Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Buhari Broke Into Tears - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Broke Into Tears (32494 Views)

For The First Time Buhari Broke Gej Record / Buhari Broke Tinubu's Heart By Choosing Osinbajo - Leadership / Buhari Broke Tinubu's Heart By Choosing Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by emiye(m): 10:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
Jesus wept !

John 11: 35
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2011
Crying for his beloved country

Vote Saturday 16th April 2011

Vote for:

Integrity, Competence with Humility

Be wise with your vote!!

[flash=850,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acd4f_miAvA?version=3[/flash]
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by DrummaBoy(m): 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2011
"It will take total blindness to vote for the PDP in 2011. Only 4 sets of people can vote for the PDP in 2011: (1) those who are intellectually blind. (2) those who are blinded by ethnicity (3) those who are blinded by corruption and therefore afraid of the unknown, should power change hands; and finally (4) those who are suffering from a combination of the above 3 terminal sicknesses" , Prof.Wole Soyinka.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Beaf: 10:07pm On Apr 13, 2011
Rewind!!!

[img]http://natna.files./2010/08/crocodile-tears-1.jpg[/img]

[size=14pt]"I am Buhari and my tears are worth $2.8billa NNPC money!
How much are yours na?"
[/size]
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by DrummaBoy(m): 10:07pm On Apr 13, 2011
The man BUHARI according to Musa Yar’Adua,

Musa Yar’Adua:

“Buhari is… one of the few boys trusted by his classmates… quite dependable.”

, Asiwaju Tinubu:

“… a man to whom honour is due. And I say honour is all about integrity; honour is about truthfulness, honour is about consistency; honour is about courage and candour; honour is about transparency; honour is about credibility; honour is about character. All these sum up the person of General Muhammadu Buhari. A definitive proof on the life of a great soldier, statesman and now a politician.”

Audu Ogbeh:

“Buhari is a credible personality and a committed democrat, who believes in the unity of Nigeria.”

TheNEWS Magazine:

“Buhari regime… have gone down as the most patriotic, honest and sincere in Nigeria’s history.”

“Buhari… has made honesty a platform , a quality that makes him a rare specie in Abuja’s corruption ridden society. This man exudes honesty. Everything around his Kaduna office and home speaks of cleanliness and modesty and they seem to reflect an inner cleanliness.”

“Buhari is a basics man, who seemed to have conquered such everyday failings of pride,greed that have blighted Nigeria’s political leadership.”

Gani Fawehinmi:

“ I knew him by his principles, determination and passion to rid the country of corruption.”

“When we talk of anti-corruption war, there is no way you will exclude General Buhari,”

“I don’t want to hear what a political party is going to do, whether ANPP, or PDP, or NDP, or which other political organization. Tell me who is leading the party, tell me who is leading the government, that’s my concern. It’s a matter of leadership.”

The Roundtable, With Tiko Okoye:

“General Buhari had gone to visit his (then) running mate – Dr. Chuba Okadigbo – at home during the Christian Lenten season. He reportedly remonstrated the late Oyi of Oyi for having breakfast when he should have been fasting. That is Buhari for you: a man of integrity who takes his religion seriously but would also want others to take theirs seriously too; not the sanctimonious type that preaches one thing while doing the exact opposite.”

Asiwaju Tinubu:

“What does a personality like Buhari mean to Nigeria? For me, the most important thing is that here is a man who does not live a lie. I repeat, this is a man who does not live a lie. His every conduct reflects his inner convictions. Here is a man who practices what he preaches. Here is a man who never puts on a mask of deception. Here is a man who is never afraid to be what he is. Here is an embodiment of philosophical injuctions.”

