Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? (18908 Views)

Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Libyans Under Gaddafi Live A Better Life Than Americans / Are Libyans Ignorant Of Their Own Racial Makeup Or Just Plain Racist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Tunmi(f): 2:41am On Aug 25, 2011
BOMANY:

Men! Do you know what are you talking about or just a parrot repeats lies without sense.
Do you want facts, here are some;
1- For many years, Gaddafi hanged thousands of youths in universities and stadium and showed it alive on TV terrifying anyone to say anything against him
2- In the last revolution, he killed over 30 thousand civilians and 70 thousand are injured
3- The population Libya is about 6 million, with income last year from gas and oil about 6 billion dollars which means that one million US dollars per annum for everyone. Then the 60 thousands is nothing actually. Moreover, when you visit Libya, you wont see a rich country, in fact many Libyans were poorly suffering while Gaddafi was spreading their country’s fortune on other countries just to be stated the big leader, the king og all kings …. bla bla bla
4- He changed the name, flag, national anthem …etc of his country just to fit his sick imagination, even he imposed his silly “Green Charter” on his people claiming that it is the only book that can take man to the right path. Paragraphs of the book used to be broadcasted on Libyan Radio for years.
If I keep talking about him sick de-mentality, I will need thousand pages. I wouldn’t call him a tyrant but just as he is called in the Arab world “The Crazy Man”. No one there took him seriously

Where is the proof to support all you have stated? I need actual news articles that report the amount dead on that specific day. This is what I want to know? So far, I have yet to see proof of the people Ghaddaffi killed. All I hear is that he killed people, please give me proof. I have proof of the propaganda, from independent journalists (www.veteranstoday.com). Please provide me with yours.

Here's one: http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/06/07/going-rogue-natos-war-crimes-in-libya/
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by misterh(m): 3:18am On Aug 25, 2011
My view is- why has the UN or NATO not taken concrete actions against Syria too? Also what will happen to the huge number of weapons in the hands of the rebels after the ousting of Gadaffi? But i'm angered by the relative silence of the AU.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Smi1(m): 4:13am On Aug 25, 2011
BOMANY:

Men! Do you know what are you talking about or just a parrot repeats lies without sense.
Do you want facts, here are some;
1- For many years, Gaddafi hanged thousands of youths in universities and stadium and showed it alive on TV terrifying anyone to say anything against him
2- In the last revolution, he killed over 30 thousand civilians and 70 thousand are injured
3- The population Libya is about 6 million, with income last year from gas and oil about 6 billion dollars which means that one million US dollars per annum for everyone. Then the 60 thousands is nothing actually. Moreover, when you visit Libya, you wont see a rich country, in fact many Libyans were poorly suffering while Gaddafi was spreading their country’s fortune on other countries just to be stated the big leader, the king og all kings …. bla bla bla
4- He changed the name, flag, national anthem …etc of his country just to fit his sick imagination, even he imposed his silly “Green Charter” on his people claiming that it is the only book that can take man to the right path. Paragraphs of the book used to be broadcasted on Libyan Radio for years.
If I keep talking about him sick de-mentality, I will need thousand pages. I wouldn’t call him a tyrant but just as he is called in the Arab world “The Crazy Man”. No one there took him seriously

listen to me brother , you need to back up your fact with some evidence not ranting like a bloody goat.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by dramenda(f): 6:56am On Aug 25, 2011
hjki
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by teeceexx: 8:19am On Aug 25, 2011
That country will soon plunge into a serious civil way with all the weapons the rebels carted from Gahdafi's compound and those the west supplied. They were not interested in looting the place but in stealing weapons. what are they gonna do with those if not fight? undecided
The west gonna suck them dry. angry insatiable quest for oil, oil, oil.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by kokogee: 8:28am On Aug 25, 2011
I just wonder how sm ppl(esp Pstylish, 4llerbuntu & co) think when they say $500(75,000 naira)/month for doing nothing or $60,000(9million naira)/person for getting married is 'peanut' when Nigeria gov cannot pay N18,000 minimum wage for ppl that work for the money. This is why Nigeria may never do well; Nigerian(graduates and illiterates) think the same way. In fact sm so-called illiterates think better than an average Nigerian graduate.

Why would any reasonable person compare sm1 that pays $500/month to all his country ppl for doing nothing to Nigerian politicians that give ppl btwn N500- N2,000 to buy their/votes/roads/electricity/jobs for a 4-yr tenure?

