Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? (22020 Views)

I Met A Girl... Just 2mins Later We Were on The Same Byke Together!!! / Can We Guys Physically Tell If A Girl Just Had Sex Recently With Another Guy? / How To Tell When A Girl Just Had Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by laideo(f): 6:35pm On Jul 05, 2005
Originally: Can a Guy and a Girl Just Be Platonic Friends?

Okay so I'm a girl and I have problems with other girls. I find it hard to get along with them most of the times because, like we all know, girls have attitude - bitchyness, the whole works (well some of them, not all).

And me am just a laid-back kind of person and sorta tom-boyish. I flow better with guys and most of my friends are guys. But the problem is, most of my 'guy-friends' always want to take it to another level, which usually changes everything and tends to mess up the whole friendship. They just can't leave it at being 'just friends'.

So I'm curious. Can a guy and a girl really be platonic friends? 'No strings attached', that type of thing.

And if your a guy/girl, do you have a girl/guy that's like your closest friend? And is it the same with you all?
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Greatpeter(m): 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2005
Laide I will say yes but but with caution..........................................................................................................
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by kazey(m): 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2005
yeah i do have 2 lady friends and we are really close. 1 from Korea and the other from Singapore. Yes its possible, if you have been together for a long time. In my case since high school.

Maybe i would say get more of the guys that are already hooked up, as friends. That way they wont want another level tongue
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by jogego(m): 9:30pm On Jul 05, 2005
As one of my friends used to say, If I talk too much to a lady, I end up telling her I like her. Getting to close to a member of the opposite sex can lead to anything. Afterall, most deep rships are those that matured from friendships.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by hotangel2(f): 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2005
Laide it is possible, but it always ends up in something else. I have so many guy friends, but mostly we end up being "friends with benefit".
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Vieira(m): 10:47pm On Jul 05, 2005
grin grin grin

... otherwise known as 'runs'!

But seriously this is an individual thing. I personally would say "yes, but only after you have nailed the guy and he has gotten the message that there is no show for him!"

I personally do not have any female friends that something has not happened. I have online female friends that are just friends but that is online.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by shockreaction(m): 8:27am On Jul 06, 2005
Well, according to the Ladder Theory, "A guy cannot be friends with a girl that he wants to sleep with".

Everyone should check it out. It's an interesting read at http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by IAH(f): 8:41am On Jul 06, 2005
I have many friends that are guys and we are just friends. Not all of them want to take it to the next level, I think. rolleyes
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by shockreaction(m): 8:48am On Jul 06, 2005
Lol IAH... The "I think" part is good smiley Just try to casually ask one of them on some random day if he's interested in having sex with you.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by anugirl(f): 9:54am On Jul 06, 2005
Olaide u're just like me o! I also find it very difficult 2 get along with girls,infact most of my friends (very close F.s) are guys n none of them av ever taken our friendship 4 granted. It all depends on de type of guys u roll with.

E be like say those friends of urs are people like Vieira   grin
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by legry(m): 10:01am On Jul 06, 2005
Girl Guy laide its possible but look at the other side of it and ask some questions , How  and what brought the friendship to life, were there hidden motives right from the start(MALE OR FEMALE) was it attraction that got you both together look there are lots of questions So to me it boils down to individual motive towards the other person. a guy can change a flirty relationship into a strong friendship vice-versa the girl, it all just depends on your motive eg there is no way in this life time that i would want to be just friends with   J-LO lai lai if you tie me up and beat me lai lai for that girl there is no friendship o its strictly lover so if i meet her person today and start forming friendship na lie i de lie so laide do you feel moi.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Vieira(m): 10:06am On Jul 06, 2005
anugirl you dey craze o! grin

But make i tell you all those guys who are forming as friends fall into these categories:

1. planning to have sex

2. tried it and got nailed but is still hoping that one day he might get lucky

3. Gay

4. Weirdo

But if the girls is ugly but funny then she could have loads of male friends who have no ulterior motive.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by anugirl(f): 10:33am On Jul 06, 2005
   angry  (I'm sorry but none of them fall into those categories you listed.
No be everybody go be like you   tongue

N I dey sure say i fine pass ur GF  rolleyes
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by jogego(m): 10:52am On Jul 06, 2005
I dont know why you girls always refuse to accept the truth. Its a strategy that has worked countless times. Get close to her, sooner or later, her guards will be down and then hit dat booty.

If as you say its possible to be platonic with a guy, wait till you get married. I bet your husband would never allow you to have male friends.