A Compilation by ARISE NIGERIA TODAY - arisenigeria2@yahoo.com

See More
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 13, 2011
TRuth would prevail
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by obailala(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2011
The same Nigerians that have cried bitterly under the PDP regime for the past 12years have now made a U-turn to come and vote the same PDP to maintain the

degenerating statusquo. They say they are voting for GEJ not PDP but they fail to understand that nothing good can come out of a cult of P[/b]rincipalities and

[b]D
emonic Powers. I pray we all live to see the result of our collective folly when the time comes.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Wahala90: 10:13pm On Apr 13, 2011
[size=14pt]Goodluck Jonathan is not the best option. He is the only option![/size]
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by DrummaBoy(m): 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2011
@ Beaf
You either go to sleep, switch on the cantoon network and have your fill or do something reasonable. Your posts in this thread make no sense at all!
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by ndu1988: 10:17pm On Apr 13, 2011
These are crocodile tears, we do not need the likes of Buhari tears in this democratic dispensation even though he is lachrymose in nature it should be appreciated if he is doing that in Dodan barracks.Buhari had been there before, there is no traceable or striking developmental structure that was recorded during his misruled and dictatorial regime. Let Buhari bury his inordinate ambition.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 13, 2011
well what can i say
to Buhari
if you win or you lose,you have ridden above the herd of hollow men, the one who can look death straight in the eyes,the one who has substance and form.
The one who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom

to GEJ supporters i will laugh if you win
because my laughter is Nigeria's eulogy,
RIP Nigeria,
welcome inflation
welcome to new hell
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 13, 2011
well what can i say
to Buhari
if you win or you lose,you have ridden above the herd of hollow men, the one who can look death straight in the eyes,the one who has substance and form.
The one who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom

@sane and rational Nigerians,answer not a fool to his folly,when you argue with GEJ's people you end up feeling drained, because they have eyes and they choose to be blind,they have a brain and they chose to dumd,they have ears and they chose to be deaf,dont waste your energies on them,they will not be rational or sane.Let it go.Go out vote for your conscience and hope for the best

to GEJ supporters i will laugh if you win
because my laughter is Nigeria's eulogy,
RIP Nigeria,
welcome inflation
welcome to new hell
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 13, 2011
@sane and rational Nigerians,answer not a fool to his folly,when you argue with GEJ's people you end up feeling drained, because they have eyes and they choose to be blind,they have a brain and they choose to dumb,they have ears and they choose to be deaf,dont waste your energies on them,they will not be rational or sane.Let it go.Go out vote for your conscience and hope for the best
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Wahala90: 10:26pm On Apr 13, 2011
[size=13pt]A wise man once said, "Never trust an ex-General. Never!"[/size]
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Gbenge77(m): 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2011
monkeyleg:

Same president Endorsed A known Crook of a Governor, wanted in the UK for Money Laudering charges. Causing wicked problems in Delta state, All to satisfy his selfish desire. Now Delta state is in real trouble.

People mus open thier eyes, this is not time for sentiments for change. Kick PDP out, or we will be back here in 4yrs complaining
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Wahala90: 10:30pm On Apr 13, 2011
[size=13pt]"If a man that can give us a free and fair election is in PDP, then that man is fit to wear the presidential crown."[/size]
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 13, 2011
if there is one thing i have learnt in nairaland it is to
never argue with a fool
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Ezebinaugwu(m): 10:37pm On Apr 13, 2011
He should not only cry coz by sartuday he will shead blood. idiot he want to rule nigeria, that will be in hell nonsence. GEJ WILL BEAT HIM HANDSDOWN.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by ndu1988: 10:42pm On Apr 13, 2011
There are no easy way to Aso Rock for Gen Buhari because he has since been forgotten after 26 years he left as Head of State. Buhari is a father of all clowns while Ribadu is the smallest of all clowns. A vote for BB is a vote for disunity and perdition. Vote Gej for president come 16 of April 2011. GoodLuckooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo for me oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo for you ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo and everybodyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by hbrednic: 10:44pm On Apr 13, 2011
weep not, gran pa  embarassed
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by ziccoit: 10:44pm On Apr 13, 2011
This man is the best in his class. South and North of this country, I have never seen a man as upright as Buhari. Whatever the out come of this rigged election, he remained my president the one I am voting for. So when my children ask what are my contributions to help Nigeria out of wood? I will boldly tell them I vote a man of integrity against a deceiving humility that knew how to bribe his party delegates to scuttle the establishment of a true democracy all in the name of desperation.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 13, 2011
Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly

Proverbs 15:2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

proverbs 9:6 Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Proverbs 14:7 Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.

