Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,232 members, 7,842,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ (18495 Views)

If Buhari Wants To Be A Pharaoh, He Will Find A Moses In Me – Asari Dokubo / EXPLOSIVE!!! If Buhari Wants To Be A Pharaoh…then He Will Find - Asare Dokubo / Prophecy: The Next President Of Nigeria Is Going To Be A General (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by nateevs(m): 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2011
Obama when he spoke commended Nigeria but back home we are being abused. When we had the Security Council meeting outside the General Assembly but here we are[b] being abused[/b]. When the President of South Africa, Gabon spoke they commended Nigeria but here we are not being appreciated. But what I can assure you is that Nigeria is on course and with your prayers and guidance of God we will surely get to the destination we are going.

WTF does he mean by "being abused"?
Does he even know what he means by "being abused"?
Gosh!

Grown man who doesn't know the difference between being insulted and being abused.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by pkv(m): 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2011
Sure GEJ!u r non of dat, actualy me tink u r a stooge.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by 0Edward0(m): 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2011
This GEJ, I dey regret say I vote this man, if him no be lion wetin him come be na goat, I regret no be small.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by LogicPower(m): 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2011
Doctokwus: D part I dnt like is him saying he's commended by d presidents of US,South Africa and Gabon.
U.S has always had its strategic interests,has he 4gotten dis same U.S suported Saddam Hussein,Hosni Mubarack of Egypt,evn Ghaddafi to some extent til d bubble burst?
As for S Africa and Gabon,I wudnt sincerely b proud as a nigerian pres to b supported by d current presidents of dose 2,no nation shd evn b proud of dem"

Pinkrex: "Exactly my disappointment in his whole speech.

How can he appraise his competence by words from foreign nations

He hasn't even gotten a pass mark from his Aso rock yet the worlds of Obama satisfies his incompetence"

The whole speech is so dumb, but I also believe that the dumbest and most embarrassing part must be this very one the two of you have highlighted; a whole president of a country like Nigeria returning home from an international gathering only to be so shamelessly and foolishly feeling so excited that some foreign leaders had praised him!

If you add this to the way he so ungracefully and disgracefully stood in front of Hillary Clinton with his two nervous hands timidly folded at his back, listening to her like a secondary school boy would to his school principal, you cannot but agree that we have never had a president who is so clearly deficient in all what it takes to act, sound, and appear presidential!.  

And I think it would really amount to expecting too much of him for anybody to reasonably believe that he could ever be up to the daunting task of salvaging and re-directing this wrecked country back on the right course, and to the promised land.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by PointB: 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2011
@Topic,

This President is just making a simple point.

That you can be humble in leadership, and still achieve you goals.
The veracity of otherwise of that can only be seen at the end of his tenure.

So far, I think the foundation in terms of personnel and plans GEJ has laid is rock solid. I like to see him build on those. For that I am willing to wait!
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by iukpe: 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2011
Nigeria at this stage with corruption, terrorism, poverty, illiteracy, tribalism, unemployment, violence, militancy etc etc needs A Lion, A General, A Goliath, A Pharaoh or A King. So what are we going to do?

The task ahead for GEJ is huge and needs to be handled with a lot of pressure if anything is to change within his tenure.
What would GEJ be thinking if a minister he has assigned office comes to him with this words in the face of challenge and failures?

The capabilities of the southern political class is in question if he cannot make visible moves in all areas to put things right.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by pinkrex(m): 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

Please stop. It doesn't matter what they are fighting for, they are all terrorists, they both terrorize and kill innocent Nigerians

Agreed!!! But are you comparing Boko haram to MEND? undecided
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by juman(m): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2011
The President was in the church and relegated himself before God.

I don’t need to be a lion, I don’t need to be Nebuchadnezzar, I don’t need to operate like the Pharaoh of Egypt, and I don’t need to be an army general. I can change this country without those traits,” he said.

