Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed - Politics (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed (40942 Views)

Igbo Monarchs,human Rights Activist Want Emir And Accomplices Arrested-ifesinach / APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. / Gowon With Idi Amin In Uganda, The Same Day He Was Overthrown In Nigeria (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 01, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Sagamite the London crackmonkey is heating up. grin grin grin

How are you so silly you are not comprehending that the bold part is flat out FALSE? Homosexuality was only illegal in Nigeria since 1990 and same sex marriage was successfully made illegal in the last decade. Sagamonkey, you've been trying to portray tolerated homosexuality as some foreign element and you know it but are now trying to twist my statement into saying that I think you believed only Westerners have homosexuality in their cultures. How are you not grasping this? Is this actually somehow too subtle for you? You've been portraying tolerance of homosexuality (homosexual rights) as some foreign garbage imported into Africa when gays and tolerance of gays have been extant in African societies for hundreds of years.
But Physics Master that is utter nonsense and a load of hogwash. Faggottry has always been illegal in Nigeria and it still is. Section 214 of the Nigerian Criminal Code already prescibes 14 years in captivity for a pair of consenting faggotts.
214.         Any person who-
- has carnal knowledge of any person against the order of nature; or 
-has carnal knowledge of an animal; or
-permits a male person to have carnal knowledge of him or her against the order of nature;
-is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for fourteen years.
 215.  Any person who attempts to commit any of the offences defined in the last preceding section is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for seven years.
         The offender cannot be arrested without warrant.
216  Any person who unlawfully and indecently deals with a boy under the age of fourteen years is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for seven years.
         The term "deal with" includes doing any act which, if done without consent, would constitute an assault as hereinafter defined.
217.  Any male person who, whether in public or private, commits any act of gross indecency with another male person, or procures another male person to commit any act of gross indecency with him, or attempts to procure the commission of any such act by any male person with himself or with another male person, whether in public or private, is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for three years.

The laws in Nigeria are very clear and very stringent in their approach to those misguided elements of society that contravene public morality and common decency.

Another issue that you keep going on about is this your curious idea that we said faggottry was imposed on Africa from the West. What is that about?
Seriously Physics Master who here has said that homosexuality is a Western thing?? Something that existed in biblical times. Anyway faggottry has always been taboo in pre colonial African societies as well as in other jurisdictions so stop this strawman argument
What is new is that some misguided elements in the West are actually trying to promote this disgusting perversion as something acceptable and which should be celebrated what with their evil repellent gay pride marches .
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

[s]The killing of Mr Kato is a sad development[/s] >>> George Latore *in the tela novela popularly dubbed "Diego and Paloma* said "You do not commit a crime to fight a crime"
Says who ? ugandas are not complaining,so why are you ?
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 01, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

The killing of Mr Kato is a sad development >>> George Latore *in the tela novela popularly dubbed "Diego and Paloma* said "You do not commit a crime to fight a crime"
And what is sad about it? What is new about someone dying anyway? Everybody dies in the end you know.
Anyway I am much much more concerned about innocents being slaughtered than about the death of some misguided faggott activist
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Katsumoto: 12:43pm On Feb 01, 2011
isale_gan2:

UPDATED

Thread Summary - page 3 to now:

Gays
SEFAGO (King of the gays!)
Eldee (Sefago's you-know wink )
Eku (but of course),
Jenifa (not Nigerian, not even African),
*FStranger (no surprise),

Bi-curious
PhysicsQEDHMDPHDEDD (am shocked)

Hetero
Sagamite,
Katsumoto,
Tensor, (VERY VERY VERY VERY VE-RY heterosexual!  Very!)
random posters

You are one funny and mischievious gal; you have replaced Ileke-Idi as the Don King (fight promoter) of the politics section. grin
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by isalegan2: 1:45pm On Feb 01, 2011
Katsumoto:

You are one funny and mischievious gal; you have replaced Ileke-Idi as the Don King (fight promoter) of the politics section. grin

hahahaha.

Neh. I'm sweet as pie.  Ileke-Idi is a baaaaaad girl.  Bad to the bone.  Wait! She did call me an "evil chick" once.  Hmmmmm.

I shall update the list later.  I missed way too many people.  Who could forget Bluetooth - he's been fighting for the straight man in every "gay" thread on NL and elsewhere probably since the dawn of the interweb.  A true warrior.  I salute you, Oga Bluetooth.  wink 

And I must warn you, we all know FStranger* is gay.  It's personal for him.  He's fighting for his right to marry the man of his choice.  "One day, all men, gay or straight, will be able to walk down the aisle in front of family and friends, and a gay man can announce to the world, 'I do take this other man' and. . .  to realize the true meaning of their creed.  I have a dream today!"

