Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... (33362 Views)

Why Do Nigeria Girls Lie That They Don't Care About Money ? / "Get A Partner That Offer You Values, It Is Not About Money"- Facebook User / "What's The Fuss About Money?" - Korra Obidi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by dermmy(m): 6:36am On Mar 15, 2021
peacefull:
Some Nigerian men believe money can buy love?
Money can get everything what they want including women and their love?
Some peoples believe like that?
Why some peoples seems like attacking her? Because she said no to men before?

Or am I misunderstanding?

I like purples25!
I like what you write! I should say what you wrote?

To me, of course money is very important for life.
But not everything money, money, money.
Money can't buy everything especially someone's heart smiley

But that's what you ladies have made them to believe. An average Nigerian lady would always go for the highest bidder. Money is a big factor when considering your suitors. That is the message you ladies keep passing to guys out there so I don't blame those guys for coming back to woo her after they have made some change. Even if the Op did not give them that impression that money is what she's going after I am very sure those guys have had experience with some ladies in the past where they got that impression that the financial status of the guy is what you ladies would first consider which would determine your Yes/No which is always the case in a class society like Nigeria.

You know this so don't pretend... Can you date or marry a broke guy? Can you start your life with a guy who has little or nothing? No, you ladies want a ready made guy so don't blame those guys, that's the impression the ladies in the polity have given them.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 6:51am On Mar 15, 2021
dermmy:

But that's what you ladies have made them to believe. An average Nigerian lady would always go for the highest bidder. Money is a big factor when considering your suitors. That is the message you ladies keep passing to guys out there so I don't blame those guys for coming back to woo her after they have made some change. Even if the Op did not give them that impression that money is what she's going after I am very sure those guys have had experience with some ladies in the past where they got that impression that money is what you ladies want which is always the case in a class society like Nigeria.

You know this so don't pretend... Can you date or marry a broke guy? Can you start your life with a guy who has nothing? No, you ladies want a ready made guy so don't blame those guys, that's the impression the ladies in the polity have given them.

Lots of women marry broke guys by the way.

Rich people are very few around here.

3 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 6:53am On Mar 15, 2021
peacefull:

I like purples25!

Thanks Sister. They are insecure.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 6:53am On Mar 15, 2021
pryme:

I take this with a grain of salt.

That's fine. grin

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by needanswer: 9:34am On Mar 15, 2021
purples25:

Lots of women marry broke guys by the way.

Rich people are very few around here.

"When the desired is not available, the available becomes desired" - anonymous

6 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:56am On Mar 15, 2021
purples25:
I just stopped laughing.

Something I'm used to happened today. A guy that I had politely refused last year came to me this morning. He immediately told me he has a job now. Told me the full name of the company and everything else. Then he started asking me aggressively about where I have reached in life and all that.

I chatted normally with him, I told him I was happy for him. Later, he asked if he could call me at a certain time. When I told him he could, he started saying that it was not so before, that before, my anthem was that he cannot reach me for various excuses.

I laughed, because, I now understood the whole issue. He believed it was because of money that I didn't allow him access to me anyhow. I just told him that he shouldn't worry because my phone was bad. He continued to reply in a sour tone. The funny thing is that I have no business with his money, because I am sure that none will land in my palm...so why would i be tripping because he got a job?

Another guy I rejected politely acted normal at the time. But after years he came back, asking me with full spite about my marital status and my job. Lol. He told me how he has a company now. I knew that was true because I had seen evidence of it growing and info about it in public over the years. He insisted that we should be dating now. But it couldn't happen because i knew he was just bitter, and thought that i should fall now because he has made it.

Guys, its not all about the money. Some women don't use your money to survive. Some have parents and don't really care to be bound in chains because of indomie and egg, credit, or sharwama. There are more serious issues. E.g the relationship should be going somewhere. Sometimes its tribal or religious, maybe she knows her parents wont accept you. Why would a woman smell what she won't eat, just because of your feelings?