What is the average income a Nigerian earns per month?

Who cares for how long sm1 rules if ppl are comfortable? Can everybody taste power in a country?

Talking about democracy, was democracy not adopted/imported into Nigeria system of governance?

The Abacha and IBB ppl are mentioning did not care about anybody when they ruled; if ppls lives improves, I can tell u that no 1 would have complained about them.

NIGERIANS, WHEN DO WE START USING OUR HEADS OBJECTIVELY
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Guyman02: 10:16am On Aug 25, 2011
NATO used Aljazeera and CNN to show the world fake videos of Gadhafi troops killing civilians and bombing them from the air in order to get the UN resolution to go into war in Libya, just like the WMD lie used by Bush to invade Iraq no concrete evidence has been show of Gadafi killing his own people and not even one single bomb crater has been shown apart from those from NATO.
Many of theose typing here are single because they are afraid of the cost of marrying and starting a family while calling 'peanuts' the $60,000 given to all newly weds in Libya (thats N9million)

Let GEJ declare that all corpers or youths in Nigeria who get married between today and December 2011 will get N5m as family support and see if the number of spinsters in the churches and mosques praying daily for husbands will not disappear.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by NwanneD: 10:28am On Aug 25, 2011
This is an interesting topic. I think Libyans have been misled by US and Europe including NATO. The so called developed nations (US + Europe) over look their problems for only to interfere into other countries that have (GOD) - Gold, Oil and Diamond. US and England signed an oil deal for BP and SHELL for forty years with Gaddafi's predecessor and it expired during the regime of gaddafi and He refused to renew it. This is exactly what brought the hatred on Gaddafi. God will never forgive Us and England with their alides. That is why each week you hear one calamity or the other in these two nations. For the past three weeks shark has eaten two British nationals on holiday and honeymoon. Bear also ate a 17 year old boy on camp. They have destryed Libya and British children paid them back with riot and looting while hurricane and earthquake live with US. The war they caused in libya has not ended and NATO is telling the world that their action is not free. Who invited them? If their mission is for peace and to save civillians, why did they kill people and destoy properties? They have started taking oil already. If some minorities are complaining of Gaddafi's regime, are british people not complaining of David Cameroen. Are Americans not complaing of Obama? According to Gaddafi, if they said  he has stayed long in power and who ellected him, what about the Queen, she has stayed longer than Gaddafi and who ellected/appointed her? You cannot please everybody even Jesus Christ who died for our sins was hated by some groups and was later crucified.
I had a chat with a friend from Erithrea who once lived in Libya and he confirmed that Gaddafi is doing well and US and Europe can not subdue him so they instigated a group of people for this problem. He also confirmed that petrol is free once you have a car and other good things that follow. to be continued. (pls ignore my little mistakes and construction quality)
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by kokogee: 10:38am On Aug 25, 2011
Nwanne D.:

This is an interesting topic. I think Libyans have been misled by US and Europe including NATO. The so called developed nations (US + Europe) over look their problems for only to interfere into other countries that have (GOD) - Gold, Oil and Diamond. US and England signed an oil deal for BP and SHELL for forty years with Gaddafi's predecessor and it expired during the regime of gaddafi and He refused to renew it. This is exactly what brought the hatred on Gaddafi. God will never forgive Us and England with their alides. That is why each week you hear one calamity or the other in these two nations. For the past three weeks shark has eaten two British nationals on holiday and honeymoon. Bear also ate a 17 year old boy on camp. They have destryed Libya and British children paid them back with riot and looting while hurricane and earthquake live with US. The war they caused in libya has not ended and NATO is telling the world that their action is not free. Who invited them? If their mission is for peace and to save civillians, why did they kill people and destoy properties? They have started taking oil already. If some minorities are complaining of Gaddafi's regime, are british people not complaining of David Cameroen. Are Americans not complaing of Obama? According to Gaddafi, if they said  he has stayed long in power and who ellected him, what about the Queen, she has stayed longer than Gaddafi and who ellected/appointed her? You cannot please everybody even Jesus Christ who died for our sins was hated by some groups and was later crucified.
I had a chat with a friend from Erithrea who once lived in Libya and he confirmed that Gaddafi is doing well and US and Europe can not subdue him so they instigated a group of people for this problem. He also confirmed that petrol is free once you have a car and other good things that follow. to be continued. (pls ignore my little mistakes and construction quality)

