Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate (37955 Views)

Help! My Rooster Won't Crow. I'm Getting Desperate. / Are You Single or Single mother & Getting Desperate??? / The Dilemma Of The Single Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by r231(m): 11:42pm On Aug 31, 2011
akinsdeji:

Dear Adebisi,there is nothing new under the sun,but people might think this is a stage story or other wise,a debate,for the whole house to share thier own point and views, anyway you can contact me on johndeji@live.com my brother is about 41yrs old and he is looking for a serious lady for a fruitful relationship that will lead to marriage.he has master degree as well,maybe you guys can break the jinx,wish you well

manalejo:

Adebisi33

After reading your thread and comments/advices given so far. I think you are serious and will like to discuss more with you privately. Can you contact me on manalejo1970@yahoo.com .

I will expect your mail. Thanks

madam president:

@ poster,if u are really who u claim to be,send me a mail @ lindylackluv@yahoo.com.I might be able to help

sexsinners:

embarassed embarassed embarassed your welcome God bless you

419 Group of Company
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by blank(f): 12:16am On Sep 01, 2011
I just want to add that u shld forget all these bad belle people. I have a cousin who is getting married @ 41 to a single, never been married b4 guy and she is in d US. Don't give up hope, anything can still happen.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Kunbee: 12:22am On Sep 01, 2011
@op goodluck
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Pweety4me(f): 1:20am On Sep 01, 2011
Hmm some very insightful and educative responses up there. . .@op wish you well, hope you find what you seek and all things turn out well, cherio!
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by kandiikane(m): 2:19am On Sep 01, 2011
@OP, my aunty(beautiful, hardworking single mother) found a very nice man on a dating site. I have met him(hard working, divorced with two children) and he is a very lovely man(Nigerian).

She met him on E harmony.co.uk you should try there. smiley
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by samtoye(m): 3:39am On Sep 01, 2011
Dont tell me you are virgin too? Sorry what has kept you from marrying in 18 years would stop you from getting for another 18 years of you are not careful! In fact it is hard to judge the sincerity of this post!
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by sexsinners(m): 4:50am On Sep 01, 2011
r231:

419 Group of Company

u wish you demon worker.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Pafuri(m): 5:43am On Sep 01, 2011
Interesting!
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by akeem077: 9:22am On Sep 01, 2011
Can we see your pics, to know who we are really talking to right now?Everyone will appreciate if you can do that to boost your chance of getting someone.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by AVISENNA: 9:58am On Sep 01, 2011
I know a lady in my church , she's getting married this month and guess what she is 40rty something. I encourage you not to do anything out of desperation, keep an open mind, pray to God don't rule out the possibility of meeting
a Nigerian or black man who would want to get married to you .I really don't understand why you don't find white men attractive.
Tread cautiously but go the whole nine yards, and like your aunt said you could get a Nigerian man within you age bracket who is hard working and i somecases he could be younger . I would like to know you but for friendship sake , i am in my mid thirties , in a complicated relationship but i know i(we) 'll get back up . I have friends who might just like you but i am not making any promises to play safe, put the Bristish passport thingy , hush hush .k

mail;travelmek@yahoo.com
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by claremont(m): 9:59am On Sep 01, 2011
This is getting more and more hilarious! cheesy grin grin
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by AVISENNA: 10:02am On Sep 01, 2011
On the second thought please don't bother sending mail. I didn't read earlier responses from people on nairaland. everybody seems to know someone. All the best
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Bowie11(m): 10:44am On Sep 01, 2011
Will want to relate with you. I am on: bowiehertzgroup@yahoo.com and/or +234-815-6798266.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Vicjustice: 10:53am On Sep 01, 2011
Adebisi33:

I really don't know what to do.  I've just turned 40 and I'm desperate to settle down and start a family of my own.

I'm attractive, I have a masters degree, my own house, and a great career but I can't find a nice man.  I don't go to clubs and bars, and only meet white men at work, and I don't find them attractive at all. 

My aunt suggested that I go to Nigeria to find a husband.  She says there are a lot of men who would love to get a British Passport (I was born in England).  I don't want to do this, because I don't think that's a good basis for starting a relationship.

A lot of friends have suggested that I'm too fussy, but my father says that a woman should marry a man who is equal or better than her. 

All I am looking for is a man who is single, intelligent, honest and hardworking.  I worry that these kinds of men are already married, or if they are single, they want to settle down with younger women.

In case you're wondering why I didn't get married before, I've been looking for a relationship since I was 22, but no black men that I met who met my criteria (single, intelligent, honest and hardworking) were interested in me.  They all seemed to be taken.

What should I do?

Thanks
   Have you considered using Bebeye Dating Website at www.bebeye.com? There are lots of Nigerian men and women in there and better still, it is 100% free to use. Goodluck
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 01, 2011
Adebisi33 if you come back to this thread . mayb you will like my friend he is 45 never married, single, sucessful and ready to settle.drop your mail if you likey.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by kpolli(m): 12:54pm On Sep 01, 2011
When she is ready to help us get [size=40pt]GREEN CARD[/size], we wud take her seriously n propose
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by chimuanya1: 1:34pm On Sep 01, 2011
Bisi, this is the kind of situations most ladies put themselves into just because they were not being sensitive as regards what they wanted in a man.
I am quite ok with your achievements sounds as if you know what you want.but i must tell you that in relationships it is quite a different ball game with different turfs and arena.
As a woman you must recognize that the man is the head of the home and as such you must submit to him irrespective of the circumstances whether you are more educated,richer e.t.c than him.
And in the case of the Godly man he will love you just as Jesus loves the church and he will treasure,cherish and respect you as a woman.
  I am a Nigerian and also would love to get to know you better if you don't mind.and besides there are men younger than your age that will love to marry you.all they want is that you will be submissive and also make sure that the union works.
I'll will be very glad to know you better if you dont mind.Thanks.you can get in touch with me on my e-mail at samuelnewton2000@yahoo.co.uk .i will be very glad to read from you.lets take it from there and see how its goes.
   God bless.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by r231(m): 1:35pm On Sep 01, 2011
sexsinners:

u wish you demon worker.

