Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... (33354 Views)

Why Do Nigeria Girls Lie That They Don't Care About Money ? / "Get A Partner That Offer You Values, It Is Not About Money"- Facebook User / "What's The Fuss About Money?" - Korra Obidi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Figger(m): 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2021
kalu61:
Forget the shit you spilled.

From the two examples you gave, two of the guys were turned down by you when they were nothing financially and you didn't tell us why you turned them down then. Now you are pained how they have proved to you that you shouldn't just judge a guy because of temporal brokenness.

They both asked you were you are now and you didn't tell us how you have a job or own a company.

Since both of them came back for relationship, you think they all have ulterior motive for pay bavk. One of them may be genuine and that's how you will miss out but will keep calling God in future.
You're 100% correct.

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by humilitypays(m): 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2021
purples25:
I just stopped laughing.

Something I'm used to happened today. A guy that I had politely refused last year came to me this morning. He immediately told me he has a job now. Told me the full name of the company and everything else. Then he started asking me aggressively about where I have reached in life and all that.

I chatted normally with him, I told him I was happy for him. Later, he asked if he could call me at a certain time. When I told him he could, he started saying that it was not so before, that before, my anthem was that he cannot reach me for various excuses.

I laughed, because, I now understood the whole issue. He believed it was because of money that I didn't allow him access to me anyhow. I just told him that he shouldn't worry because my phone was bad. He continued to reply in a sour tone. The funny thing is that I have no business with his money, because I am sure that none will land in my palm...so why would i be tripping because he got a job?

Another guy I rejected politely acted normal at the time. But after years he came back, asking me with full spite about my marital status and my job. Lol. He told me how he has a company now. I knew that was true because I had seen evidence of it growing and info about it in public over the years. He insisted that we should be dating now. But it couldn't happen because i knew he was just bitter, and thought that i should fall now because he has made it.

Guys, its not all about the money. Some women don't use your money to survive. Some have parents and don't really care to be bound in chains because of indomie and egg, credit, or sharwama. There are more serious issues. E.g the relationship should be going somewhere. Sometimes its tribal or religious, maybe she knows her parents wont accept you. Why would a woman smell what she won't eat, just because of your feelings?

Guys, take a chill pill.
You are only being careful not to be used and dumped knowing you once rejected them when they were broke, maybe because of bitter lessons you have learned from reading tales of guys telling their stories with ladies and those that once rejected them......you aren't being the natural you....the lady in you is just playing smart to avoid being used and dumped, doesn't mean its not about money/financial comfort for majority of women, including you writing this undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by BePrepared: 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2021
purples25:

They gave themselves impressions. One was of a different religion and tribe which i could accept but my family would not.

I was just not attracted to the other, and even with his caustic and secretive attitude, I'm still glad i didn't date him, company or not.

Haa different religion?

Hope its not the religion I'm thinking
Don't go there o
Or else ur honey moon will be in Afghanistan

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by ivolt: 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2021
Favouredhero:
Humans generally crave for convenience, at which this convenience is mostly sought for, by women and sadly they thirst for convenience that they can't possibly provide by themselves but mostly at the detriment at their counterpart gender, men. Alas, money is the main substance that provide convenience.
So you are enemy of convenience?
What are you living for?
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by abbey621(m): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2021
prince3009:

So what happens to going straight to the point and opening up to tell the guy the major reason why you can't be with him rather than just vaguely turning him down?

Doing that without those reasons at the emboldened will send a red flag that it could be because of his financial incapability at the time because 95% of Nigerian ladies look at the money factor first when a man approaches them.

The guys themselves sha are shameless.

I can never go back to a lady a week, month or years after she turns me down.

I see it as someone who tried to buy a Nokia java phone in 2007 sold for maybe N30,000 and it was above his purchasing power only to go back to looking for the same Nokia java phone in 2021 simply because he now earns 200k a month where there are more sophisticated Android phones that go for about N150k which to me is plain stüpidity. undecided

The bold part is funny because it shows the mindset of most 9ja guys. You claim to love someone and just because you were rejected, GBAM the person goes in your black book grin grin grin. Love turns to hate or disdain in a blink of an eye, which confirms it was never really love but infatuation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by aynerodcirus(m): 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2021
Ishilove:

Are there really women who can be bound by

Sharwarma- 500/1000
Credit- 500
Indomie and eggs- 450

?? undecided undecided

That is her own mentality..., smh
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by humilitypays(m): 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2021
kalu61:
Forget the shit you spilled.