U'v made sense
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by superior1: 10:39am On Aug 25, 2011
Yeah, Gaddafi did blah blah blah for the Libyans maybe you are correct, but he missed and messed it totally, how,  why?
He didn't know when to quit power honourably[b][/b]
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by cap28: 10:51am On Aug 25, 2011
kokogee:

I just wonder how sm ppl(esp [b]Pstylish, 4llerbuntu & co) think when they say $500(75,000 naira)/month for doing nothing or $60,000(9million naira)/person for getting married is 'peanut' when Nigeria gov cannot pay N18,000 minimum wage for ppl that work for the money. This is why Nigeria may never do well; Nigerian(graduates and illiterates) think the same way. In fact sm so-called illiterates think better than an average Nigerian graduate.[/b]

Why would any reasonable person compare sm1 that pays $500/month to all his country ppl for doing nothing to Nigerian politicians that give ppl btwn N500- N2,000 to buy their/votes/roads/electricity/jobs for a 4-yr tenure?

What is the average income a Nigerian earns per month?

Who cares for how long sm1 rules if ppl are comfortable? Can everybody taste power in a country?

Talking about democracy, was democracy not adopted/imported into Nigeria system of governance?

The Abacha and IBB ppl are mentioning did not care about anybody when they ruled; if ppls lives improves, I can tell u that no 1 would have complained about them.

NIGERIANS, WHEN DO WE START USING OUR HEADS OBJECTIVELY

author=Guyman02 link=topic=743332.msg9002583#msg9002583 date=1314263775]
NATO used Aljazeera and CNN to show the world fake videos of Gadhafi troops killing civilians and bombing them from the air in order to get the UN resolution to go into war in Libya, just like the WMD lie used by Bush to invade Iraq no concrete evidence has been show of Gadafi killing his own people and not even one single bomb crater has been shown apart from those from NATO.
Many of theose typing here are single because they are afraid of the cost of marrying and starting a family while calling 'peanuts' the $60,000 given to all newly weds in Libya (thats N9million)

Let GEJ declare that all corpers or youths in Nigeria who get married between today and December 2011 will get N5m as family support and see if the number of spinsters in the churches and mosques praying daily for husbands will not disappear.

GBAM!!!!!!!!!

i wish we had more people on NL who are as intelligent as the above posters.

This is a man who had the interest of his people at heart, a man who understood the importance of providign the basics and even provided cash incentives for getting married in order to guarantee increase in population growth which in turn would lead to increase in manpower

when these al qaeda gangs started this their  uprising in benghazi - the first thing gadaffi did was to LOWER THE PRICE OF FOOD IMPORTS, he then started talking about disbanding some of the committees in order to do away with the bureaucratic govt because he felt that these bureaucracies were corrupt and were preventing more of the oil revenue from reachign the people of libya, his main complaint against the western oil companies was that they were not paying enough for the oil that his country was supplying. Like nigeria, libya's crude oil is known as "sweet crude" becuase it does not require a lot of refining and is of a very high quality - gadaffi felt that the western oil companies were exploiting libya's cheap production prices and he threatened them with nationalisation in order to force the price up. 

When these uprisings began in the arab world one of the first things gadaffi did was to remove tarrifs on food imports in order to make them cheaper for his people - lets compare that to called democratice nigeria where okonjo iweala is getting ready TO REMOVE FUEL SUBSIDY ON PETROLEUM PRODUCTS IN NIGERIA  which is going to lead to massive hikes in the price of food and transportation costs!!

this is why i agree with the above posters about the level of ignorance and stupidity among our people.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by MIrhABi: 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2011
To my ogas up hia! angry

I don't know why you n**bsk**ls compare the thinking of a Nigerian to a Libyan.The difference is fucking CLEAR!!!.

If you can't read between the lines,let me illustrate it to you like a kiddo,

COUNTRY STANDARD OF LIVING

A best

B better

C good

D bad

E worse

F worst

Let Libyans be C while Nigerians be F

Citizens of Libya had been living well for a very long time,for the fact that human want is insatiable they want to push over to B because they have solid information about their country's wealth and how it is poorly distributed amongst them so they want a CHANGE.They are tired of living the C style they want the B style so they are ready to pay the price and face the consequences.THEY ARE NOT AS DUMB AS YOU PEOPLE PORTRAY THEM AS HERE.

