100% of the time.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrsChima1(f): 1:18am On Jan 23, 2011
eku_bear:

@silentc: It isn't a tough call at all! Don't introduce violence into the situation and expect the other party not to do so too!

Why should there be double standards? There is no justification for it. Anyway, all of this is a moot discussion. Naija women are not mumus. . . the chance of you meeting a nigerian woman who will want to hit a man is very low.

@Mrs, Chima: None of my female relatives would do anything like that.

ONCE AGAIN, if your female relatives get jumped by a man simply because they have grazed against or bumped against a man WHETHER IT IS intentionally or not.  WHAT WOULD YOU DO?  Just say "Oh, you shouldn't bumped him"?  Seriously spare me the bullshit.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:19am On Jan 23, 2011
eku_bear:

Men are human yes but at the same time, facts are facts men are stronger than women. that is why i say restrain her, call her all the btches you want to and walk about but DO NOT BEAT HER. END OF STORY!
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:20am On Jan 23, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

ONCE AGAIN, if your female relatives get jumped by a man simply because they h[b]ave grazed against or bumped against a man[/b] WHETHER IT IS intentionally or not.  WHAT WOULD YOU DO?  Just say "Oh, you shouldn't bumped him"?  Seriously spare me the bullshit.

Topic: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First?

Ask whether if she blows breath on him too.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Mygoldie(f): 1:21am On Jan 23, 2011
some peeps think they are pretty just becos they managed to advertise their pic on NL, duh!!!

did i mention a name? NO.
ok if you think i am reffering to you, BRING IT ON!!!
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:21am On Jan 23, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

^^yeah fuggin ryte! you would grab your machete and fly faster than the bat mobile to that negro's house!

I'm not controlled by my hormones or my rage. If a situation like that happened, I would try to understand exactly what happened from both parties.
I don't condone foolishness on anybody's end, family or otherwise.

If she began the brawl, there's not much I can do except warn her against such foolish moves in the future. Then we address the situation from there.

I don't understand how you are missing the point here. If the man did something so terrible to her and she has men in her family, tell us, we'll go have a "chat" with the man.
DON'T go doing something dumb like slapping him in the face yelling "GIRL POWER" or some dumb $h!t.

The vector here is not pointed towards a man should be able to do whatever he wants to a woman, it is that a woman should keep to her senses and know that there are ways to fight every battle. If it is against a man, physically assaulting him is surely a dumb way about it. If she really needs the man to hurt physically, she has resources she can engage that would be better suited to handling that.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:23am On Jan 23, 2011
ogugua88:

Topic: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First?

Ask whether if she blows breath on him too.

You answered as I was just going to answer. See how they have added another thing to the discussion at hand.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 23, 2011
LOL^^added what? we ARE ANSWERING THE DAMN QUESTION. THIS IS NOT A YES OR NO QUESTION BUT COMPLEX AND INTENDED TO GENERATE DISCUSSION!

Listen lol Eku I respect your views but I still hold on to mine. I am not gonna go around in circles. everything I needed to say have already been said. pretend like I am still here and argue with the posts I have already made if you have the time, you especially Ogugulala lol  
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrsChima1(f): 1:27am On Jan 23, 2011
LMAO! Did this mofo say we ADDING SHIT? Oooh lawd!

Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:27am On Jan 23, 2011
Mygoldie:

some peeps think they are pretty just becos they managed to advertise their pic on NL, duh!!!

did i mention a name? NO.
ok if you think i am reffering to you, BRING IT ON!!!

Unfortunately for you, you were mentioned when I was referring to illiteracy. I know you're not referring to your crony, MzD@rkSkin, so say my name.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 23, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

LOL^^added what? we ARE ANSWERING THE DAMN QUESTION. THIS IS NOT A YES OR NO QUESTION BUT COMPLEX AND INTENDED TO GENERATE DISCUSSION!

Listen lol Eku I respect your views but I still hold on to mine. I am not gonna go around in circles. everything I needed to say have already been said. pretend like I am still here and argue with the posts I have already made if you have the time, you especially Ogugulala lol  

I can't argue with you because I no longer know which side you are on. You condone restraint here. You condone abuse in your thread. So, until you pick a side I won't debate anything else you say as I will consider it invalid.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Mygoldie(f): 1:30am On Jan 23, 2011
ogugua88:

Unfortunately for you, you were mentioned when I was referring to illiteracy. I know you're not referring to your crony, MzD@rkSkin, so say my name.

so you know yourself then, nice try.I can't even mention her  name, urgh!!!
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 23, 2011
Mygoldie:

so you know yourself then, nice try.I can't even mention her  name, urgh!!!

You and MzD@rkSkin have your panty alliance and have not made any attempt to hide it. She's the only one with display pic. I'm the one with whom you're beefing and have myself in my display pic. Unlike you, I know 1+1=2 and can read between the lines of your basic English.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 23, 2011
ogugua88:

I can't argue with you because I no longer know which side you are on. You condone restraint here. You condone abuse in your thread. So, until you pick a side I won't debate anything else you say as I will consider it invalid.

