Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,978 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? (40765 Views)

Guys, Can You Ever Be Faithful To A Single Girlfriend? / 10 Signs Your Partner Will Be Faithful To You / What Is That One Thing That Can Make You Stay Faithful In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by MrsChima(f): 11:17pm On May 05, 2011
Rokiatu,

Some men like having HIV and STD's let them die miserably.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by natasha: 10:20am On May 06, 2011
I have been married closed to 7 yrs now but collectively been with my hubby for 8 of those years and i can hand on heart say he HAS been faithful and loving to me, most importantly, he has NEVER given me any reason to doubt him or his love. I dont know what the future holds for us as a couple and family but for now, i can stand straight and declare that based on my personal experience, Men can be faithful to ONE woman, they just need to have a reason.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by dave2(m): 4:00pm On May 06, 2011
natasha:

I have been married closed to 7 yrs now but collectively been with my hubby for 8 of those years and i can hand on heart say he HAS been faithful and loving to me, most importantly, he has NEVER given me any reason to doubt him or his love. I dont know what the future holds for us as a couple and family but for now, i can stand straight and declare that based on my personal experience, Men can be faithful to ONE woman, they just need to have a reason.

Really That's interesting grin grin grin grin grin

Anyway, is possible with the grace of God cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by LilyZ(f): 4:02pm On May 06, 2011
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Temi231(f): 4:28pm On May 06, 2011
i don't think so to be sincere with my heart but still some men are faithful
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by kpolli(m): 4:34pm On May 06, 2011
yes, i am
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by blayz0923: 4:37pm On May 06, 2011
some folks here have impressed me with their comments.
faithfulness is not so easy, but its a right u owe ur partner or spouse.
wat shall it profit a man or woman to bang others and loose a worthy spouse?
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by JUO(m): 4:38pm On May 06, 2011
we have them here posting msg
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by oludunamis(m): 4:41pm On May 06, 2011
Its possible. I have been married for 8yrs and by the Grace of God I have been faithful. We continue to pray together that God will sustain our marriage, as with any good and quality success, you have to kee working at it, be prayerful and watchful and not let the devil into your life

The easiest way for the devil to stop you achieving your Godly destiny is through enicement with women, (Samson a negative example) (Joseph a positive example)

God will help us all
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by texazzpete(m): 4:54pm On May 06, 2011
oludunamis:

Its possible. I have been married for 8yrs and by the Grace of God I have been faithful. We continue to pray together that God will sustain our marriage, as with any good and quality success, you have to kee working at it, be prayerful and watchful and not let the devil into your life

The easiest way for the devil to stop you achieving your Godly destiny is through enicement with women, (Samson a negative example) (Joseph a positive example)

God will help us all

Well, Samson did fulfil his destiny
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by hunkyjohn(m): 4:55pm On May 06, 2011
@Topic, 100% possible.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by daguru(m): 4:57pm On May 06, 2011
It is very possible. Ive been with one girl for over three years and its been just her. My reason for not cheating on her is due to the fact that she stuck with me when the chips were really really down and with no hope of ever rebounding. Couldn't have gotten back on my feet without her help and presence in my life.

Presently our major challenge is keeping the fire burning as bright as possible. So i read extensively about maintaining relationships and try out what ever knowledge i glean from my research.

What never ceases to amaze me is the fact that the ideals i expect to work don"t while the ones i don' expect to work do. For example, i read in a book that watching Adult Videos together helps increase sexual intimacy between couples. I was reluctant to try it at first because i couldn't predict her reaction (she has never seen adult movies before).

Surprisingly it worked after i pulled off the guts to try.

In summary, men can be faithful if these conditions are satisfied

a) There is a very good reason not to hurt your spouse by cheating on her
b) There is concerted effort by both parties to keep the fire burning

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Madcow(m): 4:59pm On May 06, 2011
I met my wife 14 years ago, we've been married for 12 years and I've not looked at another woman with lust,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Bisijohn: 5:19pm On May 06, 2011
It is possible. Myself and my wife married as a Virgin almost 5yrs ago, and up till now we have not been tempted for once to go outside our marriage, eventhough we live in different city because of work.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by harakiri(m): 5:19pm On May 06, 2011
My last relationship last over 4 yrs (three and half of that was spent living together) and i never asked any other girl out during that time not to talk of sleeping with one. No biggie.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by palma(f): 5:21pm On May 06, 2011
Yes it's very possible though quite rare. My hubby is  grin and by the grace of God he will always be cuz i saw that in him and quickly grabbed him and sank my tooth and nails in him fast before anoda laddie recognizes it.   cool
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by JahMan1: 5:35pm On May 06, 2011
Iam surprised at the double standards of some people in NL.
When a lady wrote about her heartbreak after countless times she was committing fornication with a guy that is 3 years younger than herself with no intention of anything meaningful coming out of it,what did you guys do?
Some abused the guy as coward for writing his experience on FB,others consoled their 'sister' for her heartbreak.
No one was able to tell her to ask for God's forgiveness for defiling her body through wanton and countless fornication.

Here now,you all are advocating for fidelity?
It doesn't add up.
I am taken aback anytime I see guys arguing that someone should control himself/herself just because he or she is married.
So being single is now a license to indulge and sin against God?
Let me borrow the words of a senior friend while advising his daughters.-------"If you cannot deal with sexual sins now you are single,when you are married you will just graduate from fornication to adultery"

The above is the simple truth my dear friends.

