Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,344 members, 7,853,529 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:32 PM

I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ (18509 Views)

If Buhari Wants To Be A Pharaoh, He Will Find A Moses In Me – Asari Dokubo / EXPLOSIVE!!! If Buhari Wants To Be A Pharaoh…then He Will Find - Asare Dokubo / Prophecy: The Next President Of Nigeria Is Going To Be A General (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by stiyke(m): 9:56am On Sep 26, 2011
I can only see the effect of unemployment, if they where employed and doing something worthwile to build up Nigeria or what ever nation they believe in by doing their own little the best they could, they wont be here spitting words of hate and negativity to everything GEJ does.

please GEJ give the unemployed nairalanders work to do, they are becoming too boring. , oh i missed it, you have already given them enough work of analysing every cough, yawn, spit sh it you make.

They took out the fact that he said he isnt a lion or a general, but they fail to also see where he said that goliath was killed by a boy, not a lion or a general or another goliath but a boy with a string and no war experience at all.

Nairalanders are typical of nigerians, always negative and pointing fingers, but wont contribute to solution. GEJ is doing the best he can and his best will work! Mark my words. Though his best will work better if every one of you do his little best to support him.

If you have to critic everything GEJ does can you please give us a verifiable example of how you have made a change or improved your immediate environ in your own little way Or even attempted to make the change??

God bless you all.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by kulutempa: 9:58am On Sep 26, 2011
"l am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King"

Of course you are none of the above,  sir.  However you come across as an indecisive wimp who needs to grow a pair and take charge. Got it?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by pinkrex(m): 10:03am On Sep 26, 2011
But come to think of it, either GEJ is clueless or not, the above claims are true. He doesn't have the praises at home because Nigerians at home are not finding it funny like other countries that watch from across the sea undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 26, 2011
ssjalo:

GEJ,Keep your eyes up for God is with you and one with God is MAJORITY.
@NAIRALANDERS
We many dogs here claims to be human being,they some times a friend human being while some times they can bite.Which group are they belong to?
It's God that placed GEJ in that position,He has a power to take it and give it to some one who HE wish.So,even you,you found yourself there people will stick against you.GEJ he's a human being like you and i,GEJ can request for God intervention,even you and i without prayer we can stay a minute in this wicked generation.
GOD GUIDE NIGERIA,AND BY HIS WILL THINGS WILL BE BETTER.

JESUS IS REIGN!

Commenting on the 2007 elections, Yar'adua made the following remarks
'My election has the interest of Nigerians at heart. God has all powers and bestows power on whom he chooses. My election is the will of God. I therefore appeal to all those who feel aggrieved to follow the constitutional provision. Arbitrariness and chaos are no alternatives to the rule of law. Therefore, anybody who feels aggrieved should follow due process of law. My government will improve on the welfare of all Nigerians. I call on all of us to join in the task of lifting the country. I will ensure peace and prosperity in the country. Let us put the elections behind us. What matters now is the task of building a new Nigeria that will be the pride of all', he sued.

I now know my true friends - Alao-Akala
In his sermon at the service, Pastor-in-Charge, Molete Baptist Church, Ibadan (MBCI), Reverend Edward Alabi, described Chief Alao-Akala as a rare gift to the state and a governor who had a successful tenure while in office because he served the people with the fear of God.
Describing his life as testimony to others, the cleric likened the former governor to the Biblical King David, saying that Alao-Akala was a man after the heart of God who served the people of Oyo State with all his strength and with the heart of the Lord.

Ibori Attributes Electoral Victory to God's Wish
Warri — Governor James Ibori of Delta State yesterday attributed his victory at the last April gubernatorial polls to the divine hand of God, saying "what God has decreed no man on earth can change". Ibori's revelation came in a moving testimony he gave at a special thanksgiving service held at the First Baptist Church, Ogharefe, his hometown where he and his family had gone to thank God for his victory at the polls as well as to mark his 45th birthday anniversary.