That is the same reason foolish citizens of F are tired of backwardness so if they manage to get to E they will do all their possible best not to get back to F not to talk of if they get to C.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by MIrhABi: 12:33pm On Aug 25, 2011
Yankee sef start from F now they are at A.This kind of projection no bi WASA nah,its been a long time coming with good leaders steering the wheels of the economy,explain to me why democracy in yankee is working?,though no system is PERFECT.Nigerians voted massively for a retarded leader and its a proportional thing nah the more retarded the economy is.shikena!!

[color=#990000][/color]

STOP SUPPORTING GHADAFFI,NIGERIANS I WONDER WHY WE GET EXCITED WHEN WE SEE HALF LEADERS?,OOPS!!! SEEMS ITS BECAUSE WE NEVER HAD ONE FOR A VERY LONG TIME.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by kokogee: 1:22pm On Aug 25, 2011
MIrhABi:

To my ogas up hia! angry

I don't know why you n**bsk**ls compare the thinking of a Nigerian to a Libyan.The difference is bleeping CLEAR!!!.

If you can't read between the lines,let me illustrate it to you like a kiddo,

COUNTRY    STANDARD OF LIVING

A                       best

B                       better

C                      good

D                       bad

E                       worse

F                       worst

Let Libyans be C while Nigerians be F

Citizens of Libya had been living well for a very long time,for the fact that human want is insatiable they want to push over to B because they have solid information about their country's wealth and how it is poorly distributed amongst them so they want a CHANGE.They are tired of living the C style they want the B style so they are ready to pay the price and face the consequences.THEY ARE NOT AS DUMB AS YOU PEOPLE PORTRAY THEM AS HERE.

That is the same reason foolish citizens of F are tired of backwardness so if they manage to get to E they will do all their possible best not to get back to F not to talk of if they get to C.

Truly, every country wants its welfare to improve from time to time, ceteris paribus. However, a lot of questions must be asked and a lot of things must be done to ensure that sm1 is not somewhere advocating for/instigating ppl for selfish interest.

If the way ppl are being ruled is the problem in Libya, let us look around the world to analyse system of gov and the politics that surround rulership/governance. Most of the Arabian countries are well known for monarchical system of gov while the west/european countries practice democracy, UK practise Parliamentary.

Looking at all the arab nations and the middle east where they'r well blessed with crude oil, the west usually cause unending crisis by way of propaganda and instigation using the internet and the press unless the leadership of the country is loyal to the US government. King of Saudi arabia is an example of US loyalist that has been ruling the country for yrs, but US would not say anything bcs the king settles them well.

We talk about improving ppls' lives; US invaded Iraq, Afghanistan etc so that they bring peace and improve the standard of living of the ppl there, but have the lives of those ppl improved?

Britain has Queen who rules till she dies, which other country of the world runs that system of gov.

The question we need to be asking is that why should US be poking nose into the political affairs of every country with crude oil?

The case of the death of MKO Abiola witnessed US/UK go-ahead, simply bcs Abiola's ideology did not favour them.

IF US/EUROPE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO IMPROVE THE LIVES OF THE CITIZENS OF THE COUNTRIES THEY INVADED, THEN THEY SHOULD STOP CAUSING MORE PROBLEMS AND ALLOW PPL TO SORT THEMSELVES OUT.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by fattynaija: 1:52pm On Aug 25, 2011
Libya people will suffer for this because British,France and America are going to turn libya to iraq because of their own benefit, i mean because of the oil.Why cant they send Nato to zimbabwe to remove Mugabe because they know there is no oil there. America and British are thieves but i dont blame them i blame Gadahfi and the libyan people for accepting them as a helper they are not going to do them any good.Libya is going to worst than Iraq.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2011
I don't know if we Nigerians ability to reason properly is a problem of ignorance or mere stupidity! Many people who visit this forum would quickly conclude that they are either insane or frustrated. The way most Nigerians air their views here is appalling to say the least. From the old to the young we can't co-ordinate ourselves through coherent comments that would have reflect on our nature better than trading insulst and illogical statements.