Guys, take a chill pill.
the one thing that stands out is thier sense of entitlement. It never entered their minds that you just aren't attracted to them?

The niggatry of it all!!

This is the main reason why 'nice' guys never get the girls, because they feel that since they are nice, girls deserve to fall at thier feet. This also goes to those 'church going sisters' wondering why they are not married yet.

People can smell insincerity, and it's repulsive.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:01am On Mar 15, 2021
Sarcastic101:
That is how you'd be rejecting guys politely
Until you turn 46yrs old

Then I'd see you at Shiloh
Asking God aggressively to give them back to you

Ok

2 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 11:11am On Mar 15, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
the one thing that stands out is thier sense of entitlement. It never entered their minds that you just aren't attracted to them?

The niggatry of it all!!

This is the main reason why 'nice' guys never get the girls, because they feel that since they are nice, girls deserve to fall at thier feet. This also goes to those 'church going sisters' wondering why they are not married yet.

People can smell insincerity, and it's repulsive.

Guys can be mad o.

Some would use every means available to get a woman who said no. They get mad when you say no, even if there was no serious intention that they had for you. Quite insecure.

3 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by pryme(m): 11:32am On Mar 15, 2021
purples25:

That's fine. grin

No it's not,

Women are chaotic, few stand by their principles.
Women cave easily to peer and social pressure.

What if the man you choose to get on with does not have that money or things are not working out yet for a delayed period, will you still accord him the same respect?
When your peers are hanging out with men with money?
On the other hand men with money are cat calling you?
Will you still take this decision that it's not about money in the grand scheme of things?

With the fact that women are "comfort creatures" I don't believe it's never about money when everything is put under scrutiny.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by peacefull(f): 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2021
purples25:

Thanks Sister. They are insecure.

Insecure?
I think this is new English! Thank you so much! I learned!
I appreciate you!!

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 12:27pm On Mar 15, 2021
pryme:

No it's not,

Women are chaotic, few stand by their principles.
Women cave easily to peer and social pressure.

What if the man you choose to get on with does not have that money or things are not working out yet for a delayed period, will you still accord him the same respect?
When your peers are hanging out with men with money?
On the other hand men with money are cat calling you?
Will you still take this decision that it's not about money in the grand scheme of things?

With the fact that women are "comfort creatures" I don't believe it's never about money when everything is put under scrutiny.

A man with money today can lose it tomorrow.
A man without money can make it later.

About the test of time, we have no choice but to abide by the rules of whatever fate life has given to us. Okay, so, if, out of peer pressure, a woman runs into the arms of her rich admirer.....and then the man sleeps with her but gives her no money? Won't she learn to survive on her own by force?

So, following a rich man does not guarantee money forever. What if the man becomes poor? How many men will she run to? She will get tired of trying to camp with rich men.
At the end a woman just has to survive through whatever circumstances she faces.

8 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by crackhaus: 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2021
peacefull:

I like purples25!

Don't kid yourself please, money has been buying hearts and love and it will continue to do so till the end of time.

The only reason why girls like you love to preach about how money can't buy you, is simply because you are yet to meet any man who will throw millions of naira at you just to have you.

Even you talking here, the day any man offers you like 5 million or gets you a brand new car out of the blues just to be with you, you will quickly forget this your sermon.

You will end up convincing yourself that the man really loves you for him to want to spend so much on you.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by peacefull(f): 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2021
dermmy:

But that's what you ladies have made them to believe. An average Nigerian lady would always go for the highest bidder. Money is a big factor when considering your suitors. That is the message you ladies keep passing to guys out there so I don't blame those guys for coming back to woo her after they have made some change. Even if the Op did not give them that impression that money is what she's going after I am very sure those guys have had experience with some ladies in the past where they got that impression that the financial status of the guy is what you ladies would first consider which would determine your Yes/No which is always the case in a class society like Nigeria.

