Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate (37976 Views)

Help! My Rooster Won't Crow. I'm Getting Desperate. / Are You Single or Single mother & Getting Desperate??? / The Dilemma Of The Single Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Pweety4me(f): 2:39am On Aug 31, 2011
@OP Plse don't mind me ok.

Seriously tho that's a pretty long time, maybe marriage might not be meant for you, cause the reality of it is that you are OLD and in this day and age you won't find men who are single that are around your age who are not married, been married or had kids even kids have kids now. undecided

So you might want to seek elsewhere, or think of alternatives.

I mean is marriage what you really want tho?
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 2:44am On Aug 31, 2011
MAy God not let this repeat itself in anybody's life. AMEN!
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by tpia5: 2:45am On Aug 31, 2011
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by claremont(m): 2:47am On Aug 31, 2011
2buff:

MAy God not let this repeat itself in anybody's life. AMEN!
^^^
It will happen, and continue to happen. These are the perceived ill-effects of civilisation, African ladies are radically becoming "westernised".
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by coogar: 2:48am On Aug 31, 2011
Pweety4me:

I am not that smart.

Do you really want to know what it means?even tho it was a private joke!

It means i know better than to live 40 whole years of my life without finding a companion, r u satisfied now?

By d way i am only 14+ so yu might want to start talking to me with some respect.

and mercy johnson is a virgin!

Pweety4me:

I despise your guts coogshitzz

which is quite unfortunate. . . . . .
i am your biggest fan, if you drop your postal address in oshogbo, you will get a love letter from me by monday.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Pweety4me(f): 2:52am On Aug 31, 2011
I don't think you have sisters.

You bald cretin
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by seedord247(m): 2:53am On Aug 31, 2011
coogar:

and mercy johnson is a virgin!

which is quite unfortunate. . . . . .
i am your biggest fan, if you drop your postal address in oshogbo, you will get a love letter from me by monday.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Excelboi(m): 2:54am On Aug 31, 2011
he he
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by goldng: 2:55am On Aug 31, 2011
shocked sad shocked sad
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by coogar: 3:11am On Aug 31, 2011
Pweety4me:

I don't think you have sisters.
You bald cretin

don't take it personal. . . .i was just trying to twist your nippl[i]e[/i].
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Pweety4me(f): 3:14am On Aug 31, 2011
B smiley
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by soreola(f): 5:05am On Aug 31, 2011
Wow!!! People on this NL are wicked sha! ha! Only God can forgive all of una. . . telling someone that she has passed her expiry date?! Ha!

Even if it is fake, we shouldnt say such things. . .

@OP, there is absolutely nothing new under heaven, take heart, my aunt just got married last year and guess what? She was also 40, I had the mindset that where would she find a (preferably nigerian) man over the age of 40 to marry. To my surprise she did and you should see how the man was smiling pass her sef on the wedding day.

Just pray and pray and pray. Lower your expectations but at the same time don't settle for less. You have to be open to hearing from God. Take a 2 month vacation to Nigeria and when you get there just keep praying to God to reveal to you the person he has for you (don't flash your British passport o). If it isn't meant to be, then just settle down and as someone said adopt. But dont give up like that, Pray and pray hard. Things usually work best when one lets go and lets God.

I will remember you in prayers tonite. You will testify in Jesus name. God bless
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Russialane(m): 5:24am On Aug 31, 2011
look at this one ooooo cool 40years old ehen has she not expired if you were a man what would you have done, what else is left to enjoy there nonsense abi you know no say woman get expirey DATE , or you want me to show you were the expiry date dey on a woman?
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by tpia5: 6:11am On Aug 31, 2011
poster have you been celibate all this while?

just curious, not that it's my business really.

neither am i expecting a yes answer, in this day and age.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 31, 2011
This is a problem you can not solve by your self. Go to GOD.