*have a lovely day
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by paragga(f): 2:26pm On Feb 01, 2011
Who are we to judge anyone? Do not hate the people but the act. They are humans like you and I the fact that you don't like the act doesn't mean you wish them death, that is cruel.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by manny4life(m): 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2011
Sagamite:

^^^He is a person!!!

Say: "Yes sir, I agree!!!"

Lol,  for real for real, this thread has so lost it, person? never heard of that 

I love Nairaland, makes me wanna come back for more.

@isale_gan2 , hmmm you updated that list, all them homophobics have anti-gay radars and detectors, On the ultrahigh super laser detector, starting with tensor777 who thinks its ok to cage them.

@Katsumoto, you never replied with an answer to my question. I gave you a hypothetical scenerio, no answer yet, I'm waiting

~Bluetooth:

Says who ? ugandas are not complaining,so why are you ?

Sooner or later they would start to complain, so just chill and relax and wait for the next news, meanwhile, she has right to complain, we all do,
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 01, 2011
paragga:

Who are we to judge anyone? Do not hate the people but the act. They are humans like you and I the fact that you don't like the act doesn't mean you wish them death, that is cruel.
And what have you said? Nobody wishes anyone death which comes when it will. However we can judge the acts of faggotts as being abominable just as you presumably would judge the acts of rapists to be so.
In fact this idea of moral relativism is a load of ivory tower claptrap. There is good and evil you know and no far-out liberal has any right,still less any authority to challenge anyone's moral outrage over faggottry and other perversions.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by deb(m): 3:34pm On Feb 01, 2011
You can never correct a wrong with another wrong, Its a pathetic thing they have done to the man.
Very Sad
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by OAM4J: 3:40pm On Feb 01, 2011
I know this debate can go on and on and on till forever, but the fact remains that majority of Africans are not willing to accept homosexuality as a decent way of life (And I hope there will never be a time they will). Therefore whosoever wants to practice the act in Africa should do it in the privacy of his/her home or be ready to face the law and rejection from majority of African. Thankfully, many African countries practice democracy!

isale_gan2:

UPDATED

Thread Summary - page 3 to now:

Gays
Eku (but of course),

Bi-curious

Hetero
Sagamite,
Katsumoto,
random posters

Since you have taking the position of a judge, how about helping us summarize the points both for and against, and then declare the Heteros winner. grin
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by hustla(m): 3:41pm On Feb 01, 2011
hu sai am?
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Sagamite(m): 4:18pm On Feb 01, 2011
OAM4J:

I know this debate can go on and on and on till forever, but the fact remains that majority of Africans are not willing to accept homosexuality as a decent way of life (And I hope there will never be a time they will). Therefore whosoever wants to practice the act in Africa should do it in the privacy of his/her home or be ready to face the law and rejection from majority of African or carry their bloody arses and seek asylum in the West to practice without restrictions. Thankfully, many African countries practice democracy!

Modified!

That is sexual depravity suppression Nirvana for me.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by MOORCHMOORE(m): 4:56pm On Feb 01, 2011
I can see that some NL members are turning to something else {ANIMALS}. And they use this forum to exhibit there ANIMALISTIC NATURES.

In the Biblical days Strumpets where stoned. Today, having Red Light District is not new business.
Today, all you see and hear are stories of lesbians, gays and homosexuals and they even have Right Activist protecting them. You people fail to see problem with that. Who knows tomorrow, it might transend to Incest, with Right Activist for Incest.

For THUMBS UP for the murderers.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by isalegan2: 5:01pm On Feb 01, 2011
UPDATED - Thread Summary - page 3 to now:

Gays
Eku (but of course),
Morpheus24
Udezue (seriously, look at his profile pic)
Chrisbenogor (very angry gay)
Gar3th (gay guy, gayer name)
Gbawe (pretends to be liberal to get hot feminist chicks)
Tippy Top
Manny4life
Redsun
Idehn
OA4MJ
Adconline
2good (2good for women?)
Olojoro
Babalegba (passionate about man love)
Queensmith
Londoner
Shy-One (u so crazy)
Ileke-Idi

Bi-curious
Tasma

Questionable
Buzugee (nothing to see here)
Mobinga
OA4MJ

In a League of His Own
13volts ( "I will kill any Gay if i had a chance" )

Hetero
Sagamite,
Katsumoto,
Obiagu1
Mai Suya
Lastpage
Righton (thinks everyone except him is "secretly gay" )
Deluxecad (hates homos named david)
Elrony
Viewlekan
babaowo
Dreamchaser
Philip0906 (textspeak will turn you gay.  seriously, stop it!)
random posters
Isale-Gangan

OAM4J:

Since you have taking the position of a judge, how about helping us summarize the points both for and against, and then declare the Heteros winner. grin