The President is himself and operates in his own way to deal with the situation.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2011
pinkrex:

Agreed!!! But are you comparing Boko haram to MEND? undecided

The only comparison I care about is the fact that they are both terrorists and they both kill innocent people. You are free to make yourself feel good about what ever comparison, you desire, it just doesn't change the fact that they are all cold blooded killers and murderers.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by jmaine: 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2011
The usual foolish critics with their eroded brain cells  feasting on their stvpidity . . . .  Bunch of eediots ingesting their daily opium of blind cynicism and constant hate over nothing . . . Una dey try oo!
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 2:47pm On Sep 26, 2011
juman:

The President was in the church and relegated himself before God.

The President is himself and operates in his own way to deal with the situation.

Must you people insult our collective intelligence?

Obviously, the man used God and the house of God to attack and go after his critics, also to clue us in about his intellectual laziness, incompetence, personal failings and lack of needed leadership skills to fight for Nigeria and the same Nigerians that voted for him.

Even Boko Haram is salivating at the fact that this dumb and thoughtless guy confirmed to us all that he is lazy and incompetent.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by miftah: 2:49pm On Sep 26, 2011
Mr Pressy can neva b a lion because he`s a human being not an animal, cannot be Goliath because he wasn`t in goliaths generation, but all for all, it`s difficult for u to rule any country if u a DULL.

100 days in Office,Yar`Adua declare his ASSETS, set up tribunal panel,agrees that the election that brought him IN as a president is not FREE and FAIR, no tarrif was added to NEPA bill, talks to nigerian in a respectable and understanding manner.

GEJ, if u a there, i`ll like u to do the same as ur boss did.

Surely we will continue to praise you in dis country, stop running after ur political opponent that has achieve more than you, ur spokeman is the best for u to address NAIJA ppl because u lack a lot of moral wen talking to US.

Sorry,let m highlight some of ur achievement within the last 100 days in Office:

- Tenure elongation
-Nepa tarrif Increase
-Nuclear Energy

remind m abt others, Mr JOHNBULL.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by ollyndjeda(m): 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2011
Pls sumone who knows dat dumb old fool should tell him to shut up. He will go down as d most idiotic,silly,mindless,brainless,spineless nd dullardic{vernacular} president nigeria has ever nd will ever have.
I thought he had a phd? He cnt construct five sentences witout lookin @ dat useless piece of paper he crumples in his pocket like a primary school pupil. Durin d presidential debate he was lookin @ d damn paper again.Even in primary skuls u dnt look @ pieces of paper nt to talk of, Nd he's d president oh, president? So called luvers of d dullard i wish u gudluck{as dats all u want to hear nd see} when u dnt have jobs,nd when your universities become trainin ground for ghanian primary skul students,nd your 20k salary only buys tomatoes nd kerosine.Mschew
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by pinkrex(m): 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

The only comparison I care about is the fact that they are both terrorists and they both kill innocent people. You are free to make yourself feel good about what ever comparison, you desire, it just doesn't change the fact that they are all cold blooded killers and murderers.

You have also satisfied your self by ignoring the obvious.

If you can list out the demands of Boko-harams then we can start talking.

For God sake protest is the best way the masses can disagree with a certain Governmental policy, MEND was an organisation, they were fighting for development of their land and proper utilisation of the money being made from their regionon their indigenes. They kidnapped foreigners and demanded for ransom which is contrary to Boko-haram's meaningless bombings and their unrealistic demands. I'm not saying those two groups are no threat to citizens of this country but for every war fought, they should be a good ground to back it up undecided
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Johndoe100(m): 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2011
PointB:

@Topic,

This President is just making a simple point.

That you can be humble in leadership, and still achieve you goals.
The veracity of otherwise of that can only be seen at the end of his tenure.

So far, I think the foundation in terms of personnel and plans GEJ has laid is rock solid. I like to see him build on those. For that I am willing to wait!