From the two examples you gave, two of the guys were turned down by you when they were nothing financially and you didn't tell us why you turned them down then. Now you are pained how they have proved to you that you shouldn't just judge a guy because of temporal brokenness.

They both asked you were you are now and you didn't tell us how you have a job or own a company.

Since both of them came back for relationship, you think they all have ulterior motive for pay bavk. One of them may be genuine and that's how you will miss out but will keep calling God in future.
She is just a woman of course....an acting-smart-black-woman who thinks she is smarter than tortoise but she doesn't know that she can fool some people some time but she cannot fool all the people all the time grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by ivolt: 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2021
dermmy:

You know this so don't pretend... Can you date or marry a broke guy? Can you start your life with a guy who has little or nothing? No, you ladies want a ready made guy so don't blame those guys, that's the impression the ladies in the polity have given them.
I have been seeing this lies repeated over and over again.
But marriage is more common among broke people than middle class to rich ones.
Then you wonder who is marrying who.

There is this truth many of you don't want to accept, relationship of people with unequal social status
is very rare.

2 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by humilitypays(m): 1:50pm On Aug 18, 2021
prince3009:

So what happens to going straight to the point and opening up to tell the guy the major reason why you can't be with him rather than just vaguely turning him down?

Doing that without those reasons at the emboldened will send a red flag that it could be because of his financial incapability at the time because 95% of Nigerian ladies look at the money factor first when a man approaches them.

The guys themselves sha are shameless.

I can never go back to a lady a week, month or years after she turns me down.

I see it as someone who tried to buy a Nokia java phone in 2007 sold for maybe N30,000 and it was above his purchasing power only to go back to looking for the same Nokia java phone in 2021 simply because he now earns 200k a month where there are more sophisticated Android phones that go for about N150k which to me is plain stüpidity. undecided
Only foolish boys go back to a lady that once turned them down.

The moment a girl or lady turns you down or act up....please forget her, delete her and move on......of course with time you will look back and laugh at yourself for ever making attempt to woo her because she will be uglier than your current taste of women, and that's only if you are progressing financially yourself though.

I wonder what makes some mumu guys go back to a lady that once turned them down, for what When there are millions of dazzling super gorgeous hot ladies littered all over the world...all you need is little financial comfort and some cash to do vacations (local and foreign) and you will be amazed at the number of super beautiful ladies longing for a man like you cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by micxwell(m): 1:51pm On Aug 18, 2021
purples25:

Lots of women marry broke guys by the way.

Rich people are very few around here.
Can you?
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by humilitypays(m): 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2021
ivolt:

I have been seeing this lies repeated over and over again.
But marriage is more common among broke people than middle class to rich ones.
Then you wonder who is marrying who.

There is this truth many of you don't want to accept, relationship of people with unequal social status
is very rare.
Most are still marrying that presumed broke man to escape a worst family poverty....or to have a man to throw all her financial burden upon...so whether poor marry poor or rich marry rich, majority of women all over the world marry mostly for financial comfort and security before any other reason, so the earlier you and every other man out there realizes this, the better for you all smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by cosmos2000(m): 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2021
needanswer:

In another scenario, maybe you havent seen the MONEY or GIFT that would move you. While sharwama, indomie and eggs and those little things may not move you, a guy buying you a G-wagon worth millions, gifting you a duplex on the island or giving you millions in your account to be his girlfriend or wife MAY move you. I imagine if these was what those your admirers offered when they returned it would have been a BIG TEST FOR YOU, cause if you turn them down some OTHER GIRL will gladly accept them with open arms.

E choke ooh huh!!

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by ZIAZI(m): 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2021
purples25:
I just stopped laughing.

Something I'm used to happened today. A guy that I had politely refused last year came to me this morning. He immediately told me he has a job now. Told me the full name of the company and everything else. Then he started asking me aggressively about where I have reached in life and all that.