That been said, Libya is no way viewed as a model  by any African nation order than the people who haven't been there claiming to know much about its social and standard indexes as very high make the difference. Personally, I think the country in question is no way a better country than Nigeria only, in the minds of those who believe in slavery and oppression of the people. No matter the conditions of life in Nigeria the average citizenry who know their rights have the right to express themselves(the first of human rights) but not so in Libya that somebody said is in the category of C in his/her grading. Listen good, living standard can't  be traded for freedom no matter the conditions. History has let us know that freedom is the ultimate thing that can happen to any citizen before fighting for other rights. It's a right not a concept, more or less like right to exist. Most of us here tend to see it the other way round(those who would like to be Libyans) - the basic reason why they are seeing Libya as one hell of nirvana.

If I must addressed the issue from a logical point, I would rather live in Nigeria than living in Libya where I know that one day things will be done right because my freedom to express myself in many areas is guaranteed. Whereas in Libya  tyrants would  succeed one another which would require a revolution(through massive blood shed) to remove the govt and the hurdles.

On the topic, I don't think it's a huge mistake the Libyans have made by removing Muammar Gaddafi from position but, a rightful thing to do for the better future of the people and the country.

The argument on oil equating it with the country success is just one part of a nation potentials but the best potential are the human resources, which can be used to harness the natural ones. Libyans might have high percentage of educated people the larger percentage are only those who can read and write in Arabic - I don't think the  nation can boast of good numbers of modern  indigenous doctors, engineers, artists and artistes, technicians, agriculturists and, the list can go on and on. Then you will now ask yourself how can such a country be ready for the future, only, on the mercy of foreigners who are there for the natural resources, which we know are limited.

It is time we have to look at the removal of Gaddafi  from a better perspective than speculating about the horror of tribal insurgences and the complacency with fools paradise.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2011
Nwanne D.:

You need to go back to book and read more the  Queen has no power in british politics, read more about absolute monarchy and Constitutional monarchy   

when was the last time libya had elections ? just remember those who were born the day he came to power are now 40 years old do you think they share the same vision ? thats the reason ABSOLUTE MONARCHY always end up having problems they fail to adjust with time and new generations

hence UK separated QUEEN/KING and daily runnings of country/politics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_monarchy

Most constitutional monarchies employ a parliamentary system in which the monarch may have strictly ceremonial duties or may have reserve powers, depending on the constitution. Under most modern constitutional monarchies there is also a prime minister who is the head of government and exercises effective political power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_monarchy

Absolute monarchy is a monarchical form of government in which the monarch exercises ultimate governing authority as head of state and head of government, his power not being limited by a constitution or by the law. An absolute monarch thus wields unrestricted political power over the sovereign state and its subject people. In an absolute monarchy, the transmission of power is twofold; hereditary and marital.[citation needed] Absolute monarchy differs from limited monarchy, in which the monarch’s authority is legally bound or restricted by a constitution.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by kokogee: 2:58pm On Aug 25, 2011
all4naija:

I don't know if we Nigerians ability to reason is a problem of ignorance or mere stupidity! Many people who visit this forum would quickly conclude that they are either insane or frustrated. The way most Nigerians air their views here is appalling to say the least. From the old to the young we can't co-ordinate ourselves through coherent comments that would have reflect on our nature better than trading insulst and illogical statements.

This is infact too much of an insult from sm1 who claims others are insultive! Why should u join them if u'r not part of them?

all4naija:

Personally, I think the country in question is no way a better country than Nigeria only, in the minds of those who believe in slavery and oppression of the people. No matter the conditions of life in Nigeria the average citizenry who know their rights have the right to express themselves(the first of human rights) but not so in Libya that somebody said is in the category of C in his/her grading. Listen good, living standard can't  be traded for freedom no matter the conditions.

Talking about freedom and living standard; majority of Nigerians have none. Let me list some examples:
-The former PDP chairman was removed because he supported the PDP zoning arrangement which was against GEJ's ambition.
- Thou u said  u can express urself if u know ur right(how many Nigerians know their rights); police can stop u and cook up smth against u or delay u unnecessarily if u refuse to 'drop'
- A politician can slap a principal of a school if the child is disciplined
- Students/protesters are usually dealt with by police for airing their grievances.
- Judges(e.g Salami) can be illegally removed from office for ruling against the ruling party
- N18,000/month minimum wage is an issue for a Nigerian politician that earns billions for security vote.
The list can go on.

all4naija:

On the topic, I don't think it's a huge mistake the Libyans have made by removing Muammar Gaddafi from position but, a rightful thing to do for the better future of the people and the country.

