Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,551 members, 7,812,761 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. (87129 Views)

I Can't Believe I'm Falling In Love With A Single Mother / I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Sexually Attracted To Someone Else. / She Was The Little Girl Who Didn't Want A Boyfriend But Now; Pastor Says. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Happy989(f): 6:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
I started dating my boyfriend months ago and even before we started dating we've been good friends. He is intelligent, funny, has a great personality and takes good care of me. When he asked me to be his girlfriend I was so happy, because he is such a great guy. My boyfriend is in his final year in the same university that I attend. I'm still in my second year.

There is this guy in my department who is very good looking and also intelligent. He isn't jovial and extroverted like my boyfriend, but he is cool in a very confident and attractive kind of way. We started talking recently and he told me he finds me attractive. I told him that I have a boyfriend and he didn't seem fazed and never talked about the subject of my relationship. He still complimented my body and looks from time to time even though I didn't respond to his compliments in a way that indicated that I was in support of his actions.

During this covid-19 break we began talking more often over the phone and through texts and I always found our conversations interesting. A lot of times we'd talk till midnight. He is very witty and creative with words and I always smile whenever I see his texts or receive his calls.

Few weeks ago we talked about sexual fetishes and I realized we both had similar fetishes. This made him even more interesting because I found myself able to talk about stuff I hadn't talked about with anyone before, not even my boyfriend. This guy is not like anyone I've ever met before. His views on life are very unique and original and his personality is so complex and his sexuality is very intriguing.

The problem now is that I am beginning to develop strong feelings for this guy. When he calls me on the phone I don't wish the call to end. I find myself talking to him for minutes not minding the time. He is beginning to occupy my thoughts a lot and I don't know what to do. I still love my boyfriend but there is something about this guy that just seems to draw me to him.

I don't want to do anything that will break my boyfriend's heart.

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Dobson43: 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
sad

I would give you a mature advice since that's what you want. Your present boyfriend is just your boyfriend. He is not betrothed to you neither has he paid your dowry. Don't limit yourself at this stage of your life. Experiment, try new things, discover yourself. If you feel the urge to move on, do move on. You clearly have a thing for this guy and one can conclude that all you need is a push.

Based on your level in the university, one can determine your age. Some callous folks would call this stage you find yourself a whøre phase, but the true is we all have this identity crisis. We do not actually know ourselves. Certain people we see typify those characters we do have but can't express. They inspire this qualities in us to be birthed.

I don't want to go too philosophical, but I am going to tell you this: twenty years from now, you would wish you were more adventurous, you would wish you tried new things and you would understand that life is worth living and you would not allow yourself wallow in bondage because you are in relationship. Ships are supposed to move you in a certain desired direction. Either it moves you or you jump ship.

But the real truth is, you have broken his heart and emotionally screwed him over. Have the decency to break it up

872 Likes 53 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by xolocious(m): 6:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
The truth is that you're confused n no one is in a better position to give you a sincere answer other than yourself. You know what you want, the qualities you're looking out for and lastly finding happiness. It's your decision to make. Happiness matters most in any or every relationship.
Go for happiness.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Babaalajo(m): 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
If you don't love your main boyfriend again,pls quit the relationship now and stop wasting his time...

478 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Vyzz: 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
grin

I understand darling

U can have as many boyfriend as u want so why limit yourself to just one or two.

Go for more

Try every guy.

Find what u truly want, just try it all so u will know what u want and go for it when u about to marry.

So happy � doing

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by thesicilian: 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
Choose one and let the other one go his way. Life is difficult enough as it is, there's no need complicating it the more. Tomorrow you'll meet someone else who's better than your boyfriend of today, what then are you going to do? Know what you want and stand by it.

307 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Happy989(f): 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
Babaalajo:
If you don't love your main boyfriend again,pls quit the relationship now and stop wasting his time...