I chatted normally with him, I told him I was happy for him. Later, he asked if he could call me at a certain time. When I told him he could, he started saying that it was not so before, that before, my anthem was that he cannot reach me for various excuses.

I laughed, because, I now understood the whole issue. He believed it was because of money that I didn't allow him access to me anyhow. I just told him that he shouldn't worry because my phone was bad. He continued to reply in a sour tone. The funny thing is that I have no business with his money, because I am sure that none will land in my palm...so why would i be tripping because he got a job?

Another guy I rejected politely acted normal at the time. But after years he came back, asking me with full spite about my marital status and my job. Lol. He told me how he has a company now. I knew that was true because I had seen evidence of it growing and info about it in public over the years. He insisted that we should be dating now. But it couldn't happen because i knew he was just bitter, and thought that i should fall now because he has made it.

Guys, its not all about the money. Some women don't use your money to survive. Some have parents and don't really care to be bound in chains because of indomie and egg, credit, or sharwama. There are more serious issues. E.g the relationship should be going somewhere. Sometimes its tribal or religious, maybe she knows her parents wont accept you. Why would a woman smell what she won't eat, just because of your feelings?

Guys, take a chill pill.

Lovely piece!
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2021
You sure?
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
Ishilove:

Are there really women who can be bound by

Sharwarma- 500/1000
Credit- 500
Indomie and eggs- 450

?? undecided undecided

Undergraduates. 100 Level etc
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by humilitypays(m): 1:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
purples25:

Lots of women marry broke guys by the way.

Rich people are very few around here.
A lot of women marry broke men out of no other choice or option.

And even the presumed broke guy they married, they still married him in hope that he would become financially buoyant soonest and bring all their financial fantasies to reality....and when this takes longer to achieve, they start to misbehave and disrespect the man continuously and frustrate his life shocked shocked

Even Zahra Buhari, President Buhari's daughter married Indimi's son because of Indimi's wealth....so stop trying to twist it....its natural for women to desire a financially buoyant man over a broke man....they only tend to act otherwise when the desired becomes scarce or unreachable or when they see that it may burn their hands later, #KissTheTurth

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Muhylonaire007: 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2021
purples25:

My price is love and affection, and something that is going somewhere. But sex is the thing that most guys want.

Lmao... Be deceiving yourself grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by aynerodcirus(m): 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2021
zanshi:
Your generation of young women profiled young men and made them feel like if they didn't have money they dont deserve female attention, they were worthless and every. You made money the crux of everything and you are worried that young men of today are on about money conversations and nothing else.

You berate men for wanting romantic relationships by calling them weak, clingly and stoping your shine but guess what hon, men are begining to want transational sex too, we want to pay for so we can have many body counts too. At the end of the day we are going to have a society where people are afraid to pair bond and you know who will have the short end of the stick.

Wamin!

This is so true!!! �

This is a step into the journey of the prophesied chapter in the bible that “ In that day, seven women will take hold of one man and say, “We will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!”..., Isa 4:1.

Now, i’m planning on having a surrogate mother have my kids, while I move on with my life.

It’s damn so hard to find true love when you are poor and extremely hard to know who truly loves you when you are well to do.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Kayyus09(m): 2:09pm On Aug 18, 2021
Ok
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by meobizy(f): 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2021
Rubbish thread. It was the supposed money from their jobs which gave them the confidence to come back. The funny part is you were receptive to their second advances. In a bid to prove their assumptions wrong you proved them right.

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by meobizy(f): 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2021
The worst gender to take dating advice from is unrelated women. They are yet to find their footing in life so can’t help others.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Youngzedd(m): 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2021
Akuko mama Ngozi na ndi yardi ha.

Akuko ndi mgbu.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by antimason(m): 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
purples25:
I just stopped laughing.

Guys, take a chill pill.
as far as you are really not interested in our money then I humbly apologize on our(men) behalf.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Hassanmaye(m): 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2021
Sarcastic101:
That is how you'd be rejecting guys politely
Until you turn 46yrs old

Then I'd see you at Shiloh
Asking God aggressively to give them back to you
Hahahhahahaha bad boy grin
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Miarose: 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2021
Is it really an option though, Men will always need women for sex....even if she's not a wife or a girlfriend, a prostitute is still female and money must drop . Only gay men have the victory in this regard.the more sexually indulgent you are, the more power women have over you.
Favouredhero?:
Humans generally crave for convenience, at which this convenience is mostly sought for, by women and sadly they thirst for convenience that they can't possibly provide by themselves but mostly at the detriment at their counterpart gender, men. Alas, money is the main substance that provide convenience.