Time would tell

all4naija:

Libyans might have high percentage of educated people the larger percentage are only those who can read and write in Arabic - I don't think the  nation can boast of good numbers of modern  indigenous doctors, engineers, artists and artistes, technicians, agriculturists and, the list can go on and on. Then you will now ask yourself how can such a country be ready for the future, only, on the mercy of foreigners who are there for the natural resources, which we know are limited.

Thank God u said high % of them are educated; what % of Nigerians are educated (including those graduates that cannot write a simple sentence)
Also, note that apart from Libya, many countries(including US, UK, UAE, Canada and so on) have other nationales as part of their labour force.

all4naija:

It is time we have to look at the removal of Gaddafi  from a better perspective than speculating about the horror of tribal insurgences and the complacency with fools paradise.  

Of course, with the NATO acting on US/UK instruction, Gaddafi would be out soon but what follows would likely not be different from what is happening in Iraq
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by MIrhABi: 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2011
@Oga ALL4NAIJA na real wah for you o

Don't be too quick to type and think you're gonna make a difference here by insulting people.Oga,i don't need to go to Libya to know how their standard of living is?,even the GDP is an indicator itself though it is not a measurement of the standard of living in an economy.I was just trying to illustrate the disparity in thinking thats all. undecided
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 25, 2011
kokogee:

This is infact too much of an insult from sm1 who claims others are insultive! Why should u join them if u'r not part of them?
Stating fact is now insult. I included myself in the picture.At least it's likely an observation of things happening in the forum

Talking about freedom and living standard; majority of Nigerians have none. Let me list some examples:
-The former PDP chairman was removed because he supported the PDP zoning arrangement which was against GEJ's ambition.
- Thou u said  u can express urself if u know your right(how many Nigerians know their rights); police can stop u and cook up smth against u or delay u unnecessarily if u refuse to 'drop'
- A politician can slap a principal of a school if the child is disciplined
- Students/protesters are usually dealt with by police for airing their grievances.
- Judges(e.g Salami) can be illegally removed from office for ruling against the ruling party
- N18,000/month minimum wage is an issue for a Nigerian politician that earns billions for security vote.
The list can go on.
There are those who know their right because they exercise them and it would be hard to trample down. On PDP member insinuation, it proves that the man doesn't know his rights, which the case should have been taken to court - you don't fold your hands and let people trample upon your rights because you think it will not be addressed. Things like that happen everywhere in the world - you don't just give up on your rights. That's were we always miss the mark. Ken Saro Wiwa case  proves you wrong, with time it later materilized.

Sorry, I don't think Nigerian students know their rights(as you made it looks here) - not by running around and disrupting properties but to stand up for what they deemed are their rights. For example they can use the media(international and locals), send information to human rights organizations, demonstrate with one heart to get across their aspirations.Leave the police aside they are used everywhere to queer down protests but you don't allow something like that to hold you down. If as you made it looks here is true I would say Nigerian students don't know their rights.  

Time would tell
Yes! Time will tell indeed!

Thank God u said high % of them are educated; what % of Nigerians are educated (including those graduates that cannot write a simple sentence)
Also, note that apart from Libya, many countries(including US, UK, UAE, Canada and so on) have other nationales as part of their labour force.
Modern education is beyond the ability to read and write in your language  but  inclusive of ability to relate with modern educational tools which for example computer is one of the tools and also in their various disciplines.You can have other nationals to fill in some gap but taking over everything is not good for any country. The proportion matters. If most of the foreign nationals working in those countries you listed above leave they can still do those things on their own.Libya case is not so. And, another thing is that their economy is not diversified and they depend solely on oil.

Of course, with the NATO acting on US/UK instruction, Gaddafi would be out soon but what follows would likely not be different from what is happening in Iraq
It's not going to be like Iraq! That's speculation. The people are more involved in the fight just as the NATO.NATO involvement is more like in the form of assistance for the war not to be polarized because, Gaddafi have the weapons and the military. It is not fair to just look while Gaddafi and his men wipe out the people easily.

NB: The excuses for Iraq invasion are palpable and they take years to be realized. Unlike Iraq Libyans are seeing what is taking place in Arab world and they demand for a change.If there were no other upheavals in Tunisia,Egypt,etc then I don't see Libya being different.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by BOMANY: 4:39pm On Aug 25, 2011
Excuse me, anyone tries defending Gaddafi because his justified suspicious attitude against USA & Europe or because he read some articles or watched something on youtube, he/ she doesn’t make sense at all.

