Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State (51595 Views)

The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State / POLLS: Ijaws Table Jonathan’s Re-election Before Amasiekumor Deity -(PIC) / CAN President, Oritsejafor, Admits Ownership Of Cash-stacked Jet Seized In S.Afr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by PhysicsQED(m): 6:08pm On Oct 01, 2011
Chyz*:

Just for out that "poto-poto" is also on the link I posted and it is under Yoruba and it means mud/muddy. Its the same thing in Igbo. Both yoruba and Igbo are from the same language group so this strengthens the are argument more,even though its not really an argument,lol, and totally pulls the chair from under you damn ijaw claim of the word. Ijaw is not related to any southern nigeria language. Now how did that happen?   cheesy

http://abitabout.com/List+of+African+words+in+Jamaican+Patois

This is unrelated to your point, but it should be noted that this German map does not look accurate with regard to the Edo and Delta state areas.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 6:09pm On Oct 01, 2011
Nsogbu nu nkpa ke Ikwere karilam. . but whatever, Killayut should stop being so desperate to prove his non-Igbo heritage; even to the point of lying.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 6:27pm On Oct 01, 2011
PhysicsQED:

This is unrelated to your point, but it should be noted that this German map does not look accurate with regard to the Edo and Delta state areas.

Doesn't concern you my dude. Thanks wink
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 6:37pm On Oct 01, 2011
killayut:

IN KALABARI POTO POTO does not mean MUD, poto poto simply mean any material that is soft and watery or moist . It defines the form of MUD and MUD IN kalabari is LIKA, OR LEEKA, the form of LEEKA IS POTO POTO, a soft sexy succulent woman in KALABARI is said to have POTO POTO body, watery EBA food is said to have become poto poto, POTO POTO is a quality of material, Igbos borrowed it and miss use it,

If the bolded is the case then I guess you now now how to speak fluent Igbo. What is the Igbo word(s) for " any material that is soft and watery or moist"?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2011
Quote from: killayut on Today at 06:10:38 AM
IN KALABARI POTO POTO does not mean MUD, poto poto simply mean any material that is soft and watery or moist . It defines the form of MUD and MUD IN kalabari is LIKA, OR LEEKA, the form of LEEKA IS POTO POTO, a soft sexy succulent woman in KALABARI is said to have POTO POTO body, watery EBA food is said to have become poto poto, POTO POTO is a quality of material, Igbos borrowed it and miss use it,

Sorry Chyz but this one is too easy, POTO,POTO in Igbo mean the same thing as in KALABARI. grin grin
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Sorry Chyz but this one is too easy, POTO,POTO in Igbo mean the same thing as in KALABARI. grin grin

grin
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 1:18am On Oct 02, 2011
All these major tribes think they have not borrowed nothing from their neighboring smaller tribes, I met an ONDO state man who told me A WIFE or My wife in his ONDO dialect is Eta or ITAH, ( may got the spelling wrong ) He said it is not Iyawo , I never argued but wondered how come an ONDO Yoruba tribe would have that word similar to EASTERN IJAW word for wife ? Eta ( ITAH ) meaning my wife, APPARENTLY some yoruba groups neighboring Ijaw communities may have borrowed words from the Ijaws. WHAT about Iroh ( to tell lies } in Eastern Ijaw IRO means to tell lies, Iro-nye or Iro-ye mean a LIE while Iro-bo mean who tell Lies, That was borrowed too from Ijaw, Consider this, in Yoruba proper BAJE means spoilt or bad, what then is the difference between Si or Shi and BAJE in yoruba ? cos Omo shi or Omo si mean spoilt being . SHI or SI is a proper Ijaw word, and it means spoilt the same word SHI or SI is also pronounced as Sei, a word borrowed by Yorubas. What about Suun or Suuhn ? This is a word mostly used in Lagos meaning shift or move forward ( suun mu ) in EASTERN IJAW, suuhn mean to elongate or to lenghten or straighten, to YE suuhn ma means to straighten an object then to suuhn ma mu means to shift forward a bit or move forward a bit, and that is pure eastern Ijaw borrowed by Yoruba. What about FEH, in EASTERN IJAW, to YE FEH means to buy, Mu ye feh ( go and buy some thing ) borrowed by Yoruba kilo feh ( what do you want to buy ), There are hundreds of Ijaw words borrowed by Yoruba,
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 1:28am On Oct 02, 2011
I think ijaws are the ones borrowing words from yoruba, not the other way round.