I still love my boyfriend.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by yomi007k(m): 6:20pm On Jun 07, 2020
You have already started cheating on your bf emotionally. It is better to break up with your guy than double date.

The new guy is not as wise as you think because no wise guy will covet his neighbours woman, goods or properties.

I believe you are below 32. I don't expect much.

It may end in tears.

700 Likes 48 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 6:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
It happens

3 Likes

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by luckyedgal1(m): 6:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
Happy989:
I just created this account because this issue is really bothering me and I need mature advice. I have a Nairaland account but I couldn't use it to post this thread because my boyfriend knows of that account.

I started dating my boyfriend months ago and even before we started dating we've been good friends. He is intelligent, funny, has a great personality and takes good care of me. When he asked me to be his girlfriend I was so happy, because he is such a great guy. My boyfriend is in his final year in the same university that I attend. I'm still in my second year.

There is this guy in my department who is very good looking and also intelligent. He isn't jovial and extroverted like my boyfriend, but he is cool in a very confident and attractive kind of way. We started talking recently and he told me he finds me attractive. I told him that I have a boyfriend and he didn't seem fazed and never talked about the subject of my relationship. He still complimented my body and looks from time to time even though I didn't respond to his compliments in a way that indicated that I was in support of his actions.

During this covid-19 break we began talking more often over the phone and through texts and I always found our conversations interesting. A lot of times we'd talk till midnight. He is very witty and creative with words and I always smile whenever I see his texts or receive his calls.

Few weeks ago we talked about sexual fetishes and I realized we both had similar fetishes. This made him even more interesting because I found myself able to talk about stuff I hadn't talked about with anyone before, not even my boyfriend. This guy is a not like anyone I've ever met before. His views on life are very unique and original and his personality is so complex and his sexuality is very intriguing.

The problem now is that I am beginning to develop strong feelings for this guy. When he calls me on the phone I don't wish the call to end. I find myself talking to him for minutes not minding the time. He is beginning to occupy my thoughts a lot and I don't know what to do. I still love my boyfriend but there is something about this guy that just seems to draw me to him.

So you don't think he as a girl friend? Abi..you will not value what you have now abi..until he get under your legs before your eyes will clear..

218 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Justbehave(m): 6:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
And you think that with all the details you ve given out here,your bf won't decode is you? Meanwhile,Bleep him and actualise your dream. Do you know if he has a gf? Smh

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by paulolee(m): 6:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
means u neva loved ur guy..u jus using the said boyfriend to past time, if you really and truly love him, u wunt be falling for someone else except its infatuation and na cheating be the next move before ur eyes go clear when u are already swimming in d rivers of temptation and cheating... na G0D go help u..

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Babaalajo(m): 6:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
Happy989:

so! You want to date two of them at the same time? Like they do say here, it will end in ..........

66 Likes

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by xendra: 6:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
You are already breaking the guys heart

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Lorazepam(f): 6:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
I pity you ma.
You have already cheated emotionally
And it will most likely end in tears

140 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Justbehave(m): 6:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
Happy989:

But your toto dey scratch you abi.Do you even understand what love is?

251 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Taniaa(f): 6:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
That's what happens when you meet someone new.
The fiery spark would fizzle out soon and you'll wish you never left your boyfriend.

742 Likes 42 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
Happy989:
I just created this account because this issue is really bothering me and I need mature advice. I have a Nairaland account but I couldn't use it to post this thread because my boyfriend knows of that account.

Few weeks ago we talked about sexual fetishes and I realized we both had similar fetishes. This made him even more interesting because I found myself able to talk about stuff I hadn't talked about with anyone before, not even my boyfriend. This guy is a not like anyone I've ever met before. His views on life are very unique and original and his personality is so complex and his sexuality is very intriguing.

Na demmmmm.

Okpo association of Nigeria.

