Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,145 members, 7,829,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture (86127 Views)

I’m Thinking Of Getting Married Because Of Sex, Says Juliana Olayode / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by kunkelhanspeter(m): 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
Wow you like better thing oh bros
Na this king boobs I dey like 👍
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by CodeTemplar: 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
She right. Your babe is experienced in igboro matters.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:
Thank Goodness I wasn't raised by religious parents.

Anyways, the only advice I can give you is that you should follow your heart.

Marry who you love and not who your mother loves because you may end up being unhappy for the rest of your life in the name of making mama happy.

I'm sure your grandparents also warned her about your father, but she still chose to be with him.

She will be upset at first, but she'll eventually come around because she's your mother and she loves you, but if you want to break up with the love of your life because of mama, then the ball is in your court... Good luck.
thrash... his mom is right
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by kolamilan(m): 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2023
Her ass go black oo. She gallant for front sha tongueundecided

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by kaludestiny10(m): 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2023
You don talk am finish. Nothing dey to add again.
Nonexisting1:
Your mother saw more than the bum short, she is only using it as an excuse. Listen to the advice of your mother, she can never go wrong on this one because she is of the same gender. It's true that the world is changing but a Nigerian girl that wears that bum short comfortably in public is likely a coded runsgirl. If she is not, a good offer hasn't come her way yet. If you think your mother is wrong, pay a private investigator to follow your girlfriend for just one week to prove her wrong.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by zumbigbo(m): 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
peepydelano:
Your mum is right , she doesn’t want you to bring whores into her home.

Na your type dey burn pikin and say witch

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Glowqueen3(f): 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hmmmn,Dear Op l would advice you try to know who your fiancee really is,anyone who sees this your fiancee and this her dressing will consider her a harlot,A good and well bought up girl will not be comfortable wearing bumshot in public,she can only wear it at home with you so to me l think She is not showing a good image of herself.If you set up this your said fiancee and try to test her am very sure She will fail your test,trust me am a lady too.
Please do your findings and do not be blinded by love because it's obvious you are in love with her.Ire ooo

7 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by zumbigbo(m): 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
Time to be a man. You see the very religious types live in their own mental prison.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by OlawaleBammie: 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.
U better get sense before it's too late...
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by tranxo(m): 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.
She did her best to raise you well no doubt, but if you saw nothing wrong with your woman dressing like that in public, you learnt VERY little.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by emynike2001(m): 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.
Brother, your mum is right, she knows what is right for you. She doesn't want you to make a serious mistake. And mind you, you still have to pray seriously against the spirit of divorce and separation. Your mum experienced it, break free from it else you may see it playing out in your life after. From statistics most parents who suffer broken homes will most times find their children in the same shoes like that of their parents. Divorse It's an evil monster
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
The same woman who's husband left her? Lol.. Okay... grin grin grin
silvermania:
thrash... his mom is right
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by tranxo(m): 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Spiritual son, e be like say u don chop ooo.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by GodisFirst: 8:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
Better listen to your mum.
There is more she may be seeing that this. Just meet her in confidence and ask her for more explanation.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Kholiwe(f): 8:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
jahsharon:

So, your Fiancee dresses like a prostitute once in a while, how are we sure that she doesn't actually sell her body once in a while? Only prostitutes wear such nonsense in the public. You are a disgrace to your mother. May God continue to bless your mother, a scarce virtuous woman.
By their post you shall know their level of stupidity. All these foolish mummy boys are the worst.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Cutehector(m): 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
Lmao.. Your mum is right. .

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by DOM7: 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
What an old woman see sitting down even a young man climb mount Kilimanjaro will not see! Your mother have much to tell that your ear cannot carry so for your health and peace she just hang on the boom short, but is beyond that.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by toyinsalammy(f): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
Truth be told, she is irresponsibly dressed here.

Ensure she is as good as you claim.before putting a ring on it to avoid issues later in your marriage.

