Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,376 members, 7,843,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ (18496 Views)

If Buhari Wants To Be A Pharaoh, He Will Find A Moses In Me – Asari Dokubo / EXPLOSIVE!!! If Buhari Wants To Be A Pharaoh…then He Will Find - Asare Dokubo / Prophecy: The Next President Of Nigeria Is Going To Be A General (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 26, 2011
you shld have heard them finishing the man in smooth fms call in this morning

see what happens when reuben is not around

daft man - brimming with confidence after the false applause during his un speech and prolly a little sapele water , he put his foot in it again
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by publisher(m): 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2011
^^^^^^cant remember when 'smooth fm' became a yardstick of assessing the views of Nigerians. Apparently,it is the online community that has turned Mr President's church sermon up side down. Anyways,obviously Buhari and Atiku's supporters are still very bitter and active,any opportunity to run down GEJ will be relished. There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with GEJ's speech. A serving Nigerian governor branded himself as the SERVANT LEADER and the press loved it. Abeg Free Mr President! The shallow minded'ness of some of his critiques are his biggest problems. They should and WILL be ignored. cool
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by PointB: 9:28pm On Sep 26, 2011
publisher:

[size=13pt]THE BIGGEST MUMUS HERE ARE THE NAIRALANDERS WHO CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND 'THE POLITICS OF HUMILITY'.
ABACHA was a Lion of Judah,and warrior,what did he do for you? He killed Ken Saro Wiwa.
BABANGIDA was a General,a pharoh,King,what did he do for you? He annulled June 12.
GEJ is now coming to tell some of you EEEEEEEEEdiots on Nairaland that he is not a RULER but a LEADER,yet some of you are busy displaying your conquered egos and absence of common sense on this Forum.
OBASANJO clearly displayed ALL the above SUPERMAN leadership qualities some of you are asking GEJ to adopt,yet many phucking mooorons on NL still insult baba OBJ.Accusing him of destroying Odi amongst other crimes.
The REAL leaders are the ones who humble themselves in spite of the powers at their disposal,and carry the sane segments of their citizens along.
Ride on GEJ,thank God most of your critiques on this fora will never smell even the gutters of Aso rock,their greatest acheivement will only be using faceless avatars to post rubbish on Nairaland convincing themselves that they are relevant.

May God bless Naija and give our leaders the wisdom to put in their best.[/size]

Abeg tell them oo.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by mrofficial(m): 9:40pm On Sep 26, 2011
I don't recognise GEJ as a president or Nigerian president.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by publisher(m): 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2011
Posted by: mr.official
Insert Quote

I don't recognise GEJ as a president or Nigerian president.

LOL,GEJ doesnt even know that you exist. grin grin
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by mrofficial(m): 10:07pm On Sep 26, 2011
^^^ Well, I don't care about that too. His bad governance is affecting me, so he should quit. And if it goes the other way round, he should stay.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by newdeal(m): 10:31pm On Sep 26, 2011
I think Mr President and his handlers should learn to talk less and work more.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by tunnytox(m): 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2011
Why can't he act like Josiah?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by sizzlers(m): 11:14pm On Sep 26, 2011
ok maybe He is DAVID
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by ojdollars(m): 11:52pm On Sep 26, 2011
publisher:

[size=13pt]THE BIGGEST MUMUS HERE ARE THE NAIRALANDERS WHO CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND 'THE POLITICS OF HUMILITY'.
ABACHA was a Lion of Judah,and warrior,what did he do for you? He killed Ken Saro Wiwa.
BABANGIDA was a General,a pharoh,King,what did he do for you? He annulled June 12.
GEJ is now coming to tell some of you EEEEEEEEEdiots on Nairaland that he is not a RULER but a LEADER,yet some of you are busy displaying your conquered egos and absence of common sense on this Forum.
OBASANJO clearly displayed ALL the above SUPERMAN leadership qualities some of you are asking GEJ to adopt,yet many phucking mooorons on NL still insult baba OBJ.Accusing him of destroying Odi amongst other crimes.
The REAL leaders are the ones who humble themselves in spite of the powers at their disposal,and carry the sane segments of their citizens along.
Ride on GEJ,thank God most of your critiques on this fora will never smell even the gutters of Aso rock,their greatest acheivement will only be using faceless avatars to post rubbish on Nairaland convincing themselves that they are relevant.