163 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Fidelismaria: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
grin

what makes you think this new guy is interested in having a relationship with you?

maybe he just want you guys to be fvckbuddies and try out your sexual fetishes on each other

It's okay tho

It's possible to love two people at the same time

So cheat away

79 Likes

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by AbleBouncer: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
It will end In tears.

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by lalanice(f): 6:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
You say you don't want to break his heart, but you already have, he just hasn't discovered it yet smiley . how do you think your boyfriend will feel if he finds out about you and this other guy? (that's if he ever really cared about you)

I'll say don't stay out of pity, be with who your heart chooses because he might not choose you if he finds someone better, BUT ......"the devil you know"

I'll always tell people, anybody is perfect from a distance.

Imagine how head over heels you were when you first met your boyfriend
My Opinion- if your current boyfriend is not verbally, physically or mentally abusive then stay with him, if you leave him for these(yeye) reasons you just listed, chances are you will always be jumping around. Nobody is perfect.

308 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by luckyedgal1(m): 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
Tell her, her eyes will clear soon.

24 Likes

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by XXLMANDIGO: 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
Fuccck him then you will know if you really care or it is just infatuation...

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Ningen(m): 6:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
What you feel is nothing more than ephemeral infatuation and trivial amusement towards him.

But if you can't hold back, break-up.

Have that decency at least. Don't double date.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Jasonjay101(m): 7:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
It will definately end in tears i promise you.
You think the guy now, has all the qualities you want in a guy especially his sexual fetish that matches yours, lol.
Most guys like this with all these perfect descriptions of yours are always Bleep boys and I promise he's going to dumb you after getting between your legs severally

215 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Thatlong9: 7:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
Choose the second guy, if you loved the first you won't have fallen for the second. So go with the second but if and only if you are sure its not lust but love from ur end n willing to bear whatever happens if d guy turns out fake

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
I wonder why you all enter relationships when you have little understanding of commitment, faithfulness and love. When you say yes to a guy or you agree to enter a relationship with a woman it means you are agreeing to see the person only. Does that means there won't be attractions for others ? No but your promise to be with that person should help you deal with such attractions which are often distractions, and set boundaries in dealings with other gender.
That is why relationship isn't for kids who still want to "flock" around.

My dear you are attracted to the MYSTERY that comes with the new guy, same way you will feel about a new phone or cloth. If after being friends for a while you are able to date your boyfriend and love him then he really is the one you know and love. The other guy? You will get to know him, the thrill will fade and you will miss your "friend" who may be long gone. Be careful.

258 Likes 23 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by merieam16(f): 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
Babaalajo:
so! You want to date two of them at the same time? Like they do say here, it will end in ..........
premium tearsgrin

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Macqueeny(f): 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
You problem is u r just having feelings for d other guy because u guys became so close, it normal for we girls to always feel such wen we r so close to someone apart from our bf, that why wen u r in a serious relationship don't get too close to any guy apart from ur bf, u said u love ur bf so my advice is u withdraw ur closeness from dt guy, just be formal with time do feeling. Will die offf

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by dumininu01(m): 7:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
Better let the guy know u have feelings for someone else instead of doing it behind his back... Girls can be funny tho grin grin... The new guy has played his game well grin
If you love your bf tho the feelings will go with time..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by lalanice(f): 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
Macqueeny:
You problem is u r just having feelings for d other guy because u guys became so close, it normal for we girls to always feel such wen we r so close to someone apart from our bf, that why wen u r in a serious relationship don't get too close to any guy apart from ur bf, u said u love ur bf so my advice is u withdraw ur closeness from dt guy, just be formal with time do feeling. Will die offf
no, it's not every girl that always feels such.

37 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Man Gives University Student N1000 Instead Of N20,000 After Sex In Uyo (Video) / Dhaturhobogurl: Lady Who 'Ran Mad' After Her Boyfriend Proposed To Her, Speaks / Jean Michel, French Sex Tourist: Slept With 1400 African Ladies, Impregnated 600

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.