Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... (33371 Views)

Why Do Nigeria Girls Lie That They Don't Care About Money ? / "Get A Partner That Offer You Values, It Is Not About Money"- Facebook User / "What's The Fuss About Money?" - Korra Obidi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
Nazgul:

Well said.

Hunger and greed is what has made relationships terrible, most girls just keep longing for what will destroy them.

Only a foolish girl will accept to date a successful guy whom she rejected when he was still struggling. Such relationship will definitely have no future cos the guy will make sure he bangs her brains out then kick her off and still mock her, some guys can be that childish.

It's not childishness, it's vengeance. Some people are just revengeful by nature, can't help it and it's not gender-specific.

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Oyin2212(m): 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2021
pansophist:

Guyman wey sabi grin

Self-awareness is something you will hardly find in a woman. If he doesn't have money, her brain will convince herself, with proof, while she is not attracted to him. Her brain will generate numerous verifiable points that will fool the untrained mind and herself, that she just doesn't feel him.

But when he has money, her brain will restructure itself to see the positivity in him, and she would actually genuinely fall in love with him. She will train herself to love you, and convinced she found true love. It's miraculous to observed, and this is a well-known phenomena in psychology, it's called "the Halo effect".

Even worse, if he later becomes broke, her brain will rewrite history, and convinced her again that she was immature, didn't knew what she want, and he has not been good to her. She would question herself how on earth did she fell in love with such looser, and her other dumb friends will pander to her that "she is too good for him, she should look for something better". Classical female advice.

grin
This is far too accurate
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:41pm On Aug 18, 2021
RPirez:

Isn't it so funny that the unattractive girls seem to be the loudest?
interesting?!!!

Please tell us more!!

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Delph123(m): 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2021
I smell lies grin
Op play us the real tape

2 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Christian07(m): 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2021
purples25:
I just stopped laughing.

Something I'm used to happened today. A guy that I had politely refused last year came to me this morning. He immediately told me he has a job now. Told me the full name of the company and everything else. Then he started asking me aggressively about where I have reached in life and all that.

I chatted normally with him, I told him I was happy for him. Later, he asked if he could call me at a certain time. When I told him he could, he started saying that it was not so before, that before, my anthem was that he cannot reach me for various excuses.

I laughed, because, I now understood the whole issue. He believed it was because of money that I didn't allow him access to me anyhow. I just told him that he shouldn't worry because my phone was bad. He continued to reply in a sour tone. The funny thing is that I have no business with his money, because I am sure that none will land in my palm...so why would i be tripping because he got a job?

Another guy I rejected politely acted normal at the time. But after years he came back, asking me with full spite about my marital status and my job. Lol. He told me how he has a company now. I knew that was true because I had seen evidence of it growing and info about it in public over the years. He insisted that we should be dating now. But it couldn't happen because i knew he was just bitter, and thought that i should fall now because he has made it.

Guys, its not all about the money. Some women don't use your money to survive. Some have parents and don't really care to be bound in chains because of indomie and egg, credit, or sharwama. There are more serious issues. E.g the relationship should be going somewhere. Sometimes its tribal or religious, maybe she knows her parents wont accept you. Why would a woman smell what she won't eat, just because of your feelings?

Guys, take a chill pill.

He now has money you still want to control the guy

3 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Riscawendy(f): 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2021
If you like make all the money in Nigeria and America joined together, if you like spend all of them on me, but when it comes marriage which l know is a " destiny junction" l can't walk down the aisle with you just because you're rich, if you don't have other qualities l need in my man, l won't marry you.

3 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Mypeople2(m): 11:01pm On Aug 18, 2021
purples25:
I just stopped laughing.

Something I'm used to happened today. A guy that I had politely refused last year came to me this morning. He immediately told me he has a job now. Told me the full name of the company and everything else. Then he started asking me aggressively about where I have reached in life and all that.

I chatted normally with him, I told him I was happy for him. Later, he asked if he could call me at a certain time. When I told him he could, he started saying that it was not so before, that before, my anthem was that he cannot reach me for various excuses.

I laughed, because, I now understood the whole issue. He believed it was because of money that I didn't allow him access to me anyhow. I just told him that he shouldn't worry because my phone was bad. He continued to reply in a sour tone. The funny thing is that I have no business with his money, because I am sure that none will land in my palm...so why would i be tripping because he got a job?

Another guy I rejected politely acted normal at the time. But after years he came back, asking me with full spite about my marital status and my job. Lol. He told me how he has a company now. I knew that was true because I had seen evidence of it growing and info about it in public over the years. He insisted that we should be dating now. But it couldn't happen because i knew he was just bitter, and thought that i should fall now because he has made it.

