Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ (18461 Views)

If Buhari Wants To Be A Pharaoh, He Will Find A Moses In Me – Asari Dokubo / EXPLOSIVE!!! If Buhari Wants To Be A Pharaoh…then He Will Find - Asare Dokubo / Prophecy: The Next President Of Nigeria Is Going To Be A General (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by dokkyelele(f): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2011

[size=13pt]Jonathan slams critics of his style, government[/size]

President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday chided critics of his style and government, accusing them of trying to force him to act in ways that were contrary to his nature.

The President also noted that while he was condemned at home, he was celebrated outside the shores of the country.

“Some Nigerians still want the President of this country to be a lion or a tiger; somebody that has the kind of strength, force and agility to make things happen the way they think.

“I don’t need to be a lion, I don’t need to be Nebuchadnezzar, I don’t need to operate like the Pharaoh of Egypt, and I don’t need to be an army general. I can change this country without those traits,” he said.

Jonathan spoke at an inter-denominational service to mark the nation’s 51st independence anniversary at the National Christian Centre, Abuja on Sunday.

At least 10 people died during the 50th Independence anniversary in Abuja, last year, when twin bomb explosions went off near the Eagle Square venue of the event in Abuja.

The incidences of bombing have grown since then with the Islamic violent sect, Boko Haram, prosecuting a campaign of bombing against the Federal Government. Analysts and critics of the government have expressed worries at what they considered the failure of the Federal Government to take decisive actions to tackle the worsening insecurity in the country.

The President, who read the second reading during the service, described such critics as Nigerians who wanted a leader who would rule with impunity.

He said, “Some others will want the President to operate like an Army general, like my Chief of Army Staff commanding his troops. Incidentally, I am not a lion; I am also not a general.

“Somebody will want the President to operate like the Kings of Syria, Babylon, Egypt, and the Pharaoh-all powerful people that you read about in the Bible. They want the President to operate that way, unfortunately, I am not one of those.

“But God knows why I am here, even though I don’t have any of those attributes, or those kinds of characters I have used as an example. But through your prayers, God placed me here. The only thing I ask you to do for me, and that is the prayer I pray every time, is for God to use me to change this country.”

The President said there were forces that were bent on frustrating his administration, adding that these enemies must be dealt with for the nation to move forward.

“There are Goliaths everywhere; very terrible Goliaths, the ones that can even kill their father, their mother and even their children in order to stop government. And they are willing to do it. So, we have these terrible Goliaths that are trying to frustrate us, but surely with God we will conquer them.

“Every Goliath has an exposed forehead; all the Goliaths that are stumbling blocks to the development and growth of this country, God will expose their foreheads for the stone of David,” he declared.

The President urged Christians to continue to pray for his administration as there are many people, especially politicians who do not want the government to make any “meaningful progress.”

Specifically, he asked Nigerians to pray that God should use him to change the country.

The President, who appeared to be concerned about recent criticisms of his government, chided Nigerians for criticising him, while world leaders such as President Barak Obama and others kept commending him.

He said, “You know, these days, for you to be an intellectual and for people to listen to you, you have to abuse government. Somebody was asking, is Nigeria on auto pilot? Meaning a plane without a pilot, and I say Nigeria is being piloted by God himself,

“I just returned from the United Nations General Assembly in the US. (Barak) Obama, when he spoke, commended Nigeria, but back home we are being abused. When we had the Security Council meeting outside the General Assembly, Nigeria was commended, but here we are being abused.

“When the Presidents of South Africa, Gabon spoke they commended Nigeria but here we are not being appreciated. But what I can assure you is that Nigeria is on course and with your prayers and guidance of God, we will surely get to the destination we are going.”
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109260425115

I am not a Military Man, Not a Lion or Barack Obama. These are the words of the First Citizen of Nigeria.

I beg make una help use pray for the Nigerian President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
He is really furstrated and worried about the situation of oh in Nigeria now.
Thanking you as you post your prayer for Nigeria.

kayodeogundamisi..com/2011/09/goodluck-jonathan-goes-gaga-in.html?spref=tw&m=1
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 25, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan Goes Gaga In Independence Day Church Service! "I am not a General"

In what appears to be an emotional speech during the Inter-denominational service to mark Nigeria's 51st Independence Anniversary, at the National Christian Centre, Abuja, today, Sunday 25th September 2011. The speech is a direct transcript without editing from President Goodluck Jonathan’s Speech.

It is a rare inroad into the President’s state of mind as it was devoid of the usually carefully scripted speech made by the President. We may be dealing with a President under Siege.

[b]I am not a General but I will change Nigeria - A Speech by Goodluck Jonathan President of Nigeria.

I thank you for prayers because it is because of it we are even seeing what we are seeing today. You have been praying for us and my request is for you to continue to pray for the government.

You have been praying for us but others will not even want us to move an inch especially those of us who are politicians. But one prayer I will continue to request because if you listen to Nigerians ore read their statement, some Nigerians sill want the President of this country to be a lion or a tiger, somebody that has that kind of strength and force and agility to make things happen the way they think. Some others will want the President to operate like an army general like my Chief of Army Staff commanding his troop. Incidentally, I am not a lion; I am not also a general.

