Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Say Something Good About Another Tribe - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say Something Good About Another Tribe (19732 Views)

Yoruba Elders Have Seen Something Good In Jonathan — Babatope / Say Something Positive About Nigeria / Let's Say Something Good About Nigeria Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Hadone(m): 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2011
Sogyboy:

HAUSAs are still the simplest and the honest set of people in Nigeria. I think, if not for the Islamic religion that rendered most of them primitive, that part of Nigeria would have been the Nigerian Finnish(Finland people). Did you hear of the Hausa young man that designed a car in an American motor coy? It was a solo effort. There are many electronic gadgets produced or modified by them. Compare it with when there is steady supply of electricity and enlightment courses and seminars.
[size=18pt]Let me enlighten you about what you likely dont know or what you knew but ignored. It is that same ISLAMIC RELIGION that always guide the Hausa's to be that simple, honest and truthful. Therefore, stop accusing the religion just for an ordinary hatred.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Hertsnite: 10:17pm On Aug 16, 2011
I am from the oyinbo tribe, we are very ancient and proud
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by fatling: 3:15am On Aug 17, 2011
lol oyinbo is not tribe. welsh, irish etc, would be better. wink

Yoruba ppl are friendly.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by AndreUweh(m): 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2011
I go for the Egun ethnic nationality found in Lagos, Ogun and Benin Rep.

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by aljharem3: 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2011
i go for the ikwerre ethnic nationality for standing there ground rivers state

also the ika for standing there ground as well

very lovely set of people andre what do u think

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by dempeople(m): 8:36am On Aug 18, 2011
I like the Aworis. Their resilience in the face of intimidation is worthy of note and admiration.

The Egbas are also noted for their conspicuousness in the nation's affairs e.g. Awo, Obj and Soyinka.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by naijarican(f): 7:46am On Aug 20, 2011
I like American Blacks, They are somewhat a tribe aren't they LOL. They are cool people once you get to know them.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2011
according to fatai rolling dollar ;

if you married the yibbo lady
make sure you give it-i akpu o!
give it-i akpu o
if you gon't gve it-i akpu o
it will lon run away
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2011
give it-i akpu o
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 21, 2011
naijarican:

I like American Blacks, They are somewhat a tribe aren't they LOL. They are cool people once you get to know them.

why the lol?
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by fadal(m): 3:52am On Aug 24, 2011
igbo because my babygirl was igbo
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Russialane(m): 3:56am On Aug 24, 2011
tongue[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Desola(f): 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2011
Odenson!

Who's intimidating the aworis?

Soyinka is an ijebu man from Ishara - olodo oshi!
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Russialane(m): 12:24pm On Aug 28, 2011
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by firestar(f): 10:14am On Sep 08, 2011
The Igbo are  gregarious and are never shy about airing their views. I love that about them. (I have quite a number as relatives cheesy wink smiley)
If you are a man it's 'Nna', a woman it's 'Nne'. Everytime I hear their unique accent, I must turn around and see who said what. Their dances is something alright-- it's to a point whenever I'm at a get-together and music is shuffled, I dance to the tune. It's lovely.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee ye! The Urhobo and the Isoko people (I refer to them as my people grin cheesy wink) Their upfront friendliness is what I refer to as 'end-of-discussion'. Banga and Starch. . . Chei! grin Fun to eat and you eat as a family. Always. Siddon for ground and chop, finish! Love-dem-love-dem-love-dem! grin grin grin And their dance with kerchiefs? Aaaaaaaaaah. . . Roll it and move your body, it flows with hip-hop.

Abadie! The Efik people and their kpom, kpom, kpom language. grin Makes me laugh every time I hear it. Learnt alot from them. Very hospitable. And their dance--na wa. . . (I'm rolling ma waist na! Nn-Nnnn, no like dat like dis, and you flow like wata. . . Eh, nn-nnnn not like dat ma sista. . . Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh embarassed )
Brb. . .