Also, i dont know of any yoruba dialect that calls wife eta or something like that.

Will look it up but i suspect the word you're trying to describe here might be aya- some areas use that as a shortened form of iyawo.

I'm not too sure If maybe you're referring to  ikale dialect however- where was the person giving you this information from.

All the other words you mentioned (mainly negative i noticed), could be loan words from yoruba brought to you by your western ijaw cousins.

The iyawo stuff in particular has occasionally been a sore point between western ijaws and your yoruba neighbours as some of you might know. Wars have been fought over this matter of yoruba wives.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 1:30am On Oct 02, 2011
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 02, 2011
Tpia  I think ijaws are the ones borrowing words from yoruba, not the other way round.

Also, i dont know of any yoruba dialect that calls wife eta or something like that.

Will look it up but i suspect the word you're trying to describe here might be aya- some areas use that as a shortened form of iyawo.

I'm not too sure If maybe you're referring to  ikale dialect however- where was the person giving you this information from.

All the other words you mentioned (mainly negative i noticed), could be loan words from yoruba brought to you by your western ijaw cousins.

The iyawo stuff in particular has occasionally been a sore point between eastern ijaws and your yoruba neighbours as some of you might know. Wars have been fought over this matter of yoruba wives.

AYA  is  mother  in Ijaw, infact AYA  means motherhood  hence to marry a woman is to Ere Iya and then AYA means mother AYABA pronounced  AYAH-BA   is  Mother in Kalabari-Ijaw.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 1:43am On Oct 02, 2011
Aya is wife in parts of yorubaland.

Iyawo is wife in yoruba.

Ayaba means wife of the king.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 1:43am On Oct 02, 2011
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 1:55am On Oct 02, 2011
killayut:

All these  major  tribes  think they have not borrowed  nothing from their neighboring smaller   tribes,  I met an ONDO  state man  who told me A WIFE  or  My wife  in his ONDO  dialect   is  Eta  or  ITAH, (  may got the spelling wrong )  He said  it is not Iyawo   ,  I never argued  but wondered how come  an ONDO  Yoruba tribe would have that word similar to EASTERN IJAW  word for wife ?  Eta  (  ITAH )   meaning  my wife, APPARENTLY   some yoruba groups  neighboring Ijaw communities  may have borrowed  words from the Ijaws.   WHAT about  Iroh (     to tell  lies  }  in Eastern  Ijaw   IRO  means  to tell lies,  Iro-nye   or  Iro-ye  mean a LIE  while  Iro-bo  mean who tell Lies,  That was  borrowed  too  from Ijaw,  Consider  this,  in Yoruba  proper   BAJE   means  spoilt   or  bad,  what then is the difference  between Si  or Shi  and BAJE  in yoruba ? cos  Omo shi   or  Omo si  mean spoilt  being  . SHI  or SI  is a proper  Ijaw  word,   and it means  spoilt the same word  SHI or SI is also pronounced as  Sei,  a word  borrowed  by Yorubas.   What  about  Suun  or  Suuhn  ?  This is a word  mostly used in Lagos  meaning  shift  or move  forward  (  suun mu )   in EASTERN IJAW,  suuhn   mean to  elongate  or  to lenghten  or  straighten,   to  YE  suuhn ma  means  to  straighten an object  then   to  suuhn ma mu   means  to  shift  forward  a bit  or  move  forward a bit,  and that is  pure eastern Ijaw  borrowed  by Yoruba.  What  about FEH,  in EASTERN IJAW,   to  YE  FEH  means to buy,  Mu ye feh   (  go and  buy some thing )   borrowed  by Yoruba  kilo  feh (  what do you want to buy ),  There  are hundreds  of Ijaw words  borrowed  by Yoruba,

sure Nigerian culture are mixed even to words but I can't think of a yoruba word borrowed from Ijaws

None of those words were borrowed from Ijaws. Infact it is the other way around

suun/suuhn si ebe means shift and it has been used not only by aworis of lagos but even to Okun people of kogi

Itah/ eta can mean story/ chronicles. About the Ondo thing of wife being itah/eta is proberly a mistake

wife can mean iyawo/ Aya

also yoruba say iyawo mi atata  which is probably what u heard and could not say it well neither could u spell it.