May God bless Naija and give our leaders the wisdom to put in their best.[/size]

@publisher , In fact you have said it all. Most people that commented on this thread are usually not conversant with their bible. I was humbled when I read Daniel 5 : 1 - end yesterday and even all of the book of Daniel. You would see what being a God fearing leader means. Thanks my broda
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Kobojunkie: 12:17am On Sep 27, 2011
publisher:

This is why I say that the religion claimed by most Nigerians is religion of mumu-nity! What sort of mumu logic be this?

Abacha, lion of judah? Obasanjo Pharaoh?  AARRRRRGGHHH  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  Is this dude an example of the youths to save this nation??  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

P.S. Jonathan is the one who came riding in as Obama of Nigeria . . . .Go back and review his campaign videos and postings, and maybe educate yourself before coming on here with the ramblings above next time.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Beaf: 1:03am On Sep 27, 2011
oyb: so exactly what was he saying? where is beaf to translate this incoherent vote God for president diatribe?

Since you cannot understand simple English and need my help, here goes:

GEJ gave a sermon in a church service, during which he and  the congregation that God poured out their hearts in prayer for the upliftment of Nigeria. In his humbleness, GEJ stated that he does not have the thug-like qualities Nigerians like demand in the mistaken belief that shouting, throwing stones and insults are a mark of intellect and leadership, rather he is a civilising force that can bring change without recourse to the dictatorial and wicked ways of our past rulers and their hoards of unwashed, feral disciples.

What do you expect the President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, gentleman and academic to say in church, in the presence of God?
Where you expecting the President to utter words like; "amadioha soda my enemies anus, sopona bend their left leg and dims their right eye?"
You guy's seriously lack civilisation (thank goodness that is part of GEJ's Fresh Air package). Whether you like it or not, jungle style politics is being banished for good, dude you'll have to learn to bath and perfume up. Dig? grin

Thankfully, the President is not a baboon like you, sir. When will you get tired of this childish foolishness? Nigerians are beginning to experience things they previously thought impossible, there have been no fuel shortages, there have been dramatic improvements in electricity supply, oil is being metered for the first time in Nigeria's history, Nigeria is also able to service oil rigs locally for the first time in our history etc etc etc. These are things the gorrilla's, bushmen and fools that are your examples of good leadership could not achieve during their years of ra'pe, brigandage and bare-faced theft (things you call "strong leadership"wink.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by naijaking1: 1:04am On Sep 27, 2011
All you demented GEJ critics who have carried unconstructive critiscm to a new abyssmal low, just think what you said when the guy recognized the so-called Libyan rebels; your complaint: he acted without thinking. The reality: today most African countries follow suit, yes follow GEJ and his policies.
For over 20 years, Nigeria electricity infrastructure has been vandalized, destroyed, and mismanaged by a group of "strong men", today, almost every Nigerian attest to a significant improvement in power supply.
Yes, if you have never seen a speech of humulity, yet based on dogged determination, filled with aspiration and hope for the common man, don't be disappointed, it's a new era grin
You're so used to authoritarian rules, regimes, and speeches, you couldn't even identify a remarkable speech of inspiration if you see or hear one embarassed
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by pkv(m): 1:17am On Sep 27, 2011
naijaking1:

All you demented GEJ critics who have carried unconstructive critiscm to a new abyssmal low, just think what you said when the guy recognized the so-called Libyan rebels; your complaint: he acted without thinking. The reality: today most African countries follow suit, yes follow GEJ and his policies.
For over 20 years, Nigeria electricity infrastructure has been vandalized, destroyed, and mismanaged by a group of "strong men", today, almost every Nigerian attest to a significant improvement in power supply.
Yes, if you have never seen a speech of humulity, yet based on dogged determination, filled with aspiration and hope for the common man, don't be disappointed, it's a new era grin
You're so used to authoritarian rules, regimes, and speeches, you couldn't even identify a remarkable speech of inspiration if you see or hear one embarassed
hmm!some pple get temper o!e neva reach dat level ore
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by naijaking1: 1:44am On Sep 27, 2011
pkv:

hmm!some pple get temper o!e neva reach dat level ore

Not a question of temper cool
There are chronic critics of everything GEJ does or doesn't do. Some of them have not accepted the results of the last election, some them reversebly refer to him derogatory terms, and of of course the rest turn a blind eye to every positive achievement of his office. However, we can't be fooled.
Democracy means constructive criticsm and challange of the people in power, but it's not about criminally maligning the person we have elected to rule us.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 1:55am On Sep 27, 2011
I no get shoe, So? Poverty and lack of basics is still pervasive in Nigeria

I no get school bag, Big deal, many didn't have school bags and many still don't have any

I no be general, Even though I control the generals because I'm their boss

I no be lion, Must you align yourself with an animal?