Psalms 107:17 Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.

Proverbs 19:29 Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools
Proverbs 13:20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

Proverbs 3:35 The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.

Proverbs 20:3 It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling
Proverbs 10:18 He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

roverbs 14:16 A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.
Proverbs 14:8 The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit.

Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by efisher(m): 10:47pm On Apr 13, 2011
I wonder if he will still blame his loss on rigging this time!
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 13, 2011
Why do I get the feeling that Buhari knows that he is going to fail and this will be his last chance of continuing his wide goose chase to become a democratically elected President?
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Beaf: 10:59pm On Apr 13, 2011
efisher:

I wonder if he will still blame his loss on rigging this time!

That might be the real reason he's crying. He has looked at the transparency of the elections and realised that his "lynch riggers" mantra will affect only him, cos 90% of his supporters are 10 year old almajiri's.

A Buhari supporter in Katsina state:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/423419_childVoter_jpga0121e13767e398d906505a90b2c5b0b
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by goggs(m): 10:59pm On Apr 13, 2011
I saw the General break down on TV.

I thought I saw sincerity in there. I doubt if anything else will make him so emotional. What he must have thought of is how badly things are, and the burning desire to fix them. Great Gani Fawenhinmi also broke down and cried when talking about the country's decadence. I am certain they were not crocodile tears. A careful analysis of where Nigeria is coming from and  is headed can bring  a patriot to tears

I feel his frustration. I am yet to make up my mind for a candidate, but I am gradually becoming certain that Goodluck may not likely get my vote because he is yet to convince me on his plan to fight corruption (if he has any at all), and the lack of a strong economic team. These are the biggest issues I am very worried about.

I am open though; an undecided voter if you will. However, buhari is slightly ahead of ribadu in the race for my thumb this Saturday.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by bigma(m): 11:02pm On Apr 13, 2011
The cry should have waited till monday when the result will be announced because he will definitely cry.SO THE RICH ALSO CRY

VOTE GEJ FOR PRESIDENT
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by hakanai(m): 11:02pm On Apr 13, 2011
Buhari weeps over nation’s problems
On April 13, 2011 · · In Headlines
Says this is his last outing for the Presidency
=Says he didn’t touch any kobo while in office
=Challenges other candidates now and before to say same
By HENRY UMORU

ABUJA— IT was a solemn moment, Wednesday, as the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, and former Military Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari, broke down in tears while lamenting the problems confronting the country.

The venue was the International Conference Centre, Abuja.     Buhari broke down in tears    at the  event organised by the party to mark the end of its presidential campaign.  Buhari wept intermittently as he managed to conclude his   12 page address.

Vice presidential candidate of CPC, Pastor Tunde Bakare, former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, ex- Secretary of Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, Col. Hameed Ali (rtd.) who were on the high table as Buhari sobbed in between words were also moved to tears as they used their handkerchiefs to control sipping tears.
Ife Oyedele, a member of the Board of Trustees, BoT of the party, however, wept profusely throughout the period Buhari spoke.

Emotions
The emotions created by Buhari’s sobs inevitably led to the abrupt disruption of the question and answer session with newsmen that was scheduled to follow.

In his speech, Buhari had said that the 2011 contest would be his last pursuit of the presidency stressing  that while he occupied the office of military head of state, he never touched a kobo of public funds. He thus challenged other presidential candidates who had occupied public office to a public attestation of his claim.