IF IRO MEANS LIES IN IJAW WHETHER EAST OR WEST THEN I CAN TELL YOU THAT IJAWS ARE YORUBAS AND NOT THE OTHERWAY AROUND grin grin That I can be sure of wink and no kill me because i said it and also i am not claiming.  cool

Spoilt child mean various things in yoruba

1. Omo e baje ;;;;which u said correctly

2. Omo o[b]shi[/b];;;;;rubbish child

3. Most lagosian ie egun and awori people use Omo e ti yo idin ;;;;which mean the same thing

also Kolo fe/feh is "what do you want" not buy

Killayut maybe some word were borrowed from the ijaws. I can never tell since I was not born 1000thousand year ago or so but all this words you are using are used by yorubas from Kwara, togo, benin, kogi,

some of this words are even used by brazilains and kiro people of serri leano. This are groups that call themselves yorubas and I am sure have not have serious interactions with the ijaws to the extent that they borrowed these words from ijaw people.

I really think you should go ask your parents or elders to tell you the truth and beg them to stop brain washing you with lies. my candid advice for you as a friend and i am such you would appreciate it for life.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 2:05am On Oct 02, 2011
Killayut those words like padi, mi , kilo she le, etc are actually yoruba words that krio people of serri leano use and they say they are related to yoruba

examples of Krio pigin are. (Pigin english originated from there) and these words did not origniate from Ijaws

bɔku (bohku) many, very much (< French beaucoup)

padi friend

waka walk

Wowoh Ugly

Rubbish botobata

Example of there sentences are

Ku[b]she[/b]. - "Hello." notic

yorubas use kilo she le

Kusheh Hello, Hi

some yorubas use K[b]i/u[/b] she le/h or can be kisheh (when joined)

Now go read about krio yoruba people and heritage
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 2:16am On Oct 02, 2011
killayut:

AYA  is  mother  in Ijaw,  infact AYA  means motherhood  hence to marry a woman is to Ere Iya and then AYA means mother AYABA pronounced  AYAH-BA   is  Mother in Kalabari-Ijaw.  

Sorry bruh, mother in Ijaw proper is Yegi, nothing like Aya so stop lying. You are trying so hard to claim another group's language. Ayaba in kalabari means "mother of Aya"(you know this!). Why do you keep lying son,lol?. . .Dude, you can't keep living your life like this, man! smh.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 2:21am On Oct 02, 2011
Each of the 250 or more ethnic groups in Nigeria can converse in this language, though they usually have their own additional words.[b] For example, the Yorùbás use the words Şe and Abi when speaking Pidgin. These are often used at the start or end of an intonated sentence or question. For example, "You are coming, right?" becomes Şe you dey come? or You dey come abi? Another example, the Igbos added the word, Nna also used at the beginning of some sentences to add effect. For example, man! that test was hard becomes Nna, that test hard no be small.
Nigerian Pidgin also varies from place to place. Dialects of Nigerian Pidgin may include the Warri, Sapele, Benin, Port-Harcourt, Lagos especially in Ajegunle, Onitsha varieties.
Nigerian Pidgin is most widely spoken in the oil rich Niger-Delta where most of its population speak it as their first language.
[/b] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Pidgin

language history of krio or creole people by Kiro professor[b]s[/b] in freetown

http://etd.ohiolink.edu/send-pdf.cgi/Fyle%20Margaret%20Sophia.pdf?osu1243356678

Now you want to tell me

1. Kiro people too borrowed those words even though pidgin english originated from them or at least originated from hawaii beofre getting to them and then Nigeria ?

2. Do u want to tell me that brazilians too borrowed words from Ijaws ?

3. Are kiro people to ijaws now since you share words with them and the yorubas ?

4. Words that clearly did not and was never part of ijaw words are now Ijaw words by killayut, so are you going to tell us how those words traveled to kwara, benin, togo, serri leano of all this are all pro-yoruba or yoruba groups groups ?