I no be Obama, Like duhh. You are too unintelligent to be even compared with Obama

But one thing you are is a weak man, incompetent mumu and a needless waste of time,

Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Beaf: 2:11am On Sep 27, 2011
^
Your pain will go away when your lord and master, the frog-like thief, Tinubu is safely locked away in Gashua. A man known for having a family name that can be traced to. . . Nowhere! A man indicted for drug running, a serial forger with "certificates" from the "University of Toronto."

Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 2:21am On Sep 27, 2011
Be assertive, Sagay, CD, CPC tell Jonathan
By Olusola Fabiyi and Olamilekan Lartey
Tuesday, 27 Sep 2011

Prominent Nigerians and groups on Monday took a swipe at President Goodluck Jonathan over his defence of his style of governance.

An opposition party, the Congress for Progressive Change, and the Campaign for Democracy, said that the President should be assertive in handling the affairs of the country.

An expert in constitutional law, Prof Itsay Sagay, SAN, also said that Jonathan’s statement on Sunday had potrayed him as a weak President.

During an inter-denominational service to mark the country’s 51st independence anniversary at the National Christian Centre, Abuja, over the weekend, the President had chided critics of his style and government.

The President had said, “Some Nigerians still want the President of this country to be a lion or a tiger; somebody that has the kind of strength, force and agility to make things happen the way they think.”

Okei-Odumakin said that the President must go beyond prayers and take actions that would move the country forward.

She stated, “People are dying and our President is making reference to biblical allusion. I am disappointed and angry. He should sit up. People paid for this democracy with their blood.”

“He said he is not a general. Yet, he is the commander-in-chief of the armed forces. Which rank is higher than that in the military?”

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109274231664
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by pingpong1: 2:22am On Sep 27, 2011
Beaf:

^
Your pain will go away when your lord and master, the frog-like thief, Tinubu is safely locked away in Gashua. A man known for having a family name that can be traced to. . . Nowhere! A man indicted for drug running, a serial forger with "certificates" from the "University of Toronto."

Bland
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 2:25am On Sep 27, 2011
Why is this president fast becoming a national joke?
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Beaf: 2:27am On Sep 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

Why is this president fast becoming a national joke?

Lol! Is the reason, because you are the follower of a thief, drug pusher, conman and fraudster? grin
Yet, you monsters wouldn't allow GEJ worship his God in peace?

Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 2:28am On Sep 27, 2011
ping pong:

Bland

He was ignored for a reason.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 2:32am On Sep 27, 2011
For crying out loud, Pres.Jonathan needs to realize that he is the COMMANDER – IN- CHIEF of the Armed Forces and NOT an ordained Arch. Bishop of the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

http://imostate.blog.com/2011/08/26/pres-goodluck-jonathan-may-be-too-weak-to-govern-nigeria/
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 2:40am On Sep 27, 2011
We saw this coming, but we ignored warning signals,

“Babangida is like a father to me, even in my days as a deputy governor and later as governor of Bayelsa State, I used to consult him. So when it came to the option that I might contest with him, I was very weak, but God knows why and God interpreted it and we never contested the primary.”

http://www.republicreport.com/i-dreaded-contesting-against-ibb-jonathan/
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by naijaking1: 2:42am On Sep 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

http://imostate.blog.com/2011/08/26/pres-goodluck-jonathan-may-be-too-weak-to-govern-nigeria/

With all due respect, is the author Joi John male or female
With all those fake wig, it's so hard to tell.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Nobody: 2:44am On Sep 27, 2011
www.nairaland.com/attachments/534430_clinton_jonathan_jpg0298f0e26c8c482fc2a22186e59c289e

Actually, it looks like Clinton was trying to feel on our president. Like husband like wife.  Bianca and Patience better get read to fight/defend their man o cheesy
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 2:48am On Sep 27, 2011
naijaking1:

With all due respect, is the author Joi John male or female
With all those fake wig, it's so hard to tell.

Like they say, little things bugs shallow minds,
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Beaf: 2:51am On Sep 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

Like they say, little things bugs shallow minds,

Lol! Dude, I really don't know why, but I always picture you in my mind as unhappy. Maybe even, short, pot-bellied, with yellow eyes and quite monkey-like.