Well, well. To be honest, I am shocked and saddened.  Didn't realize there were these many gays on NL.  Someone else will have to summarize the arguments and declare a winner.  All I can do is point and laugh.  cheesy

Disclaimer: If you feel you have been misinterpreted, maligned, your reputation sullied in any way, I hereby offer . . .  grin
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Katsumoto: 5:06pm On Feb 01, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oti n kolo die die. grin
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by isalegan2: 5:09pm On Feb 01, 2011
Katsumoto:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oti n kolo die die. grin

die die. a little? not a lot? smiley
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by manny4life(m): 5:10pm On Feb 01, 2011
isale_gan2:

Gays
Eku (but of course),
Morpheus24
Tippy Top
Manny4life
Redsun
Idehn
OA4MJ
Adconline
2good (2good for women?)
Olojoro
Queensmith
Londoner
Shy-One (u so crazy)
Ileke-Idi

Disclaimer: If you feel you have been misinterpreted, maligned, your reputation sullied in any way, I hereby offer . . .  grin

See o, I disagree with this list;  please, i take God and beg u, count me out, angry angry

hmm there's about to be chaos here on NL. grin
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by isalegan2: 5:23pm On Feb 01, 2011
manny4life:

See o, I disagree with this list;  please, i take God and beg u, count me out, angry angry

hmm there's about to be chaos here on NL. grin

hahahahahhehehehehohoho.  You picked a side and now you got to stick with it.  Don't abandon your team.  Very very sneaky.  You know how they punish deserters!

If you can show me a post in this thread showing the following, I might reconsider:
- you asserted your right to chase as many women as you can handle
- where you expressed regret that a life was lost, but "you know, he kinda shoulda expected it"
- you will defend to your last breath the continent of Africa from legalizing the gays
- you expressed the view that the westerners are out to ruin us by promoting this "lifestyle" and corrupting our young 'uns in their country
- you stated that the guilty party was probably a friend
You may also gain the support of 2 members on the "hetero" list that can vouch that you are not "you-know"?

You may not edit your posts. I can tell.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by SEFAGO(m): 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2011
isale_gan2:

Gays
Eku (but of course),
Morpheus24
Tippy Top
Manny4life
Redsun
Idehn
OA4MJ
Adconline
2good (2good for women?)
Olojoro
Queensmith
Londoner
Shy-One (u so crazy)
Ileke-Idi

Bi-curious
Tasma

Questionable
Buzugee (nothing to see here)
Mobinga
OA4MJ

In a League of His Own
13volts ( "I will kill any Gay if i had a chance" )

Hetero
Sagamite,
Katsumoto,
Obiagu1
Mai Suya
Lastpage
Righton (thinks everyone except him is "secretly gay" )
Deluxecad (hates homos named david)
Elrony
Viewlekan
babaowo
Dreamchaser
Philip0906 (textspeak will turn you gay.  seriously, stop it!)
random posters
Isale-Gangan

Well, well. To be honest, I am shocked and saddened.  Didn't realize there were these many gays on NL.  Someone else will have to summarize the arguments and declare a winner.  All I can do is point and laugh.  cheesy

Disclaimer: If you feel you have been misinterpreted, maligned, your reputation sullied in any way, I hereby offer . . .  grin

ode, Ponmo thighs, Cocoyam Lips, Plantain brains, An eeeediot's i/di/ot, iya alata, mugun x 1010, overused toto

Go back to the kitchen were you  belong.

U are lucky I am very busy
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by ekubear1: 7:14pm On Feb 01, 2011
Sagamite:

You have to be internally consistent at not jumping into conclusions about where I am heading.

My point is to eliminate any possible avenue of a lame argument that we can not create laws based on morality.

The kind of lame arguments you see pro-gays regurgitating that "they are not harming anyone".

The wankstar is not harming anyone too but it will be silly to say he we can not legislate he should be arrested because of that.

Not that I am saying you have said we can not, I just wanted to use you and others to discuss and eliminate it.

So what exactly is your point? That the fact that we are justified legislate against wanking in public => we can legislate against . . . what?

The right of gays to kiss in public?

Against homosexuality, period?

Fill out your argument, then I can proceed.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Katsumoto: 7:30pm On Feb 01, 2011
manny4life:

@Katsumoto, I have serious issues with this analysis because you stated as recently as 2004, mean while updated and recent reports go back to 2008 which kinda mean 2004 data maybe somewhat obsolete. Again if I understand your math, in other words you are saying 42% of the 70% totally infected people are homosexuals? That is not what I'm deducting from this same CDC website I peaked on. Though the claim of homosexuality is the wide spread of HIV, we have to understand, this numbers that make up is the claim, are they really who they are? lets take a look at this scenerio

Mr. John is married to a lovely woman, both have kids together; John keeps a relationship outside, but he has unprotected sex with his male partner. Unknown to him, his male partner is another married man (on the down low). This same partner has unprotected sex with other partners who are married as well and the cycle goes on and on;

My question is, would you classify John and his partner straight or homosexuals having known the fact that they both married?

