Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. (157538 Views)

Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Ogbefi007: 7:18pm On Nov 11, 2011
My survey gulped N60,000. I have being waiting for the papers to be out, now that its out. I will proceed with the approval stage cos the survey document will be presented for the approval, in my case I was told with the payment of 80k and a letter from the approval department, I can proceed with the digging if foundation!
Hope u have got a reasonable amount of blocks down! I ve more than 4500 blocks waiting to be used! Heard it rained today in Benin this will solidify the blocks the more!
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 11, 2011
@ ogbefi the site will be cleared latest monday, as soon as its done i will get a moulder because work will commence by month end.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Ogbefi007: 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2011
It's okay, once the molding commence the land will be flatten the more as a result of molding activity! I wish us the best cos I knw its not easy pulling the funds together! All the best pal.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by eros(m): 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
Another great thread. Signed in and learning
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2011
@ogbefi Thanks aLot My brother, i wish you well too
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Sagewood: 4:10am On Nov 13, 2011
vitodorado:

Incidentally this crib is 2 streets away from mine

Great Benin homes! God bless your pockets and God bless Nigeria.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2011
@ sweetedge. The name of the moulder is Umoh and contact is 08074325855. Hope you find him as a good resource.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 14, 2011
@donvito Vito my brother God will bless you, i hope we will always be useful to each other here, please can you tell me the amount he does collect for a specific numbers of block, cause my site is @ amagba.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2011
Well that will depend on your negotiating power with him. For me i negotiated 3500/200 blocks moulded i.e 5 bags. What part of Amagba is your site if i may ask, you never can tell, we could be close by
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2011
@donvito well my brother apparently i am not currently base in Nigeria my mother purchase the land for me, and i was told by her that no name on the street yet, i can send some pics to you may be you can identified it yourself. on the other hand i am not clear with your estimate did you mean 3,500 naira for 200 blocks?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 9:26am On Nov 15, 2011
Absolutely so. That is the standard rate nut sometimes these guys ride on the ignorance of people and charge at a premium.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2011
@donvito Thank you my brother,
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2011
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2011
More Pics
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 21, 2011
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by dady2011(m): 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2011
@vitodorado
Good information. I am also looking at building in Benin soon and I will be talking to your moulder asap. However, how much did you buy a trip of sand?. Do they still have land for sale at Ugbor? if so what is the rate of 100 x 100 land?.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Nobody: 3:01am On Dec 09, 2011
@dady2011 Lands @ ugbor are very very expensive, i advice you better shift your plans to Ugbor extension which happens to be Amagba, lands @ amagba are genuine and not that expensive compare to that of Ugbor, it also depends on the individual who owns the land the location of the land.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Demainman1: 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2011
I really enjoy reading this thread but it does take too long for updates to arrive. Mr Vito whats gwam. I like the pictures of those bungalows o. I wish I can afford something like those soon.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2011
@Demain Man

I completely agree with with you that my updates have been slow recently. However, this is deliberate because serious work has been going on behind the scenes and really was not disposed to taking pictures and sending updates from time to time as the project progressed. I promise and hope to send real updates on my cost so far up to the level presently and also with pictures.

@dady 11

Just like sweet edge confirmed, Amagba is the ebeano now in the GRA extension part of Benin at the moment and that is where you can get any land free from any form of encumberance at the moment. Prices range from 850k for a 100 x 100 and about 1.5m for a 100 x 200. When you are ready i can link you to the chairman of the community who will hand you over to the chief pointer to show you a genuine land. My brother you need to shine your eyes well well for land matter these days oh
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by darc: 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2011
good y'all
you can contact me for your architectural drawings

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by dady2011(m): 3:21pm On Dec 11, 2011
concern about the clashes between Ugbor and Amagba communities. Are they still fighting? is it not risky buying a land in Amagba at this time because of the crises?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2011
Well whatever is going on does not and has not affected the influx of people into Amagba to buy available land for sale. To be honest with you, the Ugbor guys are only trying to see if they could get something off from the Amagba guys because of the non availability of land to sell in Ugbor again.