“After being head of state, I am sure I could easily have retired into a life of comfort and ease as an elder statesman, as a contractor or as a beneficiary of anyone of the nation’s many generous prebendal offerings.

But that is not what I wish to do with my life. And so, if I don’t take any of these alternative courses of action, it should be clear that I am not in this for the love of office or for pursuit after personal glory or in order to achieve some personal goal. Far be it from me that this should be.

I need nothing and I have nothing more to prove. I am in this solely for the love of my country and concern for its destiny and the fate of its people. And that is why, despite the many disappointments along the way, I am still in the struggle and will remain in it to the end. I have decided to dedicate the remainder of my life to fighting for the people of this country-until their right is restored to them.

[b]Massive rigging
[/b]Buhari who urged the electorate to guard and protect their votes in next Saturday’s election, warned, “You must maintain your presence during the counting and collating of the votes and the announcement of the results.

Because you haven’t done this in all cases, they have already started turning your victories into defeats. The massive rigging that took place last Saturday is unacceptable, and you must not allow a repeat performance next Saturday.”

The Presidential candidate who titled his briefing as “Creating Hope for the Future,” said, “Today is exactly 18 weeks since I declared my intention to contest the presidential election; and I must say it has been a very memorable period of time for me. As always, being on the campaign trail has been for all of us a most educating experience.

“For me this campaign is doubly significant. First, because it is an election in which more clearly and more unambiguously than the previous two in 2003 and 2007, our victory is assured, as evidenced by the unprecedented turnout by the people and spontaneous popular acclaim all over the country.

“And, second, because this campaign is the third and last one for me; since, after it, I will not present myself again for election into the office of the president.

Potable water
“As a Nigerian, I already know as of fact that for a vast majority of our people electricity and potable water remain unavailable and unaffordable. I have been told of how uncountable numbers of children drop out of schools because their parents cannot afford to pay their school fees and how many more go without school all together.”

Expressing gratitude to the nation, Buhari said: “That is why I wish to seize this opportunity to express my gratitude to you, the people of this country for your constancy in keeping faith with the nation despite all these problems; and I must, especially, thank you most warmly for your unprecedented, massive show of support to our cause, as expressed by your constant presence on the scene.

“This demonstration of support and your determination to midwife and support change are a cause of concern for the enemies of democracy, progress and national unity. And I must also thank you for answering our call to you to register en masse for the election. I am very glad to say that you have done this. Now, you must take matters to their logical conclusion.

The CPC Presidential Candidate said: “My primary mission in the service of Nigeria as president is to provide the requisite leadership for the actualization of our collective vision _ by example, by action and by sacrifice.”

These for me shall remain articles of faith in my conduct as a public servant. To actualize this vision and achieve the mission, I will be guided by the following three principles: creating opportunity for all Nigerians, demanding responsibility from all Nigerians, and forging a strong and virile communal spirit among all Nigerians.”

“This is a vision that should draw us together as a people and not pull us apart as enemies; a vision that will improve leadership and not seek to deify leaders; a vision that will enrich the system and not steal from the country and impoverish it; a vision that will develop our potentials and not destroy us as a people. This is my vision for Nigeria. I believe it is a vision whose time has come. We must, therefore, as a people, work hard to create this new Nigeria of our dream.

‘’Fellow patriots, the seed of our future is in our today. As we prepare to enter into the second decade of the new millennium, more and more of our people will be looking up to the leadership for solutions to the problems of their daily lives. These are demands we must strive hard to meet. I joined politics and particularly this presidential race to respond to this need.

“While we will strive to work closely with all anti_corruption agencies, we are however going to lead by example. We will endeavour to build and promote honesty in our polity, so that public properly is treated as a sacred trust in our care for which we will be held accountable.

“Never again should the people of this nation have to tolerate the rape of their nation, the pillage of their resources and the consequent destruction of their nation. In order to succeed in this, as in all other national endeavours, we need unity to end the destructive divisiveness along the people of our dear country. I would therefore like to call upon you to close your ranks and stand proudly as Nigerians, because there is pretty little that can be achieved without unity.

