Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,517 members, 7,836,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k (44600 Views)

Which Country Will You Like To Come From If Given Another Chance To Be Born? / Which Country Will You Not Go To Even If Given Residence Permit? / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 2:21pm On Nov 15, 2022
cooooooks:
$40k is too small unfortunately. That's 1 year income for most people.

$400k would be a different matter.

EXACTLY!
$500k or so, then we can talk

2 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sukkot: 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ekpekus:

Now I am beginning to doubt your assertion. How many years did you live in those countries? What sector did you work in? What's the meaning of 2nd class citizenship?
kee in mind i was abroad for over 20 years so do the math. well i have worked in many sectors as is the case with life abroad and second class citizenship is your bbrown skin color being used against you

3 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by ZINNYBANKS: 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2022
kodred:

Housing as a refugee? Job… with which papers?

$40usd is about 32m black market rate. Tell me how unfortunate you want to be to squander it. If you can be that unfortunate in your home then your life is over when you move abroad.

You’re yapping about security and meaningful life yet the elites live here.
Your problem is you have thinking problem honestly. You can't reason beyond 32m .
Good roads, good medical facilities, serene environments, fast arrival of the police when needed , steady eletricity , Clean water , advancement in technology, society and no greedy leaders is not moving you ? Na 32m be your problem no worry kidnappers go collect am from you the moment they sight you and they see you've just arrived..
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sukkot: 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2022
ratiken:

Then how is that something to gloat about?

So anybody who does not live within your gated estate and the square mile radius should go to hell?

How exactly your experience similar to that of the average Nigerian?

And if you truly live such a restricted life for safety and security…… then there lies your answer about Nigeria
all na packaging. you package your life how you want it. thats how i want my life to be. keep in mind those living in certain parts of london or the usa cant come out after dark for fear of gang stabbings or shootings. everywhere done cast

5 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by OdefaGirl(f): 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
and whats going on in nigeria ? i feel safe here

Then you are not being factual, I doubt you have lived abroad as you claimed because it's all about general safety and not only that of you and your family suggests safety in Nigeria.
You think living within your estate makes you safe? What about the kids' schools....the church, where you go to socialize..... business trips and so on, will you guarantee your so called safety in Nigeria?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by kodred(m): 2:26pm On Nov 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I did say SOME would come home if offered $10k or even less. People are in all sorts of situations.
That's different from someone comming in with a clean slate who knows what he is doing

People that knew what they were doing back then are still stuck till this day. They would gladly return as they also thought once they get there everything would be set only to be heavily disappointed.
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 2:26pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ekpekus:

And when you are denied asylum, what next? Or you think say na every aduro dey pure?

Some places will NEVER deny you asylum because they need you. It is just a formality. In fact in some places they'd issue you driver's license and put you on the tax roll while you are still "illegal"

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sukkot: 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2022
OdefaGirl:

Then you are not being factual, I doubt you have lived abroad as you claimed because it's all about general safety and not only that of you and your family suggests safety in Nigeria.
You think living within your estate makes you safe? What about the kids' schools....the church, where you go to socialize..... business trips and so on, will you guarantee your so called safety in Nigeria?
you packge your life how you want it. nowhere in life is safe. when i lived in london several nigerian children got stabbed to death by gangs , a most notable case being damilola taylor in peckham. when i lived in chicago a ghanaian guy got gunned down outside wilson train station on broadway which was a few blocks from my house. nowhere is safe

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2022
tunapawizzy:

$40k? Is that enough to pay ransom?......at 700Naira...that is 30million Naira...can that even buy land in an area where u can charge 1m/year for a 3 bedroom flat...abi na $400k u wan talk?
Depending on your situation abroad, taking even $10k to go back home may be a life-saver BUT I think if your stay in say US is not illegal, and there's no imminent risk of falling out of status, most people won't take the 40k offer

Even if illegal, go to a sanctuary city and you are as good as legal

2 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Ekpekus(m): 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2022
seanwilliam:
Well, I personally will take 40k$ (32m)

I can always go to aboard for vacation, I no fit leave naija go Dey struggle.

If can make use of the 40k$ well, in 5 years , I’ll have enough to travel overseas and enjoy my life with my family.
Nigeria is the best place to spend and enjoy money .
You can not ALWAYS go abroad for vacation. Dem don deny you visa before even when money full your account scatter?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2022
afbstrategies:

How can I relocate to Nigeria when I make 100k yearly. Are you really kidding me right now?

Here are other things I have considered:

It takes about 3 minutes or less for emergency response by fire department or Police
I have never experienced power failure in almost 2 decades.
There are food banks in most places for families who are struggling
I have not gotten less than 5k Usd in tax refunds from the government.

I can go on and on but I have to go to work, pushing 16 hours straight overtime cheesy cheesy sad

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by ratiken(m): 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
all na packaging. you package your life how you want it. thats how i want my life to be. keep in mind those living in certain parts of london or the usa cant come out after dark for fear of gang stabbings or shootings. everywhere done cast

At this point , I don’t believe you have lived abroad. If you ever did, you were there illegally or had the short end of the stick for reasons best known to you.

You generalize like you only read headlines. You have no point.

3 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by ZINNYBANKS: 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2022
For 2020 gas na 300 fast forward to 2022 gas now na 850
For yankee gas go up everybody complain biden reason the matter everything normalize . for here nothing go sup if you like cry spirit grin .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2022
kodred:

Sorry bro but when you ‘make it’ abroad, are you going to relocate back to Nigeria eventually say like in your old age.