Sometimes, our dressing is just a statement of who we are on the inside.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Kholiwe(f): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
Oddfinder012:

Wat is wrong with an 'su' gown in public?
My babe wit her big baka and fresh laps can't try dis rubbish in public. Talk more of a wife to be. Make una de get sense o. We're Africans
If by Africans you mean foolish, senseless, hypocritical, dull and backwards like you then yes.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Kholiwe(f): 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
toyinsalammy:
Truth be told, she is irresponsibly dressed here.

Ensure she is as good as you claim.before putting a ring on it to avoid issues later in your marriage.

Sometimes, our dressing is just a statement of who we are on the inside.
How the feck is bum short an irresponsible dressing? Are you people mad or something 😂😂

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Kwem(m): 8:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ishilove:
Different day, different stories.

This kain shokoto in a very public sef, na wa. When no be beach she dey. undecided

Our Nigerian society is not yet ripe for this kind of 'liberal' dressing. grin

OP, I can't tell you what to do. Use your tongue to count your teeth

Am sure siofra will not have different opinion on this.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Kholiwe(f): 8:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
DOM7:
What an old woman see sitting down even a young man climb mount Kilimanjaro will not see! Your mother have much to tell that your ear cannot carry so for your health and peace she just hang on the boom short, but is beyond that.
Keep quiet. Even foolish people grow Old. Old people don't see anything.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by PrincessofDSS(f): 8:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
advanceDNA:

Let me take a wild guess...i hope she doesnt use ankle chain too? Cos the two are like 5 and 6 with babes these days

A girl that wear something close to pant in public place can be a "fantastic wife" ....but ur mama understands a thing or two about risk assessment...

What are you saying? You ended up confusing us
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by PrincessofDSS(f): 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
Cutehector:
Lmao.. Your mum is right. .

What was that for; You son of a bitch?

Damn your god forsaken self and put down my pics
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:
The same woman who's husband left her? Lol.. Okay... grin grin grin
you look sweet though and fuckcious

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by harmyd007: 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
This may be hard to understand now because when you love a person, you ignore a lot of things, but trust me, parents are hardly wrong when it comes to matters of the heart.

Pray about it and see if you can heed your mother’s advice.

If you’re absolutely sure, take the risk; what's the worst that can happen aside from being sent to therapy or getting divorced?

What do i know sha
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by seanery: 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
Oga, she be Ashawo..; dressing that way

Zikonna:

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by chccho(m): 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

There's no big deal here.
As a man u should be able to mediate issues.
Even though your mum is very precious to u, remember u want marry your mum. The Bible says "a man will leave his parents and cleave to woman" so u NEED TO MAN UP!!!
I personally don't see what's wrong with what your boo is wearing but it's just a stereotype and an primitive way of thinking for people to be judgemental about bum shorts.
U need to appeal to your mum and convince her if u truly have confidence in this lady u intend to marry. I see no big deal here

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by phemmyfour: 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

A terrible way to go n meet your future inlaw. She dresses poorly
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by seanery: 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
U be idiot

Kholiwe:

If by Africans you mean foolish, senseless, hypocritical, dull and backwards like you then yes.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by seanery: 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
U be idiot

Kholiwe:

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by pleasureosondu(m): 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Sorry o but you're big fool. I really don't care if I get banned. You really think that girl would think twice if her dad tells her to dump your azz if you look irresponsible to him? Your mama is a decent woman and needs a decent daughter in-law but you gave her a LovePeddler and you even get mind to wan challenge her because of a girl wen her own parents no get standard morals? Again, you're a fool. Dress improperly as a guy and if her parents accepts you, y'all are classic fools. Jezzz, my sis know I'd kill her if she dresses like this in the house, talk more of going out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Girls Are Bad Kissers / Six Joints Where Teenage Sex Workers Woo Men With Charms In Delta Uncovered / The Way A Guy Stylishly Touched This Lady In Public Has Caused Online Argument

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.