Any man who copulates with another man is a homosexual regardless of whether he is married, single, divorced, widowed. But I suspect they will not be classed as homosexuals as long as they remain in the closet and will be included in the heterosexual group thereby lowering the actual number of at-risk or HIV-infected homosexuals.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by fstranger1: 7:31pm On Feb 01, 2011
^^^

Still waiting for those links!
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Iyineda(m): 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2011
*Passing by an incredibly hateful thread*
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by drrionelli(m): 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2011
Katsumoto:

Any man who copulates with another man is a homosexual regardless of whether he is married, single, divorced, widowed.
Actually (and I offer this with all due respect), such is not the case.  Any man who copulates with another man is performing what is considered to be a homosexual act, but this does not mean that either man is a homosexual.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by fstranger1: 7:39pm On Feb 01, 2011
drrionelli:

Actually (and I offer this with all due respect), such is not the case.  Any man who copulates with another man is performing what is considered to be a homosexual act, but this does not mean that either man is a homosexual.

Thanks for speaking truth to power!
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Sagamite(m): 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2011
eku_bear:

So what exactly is your point? That the fact that we are justified legislate against wanking in public => we can legislate against . . . what?

The right of gays to kiss in public?

Against homosexuality, period?

Fill out your argument, then I can proceed.

My point is, there are grounds to ban things if it disgusts us even if it does not physically harm anybody.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Katsumoto: 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2011
drrionelli:

I am confused; are we playing with words now? Are you being pedantic? Please elucidate further; I am keen to understand more.

Is this in the league of the 'not every girl who sells her body for money' is a pro.sti.tute?
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by manny4life(m): 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2011
Katsumoto:

Any man who copulates with another man is a homosexual regardless of whether he is married, single, divorced, widowed. But I suspect they will not be classed as homosexuals as long as they remain in the closet and will be included in the heterosexual group thereby lowering the actual number of at-risk or HIV-infected homosexuals.

I disagree with you; the term homosexual mean a man who is attracted to other men. Just because they engage in homosexual behaviours doesn't mean they are homosexuals. I say this because same men are sexually attracted to opposite sex; the women. They have same attraction for both, so neither takes precedence. So as you can see, your reasoning is somewhat flawed because they don't have to remain in the closet but still be part of the heterosexual community.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Basseti: 7:53pm On Feb 01, 2011
MOORCH MOORE:

I can see that some NL members are turning to something else {ANIMALS}. And they use this forum to exhibit there ANIMALISTIC NATURES.

In the Biblical days Strumpets where stoned. Today, having Red Light District is not new business.
Today, all you see and hear are  stories of lesbians, gays and homosexuals and they even have Right Activist protecting them. You people fail to see problem with that. Who knows tomorrow, it might transend to Inbreeding, with Right Activist for Inbreeding.

For THUMBS UP for the murderers.

Wow!!!!

Justice is for the Lord to dispense, not urs.

Since when is taking another human being's life ok??  sad

U can either agree or disagree with someone's life style. Having blood on ur hands just because of ur disagreement is entirely a different issue.

Besides, can U honestly look urself in the mirror and say that homosexuality is Africa's biggest problem?  undecided Talk about chasing a rat when ur house is in blazes.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Katsumoto: 7:57pm On Feb 01, 2011
manny4life:

I disagree with you; the term homosexual mean a man who is attracted to other men. Just because they engage in homosexual behaviours doesn't mean they are homosexuals. I say this because same men are sexually attracted to opposite sex; the women. They have same attraction for both, so neither takes precedence. Just like you said they remain in the closet and they are not counted as part of the group.

I accept your right to your opinion; however, I am going to do a Bill Clinton right now. In my mind and in my honest opinion, a man who copulates with another man is a homosexual. You may find other terms to describe other sexual proclivities that the said man may have.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by redsun(m): 7:58pm On Feb 01, 2011
Most of these idio-ts talking nonsense take bittches in d arse but just b-cos they are bittches,it is not perverted,in their own word. D ones that don't are sad muderfubkers who only belieue in missionary style without any sexual fantasies and escapades
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by eldee(m): 8:05pm On Feb 01, 2011
Now that I successfully killed the 'Against Nature' argument . . . I'm coming back to kill the 'disgust' one.
I'v not got time now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (37) (Reply)

Joi John Compares Obama To Buhari Over Plateau Killings (Photos) / President Muhammadu Buhari Mourns General Abba Kyari’s Demise / Court Stops Folasade, Tinubu’s Daughter, Others From Levying Computer Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.