Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,014 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? (22039 Views)

I Met A Girl... Just 2mins Later We Were on The Same Byke Together!!! / Can We Guys Physically Tell If A Girl Just Had Sex Recently With Another Guy? / How To Tell When A Girl Just Had Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by eveseh(f): 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2006
sergio:

yes i am fellin him on that too, go on dude, spell it out, lol

so u are feeling him,u like what he said,abi shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by sergio(m): 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2006
yes o!!, he said it point blank, good job dude grin
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by eveseh(f): 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2006
sergio:

yes o!!, he said it point blank, good job dude grin

na wah for you and dude,

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by sexypets(f): 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2006
Yes it is very possible to have an opposite sex as friend. I wants to talk as a lady, its only depends on the kind of guys one choose to be friend with. And Also if as a girl you are have a male friends do not expose your body in his presence and also do not do anything to seduce him because a Man will always be a man. Be plain with him and trust yourself too.

Also, to be sincere a lady can not be a Platonic friend with a guy she is attracted to, you will find your self seducing him and he will end up having you and then you will now be claiming that he took an advantage of you. Please be sincere with urself.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by sergio(m): 2:19pm On Apr 27, 2006
now thats some stuff sexy, i would like my 'platonic' friend to strip in my presence, that would make our 'friendship' stronger grin
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by oneah(m): 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2006
it's easy to have but not when u have a relationship, those i did was the reason for the break ups i had, not so eay to keep most especially cos u might end up BANGING and that might be the begining of the end of the relationship, but it is very possible, 10 works outta hundred, Peace
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by lauryn(f): 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2006
Yes!
A man and a girl can just be friends if they choose to.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by sammyO: 6:25pm On Apr 27, 2006
yes, it possible but the issue is both of them must know each other spouse and the spouses know them in return, if not that affection may (most) likely set in and one or both party may loose control
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by mukina2: 9:52pm On May 03, 2006
yes .its possible as long as dere is no hard feelings on both sides.as long as a clean relationship is maintained in the heart,
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by stormz(m): 6:38pm On May 15, 2006
ye
THEY CAN BE PLATONIC FRIENDZ

MY BEST FRIEND IS A GIRL
I ONLY HAVE THREE GUY FRIENDZ
N I HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDZ, SO IMAGINE THAT1!!!!!
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by kellorah: 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2006
OBVIOUSLY, MAN!
D KIND OF TOPICS PPL BRING UP IN HERE I WONDER WHETHER THEY R ON DIS PLANET AT ALL.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by babymine(f): 10:33am On Jul 13, 2006
Of course!
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by SOJ(m): 10:53am On Jul 13, 2006
A platonic relationship is possible,but quite difficult.Yu cant really blame aguy when he is bombarded with sexual imagery all day round,can yu, ? wink Another factor to consider is the motive of the guy for keeping the friendship( could be to upgrade to the next level later on,who knows)
Anyway,its all about keeping limits and standards, make your limits and stick by them as friends.Ur relatnship might get better after a well intentioned "NO"

Meanwhile, Viera is to AnuGirl as SOJ is to, ?
wink
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by shauno: 11:26am On Jul 23, 2006
mmmmmmm,its rare,dnt u think,nobody iz real anymore,e'1 iz all about sex,i mean d dudes.if i cud find a female friend,just friendz i'll b so glad i dnt have a girlfriend. angry tongue
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2006
It is a given law of human relations that if you spend a LOT of time with a person of the opposite sex who you like a lot, ideas will start creeping into your head, and it's only a matter of time before your ideas turn into actions. And it's even worse for the guy.

I have platonic girlfriends, but i maintain a stay-off/stay-on relationship with them: when i start getting the hots for them, i maintain a good physical distance for a while. I can do it because i'm slightly asocial - if she don't like it she can f*** off! But It's hard, really.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by luvlymoi(f): 3:14am On Jul 24, 2006
yea for sure. as a matter of fact, most of my friends are guys.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by diddy4(m): 4:47am On Jul 24, 2006
yup. its so possible.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by hibans(f): 12:18pm On Jul 24, 2006
sammyO:

yes, it possible but the issue is both of them must know each other spouse and the spouses know them in return, if not that affection may (most) likely set in and one or both party may loose control

I think u'r right. Like me i dont make friends with Single guys bcuz definitely something wuld come out of it.

