Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,848 members, 7,817,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Say Something Good About Another Tribe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say Something Good About Another Tribe (19705 Views)

Yoruba Elders Have Seen Something Good In Jonathan — Babatope / Say Something Positive About Nigeria / Let's Say Something Good About Nigeria Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by bknight: 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2011
hausa families are really really nice people cheesy. their non-boko-haramist girls are sooo nice, believe me.my time i served in the north
yoruba chicks are very nice when and only if they like u, jst dat when u cant speak their language they end up dumping u for marriage. i just love them though! much love wink
igbo or maybe ibo (d ibo chicks frm delta) girls r soooo coool cheesy
wts up wit fulanis, anyone?

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by eastorange: 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2011
i love the yorubas, they are VERY VERY good people. Easy going and very accomodating.

I love the hausas, very honest people.

Benins, very easy going to.

Ibos, NO COMMENT!! lipsrsealed
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by duduspace(m): 8:19pm On Aug 08, 2011
Laudable thread, thank you OP.
All tribes are full of wonderful people.
Its some individuals that give the collective a bad name.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by mathskill: 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2011
Yorubas- their zeal for education at all cost.
igala- their straight forwardness,no corner corner.
igbo- their love for money
kanuri- thier fearlessnes
ijaw- resource control
hausa- honesty
fulani- patience
ibibio,effik,edo,itshekiri-their women
tiv- thier ruggedness
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by YoruIgbo(m): 8:33pm On Aug 08, 2011
I love Akwa-Ibom and Tiv Girls, they are very generous and cheerful givers tongue
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by kabukabu(m): 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2011
You know what, not a darn thingggg grin grin grin.
All other tribes sbhould say somthing positive about Delta Igbos first  grin only then will I respond.We are first in everything and never take a back seat to anyone, so all the haters line up and take your shots and they better be good.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by hothead(m): 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2011
we are all beautiful people. We all have faults as a whole but in the end it comes down to each individuals willingness to accommodate the other. Compromise, see am building ma city yay!!   http://adeakure-sida.myminicity.com/
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by amblors(m): 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2011
me thinks Yorubas are the most "creative" tribe in naija.
they got a classy touch.

3 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by HipsyDipsy(f): 9:54pm On Aug 08, 2011
one thing i love about the Igbos is that they take pride in their language.they dont mind speaking it anywhere,anytime. another thing dat fascinates me about them is that they can survive anywhere in this world,nothing deters them from achieving their goals, thumbs up on dat one.

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Arysexy(m): 10:34pm On Aug 08, 2011
i like the yoruba accomodating nature, hausa honesty. Its a shame that the likes of ileke-idi has not commented in this thread. u only see her on igbo-bashing threads.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by http(m): 11:00pm On Aug 08, 2011
The Igbos are hard-working people and ready to survive no matter the condition and the love for their family.

The Hausa for being trust -worthy, simplicity and firm.

The Bini people for their cool head. nothing more honestly.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Fessy101(m): 11:18pm On Aug 08, 2011
The efiks! Luv their food n their gals
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by gidson12(m): 11:24pm On Aug 08, 2011
I like the ikwere people, they cant be cheated
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by chuxyn: 11:29pm On Aug 08, 2011
We sure have a long way to go, 2161 views and a just a handful of comments.
Nevertheless I think the Akwa-iboms are the most accomodating, I served there as a youth corper and they tend to treat visitors with great amount of awe.
The yoruba professors are a delight for company, there funny dress sense and wole soyinka style of hair cut and also very strong stand on there convictions and ideologies.
The nigerdelta is exceptional for there humor, and the way they tend to twist vernacular into several slang and slogans, they have given us a thriving comedy industry.
In short I love my people so much, every seem to have some unique quality.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 08, 2011
I love yoruba pple. Why?
-they are accommodating
-they cook very oily food( I like oily food a lot especially red palm oil stew).
-their girls can wind you very well
-i like their parties because they sure know how to have a good time
-they represent Nigerians well and even when a yoruba person is abroad, everybody will know a Nigerian is in the neighbourhood
-their girls have tight bodily profiles

I am warri+igbo joined. I have lived all my life with yorubas and I find them more accommodating than my own pple.

4 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:38pm On Aug 08, 2011
I can never hide my affection and respect for the ibibio,efik and every tribe that live in the crossrivers and akwaibom axis cause they never betrayed the Igbos.
Yorubas party a lot.
Benin people are cool but they have agberos too.
I cant comment on the Igbos cause am one of them.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by ss007: 11:45pm On Aug 08, 2011
I like Igbos for their endurance but I detest the "I must be rich by all means" that is in them.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:46pm On Aug 08, 2011
@pdude,you dont have to rubbish your fathers people just because of your inferiority complex. from your post i can tell you are one of those lost aturus!
why didnt you just comment without ridiculing your own people. well, i take it that you dont even know your own people, we are the most accomodating ethnic group in nigeria ! Go to lagos island and see how the ofemmanus treat our hardworking brothers because of jealousy!

