Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Say Something Good About Another Tribe - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say Something Good About Another Tribe (19708 Views)

Yoruba Elders Have Seen Something Good In Jonathan — Babatope / Say Something Positive About Nigeria / Let's Say Something Good About Nigeria Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Willywilly9: 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2012
Why i like Ijebu people is that their Juju is unbeatable in the whole of Africa,
They love their tradition of using Juju (jazz) to fight
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Ikengawo: 9:59pm On Feb 16, 2012
Yoruba- creativity and love for their culture. They're also veery level headed and classy HausaW disciplined virtuous humble and brotherly. Detlans- colorful culture, fun and funny people, refuse to lose. Igbo- unbreakable, determined, intelligent, industrious, brave and igbo women are the most beautiful and driven women I know

3 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by abadaba(m): 8:33pm On Feb 17, 2012
Willy+willy:

Why i like Ijebu people is that their Juju is unbeatable in the whole of Africa,
They love their tradition of using Juju (jazz) to fight
but Ikot ekpenye get juju pass Ijebus.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by LogicMind: 1:22pm On Feb 18, 2012
I'm trying. Believe me. I am trying but can't.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by abadaba(m): 9:41pm On Feb 18, 2012
I like the Okun ethnic group in Kogi state. Even though they are not well educated like the Yorubas south of them, yet they do not feel bad about that. Though they share a boundary with the Yorubas, yet they have not learnt ogboni and all the secret associations of their neighbours. They are not into incenstry, robbery, thugery, and shango worship of their neighbours.
The Okun is the best ethnic group in the middle belt.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Willywilly9: 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2012
abadaba:

but Ikot ekpenye get juju pass Ijebus.
who told you
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by igbaodun: 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2012
Willy+willy:

who told you

Your mother told his mother.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Ngodigha1(m): 12:13am On Mar 16, 2012
Am fond of the Eguns. They are peace loving people. Despite the fact that their Yoruba neighbours do a lot of criminal activities in Egunland, they are not clamouring for the expulsion of yorubas from Lagos unlike the Aworis.
Long live egun people.

3 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Okijajuju1(m): 10:39am On Mar 26, 2012
Yoruba/Yoruba girls; I love their names (Funke, Bimbo, Kemi, Shade, etc). They are also quite beautiful.

Hausa/fulani chicks: Darn!! If their is anything about this Igbo vs Hausa/fulani beef that hurts me the most is our inability to inter-marry. Them chicks are the definition of raw beauty. . .

Ijaw chicks: The magic word is PHAT ARSES

Akwa Ibom/Calabar/Effik/Ibibio/Annang Chicks: These Girls know how to treat a brother right. They are skilled both on and off the bed. . . I love y'all.

FINISH!!

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by youngboss1(m): 4:57pm On Apr 09, 2012
All tribes are good and bad
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Ngodigha: 10:43am On May 04, 2012
The good thing about the Yorubas is that they don't get offended when other Nigerians call them Ofe manu. At a time, I asked them to choose between ofe manu and ngbanti Yoruba. Some chose ofe manu, others chose Yoruba but majority went for ofe manu.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by ak47mann(m): 7:28pm On May 07, 2012
Ngodigha: The good thing about the Yorubas is that they don't get offended when other Nigerians call them Ofe manu. At a time, I asked them to choose between ofe manu and ngbanti Yoruba. Some chose ofe manu, others chose Yoruba but majority went for ofe manu.
i think they prefer Yoruba than mgbati cool
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Ngodigha: 11:36pm On May 07, 2012
ak47mann: i think they prefer Yoruba than mgbati cool
Why do they prefare Yoruba?.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by ak47mann(m): 3:09am On May 08, 2012
Ngodigha:
Why do they prefare Yoruba?.
i think is beacuse too much mmanu in their genetic make ups so they prefer Yoruba because they lick Yoruba on daily basis, that's like part of them i believe cool
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by AlusiOkija: 11:38am On May 08, 2012
I love Yoruba girls their big breast and yansh!! They can be very wild like ashawos in bed. I have yanshed alot of Kemis, Bimbo, Atinuke, bola and folashades in my life time to know. They are very good bad girls. What they lack in neatness and cleanliness they make up for in bed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Isaactop9(m): 7:21am On May 23, 2012
I am frm Edo state I love the Ibos because they are industrious , they can mingle wit any tribe I like the way they pronounce cement .... I love delta boys because they are funny
I love yorubas for everything except one thing tribalism. I like the way they promote thier culture, thier women are the best cooks,the boys are good footballers
then i love my tribe because of handsome and cool dudes thats why gals are running to my state..
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 5:29am On Jun 24, 2012
Logic Mind: I'm trying. Believe me. I am trying but can't.

