Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate (38008 Views)

Help! My Rooster Won't Crow. I'm Getting Desperate. / Are You Single or Single mother & Getting Desperate??? / The Dilemma Of The Single Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by whyMMM: 10:28am On Aug 31, 2011
op

GOD time is d best
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nayah(f): 10:30am On Aug 31, 2011
Why MMM exactly
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Egocent: 10:33am On Aug 31, 2011
If a lady is turning 40 and still unmarried, my candid advice for her is to have a baby as soon as possible. With the OPs status, she can convienently cater for her child without the support of a man.

If you keep on waiting, you migt not find a husband and you may also end up loosing out from having a child.

( An old parable says that one can either be a pauper or a witch beause to be a pauper and at the same time  a witch will be a disastrous situation)

So my dear, if the man isnt coming, get a baby before menopuase comes.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by MrCork17: 10:34am On Aug 31, 2011
Adebisi33:

I really don't know what to do.  I've just turned 40 and I'm desperate to settle down and start a family of my own.

I'm attractive, I have a masters degree, my own house, and a great career but I can't find a nice man.  I don't go to clubs and bars, and only meet white men at work, and I don't find them attractive at all. 

My aunt suggested that I go to Nigeria to find a husband.  She says there are a lot of men who would love to get a British Passport (I was born in England).  I don't want to do this, because I don't think that's a good basis for starting a relationship.

A lot of friends have suggested that I'm too fussy, but my father says that a woman should marry a man who is equal or better than her. 

All I am looking for is a man who is single, intelligent, honest and hardworking.  I worry that these kinds of men are already married, or if they are single, they want to settle down with younger women.

In case you're wondering why I didn't get married before, I've been looking for a relationship since I was 22, but no black men that I met who met my criteria (single, intelligent, honest and hardworking) were interested in me.  They all seemed to be taken.

What should I do?

Thanks

Adebisi33.  Sweeeeery. are you light skin? tongue
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by MissyB3(f): 10:36am On Aug 31, 2011
Na wa o. 40 is too old to find a man? undecided
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by whyMMM: 10:37am On Aug 31, 2011
Nayah:

Why MMM exactly

angryangry
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Somagirl(f): 10:41am On Aug 31, 2011
Some of us have high-expectations when it comes to finding a significant other and at times those expectations can be unrealistic.

There is no such thing as a perfect partner unfortunately being human means we come with far more imperfections than perfections.

Therefore , I would advise you kindly to lower your expectations now I am in no way shape or form suggesting you start dating the bin man (even bin men make great lovers) but I suggest you give more men the benefit of the doubt!

Good luck in your journey and may you find prince charming and remember age is nothing but a number. wink
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by BEDEIKE(m): 11:16am On Aug 31, 2011
Poster, i'm available, im 37 tall dark n handsome, a civil engr. n a project manager by virture of my masters degree, currently working wit a lebanese construction firm,i'm single n i guess searching too, email me @ terrytona@yahoo.com lets see how it'll be, I'm waitn
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Somagirl(f): 11:28am On Aug 31, 2011
Keep me posted @Bede LMAO would love to see how this story unfolds! wink
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by coogar: 12:29pm On Aug 31, 2011
Fickle:

I am older than the op with 2 or 3 years. I have a hubby. My first child is 19. Wow, now I have to be appreciative to God. I have cousins in the UK but you are so 40 so don't know if they would want. Put your picture on your profile, you never can tell. But at 40, hope you have not reached menopause because that is another issue entirely. Go run a test on yourself, upload your pix now and lets pray about it. Do you mind a divorcee or widow? Is Yoruba tribe convenient for you?

I see a lot of matured men here like Lord reed, high chief, coogar, ogaga, roland, buff, segamite and dave. don't know if they can accomodate your age or if they are older but they sound matured.

fickle, you are 43?
nooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy angry angry
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by sunnymimo(m): 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2011
@ op, I run a small single group here in Nigeria.I think i can help you.contact me bigniyi007@gmail.com,phone: +2348032516672.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by emmajew(m): 12:37pm On Aug 31, 2011
sorry for your loss, but there is a way out. Just find a man of ur fantasy who is already married. Then be his second wife.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by aloyemeka2: 12:42pm On Aug 31, 2011
@OP.
PRAYER IS THE KEY.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by NatGas(m): 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2011
@Poster.
Coming to Nigeria will not automatically solve the issue because that will still take some more years but if you must come then be wise not to appear desperate in any way or else you will have a very long list of guys who want to marry u but sure u will be disappointed in the end and I must say that u ve waited too long before crying out and maybe you have distant your self too long from your country and the black community in your locality.
However, I think you can still get married.relax, hope and go about your normal life normally.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by sexsinners(m): 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2011
What ever you do ,do noT COME TO 9JA TO MARRY I BEG YOU DO NOT COME TO NIGERIA TO MARRY. IGNORE ALL PROPOSAL FROM NIGERIA.
this is for you own safety and satisfaction.

go to america, go to canada, just avoid countries with high proverty rates.

u can even go to brazil to marry but becareful
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by http(m): 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2011
@ OP, you have done well for urself, all i have to say is getting married is not a do or die affair, just make it as a matter of urgency, find a guy to impregnate you, when you have a child of ur own, you will be fine. Just make sure u get pregnant ontime cos ur chances of getting a single man to marry you @ 40 is slim. have baby and take care of ur child, you will be fine doing that.