@ Vieria, I especially like the last part,

But if the girls is ugly but funny then she could have loads of male friends who have no ulterior motive

You be proper crase man, abeg no kill me with laffter. I wonder how many of our ladies will admit to being in theis category
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by tayotina(f): 11:43am On Jul 06, 2005
Yeah, a guy and a girl can just be friends. Most of my friends are guys and all my colleagues are guys too. I hang out with them a lot. But when you talk of girlfriends, I can count just 2. I am always in the midst of guys and funny enough you might even think am dating 1 or 2 of them cos we are very close.

There is nothing we don't talk about when we are all together.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Vieira(m): 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2005
anugirl:

N I dey sure say i fine pass your GF rolleyes

ok o, and I am sure I just saw a pig fly past my window!
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by kazey(m): 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2005
Vieira:

But if the girls is ugly but funny then she could have loads of male friends who have no ulterior motive.

I do not agree, in fact if i have no interest i avoid those (ugly but charming), because, they can have great impact in you. You might think you are blind, but then something about them stains your heart, and stays there forever.You wouldnt find it easy scrubing it away. (speaking from experience). Dont get me wrong, i dont mind dating ugly girls, but i would think twice honestly. I am still young grin
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by pkrix(m): 1:08pm On Jul 06, 2005
Most guys and gals can be mere friends but not in all circumstances. They can be when the environment is not friendly for the consumation of the mere friends affair.

But let'em, even in their no string attach mind, hit the bed not on one bed but in a room and see before morning what the outcome will be?

The mere friends relationship has been consumated (i.e they've made it with each other).

What happened? I thought u are mere friends? Now hear the girl's reply.

"The coast was clear and it was night when lots of things go on in one's mind and beside I am not frigid." She replied like Eve.

But the guy could have endured the night maintaining his mere friends disposition. Like Adam u know.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by anugirl(f): 1:33pm On Jul 06, 2005
@ Vieira

undecidedna only pig u see ? rolleyes
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by tayotina(f): 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2005
Vieira, haba, can a pig fly? shocked
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Vieira(m): 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2005
pigs will fly on the day anugirl fine pass my babe!
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Motee(f): 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2005
They can JUST BE friends but PLATONIC friends...wisdom is required.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Desola(f): 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2005
That is really a toughie darling. We are similar in the sense that I relate better with guys as I get bored of talking about makeup, clothes and relationships all the time. I also don't enjoy gossiping which really is the numero uno in my girlfriends list. Given this case, I enjoy hanging with the lads as I love challenging and insigtful debates.

After all said, I will have to say it is very difficult to have a platonic relationship with a guy as every one of my male friends have indicated their interest in us taking things further. It really leaves me awkward situation as I enjoy their company immensely. Without being long winded, I would have to say it is HIGHLY difficult to remain platonic with male friends.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by anugirl(f): 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2005
Vieira, thank heaven u appreciate ur babe o! OUN A NI LAN GBE LARUGHE!
But she can't definitely be as pretty as i am.  
I am de VENERE!   cool
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Vieira(m): 3:39pm On Jul 06, 2005
ok I don hear anugirl, na you fine pass.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by anugirl(f): 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2005
before nko?  rolleyes
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by tayotina(f): 4:11pm On Jul 06, 2005
Na wah oh
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by hotangel2(f): 6:09pm On Jul 06, 2005
tayo, lol, why "na wa o"?
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by tayotina(f): 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2005
Before before, it was legry and love4ever, now its vieira and anugirl. Let me also look for a partner oh, abi?
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by hotangel2(f): 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2005
You are so right! lol
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 06, 2005
to word y'all. it's possible but very hard. viera sure did nail it when he said:

"make i tell you all those guys who are forming as friends fall into these categories:

1. planning to have sex

2. tried it and got nailed but is still hoping that one day he might get lucky

3. Gay

4. Weirdo

But if the girls is ugly but funny then she could have loads of male friends who have no ulterior motive"

hot-angel too with

"Laide it is possible, but it always ends up in something else. I have so many guy friends, but mostly we end up being "friends with benefit"

friends with benefits!!!!!!!!! thats what happens in most cases. u're friends, each with his own partner but u smooch each other freely but secretly
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by legs(f): 8:18am On Jul 07, 2005
well as calabarman said, you can not keep goat and yam in the same room without something happening!

sha i guess its possible to be just friends; i got some friends that are guysand nothin dey happen!!!

@ jogego its not about simply getting close to the girl while she lets her guard down before hitting the 'booty' i guess there has to be some connection and that does not happen between every girl and guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ever Had Sex With Your Cousin? Share Your Experience / Why Are Guys With Big Heads More Attractive? / 10 Commandments Every Girlfriend And Wife Need To Follow During The World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.