takes one to know one grin grin
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by eherbal(m): 1:49pm On Sep 01, 2011
cooltake me, !goldalms@mail.com
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by HISchild: 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2011
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by fredrick3: 4:34pm On Sep 01, 2011
anyway,am a guy,fair in complexion a graduate of chem.base in abuja nigeria.looking for a job and a wife of any age say 42yrs below of any country.am hornest and worthy of trust.am also very interesting.am 33yrs.my contact is +2347038056561.antonio14fred@yahoo.co.uk my name is fredrick
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Hoodrat(m): 4:35pm On Sep 01, 2011
Some rude boys don dey bomb the thread with dating format wink
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by strongguy(m): 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2011
hello poser if u are real
u don dull your winkself sis.just put up your email and you find some interesting nigerian singles to hang on with
bye
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by tpia5: 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2011
of any country

with entry to somewhere.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 01, 2011
I think the mistake she made was to shut out other races; and two, I think her relatives mis-advised her. Why would they advise her to do a "husband-search" in Nigeria? Look at the all the replies she got from the clique of men she was supposedly advised to marry from. A human being labeled with a "D[/i]ate of Expiry" sign like a product in the market? Seriously? And she thinks she's missing much by not being married to these soulless fellows?

If I were in her shoes, I'd get baby (or two) or I would start dating the very men I've shut out; i.e. [i]White Men
. Yes. . . .I said it - WHITE BOYS!

I'd also advise her to avoid the fellows on here who are offering her their email and phone contacts. They've just been inspired by the words "British Passport".
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by ZE: 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2011
Good Girl:

I think the mistake she made was to shut out other races; and two, I think her relatives mis-advised her. Why would they advise her to do a "husband-search" in Nigeria? Look at the all the replies she got from the clique of men she was supposedly advised to marry from. A human being labeled with a "Date of Expiry" sign like a product in the market? Seriously? And she thinks she's missing much by not being married to these soulless fellows?

If I were in her shoes, I'd get baby (or two) or I would start dating the very men I've shut out; i.e. White Men. Yes. . . .I said it - WHITE BOYS!

I'd also advise her to avoid the fellows in here who are giving her email and phone contacts. "
.[/b]

@ the bolded

the OP is looking for a black man for marriage. you people should not discourage her. her happiness is very important at the long run.

most  of these white guys that eat only carrot and cabbage: was told their prik no de sweet. She would have tested both b4 making up her mind. i beg make una leave her alone.

please come to Naija. Guys full ground.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2011
ZE:

@ the bolded

the OP is looking for a black man for marriage. you people should not discourage her. her happiness is very important at the long run.

most of these white guys that eat only carrot and cabbage: was told their prik no de sweet. She would have tested both b4 making up her mind. i beg make una leave her alone.

please come to Naija. Guys full ground.

Her happiness cannot be pegged on her marrying a Nigerian. That is probably the mistake she's been making over the years and I will [/i]discourage her. Just glance at what the males on this forum have been typing about her. Do you seriously think they are capable of making ANYBODY happy, let alone the OP? Just be honest with yourself! Can any form of happiness emanate from those venom-speaking men who just lash out at a woman for the simple reason that she's 40 and unmarried (like she chose to be in that situation in the first place)?

ZE, about white guys not having "sweet priks" as you've put it; do not underestimate your opponent. I've also heard that the white boys have their own strengths in the art of love-making. I repeat, I've heard. They are not as lousy as you'd want to believe. It's all in your head. There are many things which give pleasure to a woman beyond "priks" and the white boys do not hesitate to explore those options. That [i]Black Men are Good in Bed
saying should not get into your head; it's a myth that fellas need to stop spreading because it inflates the egos of the lousy lays.

I still insist that the lady should try out dating other races or other African nationalities. She should avoid jerks.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by seo2k4(m): 8:54pm On Sep 01, 2011
Dear let me tell u the simple but only the truth about human life, u say u are 40 and single, remember at 40 as a woman u have almost spent all ur truthful age. do u know that in some individual, menopause starts from 40 to 45 and u are 40 now still looking for single, intelligent, honest and hardworking man. lets for example fix ur self in the shews of men that have those qualities, will u go for a woman of 40? Ans? Good, now what i advice u to do is to come back to Nigeria as u have all it takes to enjoy ur life, hook up with one humble, good looking but very poor guy, as they are plenty in Niger Looking out for a person like u. brush him, take him to Uk or establish him in Niger and stay with him as u have made it in life. with ur money u can by poor ones over and leave happily with them as those with ur teste are looking out for younger one. bye

1 Like

Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 01, 2011
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 01, 2011
The more reason I still think she should date outside of Nigeria and look for a date in a place where men are more human. Not a place where she'll be mocked for being an "expired good".

The posts which keep coming just give me more reason to believe that she should AVOID Nigeria at all costs.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 01, 2011
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2011
And you are sure it's her yanga that is responsible for it?

I ask this because I know several single mature women (+35) who are just single because they've not met their [i]compatible [/i]partners. They are just nice, homely lovely ladies that have not been lucky to be involved in mutually enriching relationships. If anything the ones with shakara are the ones happily married in their homes. So you see, you cannot always blame it on the shakara. In fact in some cases, too much niceness is to blame.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Two Nairalanders Set To Wed. / Kenyan Pastor Slams Viral Couple Who Wedded In T-shirts / When She Must Date A Man Who Owns A Ride (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.