lol grin
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by MrsChima(f): 12:04am On Jun 25, 2012
Nigerian men got some ugly arse feet!
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by pinchy103: 8:56pm On Jul 01, 2012
Most of you are drifting away from the topic. It is "SAY SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT ANOTHER TRIBE" not write about your ignorance. If you ask me I would say Igbos are hardworking, realistic, clean,while the hausas are friendly and simple. Don't know much about the yorubas, so no comment.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by ABAKA72(m): 1:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
So why do we hate and look down on each other so much.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Tolaaaaannni(f): 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2012
Igbos- very industrious and i love their business sense.
Hausa/Fulani- Love their simple lifestyle and they are really really friendly.
Edos- I love the edo people so much, infact if i wasn't yoruba i would want to be edo.
Basically i love most ethnic groups in nigeria because they are so kind hearted. Nigeria wouldn't really be nigeria without its people.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by mithel(m): 12:34am On Aug 21, 2012
So this my thread still dey?? grin cool

keep talking good people wink
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by danjohn: 7:59pm On Aug 24, 2012
As a Niger Deltan born and raised in Lagos, I admire the Igbos for being very entrepreneurial. I have always been amazed by the number of Igbo men who are very rich despite having limited formal education. I also admire the way Igbos have established a culture of lifting each other up via apprenticeships geared towards giving members of their family/community skills and resources they can use to become financially independent.

However, my favorite Nigerian tribe is still the Yoruba race. Of all Nigeria's tribes, Yorubas are the most educated, the most enlightened, and the most accommodating. As a minority in Nigeria, if I was to choose among the options of living in a part of the country dominated by, Yorubas, or Igbos, or Hausas, I would pick Yorubas.

As for living in the North as a Southern Christian, we all know that there are security concerns. However, I was disappointed when Governor Theodore Orji fired people from the Abia state civil service, not because of their performance, but because of their state of origin. If Orji can openly discriminate against another Igbo man from another state, is it me a non Igbo that he will accommodate? I don’t mean to digress. I just wanted to address any issue I anticipate folks bringing up.

4 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Elebiju: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2012
madoba: See nigerians,tribalism don enter deir blood,32 views and just 3 replies.if na say 'abuse anoda tribe nw', we go don reach 5 pages.smh.

Mithel, you got me laughing on this one. A lot of threads I viewed today just got my ribs cracking.

I can only write about ethnic groups I have frequent contact with and have lived among

Hausas = Honest and simple

Igbos = Hardworking & Focused

Tivs = Warm & Hospitable (Industrious women)

Calabar = Equally warm & hospitable like the tivs and have industrious women too.

Yorubas = No offence meant to anyone but am honestly trying to find one good thing. My personal encounters with this group of people hasn't been good at all.
Attitude, Attitude and more bad Attitude is what I get with this set of people. From the market woman who is quick to insult me Oloshi becuase I won't buy her goods or priced something below what she wants, to my colleagues at work who are full of eye & lip service and are good at back-stabbing
there is a saying in yoruba"irisi ni isolojo"we don't know the kinda attitude u've got that could warrant this kinda outrage from a frustrated market woman me thinks u should tell us abt urself first.

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Elebiju: 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2012
Hausa are trustworthy and plain forget boko haram we all know they are mercenary
Igbo are business oriented people but dubious and unfriendly,they are not sincere as friends
Yoruba are hospitable,friendly and unreliable ah ah!they are party freaks too I've got friends that love partying almost everyday
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Ngodigha1(m): 12:45am On Jan 11, 2013
ak47mann: i think is beacuse too much mmanu in their genetic make ups so they prefer Yoruba because they lick Yoruba on daily basis, that's like part of them i believe cool
I called a yoruba man Yoruba recently, to my greatest surprise he began to laugh.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by aljharem(m): 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ngodigha1:
I called a yoruba man Yoruba recently, to my greatest surprise he began to laugh.
grin grin grin that is yorubas for you. what do you expect him to do ? cry ? that's maturity grin

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by SilvanusII(m): 11:00am On Jan 15, 2013
The beauty of the fulani, the grace and carriage of the Igbo women...tends towards snobbish, and the variety of soups of the Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Alexgeneration(m): 10:54pm On Feb 09, 2013
I love akwaibom cos their delicious soup, and they are very good in bed.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by esperiense(m): 2:39pm On Feb 24, 2013
Igbo- strong, hard-working, optimistic
Yoruba- intelligent, prowess, caring
Hausa- unity, beauty, trustworthiness

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Construction Of 700MW Zungeru Power Plant Resumes / Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP / Imo State Pensioners Protest On The Streets Over Non-Payment Of Pension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.