Keep backpacking on Ogu.'s retarded references. It was taken out of context, go and read the thread and get some common sense on the way back.

You are the one who bragged about beating women and now all of a sudden is "captain equality" after getting called out and leeching up to Og. because she is the only other odd ball out.  tongue

@ Ogu. I am nobody's crony, dont try to style me because I can do the same and you won't appreciate my words. btw stop staring @ my back side, Ragdoll might kick you for violating her space. . .on my profile  tongue.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:35am On Jan 23, 2011
ogugua88:

You and MzD@rkSkin have your panty alliance and have not made any attempt to hide it. She's the only one with display pic. I'm the one with whom you're beefing and have myself in my display pic. Unlike you, I know 1+1=2 and can read between the lines of your basic English.

And you, your one woman only "Dyk Riding *Federation".  smiley

*more members will be added, Buff is in the process.  grin
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Mygoldie(f): 1:36am On Jan 23, 2011
hey ogua or whatever you call urself,just because you have a sharp tongue doesn't indicate you have a keen mind.
you can add 1+1= 2 hell for all i care, PEST!!!
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:37am On Jan 23, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

LMAO!  Did this mofo say we ADDING poo?  Oooh lawd!
Kai, Can this level of dumb truly exist under heaven?
Let's have another go at it shall we?

Topic context (verbose form): Is it okay for a man to violently retaliate when a woman violently hits him?

The "poo" you're adding in: Is it okay for a man to violently retaliate when a woman mistakingly bumps into him?

Surely you see a difference between the 2 scenarios right? You DO see these as 2 seperate situations don't you?
If anyone (man or woman) bumped into me mistakingly, nothing happens but a smile and an apology as we both continue on our way, but that's besides the point because that is not the TOPIC in discussion now is it?
I know having the mind of a child like one of you mentioned some posts back could make it hard for you to stay on-point and not drift away, but as a 20+ yr old child, at least try.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by ekubear1: 1:40am On Jan 23, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Men are human yes but at the same time, facts are facts men are stronger than women. that is why i say restrain her, call her all the btches you want to and walk about but DO NOT BEAT HER. END OF STORY!

I'd love to do all of that. But if it becomes a habit? And restraining her doesn't work? Or if it is late at night, I'm drunk or already in an emotionally excited the state?

Anyway, advice to all you women. . . human beings aren't too different from animals. You know that you wouldn't beat your dog, because being an animal it will eventually turn on you and bite you. Might not be a bad idea to show your man the same respect.

Mrs, Chima:

ONCE AGAIN, if your female relatives get jumped by a man simply because they have grazed against or bumped against a man WHETHER IT IS intentionally or not.  WHAT WOULD YOU DO?  Just say "Oh, you shouldn't bumped him"?  Seriously spare me the bullshit.
If it was just a bump, then I'd of course be very pissed. But if she slapped some dude? And especially if it were a repeated thing? I'd probably still beat the sh1t out of the dude, but at the same time I'd understand his position.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by Nobody: 1:42am On Jan 23, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Keep backpacking on Ogu.'s not-so-smart references. It was taken out of context, go and read the thread and get some common sense on the way back.

You are the one who bragged about beating women and now all of a sudden is "captain equality" after getting called out and leeching up to Og. because she is the only other odd ball out.  tongue

@ Ogu. I am nobody's crony, dont try to style me because I can do the same and you won't appreciate my words. btw stop staring @ my back side, Ragdoll might kick you for violating her space. . .on my profile  tongue.

Backpacking how. Throughout this thread you said if a woman hits a man, he should restrain himself from hitting her and rather hold her down,  or walk away from the situation. In your other thread, you said your friend wants to make a man angry by flirting with other people, and that you wouldn't sympathize with her if he kicked her behind. Am I wrong? I read your thread well, don't worry. My question to you is, why would you want a man to exercise restraint when a woman hits him but not sympathize with a woman in a scenario where she doesn't hit the man but flirts with another? I think it's a fair question.

How did I brag about beating women when I'm a woman myself? I've never hit anyone fortunately. I don't go seeking physical altercations, nor do I instigate them. You no fit style me. You can try though.
Re: Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? by MrsChima1(f): 1:48am On Jan 23, 2011
eku_bear:

I'd love to do all of that. But if it becomes a habit? And restraining her doesn't work? Or if it is late at night, I'm drunk or already in an emotionally excited the state?

Anyway, advice to all you women. . . human beings aren't too different from animals. You know that you wouldn't beat your dog, because being an animal it will eventually turn on you and bite you. Might not be a bad idea to show your man the same respect.
I[b]f it was just a bump, then I'd of course be very pissed. But if she slapped some dude? And especially if it were a repeated thing? I'd probably still beat the sh1t out of the dude, but at the same time I'd understand his position.[/b]

Aha Ha! There ya go. Was it that hard suga?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Do Nigerian Girls Really Know The Meaning Of "Orente"? / "My First And Best Sex Experience Ever" - Shared By A Woman / New Marriage About To Crash.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.