I know a colleague who is about 35 years old and never married. She has a PhD.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Tosinville(m): 7:04am On Aug 31, 2011
The poster need to pay a gigolo to impregnate her nothing more before u eventually get to menopause & stop dreaming of husband at that old age cos spiritual husband is really tormenting ur life and it might even seal ur womb after finding a gigolo if u don't cast it out of ur life with good prophets trust me.

sereola
Your sister get married at 40? hmm! you're really good at cooking up stories but if this happens to be truth then ur sister might hv forge DOB for that man before marriage, and if this man eventually find out her real age thru her credentials or certificates then thats when you'll realize there's fire on the mountain, mark my word & that day you'll remember me.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by sexsinners(m): 8:00am On Aug 31, 2011
Tosinville:

The poster need to pay a gigolo to impregnate her nothing more before u eventually get to menopause & stop dreaming of husband at that old age cos spiritual husband is really tormenting your life and it might even seal your womb after finding a gigolo if u don't cast it out of your life with good prophets trust me.

sereola
Your sister get married at 40? hmm! you're really good at cooking up stories but if this happens to be truth then your sister might hv forge DOB for that man before marriage, and if this man eventually find out her real age thru her credentials or certificates then thats when you'll realize there's fire on the mountain, mark my word & that day you'll remember me.

leave her alone, she will kill her spiritual husband like i killed my spiritual wife.

plus i know some 40 year old women who are still on the dating having fun scene, they seem to be happy.

ppl man/women can date or marry at any age until they die, heck theres ppl in sweden getting married old,so i see her luck in marrying in the more western world.
third world countries like nigeria,india ect, may not find it appealing,but thats because they think it's okay to date a 16 year old.thts why both nigeria and indias population is so huge.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by sexsinners(m): 8:02am On Aug 31, 2011
Poster i beg you don't go to nigeria stay in your western society, they willl be more accepting of your age,since it is a modern society, compared to nigeria where it's a traditional society.

anyways good luck ,hope you find your soulmate
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by sexsinners(m): 8:04am On Aug 31, 2011
btw poster if u need a child get a donor,or adopt.
both wouldn't hurt
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nayah(f): 8:13am On Aug 31, 2011
Don't forget some people don't want to get married wink
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 31, 2011
dayokanu:

Op,

You mean for 18yrs you havent had your kongo shined? yeeh enough cobwebs for that side
dk can u help her do the cleaning and clearing of the cobwebs under her green areas? lwkmd. bros u are very in helping people shine kongos tongue
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by frala: 8:36am On Aug 31, 2011
let me offer a solution to u, just send me a mail- frala911@gmail.com
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by planetone: 8:42am On Aug 31, 2011
Adebisi33:

I really don't know what to do.  I've just turned 40 and I'm desperate to settle down and start a family of my own.

I'm attractive, I have a masters degree, my own house, and a great career but I can't find a nice man.  I don't go to clubs and bars, and only meet white men at work, and I don't find them attractive at all. 

My aunt suggested that I go to Nigeria to find a husband.  She says there are a lot of men who would love to get a British Passport (I was born in England).  I don't want to do this, because I don't think that's a good basis for starting a relationship.

A lot of friends have suggested that I'm too fussy, but my father says that a woman should marry a man who is equal or better than her. 

All I am looking for is a man who is single, intelligent, honest and hardworking.  I worry that these kinds of men are already married, or if they are single, they want to settle down with younger women.

In case you're wondering why I didn't get married before, I've been looking for a relationship since I was 22, but no black men that I met who met my criteria (single, intelligent, honest and hardworking) were interested in me.  They all seemed to be taken.

What should I do?

Thanks

i feel your pain.Write me at johnakinlosotu@yahoo.com
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by claremont(m): 8:55am On Aug 31, 2011
Boiz don hear British passport, all man don dey supply email address. Naija men no dey carry last!!!! grin grin wink
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Cuddlemii: 9:06am On Aug 31, 2011
@op

I will tell you the truth. 23 year olds in nig are finding it hard to get married let alone 40. You would only meet scammers, drillers, suckers, users & drainers. You better not come to Nigeria looking for any hubby. I have an aunt in this situation, she is in the US navy and she is 36 or so but very sexy sha and no Nigerian hubby. You better get used to loving foreign men, you are better off marrying a foreign man than remaining single all your life because men would only use you here oh. Except you want to be a second wife.