However, to answer your question, the crisis is over and development is going on daily in the community.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Ogbefi007: 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2011
@Vito, well explained, to add to vito comment, as long as u have the right papers and if possible avoid what seems like the boundary between the warring community u don't have to be scared! Then try as much ad possible to start development. Note it is a taboo to bring down an already completed structure or ongoing structure in the Benin kingdom ( i have my root in Ishan and benin believes) unless u built on FGN right of way!
Proceed with ur project
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 6:04pm On Dec 11, 2011
Well said bro! As Ogbuefi has explained, as long as you avoid any land by the boundary, you do not need to entertain any fears about investing in Amagba. To be honest and without exhibiting any form of sentiments, Amagba is one of the fastest developing communities in the GRA extension communities. From the period i bought my land in August till date, there has been tremendous development around my project and the entire community as a whole to the extent now that a 100 x 100 i got back then for 600k now goes for btw 750k -900k and even in some cases for 1.3m depending on the location(especially for those on the road).

The artery roads in the community are now been graded, which now gives direct assess to my site as before now, i gain assess through the road behind me. By and large, i think i admire and appreciate the level of cooperation and the sincere drive to provoke rapid development by the members of the community.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by dady2011(m): 9:01pm On Dec 11, 2011
Thanks, I am talking to somebody for a 100 x 150 plot in Amagba, I have ask my younger brother to meet with the person and inspect the land by tomorrow. If everything goes well, the deal might be concluded this week or so. However, what other charges are expected after paying for the land? what is the cost of sand (double trip tipper) in this commnity? I need to start clearing the land and moulding the blocks required immediately the deal is concluded.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2011
@ dady2011 The Community Fee is 140,000 Naira is non negotiable.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by dady2011(m): 4:32pm On Dec 12, 2011
@ sweetedge

What is the community fee of N140k for?. If this is paid, is there any other money that they will ask before you can be allowed to start construction on your land?. I hear that in some communities, people are ask to pay crazy fees for things like, crops, fence, foundation, roofing etc and I do not know if this applies to Amagba coomunity.

I just do not want to get bug down paying series of fees without ending. What should I expect?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Nobody: 1:28am On Dec 13, 2011
@ dady2011 i only paid the community fee which is 140,000 Naira and the beacon which cost me 10,000 Naira Only, you can also take a look @ vito's Preliminaries that will also serve as a guide.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Fhemmmy: 1:55am On Dec 13, 2011
I have not been following this, but going thru it, so much to learn too
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by spyder880(m): 5:57am On Dec 13, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I have not been following this, but going thru it, so much to learn too

Very educative indeed, I have been reading all their posts.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 7:27am On Dec 13, 2011
@dady11. The 140k is called the community development fee and i can bet you that is one community that i've seen that actually utilizes the levy for that purpose (devt). Presently all roads are been graded and like i said in my previous post, i now have direct assess to my site and that is very encouraging. Furthermore, besides the 140k, you still pay 10k for crops and another 10k for community survey which will be done by the community surveyor.

The purpose of this survey by the community surveyor (who is very educated) is to properly demarcate and square out your land dimension so as to to encroach on either the road or someones land. Besides these fees, no one or group has harassed me for further payments or levies.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Ogbefi007: 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2011
@Daddy,
I will advice you keep some rough cash around, thou i am not in amagba area, but in EYEAN i paid same 140K for Eyean Development association , but on the receipt what they wrote was 65k, on inquiry i found out that the palace is aware of this arrangement by the youth, i think is an internal agreement between the elders in the palace and the youth, since its the youth that does the field work since elders hardly move, on the receipt also it was stated that the land was free of dispute, I also paid 10k for the crops that would have grown in the land, ( honestly there was no crop, its just a verse to get some extra from you)

They were also quick to tell me that when i get to decking and roofing i will also pay some money, anyway by then i would have pally them and get a fare deal,
There was a day i also gave the youth 2k to buy food and drink, the summary is to keep some cash for any eventuality.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) / Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures / Okwudili Umenyiora Owns One Of The Most Luxurious Houses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.