Guys, its not all about the money. Some women don't use your money to survive. Some have parents and don't really care to be bound in chains because of indomie and egg, credit, or sharwama. There are more serious issues. E.g the relationship should be going somewhere. Sometimes its tribal or religious, maybe she knows her parents wont accept you. Why would a woman smell what she won't eat, just because of your feelings?

Guys, take a chill pill.
My dear I sti cannot vouch for any lady.N1500 ice cream or barbecue fish can make her to leave you immediate one guy says he will buy it for her , even if both of you were about to kiss on the bed .I know you have a price....the highest na car or the latest iPhone
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Mypeople2(m): 11:02pm On Aug 18, 2021
Riscawendy:
If you like make all the money in Nigeria and America joined together, if you like spend all of them on me, but when it comes marriage which l know is a " destiny junction" l can't walk down the aisle with you just because you're rich, if you don't have other qualities l need in my man, l won't marry you.
Story for the gods.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 19, 2021
She is pained. Hehehehe. My belle. This is pain na. You need to read the meanings within the meanings to understand.

Guys. If you have serious cash and you want to live happily ever after throw it somewhere and live broke. If she still stays marry her. I won't talk more than this
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 1:49am On Aug 19, 2021
effort1:

You mean love and affection like a shopping trip to Dubai?

Nope.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by effort1: 1:56am On Aug 19, 2021
purples25:

Nope.

Then, what's your idea of love and affection, if you don't mind?
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 2:04am On Aug 19, 2021
Ishilove:

Are there really women who can be bound by

Sharwarma- 500/1000
Credit- 500
Indomie and eggs- 450

?? undecided undecided

Exactly!

Just throwing their accusations back o. I don't know where they see these people. Cuz they always refer to this famous sharwama and indomie and egg. I'm just Freeing our ladies.

BTW I am just seeing this whole thing now... I was like fifty something mentions, who did I kill.. grin cheesy Who put this topic on front page?

Just laughing here I swear

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 2:07am On Aug 19, 2021
effort1:

Then, what's your idea of love and affection, if you don't mind?

Showing concern and care by calling, texting and seeing regularly. Being an emotional support in good and bad times. Even if you don't have money, be there physically every step of the way.

Show seriousness by making plans for the future together. That's a start.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by eeithis(m): 2:27am On Aug 19, 2021
purples25:

My price is love and affection, and something that is going somewhere. But sex is the thing that most guys want.
who no won sex?
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 2:37am On Aug 19, 2021
eeithis:
who no won sex?

Everyone wants it. But let it be the last thing. Cuz it distracts people from the real purpose in the relationship.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by NeeKlaus: 2:39am On Aug 19, 2021
Purples25, I feel you would just be acting deceptive or dishonestly if you say "Money is not a major factor to win a woman's affection".

Reality check, we are still in Nigeria and you and I know how easily a guy's financial buoyancy sways a woman's attention in this country.

However, I won't commit the offence of Generalization; not all Nigerian women are like that. There are still some that don't care about the fatness of your wallet. Whether you are in this category or not, I do not know.

But at least 80% of women in Nigeria between the ages of 18-40 (the dating age) would always prefer a wealthy man to a broke man firstly, before looking at other factors like "love, trust, character" and all those other things that follow.

You know this.
It might not necessarily apply to you, but you know this.

2 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 2:44am On Aug 19, 2021
NeeKlaus:
Purples25, I feel you would just be acting deceptive or dishonestly if you say "Money is not a major factor to win a woman's affection".

Reality check, we are still in Nigeria and you and I know how easily a guy's financial buoyancy sways a woman's attention in this country.

However, I won't commit the offence of Generalization; not all Nigerian women are like that. There are still some that don't care about the fatness of your wallet. Whether you are in this category or not, I do not know.

But at least 80% of women in Nigeria between the ages of 18-40 (the dating age) would always prefer a wealthy man to a broke man firstly, before looking at other factors like "love, trust, character" and all those other things that follow.

You know this.
It might not necessarily apply to you, but you know this.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try to explain some things. But if I say some things... They would sound very strange to everyone.

Money matters, not denying that. Guys just need to stop thinking its the one and only.

3 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by NeeKlaus: 2:49am On Aug 19, 2021
purples25:

Maybe tomorrow I'll try to explain some things. But if I say some things... They would sound very strange to everyone.

Money matters, not denying that. Guys just need to stop thinking its the one and only.
To be honest, you shouldn't blame most guys for thinking that way.

You are not a guy, obviously. So you wouldn't know what the many experiences and rejections we have faced in the hands of females has conditioned us to believe.