Relocate for what exactly?
Do you think this guy below will relocate?

2 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRvbWOYginI
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sukkot: 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ekpekus:

You sef... grin
hehe my brother na facts ooooo grin
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Ekpekus(m): 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2022
Codes151:
al these irrelevant things on Nairaland d make fp....

Exactly grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Ireportlive: 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2022
cool

My Brother In-laws Secretary actually left her secretary job as his Secretary at herbadeshers school UK, came to New Gbagi Ibadan Nigeria, started a fabrics store business selling lace , Ankara and aso ebi, and she is doing great with a family

This is a woman who spent over 5 years looking for papers, spent almost 10 years plus working for the bills and some petty savings, 10 years + without husband and kids

Many older Japarian wouldn't mind coming home for $40k as long as they already have their papers and can Japa at any time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by ayoncox: 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:
Abroad people: will you relocate back home if given $40k?

Home guys: $40k to stay in Naija OR $1k to enter any country of your choice without papers. Pick one
If I get $40k I no go leave Naija but I will travel out and travel in 9 month in Nigeria, 3 month in overseas
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by kodred(m): 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2022
ZINNYBANKS:

Your problem is you have thinking problem honestly. You can't reason beyond 32m .
Good roads, good medical facilities, serene environments, fast arrival of the police when needed , steady eletricity , Clean water , advancement in technology, society and no greedy leaders is not moving you ? Na 32m be your problem no worry kidnappers go collect am from you the moment they sight you and they see you've just arrived..

So if you are not present, they won’t kidnap any other member of your family. You would go with your extended family to seek asylum or you don’t care about your fam, just yourself?

Na you wey dey abroad gan gan go enter their eyes to kidnap your family lol not knowing say na refugee things you dey for the abroad lol

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sukkot: 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2022
ratiken:

At this point , I don’t believe you have lived abroad. If you ever did, you were there illegally or had the short end of the stick for reasons best known to you.

You generalize like you only read headlines. You have no point.
you are free to believe what you want bro. doesnt change the fact that i have lived most of my life abroad than in nigeria. i was born abroad. abroad is nothing. my brothers and sisters ( way richerrrrrrrr than i am ) travel to london for the weekend to see their children. they go like every other weekend. so abroad is nothing in my family. God is good. my father started the trend. lived in London for close to 20 years during the british windrush era of the sixties ad seventies when naijas migrated in mass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by pacespot(m): 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2022
Hmm, make I dey read the comments first cheesy
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Ekpekus(m): 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
very safe. gated estate
So it is within the gated estate you work too? Do you travel for functions or family engagement?

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

You are right but asylum is not 100% guaranteed as you claimed especially if you are from Naija…… Ask aunty Kemi Olunloyo. She claimed asylum in Canada

You can go ANYWHERE. There are sanctuary cities where you can get licenses and work just like anybody though you are "illegal"
There's a reason Olunloyo is O-LUNATIC-loyo
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Ekpekus(m): 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

You'd be making a big mistake. There are places you'd save that $40k in 6 months as an illegal - plus enjoying a good life in an advanced society
Guy?? Abeg small small na. Which place be that?
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by etrange: 2:38pm On Nov 15, 2022
$40,000? I don't understand. Just $40k? Why would anyone leave the country for an amount that could make in few months?

2 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by fijihems: 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2022
Anyone living abroad in a developed country like the UK, USA or Canada who cannot save $20,000 in one year, is either not serious or wasting time.

3 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2022
kodred:

People that knew what they were doing back then are still stuck till this day. They would gladly return as they also thought once they get there everything would be set only to be heavily disappointed.

If you go to the RIGHT PLACE. Avoid crime, live inexpensive, you'd quickly amas a lot of money guaranteed - while enjoying a good environment. See video I posted above

5 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by AfonjaConehead: 2:40pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
make i book space first lol

lol brother these your conditions dey stringent oooo grin grin grin grin but lets work with it. now if i was based abroad 40k dollars is too small to relocate home with unless of course i was illegal abroad then i will take it asap and return like the same day if i can get flight lol cuz that is like 30 million naira. you can buy house for 25 million and settle down and rest. if i was legal hmmm if i was in the uk i would take it and return but if i was in the usa i wouldnt

as a home guy i would take $40k to stay. thats not even a question. 1k abroad without papers is worse than hell lol
Are you talking from experience?

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:
Abroad people: will you relocate back home if given $40k?

Home guys: $40k to stay in Naija OR $1k to enter any country of your choice without papers. Pick one

angry
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sukkot: 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ekpekus:

So it is within the gated estate you work too? Do you travel for functions or family engagement?
i work from home remotely. i dont go to functions. i am an introvert lol. all my family lives not too far so i go to their functions. all na packaging. you package your life nice and simple you will enjoy naija

2 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2022
ayoncox:

If I get $40k I no go leave Naija but I will travel out and travel in 9 month in Nigeria, 3 month in overseas

Part of the deal is that you stay in Naija.
Also, $40k is not enough to do all that traveling.
Believe me, that 40k will quickly disappear
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by ayinba1(f): 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

As soon as you obtain a valid ID no record is almost as good as good record.
Do your research. In some places illegals can get drivers license, open bank accounts, and even vote

Too much Fox News

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? / Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / Man Dies In Car Accident 12 Days To His Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.