Somebody will want the president to operate like the Kings of Syria, Babylon, Egypt, the pharaoh all powerful people that you read about in the Bible, they want the president to operate that way, the characters of the Goliath, unfortunately I am not one of those.

But God knows why I am here even though I don't have any of those attributes, or those kinds of characters I have used as an example. But through your prayers God placed me here. The only thing I ask you to do for me and that is the prayer I pray every time, is for God to use me to change this country.

I don't need to be a lion, I don't need to be Nebuchadnezzar, I don't need to operate like the Pharaoh of Egypt, I don't need to be an army general but I can change this country without those traits.

You know these days for you to be an intellectual and for people to listen to you, you have to abuse government. Somebody was asking, is Nigeria on an auto pilot? Meaning a plane without a pilot and I say Nigeria is being piloted by God himself.

There is no pilot no matter how many hours you have flown your aircraft and get to your destination if God wants you to stop half way God is in charge and God will take us to our destination.

Is not going to be easy but with God using you and us we will get to where we want to go.

I just got back from the US, the President of America is like the president of the world because is the most powerful country. In most cases if you go for UN General Assembly, if you are to speak immediately after the US President then you are in trouble. Immediately he speaks about two third of the hall will leave because everybody wants to listen to the President of America.

Obama when he spoke commended Nigeria but back home we are being abused. When we had the Security Council meeting outside the General Assembly but here we are being abused. When the President of South Africa, Gabon spoke they commended Nigeria but here we are not being appreciated. But what I can assure you is that Nigeria is on course and with your prayers and guidance of God we will surely get to the destination we are going.

Is not going to be easy because just like Rev. Yusuf Turaki said they are Goliaths everywhere, very very terrible Goliaths, the ones that can even kill their father and mother and even their children in other to stop government are willing to do it. So we have these terrible Goliaths that are trying to frustrate but surely with God we will conquer them.

I remember one of the sermons Pastor Ayo gave here, he said every Goliath has an exposed forehead, all the Goliaths that are stumbling blocks to the development and growth of this country, God will exposed their heads for the stone of David.

Brothers and Sisters we are celebrating Nigeria at 51 after the independence but as a baton we are 97 years old because Nigeria was amalgamated in 1914, in 2014 we will celebrate the centenary, our 100 years of existence, we will do a big ceremony. Today, we are celebrating 51 years of independence, definitely Nigeria is moving and with your prayers and God's guidance we all get to where we want to go. Jesus is Lord[/b]

so exactly what was he saying? where is beaf to translate this incoherent vote God for president diatribe?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by r231(m): 9:32pm On Sep 25, 2011
undecided
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by dayokanu(m): 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2011
Retardeed rants from Retardeeen
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by werepeLeri: 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2011
Good talk.

"You know these days for you to be an intellectual and for people to listen to you, you have to abuse government."

Like he said - in Nigeria- to remain relevant - you have to abuse government.

Just like on Nairaland, to be seen to have some iota of sense, you spend your time abusing government and calling those in government names. And if you dont spend time abusing government, they call you government apologists and contract seekers.

Well done sir.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by mystikal(m): 10:53pm On Sep 25, 2011
If God is piloting Nigeria like he claims, not sure He is doing a very good job
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by chima2011: 11:01pm On Sep 25, 2011
cry cry cry

I almost want to cry for the man. He didn't envisage it was going to be like this
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EvilBrain1(m): 11:42pm On Sep 25, 2011
Brothers and Sisters we are celebrating Nigeria at 51 after the independence but as a baton we are 97 years old because Nigeria was amalgamated in 1914, in 2014 we will celebrate the centenary, our 100 years of existence, we will do a big ceremony. Today, we are celebrating 51 years of independence, definitely Nigeria is moving and with your prayers and God's guidance we all get to where we want to go. Jesus is Lord

This is all I got from all the jargon's GEJ is quoted to have said. If he spent N10 billion on common 50th anniversary, how many billions is he planning to waste on the "big ceremony" in 2014? How many schools and hospitals are not going to get built because of that celebration?

I wonder what Dame (Dr.) Patience will the sharing to the crowds then, Gold?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 26, 2011
I am not a General but I will change Nigeria a Speech by Goodluck Jonathan President of Nigeria.

I thank you for prayers because it is because of it we are even seeing what we are seeing today. You have been praying for us and my request is for you to continue to pray for the government.

boko haram, kerosene scarcity, kidnapping galore , nec failure - abeg who are these people praying to? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by ayinba1(f): 1:12am On Sep 26, 2011
We are in big trouble, can the dude just always read from a paper instead? Barack Obama? Lion? what's next?

" I am not real, just a mirage! Hang in there Nigerians and keep praying till 2015 or 2017"
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by werepeLeri: 1:48am On Sep 26, 2011
Haters never disappoint -

When he reads from a script - they say, why cant he just talk without a script. Some people go die because of GEJ.

