Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,955 members, 7,838,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ (18485 Views)

If Buhari Wants To Be A Pharaoh, He Will Find A Moses In Me – Asari Dokubo / EXPLOSIVE!!! If Buhari Wants To Be A Pharaoh…then He Will Find - Asare Dokubo / Prophecy: The Next President Of Nigeria Is Going To Be A General (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by AjanleKoko: 3:48pm On Sep 26, 2011
Moronic outburst from the Naija Delta Man grin
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2011
The fool said he's not a general, but his dumb a.s.s is the commander in chief, he has more  power than the generals, he gives orders to the generals.

I bet the lazy man is clueless about his duties and job description.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Pukkah: 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2011
Kolababa:

Our president said he cannot rush into taking action on some national issues but he could rush into appointing the acting President of Court of Appeal against the public outcry.
He said some politicians are behind the socioeconomic and insecurity problems but he did not want to mention their names. That means GEJ knows the sponsors of Boko Haram but they are untouchable. "Playing politics with national security".
This speech is no presidential at all.
Those on nairand celebrating mediocrisy and failure of GEJ government based on ethnic and religion sentiments, we are all in Nigeria.
"if heaven will fall, it will fall on everybody".

You are right on point. See what I had cause to send to a band of mediocre praise-singers sometime last week.  It is to the disadvantage of this potentially great country that this tribe of citizens keeps growing.

Who is the enemy of Nigeria, he who deceives the President and says he's doing well or he who tells him the bitter truth?

Pukkah:

It is a pity what long years of military rule and deprivation have reduced Nigerians to.  Those years of the locust have produced a band of unthinking sycophants who praise-sing any government in power (AGIP) at the drop of a hat.

If you are holding any office and you want to fail, just surround yourself with a couple of those 'the king does no wrong' palace courtiers and jesters.  They will goad you to your waterloo.  Driven by pecuniary benefits and filthy lucre, and sometimes by stark ignorance or inexperience, they would not experience any pang of conscience before they 'praise' you to failure.  With 'friends' like them, you would not need any enemy. They coin aliases for you and refer to you as their 'saviour' or 'my MD', 'my Chairman', 'my Governor', 'my President', even when they know you are making mistakes or not performing.

They would praise you for everything you do for the state or company as if it was your personal money you are spending or as if the position was forced on you.  They do not mind to cast people with dissenting but genuine opinions as detractors, sometimes even going to the unthinkable, ridiculous, and barbaric extent of heaping curses or insults on them.

May God save you, in case you find yourself holding an important private or public office, and indeed Nigeria, and myself too, from such unconscionable souls. Amen.

Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by pkv(m): 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2011
Pukkah:

You are right on point. See what I had cause to send to a band of mediocre praise-singers sometime last week.  It is to the disadvantage of this potentially great country that this tribe of citizens keeps growing.

Who is the enemy of Nigeria, he who deceives the President and says he's doing well or he who tells him the bitter truth?

gbam!!!
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2011
Abeg make una free me GEJ, na small small him go take dey lick this HOT soup (9ja)
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Kinikini: 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2011
GEJ should look at how his popularity has plummetted over the last three months. He is not helping himself cos everytime he talks, he simply gets it wrong. US will praise GEJ as long as the oil is pumped to US moreso it does not hurt US interest ''OIL''.  
This govt has to make a radical departure from the direction it is headed terms of fighting corruption, cost of governance, instil judicial reforms, ensure security, massive infrastructure financing not by borrowing but prudent management of resources and plugging loopholes.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2011
this is how champions addressed themselves;
Haile Selassie's full title in office was "His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, and Elect of God .

Genghis Khan

“I am the punishment of God, If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”“It is not sufficient that I suceed - all others must fail.”

MUHAMMED ALI

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.

When you are as great as I am it is hard to be humble.

I figure I'll be champ for about ten years and then I'll let my brother take over - like the Kennedys down in Washington.

I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round.