If Men begin to sing the tales of their experiences, it would definitely win a Grammy.

Although, I don't believe money is all it takes to get a woman because I have many other sides to my personality but I wouldn't blame guys who have that mindset. The Nigerian setting ingrained it in them.

2 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by maestro299: 3:49am On Aug 19, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
the one thing that stands out is thier sense of entitlement. It never entered their minds that you just aren't attracted to them?

The niggatry of it all!!

This is the main reason why 'nice' guys never get the girls, because they feel that since they are nice, girls deserve to fall at thier feet
. This also goes to those 'church going sisters' wondering why they are not married yet.

People can smell insincerity, and it's repulsive.

Interesting...
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by effort1: 4:36am On Aug 19, 2021
purples25:

Showing concern and care by calling, texting and seeing regularly. Being an emotional support in good and bad times. Even if you don't have money, be there physically every step of the way.

Show seriousness by making plans for the future together. That's a start.

Lolz. You can't be serious with all these. Stop whining me.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by pecebon: 7:43am On Aug 19, 2021
If na tribal or religion den scr** u..u are just as bad as he is.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Champella(m): 8:54am On Aug 19, 2021
peacefull:

Thank you so much!
I really appreciate you!!

Japan is good season now!
Spring! Not too hot or too cold. Very nice weather!
Coming soon cherry blossoms will start to bloom.

But corona virus is disturbing us.

What about Nigeria? Your place?
Hot? or cold?
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 11:39am On Aug 19, 2021
effort1:

Lolz. You can't be serious with all these. Stop whining me.

Maybe you're too young to understand. You probably haven't seen where there is money but your partner doesn't give a hoot about you.

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by effort1: 11:41am On Aug 19, 2021
purples25:

Maybe you're too young to understand. You probably haven't seen where there is money but your partner doesn't give a hoot about you.

Why do some of you ladies here think everyone on nairaland is a small boy?

What birthed that funny idea? Do you mind sharing?
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 12:00pm On Aug 19, 2021
effort1:

Why do some of you ladies here think everyone on nairaland is a small boy?

What birthed that funny idea? Do you mind sharing?

Sorry if that part offended you. But I feel people should understand that characters and problems are as wide and diverse as all the beaches of sand on this earth.

Some people's problems aren't really about money. That's why sometimes the rich man's wife sleeps around, because he really doesn't give a shit about her. He gives her everything, but as a human being, she needs who to talk to, make her laugh, play with her. Some men will never do that, and soon you will hear of cheating.

Caring for me and really being present in my life is very important to me. From there is where true concern will show. From there is where we will both give our last 500 for each other in any crisis no matter how broke we are.

The fact that you don't seem to get that is what made me think maybe you've not been around here for long. But again, I apologize for that assumption.

2 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by effort1: 12:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
purples25:

Sorry if that part offended you. But I feel people should understand that characters and problems are as wide and diverse as all the beaches of sand on this earth.

Some people's problems aren't really about money. That's why sometimes the rich man's wife sleeps around, because he really doesn't give a shit about her. He gives her everything, but as a human being, she needs who to talk to, make her laugh, play with her. Some men will never do that, and soon you will hear of cheating.

Caring for me and really being present in my life is very important to me. From there is where true concern will show. From there is where we will both give our last 500 for each other in any crisis no matter how broke we are.

The fact that you don't seem to get that is what made me think maybe you've not been around here for long. But again, I apologize for that assumption.

Of course I get it. I only think this kind of genuine and affectionate understanding about love is dead and buried in the past, not with the unhelpful stance of social media and it's destructive influence.

Where are you located?
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by peacefull(f): 2:19am On Aug 20, 2021
aynerodcirus:

Duh! Money can buy definitely buy someone’s heart..., why else is there heart transplant

Sorry, I don't understand.
Surgery?

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by peacefull(f): 2:23am On Aug 20, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Talo m'egun wa?

Sorry, I can't read it and I can't understand it.
Please I wanna learn! What is this meaning?

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by peacefull(f): 2:32am On Aug 20, 2021
zanshi:

Everything is money, you berated us in our early years calling us broke, no problem.
We went to double our hustle and now we want some action all of sudden, money is not important.

Rest abeg.

Don't blame it is the dating cues Nollywood showed to us on how to get women.

Everything is transactional these days and we men love it like that.

I'm sorry, I can't understand.
When did I berate you? and When did I call you broke?
Did I make you feel so bad or hurt you before?

Please I wanna understand very well.
Did I do something wrong to you before?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

You Are Not Man Enough - Ladies Only / Lagos Babe Scams Guy She Met On Twitter / Some Topics MOST Of Our Nairaland Ladies Don't Joke With!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.