I believe the way you rejected these guys when they didn't have money, robbed them off their ego. Now, their ego is enhanced by their achievement and they're ready to flaunt it.

Lesson: A man should be successful for himself and not for any woman, don't show low self esteem by going back to a woman that rejected you when didn't have money, just because you now have money and successful. Having Ladies in men's life for romantic purpose is an option not a necessity.

2 Likes

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by walkingshadow911: 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2021
peacefull:

Many many difficult English!
But Thank you so much! I learned new English.
I appreciate you!

If I'm not misunderstanding you, you think I'm a liar, treacherous person etc?

This is sound like insulting me.
Did I make you feel so bad or angry?
Please what made you think like that?
I wanna know and I wanna understand very well.

i understand u are not from Nigeria thereby having problem with English which is d general language here. mind u, Nigeria is a very difficult country, and majority of our ladies uses relationship as a source of income and a mean to survive. therefore it very difficult for men find love here. relationship is all strategy and transaction. true love is rare here , so sad

Domo arigato gozaimasu
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by antimason(m): 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2021
purples25:

My price is love and affection, and something that is going somewhere. But sex is the thing that most guys want.
ERM in that case. Maybe accepting a proposal for once might help change your conviction. Well you said most sha.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by winner37(m): 2:27pm On Aug 18, 2021
purples25:
I just stopped laughing.

Guys, take a chill pill.

I consider this story as malarkey.
The writer is still a baby I think because she doesn't know what tomorrow will bring just keep turning down men proposal and at 30 you will be lamenting that no man is seeking you attention..
Do you know if any of those two guy were destined to be your husband ? Not every man that approaches you want to have a tast of your pussy and breast some are to stay with you in a life time ..

Could you tell us the reason you turn down those guys proposal ?
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Hassanmaye(m): 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2021
Nazgul:

Well said.

Hunger and greed is what has made relationships terrible, most girls just keep longing for what will destroy them.

Only a foolish girl will accept to date a successful guy whom she rejected when he was still struggling. Such relationship will definitely have no future cos the guy will make sure he bangs her brains out then kick her off and still mock her, some guys can be that childish.
Is not childish even I will do that, most of them take us as Fools or nice guys because we treat them well, even me know that I got money my ex is not married I'M waiting for moves, I will maltreat and dump her ass.

1 Like

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by ivolt: 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2021
humilitypays:
Most are still marrying that presumed broke man to escape a worst family poverty....or to have a man to throw all her financial burden upon...
This is funny.
Women in poor household make more contribution to family income than richer ones.
In many cases, the man cannot shoulder the family responsibility even if he wants to.

People with unstable income and even jobless men have wives sometime multiple.
When I visit construction sites, almost all the women moving mixed cement up storey buildings are married.
You would think they would be home enjoying their comfort and security.
When I looked at the major applicants of microfinance bank loans, they are mostly married women who needed
money for business. Certainly, they must hate comfort and security.

And when we organized empowerment schemes, it is not single unmarried women that makes the bulk, it is the married
one who should be enjoying comfort and security according to you.

so whether poor marry poor or rich marry rich, majority of women all over the world marry mostly for financial comfort and security before any other reason,
If this is true, marriage would not survive in modern time in poor countries
because many of this husband cannot give themselves comfort let alone extend such to another person.

You must be living in fantasy land.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2021
purples25:
I just stopped laughing.

Guys, take a chill pill.

Yes,you’re right,keep on playing hard to get soon you’ll begin to go from church to church searching for husband.

Money matters a lot in any relationship or marriage period.
Re: The Insinuation That Everything Is About Money.... by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2021
Obviously a wack guy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? / Orphan Who Was Impregnanted By Nigerian Boy In Ghana, Shares Her Story. Photos / 14 Things Ladies Need To Work On To Avoid Late Marriage In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.