I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by sweet9ja: 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2011
The president spoke well, only to a wrong audience, many Nigerians are still suffering from military hangover.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by redsun(m): 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2011
He is speaking melancholily,little wonder he is a grand puppet leading nigeria to irreversable doom.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2011
All he has done is win election and then tell us not to have high hopes for him. He needs to get the hell out of office.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by JomoGbomo2(m): 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2011
A very unpresidential speech from an undeserving president.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by LogicPower(m): 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2011
Idealkocep:

I am not A General. But you are the commander in-chief of Nigeria Armed froces. I think we need to ammend that part of the constitution that gives him double power; president and Commander in-chief. He can get to presidency by Luck but surely he can't govern the country by Luck. A good leader should always think ahead of his detractors and render them incapable rather than complaining.

Excellent points!

Can you imagine a Commander-in-Chief of one of the largest armed forces in Africa foolishly and unwittingly implying that all the generals under his command should be more powerful, more stoic, more courageous, more daring than him?

This lily-livered fish-brained of a president is only making us to begin to long nostalgically for the the era of OBJ.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by houvest: 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2011
Well said GEJ. You do not have to be someone else to change the country.Just  remain yourself. Do not let anybody force you to be what he wants. The changes are trickling in whether the naysayers like it or not. Those who are deliberately distorting the import of his speech have another 3 and half years to continue their unholy job of hate and distortion while he waxes stronger and stronger.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by nagoma(m): 5:13pm On Sep 26, 2011
Yes you are not a General. You are far bigger you have over 100 Generals  in your command , you make Generals, you sack Generals. You are the President of 150 million people including all the Generals and the whole Military by our consent. And of course you are a lion , what do you think you are ? A pussycat?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2011
Abeg, pussycat get better sense. He's comparable to a sloth. It takes a sloth one year to digest one meal. Abuja was bombed during the 50th Independence. Abuja isn't any safer than it was a year ago.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Roland17(m): 5:21pm On Sep 26, 2011
We already know you are no where close to being a Lion, but acting like an earth worm does not rank you any where close to being a leader in the animal kingdom.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Mannylex(m): 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2011
What has this man done to deserve all of this unwarranted insults, it is very clear people are against him, and Nigerian's know it too, but yet find pleasure in criticizing his every actions, statement or decision. The speech was just the words of a man whose every move have been frustrated by some heartless ones. No president plans to fail, everyone wishes to make an impact. It's just a pity he is a victim of circumstances. All these man need's is encouragement and prayers for Nigeria in distress. . . If a father has lots of money, and unfortunately, robbers steal it all to the extent that he can't pay the fees of his children anymore, and they are always chased away from school, what would the father do, kill himself? I don't think so. He'll just keep encouraging the children, and all the father would need is their support. . . That's the situation GEJ finds himself in now. We all knew how he looked when he entered power, but look how he is now. You'll see STRESS and ANGUISH all over his face. Pity that man, it's not easy. Stand by him and very soon you'll get that Breath of FRESH AIR.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by dayokanu(m): 5:33pm On Sep 26, 2011
I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - [size=28pt]I AM RETARDEEN ODECHUKWU ADEMUMU JONATHAN[/size]
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by goodass(m): 5:46pm On Sep 26, 2011
leave God alone oooo, GEJ!!!
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2011
Mannylex:
What has this man done to deserve all of this unwarranted insults, it is very clear people are against him, and Nigerian's know it too, but yet find pleasure in criticizing his every actions, statement or decision. The speech was just the words of a man whose every move have been frustrated by some heartless ones. No president plans to fail, everyone wishes to make an impact. It's just a pity he is a victim of circumstances. All these man need's is encouragement and prayers for Nigeria in distress. . . If a father has lots of money, and unfortunately, robbers steal it all to the extent that  he can't pay the fees of his children anymore, and they are always chased away from school, what would the father do, kill himself? I don't think so. He'll just keep encouraging the children, and all the father would need is their support. . . That's the situation GEJ finds himself in now. We all knew how he looked when he entered power, but look how he is now. You'll see STRESS and ANGUISH all over his face. Pity that man, it's not easy. Stand by him and very soon you'll get that Breath of FRESH AIR.

No president plans to fail, but this president has failed to plan. His every actions, statement, and/or decisions have been criticized because they are in no way directed towards bettering this country. Examples? 1. Tenure elongation. 2. "Corruption in Nigeria is not done by Nigerians". 3. Beefing Segun Arinze and AGN. Of all the issues plaguing Nigeria, he has time to beef with Segun Arinze. He doesn't have to fix Nigeria. He can pick one of our numerous problems, solve it, and he's good to go; I will respect him. He hasn't done one. Instead he spends his time telling us it takes one term to settle into office, so he needs two terms to make any kind of change, and for us not to have high hopes for him. At least George W. Bush tried and failed. This one just entered office and is explaining why you shouldn't expect much, if anything, from him.