“Unity is needed within the party, between our party and other parties; it  is in fact needed among all the political parties within the country, and it is needed between political friends and foes. We need unity of purpose to defeat the enemies of the people, to be able to successfully attack problems and to be able to deepen the roots of our nascent democratic culture.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

BB for Life
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by sartorius(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
Inflation crap, I believe the cbn governor and finance minister ve the competence to advice mr pres, don't want a shamshudden like kina f-minister o. Its not as if gej is d messiah he is far from it, but we don't want directionless rule, we r moving, albeit slowly in the right direction. Its better than goin back to 99 then we ask ourselves, apart from anti corruption we don't know bb selling point.

Policy stabilisation, continuity, aids prosress

With foi passed by assembly we. Ve to form pressure grps to get d law enacted and hence corrupt deatils wud be known, its not for one man alone.its not easy.

Don't cry buhar, u are a good man. Next
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by goggs(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
Beaf:

That might be the real reason he's crying. He has looked at the transparency of the elections and realised that his "lynch riggers" mantra will affect only him, cos 90% of his supporters are 10 year old almajiri's.

A Buhari supporter in Katsina state:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/423419_childVoter_jpga0121e13767e398d906505a90b2c5b0b

Ha Ah Let us be fair now. Zoom in and look at the photograph on the voters card and ask yourselves if its the same boy holding it.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 13, 2011
A prayer for suppoters of GEJ

As you cast you vote for pdp come saturday, may any bad policies they (pdp government) pass (if they get to win) affect you, you family and generation yet unborn 100 times more than it will affect any other group of person(s)

Any curse you throw on the president and any member of the pdp party, may it bounce back to you, your family and generation yet unborn in a million folds.

May you never get to regret for a second why you voted the pdp into power for if you do (even for a second) then and only then will your suffering start to multiply.

May you be the shield to absolve/absorb ALL the bad policies passed unto the masses and the country as a whole.

AMEEN!!!

beef and others i want you all to say amen to the above prayer.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by deezzle(m): 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2011
talknafree:

A prayer for suppoters of GEJ

As you cast you vote for pdp come saturday, may any bad policies they (pdp government) pass (if they get to win) affect you, you family and generation yet unborn 100 times more than it will affect any other group of person(s)

Any curse you throw on the president and any member of the pdp party, may it bounce back to you, your family and generation yet unborn in a million folds.

May you never get to regret for a second why you voted the pdp into power for if you do (even for a second) then and only then will your suffering start to multiply.

May you be the shield to absolve/absorb ALL the bad policies passed unto the masses and the country as a whole.

AMEEN!!!

beef and others i want you all to say amen to the above prayer.

The man is a decorated GENERAL!!! How can he shed crocodile tears?? Nigerians, what exactly do you want

Why is it hard for people to see passion? is it because most people don't really have it? I saw the clip and i was moved because the man is not crying to win anybody's sympathy but crying because he knows that we are a hard to please people who will always find it hard to be united due to our selfishness, greed and self-imposed blindness to our reality(eternal sentence to unwarranted suffering).

Like obasanjo said, even if our Lord Jesus Christ comes down and vies for a position of Presidency, and He doesnt bribe (which He will never do) or sponsor star studded adverts, Nigerians will cast their vote for the man who gives them "chop-chop".

I am in no way comparing any man with Jesus, I am just trying to explain my conclusions about the confused people known as Nigerians.

Whenever you hear the excuses given by pro Jonathan supporters and anti Buhari supporters, the question that comes to mind is "what do nigerians really want?"

It is like a woman that is regularly abused by her man but keeps going back once he begs and gives her some gifts.

Nigerians, wake up from your slumber, PDP has nothing good to offer you and this trend will continue until we use our votes right

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Presidency Says CNG To Cost ₦‎230 Per Kg / Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce / Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.