My Victory, Act of God - Ohakim
Abuja — The governor of Imo State, Chief Ikedi Ohakim yesterday declared that his victory at the election tribunal was an act of God and a triumph of justice as there was no victor no vanquish and all Imo people must come together to move the state forward.

Chris Okotie
Asked why he actually wants to become the President of Nigeria after two unsuccessful attempts, Okotie said: “I have said this several times and I will like to say it once again; ours is a divine mandate derived from God’s desire to answer the prayers of the oppressed masses of this nation, who have cried out in pains, in agony and their cries have entered into the ears of the Lord.” He said the PDP had failed Nigerians woefully, and must not be allowed to continue beyond 2011.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by werepeLeri: 10:09am On Sep 26, 2011
pinkrex:

But come to think of it, either GEJ is clueless or not, the above claims are true. He doesn't have the praises at home becomes Nigerians at home are not finding it funny like other countries that watch from across the sea undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

How can you prove that statement? You must take the less than 100 people on Nairaland who write these stories to mean 160million people. Do you see your foolery?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Geomel: 10:21am On Sep 26, 2011
lord deliver this country from every form of problem in the name of Jesus.AMEN
www.geomelgroup.org
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by pinkrex(m): 10:23am On Sep 26, 2011
werepeLeri:

How can you prove that statement? You must take the less than 100 people on Nairaland who write these stories to mean 160million people. Do you see your foolery?

I don't seem to get what you mean . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,  . .  , , , . . , .

BTW must you pass your comments with insults or sarcasm especially when its not warranted
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2011
OMG: guess we v gotten more fresh air than we bargained for. Whats dis guy talkn abt? Y cant he be a david, a joshua, a solomon, a gideon, a j boy frm ghana, a mandela of south africa? Gosh is dis guy ok? So the best approach is to sit and watch those whom u claim to knw kill more nigerians and u come to tell nigerians u aint a golliate or a nebucardnezer or a general? Na wa o, c d kain opata wey my president dey yarn! Was he high on something b4 cracking those jokes inside the comic church service. Y does dis guy always weep up sentiments in practically everything abt our national issue. Im glad atleast he knws what most nigerians are saying abt him that he is a weak guy.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by agitator: 10:30am On Sep 26, 2011
i said it before, this man can't even bail water from Abuja angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by agitator: 10:34am On Sep 26, 2011
let gboko harem, dayokanu, oyb continue to make nigeria ungovernable for him.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

dayokanu & oyb should bomb aso rock wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by doctokwus: 10:34am On Sep 26, 2011
D part I dnt like is him saying he's commended by d presidents of US,South Africa and Gabon.
U.S has always had its strategic interests,has he 4gotten dis same U.S suported Saddam Hussein,Hosni Mubarack of Egypt,evn Ghaddafi to some extent til d bubble burst?
As for S Africa and Gabon,I wudnt sincerely b proud as a nigerian pres to b supported by d current presidents of dose 2,no nation shd evn b proud of dem
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Jarus(m): 10:38am On Sep 26, 2011
We are not asking you to be a lion, General, Goliath, Pharaoh or king, what we want from you is a to be firm and assertive and wear a presidential needed to tackle the monstrous state of things in this country.

When you were contesting, you told us you can do everything, Mr President.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by pinkrex(m): 10:43am On Sep 26, 2011
doctokwus:

D part I dnt like is him saying he's commended by d presidents of US,South Africa and Gabon.
U.S has always had its strategic interests,has he 4gotten dis same U.S suported Saddam Hussein,Hosni Mubarack of Egypt,evn Ghaddafi to some extent til d bubble burst?
As for S Africa and Gabon,I wudnt sincerely b proud as a nigerian pres to b supported by d current presidents of dose 2,no nation shd evn b proud of dem

Exactly my disappointment in his whole speech.