Nigerian men here are very corny, smart & desperate to hammer. You that is based in Uk would not be street wise enough to handle them. Its obvious you didn't grow up in Peckham and all those naija extension places in the UK that is like Oke arin market so you are obviously an aje butter. Naija men would just use your body, deflate you & get your money including insurance if they have to kill you. Respect yourself & get married to another color abeg. Don't allow smallish babes start insulting you to stay away from their guy that is old enough to be your son. You are better off unmarried in Uk where you can have peace of mind.

If you are a giver, its all good cos givers never lack. Come to naija and end up singlet & broke. What were you doing since till you clocked 40. Shine your eyes my dear.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 31, 2011
Adebisi33:

I really appreciate your feedback, but what part of my "single, intelligent, honest and hardworking" criteria is asking too much?  I don't want to date a married man, I have tried dating unintelligent men and it's been awful for both of us, and I don't do well with dishonest or lazy people.

I have dated non-Nigerian men.  I don't care about nationality.

My aunt was suggesting that I go to Nigeria and make an arrangement with a man who was prepared to marry me in exchange for getting a British passport.  I felt really uncomfortable about that.  It felt like "buying" or "bribing" a husband.

As I know close to a dozen relationships featuring imported Nigerian husbands which ended up as train wrecks, I would be prepared to go out on limb to say nothing good will come out of your aunt's advice.
There are not many Nigerian men who would be prepared to subject themselves to the acculturation process you, no doubt, envisage.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 31, 2011
Tosinville:

Adebisi33
Look madam, i won't lie to you here, my word might look ridiculous but your problem is spiritual husband and u need CCC or Mountain of fire for deliverance trust me.

Spiritual problem, eh? grin

Not according to Emmanuel Sarpong Owusu-Ansah (The Reasons so Many African Women Abroad are Single), who cities more earthly concerns:
- Perceived shortage of decent men in the West
- Tribalism/Ethnocentrism
- Spending Prime years pursuing educational and Career goals
- Unnecessary church rules/codes
- Misconception about educated African women
- The Desire to marry wealthy men or men with legal status
- Unwillingness on the part of some men to be burdened with financial responsibilities
- Poor choices (Ignoring or paying less attention to the right men
- Other past mistakes
- Desire to remain single

Read more http://africanspotlight.com/2011/06/african-women-abroad-seriously-seeking-husbands
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by ddippset(m): 9:45am On Aug 31, 2011
Wow! Must be some big old p*ssy.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Profadesanya: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2011
I'ld suggest u upload ur pics and text ur number so that any serious man for ur request can reach u.gud luck.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Fickle(f): 10:19am On Aug 31, 2011
I am older than the op with 2 or 3 years. I have a hubby. My first child is 19. Wow, now I have to be appreciative to God. I have cousins in the UK but you are so 40 so don't know if they would want. Put your picture on your profile, you never can tell. But at 40, hope you have not reached menopause because that is another issue entirely. Go run a test on yourself, upload your pix now and lets pray about it. Do you mind a divorcee or widow? Is Yoruba tribe convenient for you?

I see a lot of matured men here like Lord reed, high chief, coogar, ogaga, roland, buff, segamite and dave. don't know if they can accomodate your age or if they are older but they sound matured.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Alorauk(m): 10:27am On Aug 31, 2011
I live in the uk and i can honestly tell you its not easy to get married these days, lots of men are afraid of responsibility and more so the favourable UK Laws for women, if you wouldnt mind, i am happily married but i still have some single friends around me, honestly you might have to compromise on some of your standards.
email me ur bb pin or number @ alorasea@hotmail.co.uk and lets see what happen, you never know,
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by ogunsam75(m): 10:28am On Aug 31, 2011
@poster, send ur pictures to ogunsam75@yahoo.com, i will hook u up with my uncle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Binyavanga Wainaina Proposes To His Nigerian Gay Partner, Set To Wed - Pictures / How Do I Settle This Without Coming Off As Weak / My Aunt Married At 39

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.