Someone asked me for articles as evidences of Gaddafi’s crimes, I laughed. I didn’t read it, heard about or watched it on a propagandized media, I lived it personally. I was grown up Between Egypt and Libya. I watched the executions of hundreds of young oppositionists. They were hanged in the stadium and universities where they were students just because his intelligence service forces found them guilty of having banned books!! Or demonstrate in the university campus.

Gaddafi stated many times in his speeches during 1970s and 1980s that he ordered of shooting some political prisoners like “dogs” claiming that they were traitors.
All of this and more took place without a decision from court on any level.

In Egypt and Arab world, people used to laugh at him as nothing but MAD MAN. One day, he stated that he is a leader but without a nation, while Egypt is a nation without a leader so he marched with convey from Tripoli to the Egyptian borders with intentions to take over the power there. He didn’t go back from the borders till Late Egyptian President Sadat offered him to establish a unity between both countries what had never happened actually. Sadat was eying Libyan’s fortune and when he found out the negative side of Gaddafi is much more than what he can gain, he disengaged himself. Gaddafi was and still the MAD MAN that everybody fears because you can never predict what he can do.

I am not defending USA and Europe, in fact I believe that their countless crimes in the Middle East and Africa is unforgettable, and yet unpunished. But it is unfair to Libyans to minimize their revolution against Gaddafi’s crimes in descriptions such “NATO deceived them” or “They will be lost after revolting against Gaddafi’s Paradise”, because Libyans are not just puppets to be moved by NATO and there was no paradise. In fact it was the hell itself.

Pliz do not under estimate the legitimate rights of Libyans because you are pro or Against US.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by felifeli: 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2011
Why are civilian Libyans in Tripoli rejoicing ?
It is because at last NATO will stop terrorizing them with bombs,
Ope o! grin
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Sagamite(m): 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2011
cap28:

GBAM!!!!!!!!!

i wish we had more people on NL who are as intelligent as the above posters.

This is a man who had the interest of his people at heart, a man who understood the importance of providign the basics and even provided cash incentives for getting married in order to guarantee increase in population growth which in turn would lead to increase in manpower

when these al qaeda gangs started this their  uprising in benghazi - the first thing gadaffi did was to LOWER THE PRICE OF FOOD IMPORTS, he then started talking about disbanding some of the committees in order to do away with the bureaucratic govt because he felt that these bureaucracies were corrupt and were preventing more of the oil revenue from reachign the people of libya, his main complaint against the western oil companies was that they were not paying enough for the oil that his country was supplying. Like nigeria, libya's crude oil is known as "sweet crude" becuase it does not require a lot of refining and is of a very high quality - gadaffi felt that the western oil companies were exploiting libya's cheap production prices and he threatened them with nationalisation in order to force the price up. 

When these uprisings began in the arab world one of the first things gadaffi did was to remove tarrifs on food imports in order to make them cheaper for his people - lets compare that to called democratice nigeria where okonjo iweala is getting ready TO REMOVE FUEL SUBSIDY ON PETROLEUM PRODUCTS IN NIGERIA  which is going to lead to massive hikes in the price of food and transportation costs!!

this is why i agree with the above posters about the level of ignorance and stupidity among our people.

cap28, you foool!

Stop wasting your time here. Gaddafi has given instructions to mugus like you to go out and fight the rebel rats. Quash them! Quash the lousy crusaders! Don't let them take over the great nation from (as Gaddafi likes to say) "us"!

Go out and go and die for Gaddafi, your GREAT LEADER! Your brother-leader!

Go and die for him while he is conducting "tactical retreat"!

Glory will come to Gaddafi (like Saddam) with the help of the buffoons like you going to fight and die for him. grin

Don't let your GREAT LEADER down! Go and kill the rats and invaders.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by cap28: 9:49pm On Aug 25, 2011
Sagamite:

cap28, you foool!

Stop wasting your time here. Gaddafi has given instructions to mugus like you to go out and fight the rebel rats. Quash them! Quash the lousy crusaders! Don't let them take over the great nation from (as Gaddafi likes to say) "us"!