How can he appraise his competence by words from foreign nations undecided

He hasn't even gotten a pass mark from his Aso rock yet the worlds of Obama satisfies his incompetence undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 10:50am On Sep 26, 2011
All we want this clown to do is take charge and do his freeking job.

We don't Obama and you are to unintelligent and incompetent to be Obama, you are not even a lion or tiger, all we need is a decisive and competent man to look after the needs of 150 million Nigerians.

Unfortunately, this sad man is indirectly telling us he's not up to par, these are the ramblings of a sad and naive man with serious lack of self confidence and low self esteem.

Poor Nigerians and lousy leaders,
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by victorazy(m): 10:52am On Sep 26, 2011
Must dis guy b Lion or Pharoa, what about being Mandela? Who protected its citizens. This guy is a muuu! I wonder how he got his degrees from, in that village?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by noblegas2(m): 10:57am On Sep 26, 2011
doctokwus:

Spot on!

@ Topic,

Oh GEJ, then why dont you just do the needful and STEP DOWN! since you are not a Lion/Tiger/Goliath/Pharaoh/King. For example, if you are being called the WORLD BEST FOOTBALLER, you are expected to score from every angle! a President should be a leader! so if you knwo you are not up to the task, kindly do us that favour and hang your boot! for cying out loud, didnt he think about the hardships he might undergo as a president before he went on National TV and screamed transformation?

Hmmmm, a breath of Fresh
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Demdem(m): 10:58am On Sep 26, 2011
werepeLeri:

Prove wetin?  grin grin grin grin grin
The Retardeen himself knows he has critics and he was actually responding to his critics. We are humans also and we expect not too much but the below:

Jarus:

We are not asking you to be a lion, General, Goliath, Pharaoh or king, what we want from you is a to be firm and assertive and wear a presidential mien.

When you were contesting, you told us you can do everything, Mr President.  shocked shocked shocked shocked

He is not God though.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Kx: 10:59am On Sep 26, 2011
Can someone kindly tell me the positives, if any , of this speech?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by pinkrex(m): 11:01am On Sep 26, 2011
noble_gas1:

Spot on!

@ Topic,

Oh GEJ, then why dont you just do the needful and STEP DOWN! since you are not a Lion/Tiger/Goliath/Pharaoh/King. For example, if you are being called the WORLD BEST FOOTBALLER, you are expected to score from every angle! a President should be a leader! so if you knwo you are not up to the task, kindly do us that favour and hang your boot! for cying out loud, didnt he think about the hardships he might undergo as a president before he went on National TV and screamed transformation?

Hmmmm, a breath of Fresh

WOW @ the bolded. You really expect this man to be everything o shocked undecided
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by beejay12: 11:02am On Sep 26, 2011
this jonathan is a big foooooooooooooooool cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry crygod help us ooooo sad ;d
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Demdem(m): 11:02am On Sep 26, 2011
Kx:

Can someone kindly tell me the positives, if any , of this speech?
The only positive i see from his speech is that he has accepted his incompetence and asked Nigerians to simply understand that he is just there for 4yrs after which he will leave our mess for us.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 11:12am On Sep 26, 2011
“When Obama spoke during the Security Council meeting outside the General Assembly, he commended Nigeria, but back home, we are being abused. When the President of South Africa and Gabon spoke, they commended Nigeria, but here, we are not being appreciated.

Mogbe!!! lmao.

What's there to thank or commend these clowns for?

For looting, stealing and institutionalized corruption?

For protecting and preventing Nigerians from getting blown to pieces everyday?

For getting us out of darkness?

For giving us health care and sound education?

For solving our unemployment issues?

Just what?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by werepeLeri: 11:14am On Sep 26, 2011
noble_gas1:

Spot on!