I have been married for 7 years and still faithful.Have I been tempted.YES,to even a dangerous extent.If my reason to remain faithful was based on 'married man should be faithful syndrome' I could have cheated even under my wife's nose.It is not also solely based on my love for my wife,else I could have been deceived into saying 'if she doesn't find out,then it doesn't hurt'.
It is and should be based on my love for and fear of God.
I will advise every husband and would-be husbands to consider my advice.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by nwaafo1: 5:38pm On May 06, 2011
Jah Man:

Iam surprised at the double standards of some people in NL.
When a lady wrote about her heartbreak after countless times she was committing fornication with a guy that is 3 years younger than herself with no intention of anything meaningful coming out of it,what did you guys do?
Some abused the guy as coward for writing his experience on FB,others consoled their 'sister' for her heartbreak.
No one was able to tell her to ask for God's forgiveness for defiling her body through wanton and countless fornication.

Here now,you all are advocating for fidelity?
It doesn't add up.
I am taken aback anytime I see guys arguing that someone should control himself/herself just because he or she is married.
So being single is now a license to indulge and sin against God?
Let me borrow the words of a senior friend while advising his daughters.-------"If you cannot deal with sexual sins now you are single,when you are married you will just graduate from fornication to adultery"

The above is the simple truth my dear friends.

I have been married for 7 years and still faithful.Have I been tempted.YES,to even a dangerous extent.If my reason to remain faithful was based on 'married man should be faithful syndrome' I could have cheated even under my wife's nose.It is not also solely based on my love for my wife,else I could have been deceived into saying 'if she doesn't find out,then it doesn't hurt'.
It is and should be based on my love for and fear of God.
I will advise every husband and would-be husbands to consider my advice.
u're blessed
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by samix(m): 5:39pm On May 06, 2011
my dad's been faithful to my mum for over 30 years now, so i believe its possible, but as for me I really doubt it because I've been turned into a serial cheat by some girls I've been with; JUST THE TRUTH
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by chines4(m): 5:42pm On May 06, 2011
I believe it's possible with special grace of God, By ourselves it will be very very difficult. But by his grace its possible. Prayers is highly needed here ooo. God lead us not into temptation but deliver us from all evil Amen.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by CarlosVent(m): 5:44pm On May 06, 2011
100% possible both as a single man and married man
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by sulad82i(m): 5:52pm On May 06, 2011
Yeah it is.

After Castration
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by skypopson(m): 5:57pm On May 06, 2011
yes i thhink its possible.even do my Dad can't.if u marry for lust u can't.but if u marry for love why can't u?
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by oscartawn1: 6:14pm On May 06, 2011
Approaching 40 & i'v known one woman all my life. Two lovely kids 4rm a gorgeous wife. There r several other modest Godly men out there. I made d decision 2 stick 2only one woman as a teenager & God's been faithful.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Dolemite(f): 6:35pm On May 06, 2011
I don't know what you mean by faithful, but men MUST . . . .MUST lust after other women, it's in their genetic code.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by tunnytox(m): 6:42pm On May 06, 2011
@OP
In an ideal perfect world - YES! but unfortunately we don't live in such world!
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 06, 2011
It is even hard for some single (men) to mess up single girls let alone practising unfaithfulness when married. I think the problem with the poster is that she has seen or paid attention to the rampancity of unfaithfulness among some stupid , unprincipled, promiscuous, men of corrupt mind who pride themselves in living a worthless life. Try and look at men of worth who value the sacredness of women. they never cheat, they never abuse women, they never take advantages of women. There are thousands of them. If you cant find one, I am still here. Single and never polluted. I also know women too who are pure and umblemish. Do not flock with the dogs, if you dont eat shit, you will always see shit, go with the lamb, and you will know there are many more men that value and respect your womanhood, though we are scarce
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by fxtopedia(m): 7:26pm On May 06, 2011
tunnytox:

@OP
In an ideal perfect world - YES! but unfortunately we don't live in such world!

Friend, it is 100% possible!
I am talking from experience, I mean my personal experience!!!
However, it is a function of:
1. family background
2.The fear of God
3.Religion
4.Personal discipline
5.Friends etc
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by solomto(f): 7:43pm On May 06, 2011
It is very possible even these days
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by wakagirl: 7:50pm On May 06, 2011
oscartawn1:

Approaching 40 & i'v known one woman all my life. Two lovely kids 4rm a gorgeous wife. There r several other modest Godly men out there. I made d decision 2 stick 2only one woman as a teenager & God's been faithful.

Bisijohn:

It is possible. Myself and my wife married as a Virgin almost 5yrs ago, and up till now we have not been tempted for once to go outside our marriage, eventhough we live in different city because of work.

oludunamis:

God will help us all

natasha:

These are quite encouraging i hope you come back to say these same in the next 10 years and when there are positive changes to your circumstances like when you are really financially relevant, gets to a stage when you travel abroad alone regularly, in big time business and having to meet those 'girls' up for regular biz whatever etc

Hope responses like those above will change my mind about my believe that no man can stay faithful after being pursued while a young girl by close people i called 'uncle' and those i called 'spiritual fathers' God help me.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Gbenge77(m): 8:28pm On May 06, 2011
He can if he has been redeemed and yields not to temptation.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by tpia5: 8:30pm On May 06, 2011
interesting how people assume you have to be religious in order to not play the field.

some men arent religious and still dont like or do such.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me / Man Goes "Spiritual" After Slayqueen He Sent N27k Didnt Show Up (video) / List 3 Ladies You Can't Date On This Section And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.