5. Killayut, Have you thought of the possiblilty that may be those ijaw words you think is Orignial Ijaw words MAY HAVE ORIGINATED FROM IGBO AND YORUBA WORDS ? Just the possiblity.

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 3:11am On Oct 02, 2011
ALJ HAREM said Each of the 250 or more ethnic groups in Nigeria can converse in this language, though they usually have their own additional words. For example, the Yorùbás use the words Şe and Abi when speaking Pidgin. These are often used at the start or end of an intonated sentence or question. For example, "You are coming, right?" becomes Şe you dey come? or You dey come abi? Another example, the Igbos added the word, Nna also used at the beginning of some sentences to add effect. For example, man! that test was hard becomes Nna, that test hard no be small.
Nigerian Pidgin also varies from place to place. Dialects of Nigerian Pidgin may include the Warri, Sapele, Benin, Port-Harcourt, Lagos especially in Ajegunle, Onitsha varieties.
Nigerian Pidgin is most widely spoken in the oil rich Niger-Delta where most of its population speak it as their first language.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Pidgin

language history of krio or creole people by Kiro professors in freetown

http://etd.ohiolink.edu/send-pdf.cgi/Fyle%20Margaret%20Sophia.pdf?osu1243356678

Now you want to tell me

1. Kiro people too borrowed those words even though pidgin english originated from them or at least originated from hawaii beofre getting to them and then Nigeria ?

2. Do u want to tell me that brazilians too borrowed words from Ijaws ?

3. Are kiro people to ijaws now since you share words with them and the yorubas ?

4. Words that clearly did not and was never part of ijaw words are now Ijaw words by killayut, so are you going to tell us how those words traveled to kwara, benin, togo, serri leano of all this are all pro-yoruba or yoruba groups groups ?

5. Killayut, Have you thought of the possiblilty that may be those ijaw words you think is Orignial Ijaw words MAY HAVE ORIGINATED FROM IGBO AND YORUBA WORDS ? Just the possiblity.

You be proper Kanuri man, Brazilians speak Portuguese and not english pidgin, KRIO is wrong way of saying CREOLE and Creole did not start from Sierra Leone, Sierr Leonians say Poto poto, wor wor, BO and they are all Ijaw words, There is no word in Pidgin that has Sierra Leonian dialect, The British and French first came to the Bight of Bonny, use your head, WHEN they met the Niger Delta people they never used sign language for ever, The Western Cameroun and Niger Delta was where Pidgin started and thats why PIDGIN is a mixture of French and English words, ATLEAST the original first pidgin english, When I was a kid, we said Bo and not Jor, Leave me bo ( and not leave me jor ) I must admit a lot of Yoruba words have gotten in to pidgin recently like shebi, jor, OGA, and quite a lot more . These words were never part of pidgin at least I know that very well and this should not be argued . Sierra Leone came to being when slavery was abolished and it was the abolition of slavery that took pidgin speaking slaves to Sierra Leone, The pidgin speaking slaves were slaves from Niger Delta who were rescued from slave ships, The frreed slaves were not slaves from the mainland AMERICA but slaves freed from ships, before abolition of slavery pidgin has started, PIDGIN started as a language spoken by the illiterate Niger Delta chiefs to their British trade partners, mind you slave trade was not the first trade. ,

Hawaian pidgin, Papuan pidgin are not the same with our west african pidgin, PIDGIN means mixture of european languages and other native language, and so there are DUTCH / ARAWAK pidgin, GERMAN / AFRICAN languages pidgin, Chinese / English pidgin, The freed Niger delta slaves from slave ships taken to Sierra Leone took pidgin there HENCE the numerous IJAW words like, poto poto, Bo, wor wor and others they use also,
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 3:17am On Oct 02, 2011
Ayaba is 'daughter of Aya', unless I'm mistaking.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 3:18am On Oct 02, 2011
CHYZ  said  Sorry bruh, mother in Ijaw proper is Yegi, nothing like Aya so stop lying. You are trying so hard to claim another group's language. Ayaba in kalabari means "mother of Aya"(you know this!). Why do you keep lying son,lol?. . .Dude, you can't keep living your life like this, man! smh.