Glory will come to Gaddafi (like Saddam) with the help of the buffoons like you going to fight and die for him. grin

why dont you take a trip to libya and repeat what you have just said in front of any libyan person  - i should have guessed that your dim brain would not be able to work out that those al qaeda gangsters actually hate people who look like you - my prayer is that you could be airlifted into benghazi and dropped off into the middle of one of those rebel camps i would personally relish the opportunity to witness you being tortured and castrated by your al qaeda heroes.

I dont expect a gibbering imbe.cile like you to understand anything about gadaffi or what he stood for because you are mentally re.tarded, i therefore wont bother trying to educate you.

Foolish apes like you would rather sheepishly follow the likes of buffoons like obj, ibb, okonjo iweala and other fraudsters who have sentenced you to a life of eternal misery and grinding poverty.

Being a natural born slave you can never and will never understand what it means to stand up for justice, equality and freedom, you have been beaten down for so long that you automatically assume your lowly position in life as a platinum plated efulefu.

Like the jibbering and subservient dunce that you are you do not even understand just how embarrasing you sound whenever you open that hole you call a mouth.  for the record you and your entire family are not fit to kiss the feet of muammar gadaffi, infact your entire lineage are not even fit to eat his sh.it.

Be gone !! you imbe.cile
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by emmatok(m): 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2011
See Nigerians supporting that tyrant called  Gaddafi.

So because  Gaddafi , gave his 6million people "free this free that " he is no more a tyrant and he should be allowed to rule forever.

The-same Libya that  Gaddafi ordered all internet connections shut down until the rebels took-over Tripoli.

Yet some people who are enjoying 42/7 internet are typing nonsense on NL.

If the-same  Gaddafi  is made a Nigerian leader today most of you will oppose him.

Because you value your freedom.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 25, 2011
@cap28

You are truly a low life!
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by mail4gift2(m): 10:02pm On Aug 25, 2011
Sagamite:

cap28, you foool!

I think you are the bigger fool here, your name sounds familiar, you must be one of those high school graduates who eats mommy thank you, have is school uniform washed by the house maid while you run around and play with your puppy. grow up you bigot, you want to know why the WEST is bombing Libya? watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNeZ75SdYYA&feature=related.

i want you to answer this questions, why did America bomb Iraq? thousands are dying in Syria as you read this and yet they have not sent one single Nato troops there to help the helpless civilians. wake up boi, its time to grow up. FOOL
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by mail4gift2(m): 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2011
all4naija:

@cap28

Please please do not wast your hard earned time with that low life scumbag with his shoe face, please move on you have better things to do, allow him to play with his puppy while their house maid prepare his meal so he can say mommy thank you after eating
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by cap28: 10:17pm On Aug 25, 2011
all4naija:

@cap28

listen you dumb ba.stard - go and look for a very steep cliff, climb right up to the top  and throw yourself off it because you are serving no useful purpose on this planet, you are one of the dumbest fu,ck.wits on this forum  that i have ever come across - and that is no mean feat.

my prayer for you is that you stay alive long enough to enjoy the coming austerity measures that your govt is about to subject you to  - pathetic house negro.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by mail4gift2(m): 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2011
cap28:

listen you dumb ba.stard - go and look for a very steep cliff, climb right up to the top  and throw yourself off it because you are serving no useful purpose on this planet, you are one of the dumbest fu,ck.wits on this forum  that i have ever come across - and that is no mean feat.

my prayer for you is that you stay alive long enough to enjoy the coming austerity measures that your govt is about to subject you to  - pathetic house negro.

MAY YOUR WHOLE GENERATION NEVER KNOW PEACE, you and your generation shall seek for peace and freedom but you will not get it.AMEN
YOUR FATHER AND GENERATION NEGRO. IDIOT
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
@Cap28 ---> rather crab 28.

Cry baby! Touché!  Hehehe!  Does it hurt!?Bwahahaha!boohoo! No austerity measures yet . Frankly, your random shiits suck!
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by mail4gift2(m): 10:25pm On Aug 25, 2011
all4naija:

@Cap28 ---> rather crab 28.

Cry baby! Touché!  Hehehe!  Does it hurt!?Bwahahaha!boohoo! No austerity measures yet . Frankly, your random shiits suck!

Boss abeg chill, you too big for this idiot, allow me make i finish am, em no reach.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Republican Lawmakers March To Senate Floor To Protest Pelosi’s Mask Mandate / Kemi Badenoch Appointed Secretary Of State For International Trade / Joe Biden Will Not Be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.