Allow the President to pray to his maker. That is what respect for God and decorum demand.
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 3:04am On Sep 27, 2011
Undiplomatic Patience Jonathan Muscles Her Way, Bullying And Disrespecting Jonathan At JFK, US–Reports

Sources say it is undiplomatic to rush ahead of her husband rather than wait and stand-by-the-side of Goodluck Jonathan.

Political commentators and pundits say the handlers should be blamed for the lapse.

“She ought to have waited for her husband to lead the way, not ambush and lead the UN-Summit. Obviously, she hijacked Jonathan’s role as head of the family and President of the nation on international front—at best she could have stayed home, rather than this egocentricism”, a UN diplomat who heard about the JFK incident, reacted.   

Mrs. Patience Jonathan was caught on tape dashing off the Presidential jet which she followed with handshakes. She could have at best respectfully and professionally waited her husband in person of President Goodluck Jonathan.

“Rushing ahead and shaking-hands with Nigeria diplomatic TEAM and foreign diplomats while the president was still struggling to get-off of the plane speaks volume’, an eyewitness who declined to give his name fumed.

According to observers at the airport disclosed to RepublicReport that Mrs. Jonathan demonstrated that she is: “untrained, half-educated, lacked manners, disrespectful and exceptionally bullies her husband, President Jonathan into public shame.

http://www.republicreport.com/undiplomatic-patience-jonathan-muscles-her-way-bullying-and-disrespecting-jonathan-at-jfk-us-reports/

Just look at the man. Looking like he was lost and clueless, even too weak to train his uncultured village wife,

These clowns are indeed National and International embarrassment,
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by Beaf: 3:12am On Sep 27, 2011
^
So you cannot even defend the FACT that the frog-like thief Tinubu is a criminal who is heading a gang of marauding robbers? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Instead, you are here mouthing the usual inanities and disrespecting the President supplications to God and words to sharers of his faith. Na wa o!
Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 3:35am On Sep 27, 2011

When the Presidents of South Africa, Gabon spoke they commended Nigeria but here we are not being appreciated. But what I can assure you is that Nigeria is on course and with your prayers and guidance of God, we will surely get to the destination we are going.”
Did GEJ seriously expect a UN meeting to transform into a critique of his (mal)administration?

To which Kayode Adebayo retorted in a Nigeria forum: The US President or the Secretary General of the UN would not criticize you, Jonathan. They would commend you. That is diplomacy. But the Nigerian people have the right to criticize you, when their lives and properties are no longer secure, after you swore to protect and the defend Nigeria. When the Nigerian Immigration Service could not detect and arrest Nigerien and Libyans entering the country, but they could detect and arrest fellow Nigerians coming back from Libya to Nigeria through the same border. When terrorists like Tishau have freedom to walk and talk to the media and the Security Chiefs still have their jobs, that is the problem, Jonathan!

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8279:president-jonathan-is-not-nebuchadnezar-senacherib-pharaoh-or-an-army-general-his-name-is-simply-goodluck&catid=36:pointblank

Re: I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ by EkoIle1: 3:38am On Sep 27, 2011
"Nigerians are yet to see him govern. What with rampant insecurity?

What with economy that is at perpetual low ebb with no sign whatsoever of rising, by way of creating better living for the populace, creating jobs, and putting money in the pockets of Nigerians. What with crooks and freeloaders hanging about government and making away with sumptuous stash of our commonwealth.

"What with unpassable roads, dilapidated bridges, perpetual darkness, unexistent healthcare system, lack of water and life and living basics, with no visible goverment non-chalance about these.

"Does Jonathan need 48 or 58 or 68 laws of power to understand these needs so as to go to work on them? Does Jonathan need to dorn khaki upon khaki, and become an infantry captain to see the afore deficiencies and to address them?

"Does Jonathan need pressure to wake up in the morning and to know that he has to have breakfast, if not, lunch, or dinner? Could Jonathan put to use such basic human understanding or knowledge of need to wake up in the morning, the need for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and jump on basic needs of the country the lack of which keeps most Nigerians still at the mammalian state. Jonathan only need be a human being to govern".

Finally I ask you, our dear president: How about sacking the kleptomaniac Inspector General of Police, for example?

BTW, the last time I checked, the president of Nigeria is still the country's head of state and commander-in-chief of its armed forces. Effectively transforming him not into just a General, but a Field Marshal!
http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8279:president-jonathan-is-not-nebuchadnezar-senacherib-pharaoh-or-an-army-general-his-name-is-simply-goodluck&catid=36:pointblank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful / Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) / Governors Pass Vote Of Confidence On Adeosun And Udoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.