3 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by pleep(m): 3:40am On Sep 09, 2011
firestar:

Abadie! The Efik people and their kpom, kpom, kpom language. grin Makes me laugh every time I hear it. Learnt alot from them. Very hospitable. And their dance--na wa. . . ([color=#990000]I'm
grin grin grin grin grin lol
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Lax75(m): 4:41am On Sep 09, 2011
Hausas - love their language and the way it sounds. Very cohesive group of people who are simple and not loud/noisy.

Ndigbo - love their courage and adaptive nature. Ndigbo will survive and thrive anywhere, even if na afghanistan dem dey.

BTW - LAx, alias wine-n-dine bobo, is Yoruba.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by iwonbaoko1: 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2011
make sure you give it akpu o
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by ak47mann(m): 3:13pm On Sep 09, 2011
iwonbaoko1:

make sure you give it akpu o
brukutu is made from suicide bombers and how about tuwo chinkafa that wan is made from assorted meat from jos embarassed tongue tongue
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by emofine(f): 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2011
As an artist I reserve much respect and plenty admiration for the Edos - one of, if not the finest artists on the continent cool
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Ybutterfly: 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2011
in this thread what a joke, that is a hard task for people on this forum to do
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2011
I like yoruba people, dont really know why!
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by sheyguy: 9:32am On Oct 22, 2011
I love the yorubas and hausas cos they dont go around with inferiority complex complaining about other tribes, Especially the yorubas they always stand out.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by uzochinedu: 7:34am On Oct 27, 2011
The hausas are very honest and truthful ppl
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Chyz2: 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2011
alj_harem:

i go for the ikwerre ethnic nationality for standing there ground rivers state

also the ika for standing there ground as well

very lovely set of people andre what do u think

grin
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by naijarican(f): 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2011
H-Star89:

why the lol?

Because some people may not consider Americans of African descent a legitimate tribe, so the "LOL" was kind of a nervous type laughter, make sense?[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Forestrock(f): 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2011
Mega Racist Lady Caught on Cam, You Need 2 Watch This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i47HoiM0Au8
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 29, 2011
If you get to a place where there are n̶̲̥̅̊
o igbos, my broda run for your dear life.
Boki people of cross river are extremely peaceful.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by valleyice(m): 2:34pm On Dec 07, 2011
I like my people in the river areas, their self composure and astonished appearances.
The Hausa, apart from simpleness and honesty, they can survive from economically local made nutritious foods.
the Tiv, wow! their co-operation and sociability very awesome. I once had friend from Tiv we were refereed to as brothers before he passed-on.
the Igbos, Igbo Kwenu! If it is true that NASA have discover a planet that can sustain live, believe me an Igbo man will be among the first to live there. I call them the all weather people. From Maryland to Freetown, from Kumba to Shanghai, Caribbean, UAE, Russia even places like Sudan just name them. in-fact if you travel to anywhere and did not find an Igbo man there, better leave that place is no  good for living. They can explore, develop and generate. An Igbo can acquire wealth and fame by selling our trash overseas. All tribes in Nigeria I must say have good reputations, it depends on your observations and views and the manner you use in approaching them.

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by adedayo07: 12:34pm On Feb 01, 2012
I cherished the hausa people before now, but the incidence of bh makes me to get pissed off.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by foster69: 6:38am On Feb 02, 2012
The ibo always treat me like a king with palm wine and warm friendship, hausa made some of my wildest clothes and their money changers never cheat on exchange, yoruba were some of the nicest people I met on badagri beach and they always had a warm smile, and benue girls were the prettiest I met in a club in Abuja especially the beautiful lady in the nightclub. And Goodluck is an ijaw from delta and I sat on that bridge for 3 hours to cross into delta state in xmas traffic, Now someone please answer my thread. Why are you folks so hung up on being tribes -- and not Nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by tevinsolt: 6:15am On Feb 07, 2012
now ya'll imagine a Nigeria with this mindset, how good will it be brothers and sisters now lets try to look at our selves from today onward positively to make positive and big things to happen in our midst and in Naija as a whole. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tolulope Arotile Gets Posthumous Award As Ooni Honours 100 Youths / MC Oluomo Is Qualified To Be Oshodi Monarch - Prince Abdulwasiu Almaroof / I'm The Most Qualified, Peter Obi Says As He Meets Obidients In Zoom (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.