LOL
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by koruji(m): 1:53am On Sep 26, 2011
@Beaf
How now? Na you dey there cool cool cool

werepeLeri:

Haters never disappoint -
When he reads from a script - they say, why cant he just talk without a script. Some people go die because of GEJ.
LOL
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by arsenefc: 2:24am On Sep 26, 2011
Why all these God, God,God crapppppp

The president is confused, too confused to lead a nation.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Jeboy(m): 5:02am On Sep 26, 2011
d greatest achievement some ppl will make here in there life if they re not careful is being a petty critic & pessimist!pls grow up.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Jeboy(m): 5:13am On Sep 26, 2011
must u comment in every thread 2 show dat u re a petty critic cum pessimist,abi una no dey tire?Pls grow up frm bad-bellism, u know yourselves
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 5:18am On Sep 26, 2011
Is this naive and feeble minded man really the president of Nigeria or even any country?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 26, 2011
Obama when he spoke commended Nigeria but back home we are being abused. When we had the Security Council meeting outside the General Assembly but here we are being abused. When the President of South Africa, Gabon spoke they commended Nigeria but here we are not being appreciated. But what I can assure you is that Nigeria is on course and with your prayers and guidance of God we will surely get to the destination we are going.

ode. its called politics. even as your predecessors were squandering money all over the place , they were still being commended. just keep th oil flowing and the americans dont really care what you do - as citing presidents of SA and gabon - are you really proud of being celebrated by a sit tight ruler and a rapist who believes showers cure aids?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by arsenefc: 6:00am On Sep 26, 2011
^^^

Take it easy. You dont hit a man when he is down.

He is really hurting, as you can see
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by emmaukpai: 6:09am On Sep 26, 2011
U can check ur admission status through: jamb.org.ng gud luck.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by dayokanu(m): 6:28am On Sep 26, 2011
We had presidents who thought Abacha was doing a good job
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 26, 2011
arsenefc:

^^^

Take it easy. You dont hit a man when he is down.

He is really hurting, as you can see

the whiner should stfu - obama gets roasted all the time. is he not the 'nigerian obama' - what with his ghost written wind of hope book?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Pukkah: 7:24am On Sep 26, 2011
I'm a bit embarrassed as a Nigerian that this kind of incoherent, drab and disjointed piece emanated from the President, Mr Goodluck Jonathan, PhD.

Is this man's mind able to think clearly and cut through clutter?  Is he self-motivated and fast-paced?  Is he aware of his job description or even the man spec for the job? Is he determined to make a visible difference?  Is he energizing the populace and giving them leadership?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by werepeLeri: 7:27am On Sep 26, 2011
Pukkah:

I'm a bit embarrassed as a Nigerian that this kind of incoherent, drab and disjointed piece emanated from the President, Mr Goodluck Jonathan, PhD.

Is this man's mind able to think clearly and cut through clutter?  Is he self-motivated and fast-paced?  Is he aware of his job description or even the man spec for the job? Is he determined to make a visible difference?  Is he energizing the populace and giving them leadership?

You have only been able to show that you just talk without making any sense yourself. LOL

Which part of the speech are you faulting? Of course none. Just a blind talk out of hatred.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Demdem(m): 7:33am On Sep 26, 2011
Of cos we know u arent any of these. Instead you are The Retardeen Ebele Odetichukwu
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Pukkah: 7:35am On Sep 26, 2011
dokkyelele:

The President, who appeared to be concerned about recent criticisms of his government, chided Nigerians for criticising him, while world leaders such as President Barak Obama and others kept commending him.

Who voted him in?  Are Obama and those other world leaders Nigerians?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by mobf: 7:37am On Sep 26, 2011
werepeLeri:

You have only been able to show that you just talk without making any sense yourself. LOL

Which part of the speech are you faulting? Of course none. Just a blind talk out of hatred.

And you are just an Ass kisser.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Pukkah: 7:39am On Sep 26, 2011
werepeLeri:

Ignored. There's no point dignifying lapdogs, who take advantage of this anonymous forum to be uncouth to anyone with a dissenting opinion, with any response.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by werepeLeri: 7:39am On Sep 26, 2011
mobf:

And you are just an Bottom kisser.

Kiddo - try listen when your teacher teaches you the English Language.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by werepeLeri: 7:41am On Sep 26, 2011
LOL

Ignored. Because there is no sense to be made. Lapdogs. EEEyahhhhh. All because of GEJ.

Up Presido.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Demdem(m): 7:41am On Sep 26, 2011
Pukkah:

Who voted him in?  Are Obama and those other world leaders Nigerians?

It honestly shows where their loyalties lies. They dont give a damn about the citizenry
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by mobf: 7:42am On Sep 26, 2011
werepeLeri:

Kiddo - try listen when your teacher teaches you the English Language.
Guess what amigo, you were saved by NL,
two faced fk!
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by werepeLeri: 7:47am On Sep 26, 2011
You still got four more years to cry on Nairaland. Some will die along the way, some will make it. Four years is so long to spend crying and whining and hating. Why not give it up for your own health and well being? Four years is too long a time to hate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators / FG Meets Investor Of Modular Refinery Project In Gbaramatu Kingdom / Jonathan Govt Incurs N5trn Domestic Debt In Five Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.