It is heart warming to see that there are still some reasonable and rational beings left on this forum.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Pukkah: 2:56pm On Sep 26, 2011
samtoye:

I'm trying to be positive, can someone tell me one thing working well in Nigeria right now? I'm afraid for the next generation.

Has anyone answered your question?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Xmind1: 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2011
Guys cool doWn.

GEJ admits that without the help of God he can't rule Nigeria.
He admits that his assignment was God ordained and with God, he will deliver.
Just like David that did not look like it, God will give him the head of the Goliath of this country.
God does not look at the outside. God uses the foolish to confound the wise.
It is not everyone that has the ability to understand the presidents statement.but I can tell you that is a humble and yet
Bold statement.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by pinkrex(m): 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2011
ollyndjeda:

Pls sumone who knows dat dumb old fool should tell him to shut up. He will go down as d most idiotic,silly,mindless,brainless,spineless nd dullardic{vernacular} president nigeria has ever nd will ever have.
I thought he had a phd? He cnt construct five sentences witout lookin @ dat useless piece of paper he crumples in his pocket like a primary school pupil. Durin d presidential debate he was lookin @ d damn paper again.Even in primary skuls u dnt look @ pieces of paper nt to talk of, Nd he's d president oh, president? So called luvers of d dullard i wish u gudluck{as dats all u want to hear nd see} when u dnt have jobs,nd when your universities become trainin ground for ghanian primary skul students,nd your 20k salary only buys tomatoes nd kerosine.Mschew

It is allowed. You can look into any paper when you are giving a speech so you don't flop.

If you are giving an impromptu speech then you don't really need a paper or typed document to read from, and besides its not everybody that has the skills of good oratory or speech.

He is the most Educated president we've ever had, . . , ,  . for the records tho.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Demdem(m): 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2011
pinkrex:

For God sake protest is the best way the masses can disagree with a certain Governmental policy, MEND was an organisation, they were fighting for development of their land and proper utilisation of the money being made from their regionon their indigenes. [b]They kidnapped foreigners and demanded for ransom which is contrary to Boko-haram's meaningless bombings and their unrealistic demands. [/b]I'm not saying those two groups are no threat to citizens of this country but for every war fought, they should be a good ground to back it up undecided

Abegiii, leave tori. the bottom line is both org in one way or the other took innocent lives. as far as i'm concerned, they are both criminals.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2011
pinkrex:

For God sake protest is the best way the masses can disagree with a certain Governmental policy, MEND was an organisation, they were fighting for development of their land and proper utilisation of the money being made from their regionon their indigenes. They kidnapped foreigners and demanded for ransom which is contrary to Boko-haram's meaningless bombings and their unrealistic demands. I'm not saying those two groups are no threat to citizens of this country but for every war fought, they should be a good ground to back it up undecided

What are you going on and on about? Like I said, you are free to formulate what ever comparison you desire to justify killing innocent people.

All you're doing here is basically asserting that your terrorist and killers are better than others.

Unfortunately for you, at the end of the day, they are all cold blooded and blood thirsty killers, the reason they kill has no bearing on who they kill.

They are all common criminals,
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by fxtopedia(m): 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2011
Presi is not a lion
He is not a general
He is not a good leader
He is not the right choice but voted on sentiment
He is not the right choice but rigged in
he is nothing but GOODLUCK  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And he is simply the worst thing that ever happens to Nigeria lipsrsealed
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by pinkrex(m): 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

What are you going on and on about? Like I said, you are free to formulate what ever comparison you desire to justify killing innocent people.

All you're doing here is basically asserting that [b]your terrorist and killers [/b]are better than others.

Unfortunately for you, at the end of the day, they are all cold blooded and blood thirsty killers, the reason they kill has no bearing on who they kill.

They are all common criminals,

For the way you think I have no reason arguing with you undecided
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Johndoe100(m): 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

Must you people insult our collective intelligence?