You know this so don't pretend... Can you date or marry a broke guy? Can you start your life with a guy who has little or nothing? No, you ladies want a ready made guy so don't blame those guys, that's the impression the ladies in the polity have given them.

Oh.... Sorry, this is very difficult to me embarassed
I need take time for understand very well.

Ladys made men to believe money can buy love?
You think women force men to have money and buy their love?

To me, money can't buy love. Money can't buy someone's heart.
Relationship is not all about money.
Love, respect, trust, understand etc.

I didn't blame anybody. But to me, seems like some peoples attacking her.
Everybody have own thinking, own opinion etc.
So don't need to attack her. She has her opinion. I have my opinion. You have your opinion smiley

Broke guy?
If I'm not misunderstand, that meaning is someone who don't have enough money or something like that?
What wrong with it? If there had love between borke guy and lady, what is wrong about it?
They can make it together! Make money, make more strong love, make more strong bond etc.
That's soooo sweet! Very beautiful love!

Me and my husband started our relationship about 16years or 17years ago.
Both of us were not rich. Still now, we are not rich person. But still together.
Of course, sometimes really had hard time about money. We had very bad experience.
But still together! Because we know our relationship, our marriage is not all about money.

Sorry, if I'm misunderstanding you and if I wrote strange things.
I maybe didn't understand well.
I'm sorry.

I will read your comment again and try to understand what you wrote very well.
Thank you for taking your time!
I appreciate you!

5 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by peacefull(f): 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2021
crackhaus:

Don't kid yourself please, money has been buying hearts and love and it will continue to do so till the end of time.

The only reason why girls like you love to preach about how money can't buy you, is simply because you are yet to meet any man who will throw millions of naira at you just to have you.

Even you talking here, the day any man offers you like 5 million or gets you a brand new car out of the blues just to be with you, you will quickly forget this your sermon.

You will end up convincing yourself that the man really loves you for him to want to spend so much on you.

I'm not toy.
Nobody can buy me or my heart.

Please, how do you know if I have never met rich guy who offered me to spend big money?

I maybe not rich person.
But my heart can't be poor. Never!

I can understand that is your opinion.
But I'm also have my opinion.
So Please don't look down on other peoples opinion.
We are all same human. But different person.
Everybody have own opinion, own believe, own thinking smiley

Anyway, Thank you for taking your time!
I appreciate you!

10 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 1:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
peacefull:

Insecure?
I think this is new English! Thank you so much! I learned!
I appreciate you!!

You are welcome dear.

To be insecure means to lack confidence.

How is life in Japan?
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by peacefull(f): 4:02pm On Mar 15, 2021
purples25:

You are welcome dear.

To be insecure means to lack confidence.

How is life in Japan?

Thank you so much!
I really appreciate you!!

Japan is good season now!
Spring! Not too hot or too cold. Very nice weather!
Coming soon cherry blossoms will start to bloom.

But corona virus is disturbing us.

What about Nigeria? Your place?
Hot? or cold?

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2021
peacefull:

Thank you so much!

Japan is good season now!
Spring! Not too hot or too cold. Very nice weather!
Coming soon cherry blossoms will start to bloom.

But corona virus is disturbing us.

What about Nigeria? Your place?
Hot? or cold?

Good to know life is going well.

I hope corona virus goes away soon.

Nigeria is very hot grin. But we shall survive.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by peacefull(f): 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2021
purples25:

Good to know life is going well.

I hope corona virus goes away soon.

Nigeria is very hot grin. But we shall survive.

Thank you so much!

I really hope so too!
This virus is too much.

Oh! Nigeria is very hot now?! Like summer?
In Japan, after Spring is summer and really really hot!

Please always take good care of yourself and stay safe!

And I always wanted to tell you that your drawing is amazing!!
I love it! I saw it when I read your diary.
How I wished I can drawing like you! If I could drawing like you when I was a student, I never disturbed my art teacher cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2021
peacefull:

Thank you so much!