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 08, 2011
;d
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 08, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

@pdude,you dont have to rubbish your fathers people just because of your inferiority complex. from your post i can tell you are one of those lost aturus!

why didnt you just comment without ridiculing your own people. well, i take it that you dont even know your own people, we are the most accomodating ethnic group in nigeria ! Go to lagos island and see how the ofemmanus treat our hardworking brothers because of jealousy!

You are an unschooled buffoon bent on derailing this thread. At least pretend you have some sense in that vacuum you call a head.

And for the record, I'm not your brother.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:16am On Aug 09, 2011
@pdude, you are the one that said you have Igbo root hence my reference to you as a brother,but am srry for calling u a brother!
you should have pointed out you have Igbo blood.
next time come out as a warri boi and dont ever attach Igbo to ur root so that we can know ur stance.
We dont beg anybody.
And did you call me unschooled? Did you even read what you wrote prof.warri boi ?

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 2:08am On Aug 09, 2011
I want to acknowlegde the transparency and humility of the Hausa people. I also love the adaptive nature of the Igbo people and their independence. But there is this particular town in Igbo land that their women are wonderful and lovable and cherishable and admirable: Nnobi in Anambra (u need to meet there women sometimes!)
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 2:16am On Aug 09, 2011
Sorry, I skipped this in my 1st post. I like the deep rooted, diverse and sincere culture of the Yorubas. I also love their language.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by ceasyc(f): 3:09am On Aug 09, 2011
@topic - dis is good. tribalism n tribe bashing b wan 2 much 4 NL jor

well i haven't mingled much with a lot of tribes/ethnic groups apart from mine but. . .

the Hausa - simple way of life, its like dey treat themselves equally. easy going. just go to d mosques and c
how d rich and poor and handicaps pray n mingle unlike d churches that has upper class and lower class or look down on pple

igbo - i like d way dey do their business = i must succeed like my opponent or brethren - but not through d bad ways I've heard oh

Yoruba - dem like party sha. most of d men can cook in d UK. damn! dey usually give their kids yoruba names unlike some other ones.
most of their kids home n abroad can speak d language or at worst understand it just like d indians (asians).

most of d yoruba home videos makes sense more than the English (speaking) ones. dey can act wella, no yeye American/English accent, etc
and dey don't go on and on to part 4 or part 20 6. its usually just one part or part one and two at d most. 2 much idol thingies but then again
its part of our culture just like d indian movies

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 3:29am On Aug 09, 2011
igbo-cool. wink

of course i'm half igbo lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by abouzaid: 6:21am On Aug 09, 2011
Fulani women are so beautifull and akwa ibom women are great cooks and care givers to men ha ha ha
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Beowulf(m): 7:31am On Aug 09, 2011
kabukabu:

You know what, not a darn thingggg grin grin grin.
All other tribes sbhould say somthing positive about Delta Igbos first grin only then will I respond.We are first in everything and never take a back seat to anyone, so all the haters line up and take your shots and they better be good.

Loving this thread!

Delta Igbos- For me they are the best of the Ibo stock (Please Ibo and Igbo are interchangeable. I don't want to be drawn into the Ibo, Igbo argument). They are meek, easy-going and very philosophical. Little wonder that since they assumed the leadership of the Ohaneze and Aka-Ikenga, the Ibos seem to have a sense of direction politically again.

Isokos-I love this people. Lived among them in Delta State during my NYSC and they were cool. They are very receptive of strangers too.

Igalas- I love the Igala girls. I met lots of them during my law school year and they were very nice girls in a good way o!

Yorubas-Their love of parties! grin

Hausa- Their transparency. What you see is what you get either way. No cloak and dagger business with them.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Afanna1: 7:38am On Aug 09, 2011
mathskill:

Yorubas- their zeal for education at all cost.
igala- their straight forwardness,no corner corner.
igbo- their love for money
kanuri- thier fearlessnes
ijaw- resource control
hausa- honesty
fulani- patience
ibibio,effik,edo,itshekiri-their women
tiv- thier ruggedness

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Ojumiii(m): 7:46am On Aug 09, 2011
i love the Hausa/Fulani for there simplicity and conservativeness

i love the gwaris for there simple nature and there girls are very beautiful and soft

i love delta girls they are the best of the best, i will marry one of them
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Sike(m): 7:55am On Aug 09, 2011
I Love Igbo with their Foods.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 09, 2011
Arysexy:

i like the yoruba accomodating nature, hausa honesty. Its a shame that the likes of ileke-idi has not commented in this thread. u only see her on igbo-bashing threads.

Hold on to your high horse. How many of these thread pesin go see in a month sef?

I love Edo people.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by MeGaStReEt: 8:03am On Aug 09, 2011
I like my Ibo people, I loff their language, culture and their hustling spirit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

SSS Allowed Back Into Aso Rock After Heated Arguments / Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos / Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.