Young man I have told you before, people who spend most of their time with their mouths glued to someone's anus tend to get  brain damaged. I think you have spent enough time away from Fashola's anus. It's time to get back to work. Leave the comments and stuff to others.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 3:18pm On Sep 26, 2011
pinkrex:

For the way you think I have no reason arguing with you undecided

Unfortunately for you, I wasn't the one making excuses for terrorist acts and slaughtering of innocent Nigerians. That's you, not me.

Btw, you'll argue with me if I asserted the other way around that they are not terrorists and they don't kill innocent Nigerians? Is this what you want us to believe and accept?

lol. Lord have mercy
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 26, 2011
I AM A LION
I AM A GENERAL
I AM PHARAOH
I AM  NEBUCHADNEZZAR
I AM A CHAMPION
I'm gonna be Iron
like a Lion in Zion

THAT IS WHAT I WANT MY PRESIDENT TO SAY
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by pinkrex(m): 3:30pm On Sep 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

Unfortunately for you, I wasn't the one making excuses for terrorist acts and slaughtering of innocent Nigerians. That's you, not me.

Btw, you'll argue with me if I asserted the other way around that they are not terrorists and they don't kill innocent Nigerians? Is this what you want us to believe and accept?

lol. Lord have mercy

You just held on the the fact that innocents were murdered. Well, I haven't in anyway gratified their acts but I was just trying to highlight the disparities between the two sects. undecided

Anyway I let this one go before some people here rain insults on me that im defending the Boko's
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by maasoap(m): 3:35pm On Sep 26, 2011
Nigerian President criticizing citizens for being criticized by the Nigerian citizens. Even Obama with all his reform programs is not finding easy back at home with his rating dropped to all-time low (50%).
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2011
pinkrex:

You just held on the the fact that innocents were murdered. Well, I haven't in anyway gratified their acts but I was just trying to highlight the disparities between the two sects. undecided

Anyway I let this one go before some people here rain insults on me that im defending the Boko's

I'm not holding on to anything, just stating the obvious and if you think these criminals don't kill innocent people, just say it and quit dancing around.

Of what importance are your disparities if at the end of the day, they both kill innocent Nigerians?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Kolababa: 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2011
Our president said he cannot rush into taking action on some national issues but he could rush into appointing the acting President of Court of Appeal against the public outcry.
He said some politicians are behind the socioeconomic and insecurity problems but he did not want to mention their names. That means GEJ knows the sponsors of Boko Haram but they are untouchable. "Playing politics with national security".
This speech is no presidential at all.
Those on nairand celebrating mediocrisy and failure of GEJ government based on ethnic and religion sentiments, we are all in Nigeria.
"if heaven will fall, it will fall on everybody".
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Idealkocep: 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2011
I am not A General. But you are the commander in-chief of Nigeria Armed froces. I think we need to ammend that part of the constitution that gives him double power; president and Commander in-chief. He can get to presidency by Luck but surely he can't govern the country by Luck. A good leader should always think ahead of his detractors and render them incapable rather than complaining.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Bawss1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2011
ehie:

I AM A LION
I AM A GENERAL
I AM PHARAOH
I AM  NEBUCHADNEZZAR
I AM A CHAMPION

I'm gonna be Iron
like a Lion in Zion

THAT IS WHAT I WANT MY PRESIDENT TO SAY

I love this post. That is what I want my president to say.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Demdem(m): 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2011
Kolababa:

Our president said he cannot rush into taking action on some national issues but he could rush into appointing the acting President of Court of Appeal against the public outcry.
He said some politicians are behind the socioeconomic and insecurity problems but he did not want to mention their names. That means GEJ knows the sponsors of Boko Haram but they are untouchable. "Playing politics with national security".
This speech is no presidential at all.
Those on nairand celebrating mediocrisy and failure of GEJ government based on ethnic and religion sentiments, we are all in Nigeria.
"if heaven will fall, it will fall on everybody".

The same way The Retardeen knows who the real MEND are  angry angry angry
The President is fast becoming an accomplice in Crime
Lord have mercy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike / "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful / Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.