I really hope so too!
This virus is too much.

Oh! Nigeria is very hot now?! Like summer?
In Japan, after Spring is summer and really really hot!

Please always take good care of yourself and stay safe!

And I always wanted to tell you that your drawing is amazing!!
I love it! I saw it when I read your diary.
How I wished I can drawing like you! If I could drawing like you when I was a student, I never disturbed my art teacher cheesy

Thanks! I'm glad you love my art! You have inspired me. I'll continue to practice my art.

Take care of yourself too, dear.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Veezy4u(m): 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2021
Moral lesson: my brother hustle o e get whycheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by pryme(m): 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2021
purples25:

A man with money today can lose it tomorrow.
A man without money can make it later.

About the test of time, we have no choice but to abide by the rules of whatever fate life has given to us. Okay, so, if, out of peer pressure, a woman runs into the arms of her rich admirer.....and then the man sleeps with her but gives her no money? Won't she learn to survive on her own by force?

So, following a rich man does not guarantee money forever. What if the man becomes poor? How many men will she run to? She will get tired of trying to camp with rich men.
At the end a woman just has to survive through whatever circumstances she faces.

Ok then.
You were not virtue signaling, and that's refreshing.
I believe you will make the right choices.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 15, 2021
My dear that's for you, i can swear with my life that for 77% of nigerian woman out there, it's all about the money. cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by crackhaus: 9:43pm On Mar 15, 2021
peacefull:

I'm not toy.
Nobody can buy me or my heart.

Please, how do you know if I have never met rich guy who offered me to spend big money?

I maybe not rich person.
But my heart can't be poor. Never!

I can understand that is your opinion.
But I'm also have my opinion.
So Please don't look down on other peoples opinion.
We are all same human. But different person.
Everybody have own opinion, own believe, own thinking smiley

Anyway, Thank you for taking your time!
I appreciate you!
I just read a subsequent comment of yours.
You are not Nigerian, or perhaps you are but just not based in Nigeria.

Either way, please disregard my previous comment to you.
However, it remains true and factual for a Nigerian woman in Nigeria, trust me.

9 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by peacefull(f): 12:34am On Mar 16, 2021
purples25:

Thanks! I'm glad you love my art! You have inspired me. I'll continue to practice my art.

Take care of yourself too, dear.

You are welcome!
I really love your art!! I love to see your art again(о´∀`о)

Thank you so much! I will.

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by bigpicture001: 12:54am On Mar 16, 2021
peacefull:

I like purples25!

Which heart does women have...? You guyz post love everywhere u go,but men actually show d love d most,woman are all about money...quote me anywhere

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by peacefull(f): 1:19am On Mar 16, 2021
crackhaus:

I just read a subsequent comment of yours.
You are not Nigerian, or perhaps you are but just not based in Nigeria.

Either way, please disregard my previous comment to you.
However, it remains true and factual for a Nigerian woman in Nigeria, trust me.

I'm Japanese.
Nice to meet you from Japan! smiley

Disregard meaning ignore?

I'm learning! Having discussion with peoples is always good to me smiley
So I appreciate you! You shared your opinion to me.
Thank you so much!

Please forgive me to writing my opinion again to you.

I maybe still don't know about Nigeria very well.
But I think every where have that kind of women including my country.

That kind of women are only following men's money.
I think that's not love. Something like business.
Whenever his money is no more or before no more, they can easily to leave him.
I should say dump him?

So, I don't think money can buy someone's heart or love.
To me, follow him or stay with him because of only his money doesn't mean he could get her heart or love.
That kind of women can pretend like if she loves him. But no, there is no love.
They don't love him.

Some men knows about that.
They are also don't love that kind of women.
She is like one of their toy or something like accessory.

This is my opinion!
I'm sorry for long long writing.

7 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by kunkelhanspeter(m): 1:27am On Mar 16, 2021
Nazgul:

Well said.

Hunger and greed is what has made relationships terrible, most girls just keep longing for what will destroy them.