So, by u getting close to single guys means u want them even
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by michy(f): 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2006
its very possible
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by dainty(f): 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2006
[b][b]Sally: We are just going to be friends, OK?
Harry: Great, friends. It's the best thing, You realize, of course, that we can never be friends.
Sally: Why not?
Harry: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape, or form - is that men and women can't be friends, because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sally: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
Harry: No, you don't.
Sally: Yes, I do.
Harry: No, you don't.
Sally: Yes, I do.
Harry: You only think you do.
Sally: You're saying I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Harry: No, what I'm saying is they all want to have sex with you.
Sally: They do not.
Harry: Do too.
Sally: They do not.
Harry: Do too.
Sally: How do you know?
Harry: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally: So you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive.
Harry: No, you pretty much want to nail them, too.
Sally: What if they don't want to have sex with you?
Harry: Doesn't matter, because the sex thing is already out there, so the friendship is ultimately doomed, and that is the end of the story.[/b][/b]
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by iice(f): 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2006
For me absolutely coz i have more guy friends than girls and i flow better with guys. Well the whole thing of taking it 2 the next level i guess that's normal, i have that problem and not only with friends but also with guys i date, always wanting 2 take it 2 the next level. Na jst communication be the key, if hin dey harbor more feelings na hin biz coz i always make it clear from upright what am all i about and my whole attitude reinforces the notion. wink wink
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by soulpatrol(f): 6:27pm On Jul 26, 2006
bottom line is, in a gir-guy frienship, theres always one person with sex on their mind, and y'all know who that is. lol grin
i think its up to both parties to clarify things with each other so it doesnt get out of hand. most of my friends are guys and for some reason, all have wanted more than friendship. am i now going to give in to every one of them? i feel the same way about 1 or 2 of them, but you just have to draw the line somewhere. its really hard too undecided
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by dolarpo(m): 12:35am On Jul 29, 2006
hey but why do gals pretend they dont have sex on their mind too?
its both ways but the gals pretend.
at the same time its possible like in my own case, before i started goin out wit my gal, all my my female friends esp the tap ones were subject to me laying them down. i mean gettin into them, but since when i became committed every other gal remains a friend no matter how close. coz i decided not to cheat on my gal.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by iice(f): 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2006
The thing is women have more control than men, like Soulpatrol said, u feel attracted 2 a couple of them but u have 2 draw a line somewhere and knw that you will not cross such boundaries, guess u ddnt read the post huh? undecided
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by soulpatrol(f): 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2006
@ iice. hi five, girl.
@dolarpo. some men think with their "things" unlike women that can control themselves. besides i think its harder for a woman to come out with it than a man because of such a thing as "double standard" . a woman is called names like a ho' or slut if she expresses herself the same way as a man, thats why she pretends. lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by stormz(m): 1:08pm On Aug 02, 2006
thank you

i tend to mingle wit gurls dan guys.i trust gurls more dan i trust guys.i dnt no wat dey feel for me but dey defin8ly havnt put it into action.den again it mite b coz i set ma mind str8 wit dem n dey no not to spoil d friendship for sex.
so dey treasure ma friendship n 4get sex coz dey no ma motor on dat note is "sex lasts for ten minutes,friendship is forever"

so ma answer is still yea,guys n gurls can b PLATONIC friendz wen u set ur mind str8 with eachova.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by iice(f): 1:39pm On Aug 02, 2006
stormz:

so ma answer is still yea,guys n girls can b PLATONIC friendz when u set your mind str8 with eachova.
Exactly! smiley
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by stormz(m): 1:51pm On Aug 02, 2006
cheesy wink thnk u
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by coolty(m): 3:31pm On Aug 02, 2006
I believe that a man and a woman can be frineds.Taking a cue from ladies who says lets be friends before you can have a relationship grin
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by dolarpo(m): 12:49am On Aug 04, 2006
yeah its very possible for a guy and a girl 2 be just friends and also very close ones. could be so cloz to a girl and never ask her out no mata how sexy she is. but sometimes some girls allow the thot dat they are priti enter their skul and they start assumin d guy wants to ask them out and they start behaving fake. on the other hand some girls start trippin for the guy even when the guy doesnt want it to go beyond friendship level.

but its all good, i feel we should be able to open up to each other and let our feelingz known. i would hav lost my girl if i didnt ask her out when i did. she didnt want to go into any relationship and all she xpected from me was on friendship level, but i took the bold step and boom!! lets go out for wat is ours. and girls pls lets not be hostile. if its a NO let giv it gently. ladies shld try to understand that guys got feelinz now. smiley wink cheesy
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by iice(f): 6:33am On Aug 04, 2006
dolarpo:

yeah its very possible for a guy and a girl 2 be just friends and also very close ones. could be so cloz to a girl and never ask her out no mata how sexy she is. ]but sometimes some girls allow the thot that they are priti enter their skul and they start assumin d guy wants to ask them out and they start behaving fake. on the other hand some girls start trippin for the guy even when the guy doesnt want it to go beyond friendship level.
for real o, but that happens whether in friendship level or acquaintance level.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by dolarpo(m): 9:45pm On Aug 04, 2006
so i see nothing wrong wit d guy wanting 2 take d relationship to another level. he has a soft spot for the girl and he wants to express his feelinz for the girl, shld he continue killing himself in silence pretending thinz shld remain platonic? bullshit.

if i were the guy and i like d gal, even if she givs a blunt NO, im not givn up on her, i'll giv every shot possible. cool cool cool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. / Fixed / Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.