If you don't study for an exam, and you fail, you won't get any pity for me. So explain to me again why I should pity this over-underprepared president.

Don't pray for a useless man to perform miracles. Pray for a useful man to succeed.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by anonimi: 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2011
sweet9ja:

The president spoke well, only to a wrong audience, many Nigerians are still suffering from military hangover.

That is the koko of the matter. We are used to being bullied around and being lawless in our own little ways including seeking extra-judicial means of resolving issues.
Think of calling a uniformed man to collect your debt rather than a court bailiff?

houvest:

Well said GEJ. You do not have to be someone else to change the country.Just  remain yourself. Do not let anybody force you to be what he wants. The changes are trickling in whether the naysayers like it or not. Those who are deliberately distorting the import of his speech have another 3 and half years to continue their unholy job of hate and distortion while he waxes stronger and stronger.

Thanks for the highlighted portion.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by AlanF100: 6:28pm On Sep 26, 2011
Abeg make una stop crying oooo. On this same forum some of us did all we could to dissuade people for voting for GEJ. Many of us that were even supporting him in the beggining realised he has nothing to offer. We spent our money, dedicated our own time and energy to make majority see his opponents are still better than him (based on their past achievements and inclinations).

U all defied reasons and voted with your heart instead of your head. This is someone who has been in different positions of authority for 12 years and we could not find a single landmark achievement to attribute to him.

Its too late to make any amend now; we all have to suffer the consequences of our actions and inactions.

Please I want to employ the critics to tone-down on GEJ. From this speech which literarilly came from the bottom of his heart he has lost it and might just break-down if things continue getting worse. Like I always say we have no other nation to call our own. Please NLders should mellow down of their criticisms if you dont want another President to mud on the thrown. And GEJ is very delicate piece considering the way he got to power and his root.

Na beg I dey beg ooo. Give GEJ some slacks oooo
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Babasessy(m): 6:28pm On Sep 26, 2011
The difference between Yaradua and Goodluck: Yaradua-No Kidney, Goodluck-No Liver,
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by PointB: 6:32pm On Sep 26, 2011
^Yar Adua had no liver either. Didn't you read the wikileaks? grin grin grin grin
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by ariyebaba(m): 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2011
Not all of the above, he must be a GOAT. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by LogicPower(m): 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2011
Mannylex:

What has this man done to deserve all of this unwarranted insults ---

Here is my answer, as to what he has done to somewhat deserve the 'unwarranted insults':

He falsely claimed to have all what it would take to steer to safety our fast drifting ship that is carrying over 150 millions of us; he even wasted so much of our resources to go round on board the ship persuading and, almost literally, begging people to trust him and believe in his capabilities and competence to check the drift and chart an entirely new, safer course for us.

But ever since he has taken control, he simply allows the ship to continue to drift further and sink deeper, thereby making us even more concerned about our collective fate and individual lives, and thus disappointing everybody, including those who had confidence in him.

He now tells us to pray to God the Almighty to steer the ship to safety for us!

Worse still, he adds that we should not compare him to any great personalities of the past or the present.
In fact he is telling us that we should not even compare him to anything that is traditionally associated with bravery and courage, such as a lion or an army general!.

But if he knew that he is such a fncking chicken-hearted corward, why did he insist on being allowed to take control of a sinking ship with over 150 million of us on board?

So this is what your man has done to deserve our calling out and shouting at him; we are really terrified that the way he is steering our ship we are heading only to one direction - sinking deep down the sea.

If he had not taken control of our collective destiny, if he were merely staying in his creeks, or anywhere else for that matter, enjoying his life as a private citizen with his good family members, how many people do you think would give a hoot about him?  