Only a foolish girl will accept to date a successful guy whom she rejected when he was still struggling. Such relationship will definitely have no future cos the guy will make sure he bangs her brains out then kick her off and still mock her, some guys can be that childish.
A lady who rejected you few years ago because of money need to bang seriously cooljust to let her know you have the money now grin grin
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by peacefull(f): 1:40am On Mar 16, 2021
bigpicture001:

Which heart does women have...? You guyz post love everywhere u go,but men actually show d love d most,woman are all about money...quote me anywhere

What is meaning which heart?
Women are also human. I have heart, emotions, feeling etc.
I'm not robot.

You think giving money is showing love?
To me, relationship is not all about money.
I know money is very important.
But love and money is different things to me.
Not always money first.

How I wished I can explain about my opinion very well in English.

Please, if someone believe love, is it something wrong in Nigeria?
Someone who can't think money is first, is that something wrong?
Must think like money first?

I'm very confusing.

3 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by purples25(f): 1:43am On Mar 16, 2021
peacefull:

I'm not robot.

Not always money first.

I'm very confusing.

Don't let them disturb you dear. You can ignore if you keep getting mentioned. That's just the way a lot of our men think.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by peacefull(f): 2:13am On Mar 16, 2021
purples25:

Don't let them disturb you dear. You can ignore if you keep getting mentioned. That's just the way a lot of our men think.

Thank you so much for caring about me!
I appreciate you!

I just confusing embarassed
Seems like not good for talking about love.

I can't ignore embarassed If I ignore, not rude?
I have time today! So I can have time for discussion!
Always good to me for hearing other person's opinion. I can learn smiley

But I'm sorry if I'm disturbing your topic too much.
I'm apologies you.

I just didn't know that talking about love and money is maybe not good.
I learned! I maybe better to talk about that only on my diary.

In fact, most of times I don't talk about or discussion about love in my real life.
Because I know some peoples laugh at me or think about I'm a childish.

If believing love made me childish, I'm gladly be childish cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by bigpicture001: 7:08am On Mar 16, 2021
peacefull:

I'm not robot.

Not always money first.

I'm very confusing.

sacrifices of what cost you much is the love we talk about.its not about poems or calls.....men work very hard, earn stuffs and are ready to sacrifice all they got for. Woman

Women can never do such..its just to b singing love up and down...common the natural body God gave dem,they will still cheat on you....

Gals don't love a quarter of what men do...

Prove me wrong!

2 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by peacefull(f): 8:52am On Mar 16, 2021
bigpicture001:

sacrifices of what cost you much is the love we talk about.its not about poems or calls.....men work very hard, earn stuffs and are ready to sacrifice all they got for. Woman

Women can never do such..its just to b singing love up and down...common the natural body God gave dem,they will still cheat on you....

Gals don't love a quarter of what men do...

Prove me wrong!

No!
Please I don't need prove you wrong.
I never said you are wrong. I can't say that!
You have your opinion and I have my opinion. You don't make anything wrong. That is your opinion.
And I believe I don't make anything wrong. This is my opinion.

We are just exchanging our opinion.
We are just discussion.
I appreciate you! You are taking time for me to discussion with me!
I'm learning.

To me, some men can do. Some men can't do.
Some women can do. Some women can't do.

We are all same human. But not same person.
So not all men or women are same to me.

Cheating person is always cheating both men and women.

I don't know what is sacrifice.
Why only you have to sacrifice for something? Why can't helping each other?

I don't talk about poem. I'm just writing about my opinion about love.
I just didn't know if I'm talking about love on here, that's making some peoples feel bad or angry.

I never meant make anybody feel bad or angry.
Buy If I did it to you, I'm very sorry. I'm apologies you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pre Wedding Photos Of An Army Lieutenant / Evangelist Jacinta Nzilani: I Became A Lesbian After My Husband Died / You Are Not Man Enough - Ladies Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.