@ Topic,

Hmmmm, a breath of Fresh

Another social critic joins the fold. LOL

If it was the ACN thief in Lagos that made these statement, he would be a patriot today.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Demdem(m): 11:15am On Sep 26, 2011
@ Eko ILE

U are not even appreciative. At least we now  have above 4000MW we can boast of now grin grin grin grin
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by KAYD007(m): 11:15am On Sep 26, 2011
angry

nansense! he must be speaking from the  "ANUS" of his brain angry

How can he come out to declare is total lack of competence for the JOB, ?.Chei! shocked shocked
and he did that with gleeful abandon angry

To be a successful ruler, he must combine the character of a lion and that of a fox,

He must roar & be bold as a lion where  need be,  and be cunning  as fox were applicable!

Here is a an alleged or suppose leader, totally devoid of this intrinsic  features that makes
a successful  leadership as far as politics is concerned.

HELP!!! GEJ IS A THREAT TO NATIONAL SECURITY!!
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by pinkrex(m): 11:19am On Sep 26, 2011
Demdem:

@ Eko ILE

U are not even appreciative. At least we now  have above 4000MW we can boast of now grin grin grin grin

Wetin? Na only Ikoyi don dey get regular power supply o grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Eko Ile:

Mogbe!!! lmao.

What's there to thank or commend these clowns for?

For looting, stealing and institutionalized corruption?

For protecting and preventing Nigerians from getting blown to pieces everyday?

For getting us out of darkness?

For giving us health care and sound education?

For solving our unemployment issues?

Just what?

Lets appreciate hsi incompetence na grin grin grin grin grin
werepeLeri:

If it was the ACN thief in Lagos that made these statement, he would be a patriot today.

Yes na. . . . . , . . the notion is that PDP are the only thieves in Nigeria undecided
KAYD007:

angry

nansense! he must be speaking from the  "ANUS" of his brain angry

How can he come out to declare is total lack of competence for the JOB, ?.Chei! shocked shocked
and he did that with gleeful abandon angry

To be a successful ruler, he must combine the character of a lion and that of a fox,

He must roar & be bold as a lion where  need be,  and be cunning  as fox were applicable!

Here is a an alleged or suppose leader, totally devoid of this intrinsic  features that makes
a successful  leadership as far as politics is concerned.

HELP!!! GEJ IS A THREAT TO NATIONAL SECURITY!!

Bros easy na. . . , , , . , . . you are a threat to NL peace o grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by nagoma(m): 11:20am On Sep 26, 2011
@welepeLeri [
quote]
Another empty talk.

This is becoming extremely hilarious. Can you make a speech of just 6 lines and address it to Nigerians and lets compare?

Just 6 lines - ok? And dont give me that crap of I am not the President, so I cant make a speech rant.

We are waiting to see if you will make any sense.

I will take up your challenge. I dont need any speech writers or editors or years of experience and I am not competing with the president , I respect him too much as my president no way do I have anything close to his knowledge or experience. But you welepeLeri , I will take on your challenge!
Fellow citizens of our great country Nigeria I salute you and all protocols observed. My speech today will be delivered in only 6 sent
sentences as werepeLeri requested.