This is  the Igbo factor, They  want to define   your language  that they do not even understand,

My friend  in my language AYA  means  mother,  and AYABA means   a mother that gives birth to you and  My mom's name is AYABA and that is what it means, IYINGI  that you spelt as  YEGI   is not a word  but a sentence   it means  who gave birth to me, Iyi  or  eee yi, means  to give birth to me, ingi  means  female, it then means  the female  who gave birth to me, Iyi ingi, but MOTHER  as AYA is a noun,

study  this  dictionary  to learn  our  word

http://www.rogerblench.info/Language%20data/Niger-Congo/Ijoid/Ibani-English%20dictionary.pdf
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 3:27am On Oct 02, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Ayaba is 'daughter of Aya', unless I'm mistaking.

You are right made a mistake with saying "mother of Aya". it is "daughter of Aya". Anyway Killeryut is a complete lie, either he doesnt speak his language or he's trying to fool those who are unfamiliar with kalabari language.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 3:29am On Oct 02, 2011
I smell a rat once someone starts referring to a language dictionary to support his case. undecided
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 3:32am On Oct 02, 2011
ALJ HAREM  said  Killayut those words like padi, mi , kilo she le, etc are actually yoruba words that krio people of serri leano use and they say they are related to yoruba

examples of Krio pigin are. (Pigin english originated from there) and these words did not origniate from Ijaws

bɔku (bohku)         many, very much (< French beaucoup)

padi                             friend

waka                        walk

Wowoh                        Ugly

Rubbish                     botobata

Example of there sentences are

Kushe. - "Hello."  notic

yorubas use kilo she le

Kusheh   Hello, Hi

some yorubas use Ki/u she le/h or can be kisheh (when joined)

Now go read about krio yoruba people and heritage

LOL  this man is seriously drifting, bro, you are right  and  you must know that  those words  are all KALABARI  words,  

PADDI  was  originally  PALLY it changed  form to paddy  over time, THAT GUY NAH  MY PALLY,
PALLY  is a KALABARI  word  meaning  partner,  Ee  kiabo  pally teh  ori na mu,  partner with your friend and go with him,

wowoh  That you spelt is WOR WOR  meaning ugly and it is a KALABARI word,  wor wor  is actually the childish way of  expressing it, said  by kids  mostly  or said to kids  for them  to avoid  touching  , In KALABARI  to kini   wor-lo    means  to  disdain some one  or to make some one look bad or ugly

to kini  wor-ree  means  to insult   some  one to to run some one down, to negate a persons  personality which means to dirty persons  image.

You this wor wor  person  actually means you this filty person ( worth less  person)

your  wor wor ways, you too wor wor,  these  wor wor  people,

WAKA is actually from the words walk out, walk out from the door mouth became waka from dormot by illiterates

to waka is to walk out
domot= door mouth.

Speaking yoruba  does not make you speak pidgin, kilon shele  is not pidgin  but pure  yoruba, and  Yoruba  does not come to play WHEN PIDGIN IS mentioned, Yoruba are new speakers of  pidgin,   pidgin started  since the  16th  century and  kings  like king JAJA,  PEREKULE, AMACHREE  spoke  pidgin, they existed  way way before  OGUNDE's  father  was  born,
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 3:37am On Oct 02, 2011
killayut:

This is  the Igbo factor,  They  want to define   your language  that they do not even understand,

My friend  in my language AYA  means  mother,   and AYABA means   a mother that gives birth to you and  My mom's name is AYABA and that is what it means,  IYINGI  that you spelt as  YEGI   is not a word  but a sentence   it means  who gave birth to me,  Iyi  or  eee yi,  means  to give birth to me,  ingi  means  female,  it then means  the female  who gave birth to me,  Iyi ingi,  but MOTHER  as AYA is a noun,

study  this  dictionary  to learn  our  word

http://www.rogerblench.info/Language%20data/Niger-Congo/Ijoid/Ibani-English%20dictionary.pdf

Sorry again dude, why are you now claiming Ibani as your langauge? I thought you were kalabari? You are still wrong you cannot use Ibani to suit your argument when kalabari is YOUR language and the one YOU were using as a tool for argument.