It is just so, so sad how ethnic, sectarian and regional sentiments and divisions have killed this our otherwise great nation!
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by publisher(m): 7:19pm On Sep 26, 2011
[size=13pt]THE BIGGEST MUMUS HERE ARE THE NAIRALANDERS WHO CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND 'THE POLITICS OF HUMILITY'.
ABACHA was a Lion of Judah,and warrior,what did he do for you? He killed Ken Saro Wiwa.
BABANGIDA was a General,a pharoh,King,what did he do for you? He annulled June 12.
GEJ is now coming to tell some of you EEEEEEEEEdiots on Nairaland that he is not a RULER but a LEADER,yet some of you are busy displaying your conquered egos and absence of common sense on this Forum.
OBASANJO clearly displayed ALL the above SUPERMAN leadership qualities some of you are asking GEJ to adopt,yet many phucking mooorons on NL still insult baba OBJ.Accusing him of destroying Odi amongst other crimes.
The REAL leaders are the ones who humble themselves in spite of the powers at their disposal,and carry the sane segments of their citizens along.
Ride on GEJ,thank God most of your critiques on this fora will never smell even the gutters of Aso rock,their greatest acheivement will only be using faceless avatars to post rubbish on Nairaland convincing themselves that they are relevant.

May God bless Naija and give our leaders the wisdom to put in their best.[/size]
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Tunbolity(m): 8:03pm On Sep 26, 2011
Odechukwu Jona has shown us with his demoralising and unimpressive and unpresidential statement that he is incompetent though some us knew from onset.But if we should keep watching,this anamu will plunge the country into anarchy and the end will be disastrous.He should please resign. sad angry
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by PresidentT(m): 8:12pm On Sep 26, 2011
GEJ all the way. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by cap28: 8:23pm On Sep 26, 2011
LogicPower:

Here is my answer, as to what he has done to somewhat deserve the 'unwarranted insults':

He falsely claimed to have all what it would take to steer to safety our fast drifting ship that is carrying over 150 millions of us; he even wasted so much of our resources to go round on board the ship persuading and, almost literally begging people, to trust him and believe in his capabilities and competence to check the drift and chart an entirely new, safer course for us.

But ever since he has taken control, he simply allows the ship to continue to drift further and sink deeper, thereby making us even more concerned about our collective fate and individual lives, and thus disappointing everybody, including those who had confidence in him.

He now tells us to pray to God the Almighty to steer the ship to safety for us!

Worse still, he adds that we should not compare him to any great personalities of the past or the present.
In fact he is telling us that we should not even compare him to anything that is traditionally associated with bravery and courage, such as a lion or an army general!.

But if he knew that he is such a fncking chicken-hearted corward, why did he insist on being allowed to take control of a sinking ship with over 150 million of us on board?

So this is what your man has done to deserve our calling out and shouting at him; we are really terrified that the way he is steering our ship we are heading only to one direction - sinking deep down the sea.

If he had not taken control of our collective destiny, if he were merely staying in his creeks, or anywhere else for that matter, enjoying his life as a private citizen with his good family members, how many people do you think would give a hoot about him?  

It is just so, so sad how ethnic, sectarian and regional sentiments and divisions have killed this our otherwise great nation!

^^^^^
brilliant analogy

You have to understand that this role was foisted upon him by his godfather obasanjo - i believe obasanjo is still calling the shots from behind the scenes.

goodluck was chosen not because of his leadership skills but because of his weak personal character traits, take for instance his stance on libya - which self respecting black african president would roll over and allow the european invasion of a fellow african nation? not only did goodluck roll over he even went as far as voting with the european aggressors to attack a fellow african country.  As if that wasnt bad enough he endorsed and recognised a criminal govt of racists who have killed hundreds of nigerian citizens.  Only a weak coward would behave in such a manner.  

this is why he now says that his master obama and fellow traitor Gabon love him - why wouldnt they love him?

Obama loves him because he has done everything obama asked him to do, he betrayed a fellow african nation and handed it over to the NATO vampires, he appointed a world bank puppet to run nigeria's finances so what's not to like - he is docile, weak and very very fearful of the west so he is their ideal candidate.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by publisher(m): 8:27pm On Sep 26, 2011
^^^^more Mugus. If you are talking about betraying the likes of Laurent Gbagbo and Ghaddafi,then ur point is pointless!
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Builder: 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2011
i have been saying this all along, GEJ is a professional and certified self-servicer, how he managed to be a president baffles me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Edo Election Holds On Saturday - INEC / Photos From Governor Ikpeazu's 55th Birthday Celebration In Abuja / Osinbajo’s Rccgification, Plot For Theocratic State Capture By Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.