1. Since my I first stepped into the Aso villa and even before then when I was the position of leadership in Bayelsa I always had the security of this country in my mind, it s sad that we have to reach the stage we are in now, but over the last 18 months, with the active support of our security and intelligence services we have identified fully and with  evidence the suspects causing insecurity in the land and a trial by a panel of 12 senior judges commences tomorrow, some of the suspects have been respectable Nigerians and we must not jump to any conclusions but give every one a chance to be tried by our law, no one found guilty  will be spared in our determination to build a secure Nigeria.
2. With regard to corruption the Nigeria police intelligence unit under my instruction have completed the investigations of  intelligence some present and past office holders and 25 former governors and 10 former ministers and 17 current former perm-secs and company CEOs will be prosecuted stating from the first week of October; the exercise continues and the citizens of our great nation are all r encouraged to bring to our notice any form of corrupt practice within the government or outside the government and as you are aware I have declared nmy assets as required by the law of our country and will declare again when I am leavinf office as a mark of responsibility and respect for the rule of law and for Nigeria,
3. My third sentence is about our power supply which had so far defied solution; I am pleased to inform you that we have concluded and agreement of a 30months partnership with the South Korean government and people to provide hands on technical support for Nigeria with the 3 year objective of ---megawatts generating and distribution capacity of uninterrupted electric power to every part of Nigeria, and to do this Nigerians will have to be good hosts to 20000 Korean technical staff who will stay here and work with us for the next 30months and 10 percent of them will remain to establish sustainability among our renewed work force, the cost of this will be shared by a budgetary allocation and the soft loan from 3 international funding organizations.
4. The fourth sentence as you may have guessed is on employment which should improve through our power generating and distribution policy above but also specific agricultural transformation through state and LGA based free enterprise coporate farms with government encouragement; together with our new policy of ensuring that all our police force is manned by well trained  post NYSC graduates as the lowest level , the corporate farms will provide enticing opportunities for the disbanded police who will be encouraged to invest their substantial benefit into the government supported agricultural transformation and thir training will cover technical and marketing aspects of agriculture and this will be a first step and the ministers of youth and Agriculture and police affairs will in due course provide the details of this integrated national transformation with reference to their portfolios.
5. Although my government has carefully worked with experts in mapping out and now implementing the party’s transformation policy , I will speak on more issues in the coming week as my colleague and friend WelepeLeri wants me to stop at 6sentences today; I will mention transport and the new network of rail system planned for Nigeria and as a 10 year plan I will consider it medium term and also capital intensive but necessary for development and essential for achieving our development goals; unfortunately the funds for such gigantic project of 50,000 km of rail lines and monorail across the length and breadth of Nigeria requires private capital and therefore private management at least for the 10 years after the completion of work and the details will again be given by the minister of transport.
6. The last sentence today could be on education, on health ,or even on sports or women affairs, these are all very important to me and to the country and I will take them one after the other giving you the plan and even more important the progress on implementation; our aim is transformation of Nigeria into a  developed country owned by proud , honest and hardworking  citizens who love their country and love each other and have a unity of purpose – to make Nigeria even greater. God bless you all.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by werepeLeri: 11:22am On Sep 26, 2011
^^^^^

You dont even know the difference between six lines and six statements.

Shame - just like your other social critics.

and that just means, you talk just for nothing sake.

6 lines, and you dont know what it means.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by mekaboy(m): 11:22am On Sep 26, 2011
NLANDERS YOU AE BECOMING WORSE THAN BOKO HARAM, EVERYDAY WE PRAY LET GOD EXPOSE THE ENEMIES OF NIGERIA, NOW GEJ IS SAYING THE SAME THING INSTEAD OF YOU GUYS TO SAY AMEN TO THAT UNA START ATTACK. U GUYS WANT THIS MAN TO COMMIT SUICIDE TO BE HAPPY.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by hamdana: 11:22am On Sep 26, 2011
Our President does not have any clue of what he is doing. anyway we hope that a miracle happens and he finally realizes that he is our leader and he has an obligation towards ensuring peace and security, employment and generally improving the lives of Nigerian. I just hope that our President's vision for this country is not as messed up as his speeches.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by noblegas2(m): 11:22am On Sep 26, 2011
werepeLeri:

No! please do not get me wrong! for example, Fashola is the governor of Lagos state, are/have you been to lagos recently? at least there are signs that there is a governor there. Now do you see that GEJ should be jailed for making this statement? or better stil, he can declare himself as Incapacitated!!!
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by ric123: 11:23am On Sep 26, 2011
At the end of GEJ's tenure he would make Shagari look like a statesman and he would definitely get the award of Nigeria's dumbest President.
What a waste of South South slot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Approves Construction Of ₦21 Billion 14-Bed Space Presidential Clinic / Herdsmen Kill Lazarus Agai, Plateau Monarch And His Driver / Foreign Reserves Rise To $30.5B As CBN Targets $40B Before Year End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.