Aya has a totally different meaning in kalabari, in fact, in Ibani, Aya still doesn't even mean mother,lol. Now back to Aya in kalabari is not mother:

http://www.rogerblench.info/Language%20data/Niger-Congo/Ijoid/Kalabari%20dictionary.pdf
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 3:41am On Oct 02, 2011
@killeryut, if you use Aya as mother, yourself, then it is more than likely a borrowed word because clearly it aint mother, even YOUR link proves that.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 3:45am On Oct 02, 2011
I'll say it again, do I need an Igbo dictionary to prove my point about Igbo language? HECK NO. undecided
So, once someone pulled Ibani dictionary to start proving an Ijaw word, I smell I big rat. cool
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 4:06am On Oct 02, 2011
Chyz,

LOL you Ignorant blob, Ibani and KALABARI are the same, every Ibani word is the same as KALABARI word and Okrika word,
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 4:08am On Oct 02, 2011
This is another revelation of KALABARI -IJAW INFLUENCE IN THE CARIBBEAN land, This youtube documentary was done by a JAMAICAN and not even an AFRICAN, some one who without bias took his time to make research about CARIBBEAN patois / creole and got a finding,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PH1TvEE8Vw

view the You tube and PONDER and agree to all my words,
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 4:10am On Oct 02, 2011
killayut:

Chyz,

LOL you Ignorant blob, Ibani and KALABARI are the same, every Ibani word is the same as KALABARI word and Okrika word,

Must you continue to show your ignorance? Obviously you don't know what you are talking about since you posted the above.smh
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 4:11am On Oct 02, 2011
Chyz, you still dey mind Killayut?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Abagworo(m): 4:14am On Oct 02, 2011
I've nailed killayut.He is not a kalabari man but is trying to annex Kalabari.Follow the link below and catch him being massacred by a Kalabari son.You guys should be quick before he modifies his mistakes.lmfao!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-20932.64.html
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 5:56am On Oct 02, 2011
Abagworo may have scored a bulls-eye with the link above. Here is an abstract from it:

Iyimbere Killayut,

Nice write-up, I must say!

I'm lost for words in terms of what to say 'cos it seems you do know a lot about Kalabari history, much better than I do. I guess you live at home, so it's only expected.

That said, you failed to quote your sources to substantiate the argument you are putting forward. As you know, it's one thing to say something, and another to backup it up with verifiable facts. Ha ha - gotcha! Still, my respects to you for your extensive knowledge of our history.

Do I throw in the towel at this juncture or what? Na-a, I need to have sight of your sources or hear from some other Kalabari before doing so. Altogether, a very good account, if I may say so.

Good to know that you are from Berepiki's compound as well. What a small world eh? Here was I, coming to Nairaland to try and have a feel for what's happening at home, with a view to visiting Nigeria at some point, after thirty four years abroad, and we bump into each other, discussing our people. How cool is that?

Actually, I thought you were an Ijaw hence had been banging on about the Ijaws. Anyway, as you know, any Kalabari would tell you that we are NOT Ijaws. Sorry! Just go to any Kalabari town or village and tell people that we are Ijaws (wa mine Ijaw na apu) and you'd hear what their answer would be. That doesn't mean that your argument doesn't hold any water, mind. It's just the way it is with us as Kalabari people. Hope you understand.

kiwi992."

Ouch! cry undecided
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 6:03am On Oct 02, 2011
Another upper cut.  cool

Killahut,

Thanks for the input. 

I don't know as to whether you are a Kalabari or an Ijaw per se but I think there's too much of a leaning towards the Ijaws in your narration of Kalabari history.  It seems as though you are narrating it from the point of view of an Ijaw person - i.e. giving it an Ijaw perspective, if you see what I mean.

I say this because we, as Kalabari people, have never seen ourselves as Ijaws (although grouped by the colonialists as belonging to the Ijaw tribe).  The typical Ijaw towns (Nembe, Brass, Yenagoa, Sangama and so on) are much too far away from Kalabari kingdom, almost nearer to Warri and Sapele in the Mid-West than to the Kalabari towns and villages or indeed, Okrika, Bonny or Opobo.  Hope you get my point and not take offence at it 'cos any Kalabari would tell you that. . .

kiwi992.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Ramadan Preaching Session Organised By ISWAP Faction Of Boko Haram In The North / Nigerian Navy Officers Training In The Desert (Photos) / See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.