One thing i know, when someone is desperate, things never works well in that situation and age or menopause is just right the conner. Wish you Miracle in ur quest.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by corona46(f): 1:54pm On Aug 31, 2011
@poster

First of all I am a German and in the late 40s. I m divorced from a German and I have kids.

I would like to advise you followings:

dating site: I know a rather good one which is available all over the word. There I dated some good men, which means they are not scammers. But most of the men are divorced and have already kids and they don't want to get more.

I recommend you not to take a man out of Nigeria who has never been abroad. This might be a culture shock for him even due to the fact that he don't find a job and he is depending on you. Forget about marrying as a second wife, in the worst case you have to feed them too.

A marriage doesn't guarantee you that it last forever. This is valid for every nationality. In case you decided to get pregnant, you have to consider to educate your kid by yourself. This is the price for the western world.

In case you consider to be with someone who needs a Green Gard (also living in the UK cause his visa is expering), make a strong contract to avoid to get into financial desaster. It is not the worst thing to make an arrangement (green Card against kid), but the expectations from you and your bf must be clearly worked out.
I know that s not romantic, but really necessary for yourself.

Be yourself and do compromises only on those things you could live with. Remain true to yourself! Even if problems break you.

Think positive, you will find a man! Don't show that you are desperate, men know how to use this.

Just to let you know what I know what I am talking about. I m dating for a couple of months a Nigerian (2 years younger) who has already a Green Card and a job.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by puppy2k(m): 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2011
moderator please shoot this thread and nonsense topic down !!!!!!!!!!
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by badmrkt(m): 2:24pm On Aug 31, 2011
sounds kinda pathetic?, got wht it takes to put you outa ds misery, i'm available.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by mrmayor(m): 2:28pm On Aug 31, 2011
Where is the OP?
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by kizito96(m): 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2011
The good ones are not available
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 31, 2011
Hey dear,i really do understand your pain and i know how it feels coz i have and aunty who just turned 41yrs last week and she cries everyday wishing she cld get an honest man. She is rich and wealthy but her problem is that she is very arrogant to men esp those who aint her match when it cums to money coz she got so much money.
Maybe u re just like her and u chased your caareer for to long and neglected your love life. I'm rilly sorry coz right now,you might not be able to have a baby but i can assure you that you can find your love if u put your pride down and forget what people would say esp ur parents and friends.
I have so many good working friends here in Nigeria and they only problem is gonna be their age, are you willing to date someone who you are older dan?
Coz here in Nigeria,its gonna be hard for you to marry a man close to ur age or older than you unless he is widowed or divorced which dey are hard to find.
Call me lets talk more +2348136186483 or email me: columellanigeria@gmail.com
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by r231(m): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2011
for all you guys leaving your email add and phone numbers. . . . . .

why do you want dis woman to call you
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by coogar: 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2011
r231:

for all you guys leaving your email add and phone numbers. . . . . .

why do you want dis woman to call you

red is more attractive than green, don't you think?
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by shegosay: 3:02pm On Aug 31, 2011
This as being the problem of some people among the so call rich women,
they believe since they are rich they cant nver marry from a poor background.
I believe is not late,if only you will change your mind from wht you have
always be saying regarding the kind of man that you want to marry.

Whether the person is rich or not abeg marry ,or else all what you have
acquire will be a wasted effort since you dont have any child to inherit it.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Leffe2010: 3:02pm On Aug 31, 2011
my sister you still have alot of time ok my aunt got his chioce of man at 48 be patient and take ur time to search
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 31, 2011
@ Poster, Dont despair, this kind of scenario is more common than you think. Trust in God smiley
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by ZE: 3:07pm On Aug 31, 2011
most comments here are very harsh ooo.

is it because OP stated her real age?

a lot of girls in their 40s still claim 28 here

@ all hopes are not lost but you have to take a lonnnnng vacation, change your strategy and act fast.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Ivynwa(f): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2011
"
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 31, 2011
ivy darling. i sometimes confuse u with pendo cos u both like long posts. hope u are doing fine sha. cheesy
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by freshera: 3:18pm On Aug 31, 2011
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by r231(m): 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2011
Expiry Date is different from Sell By Date

60-70yr old = Expired

poster is 40yr old single lady looking for a partner/marriage = Passed her Sell By Date

only option available is FREE TRANSFER

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

She Cheated On Me Again and now she is threatening me / Man Takes Back The Kiosk He Built For His Girlfriend After They Broke Up / 5 Types Of Guys That Will Always Keep In Touch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.