Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1276011 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamateniola1: 9:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hello @fruitfulmum how are you. Congrats on the birth of your baby. I sent you a mail m still waiting for your reply.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hello everyone, I would like to connect with those cycling with me (feb to march 2015). Am presently on pregnacare conception,planning to get COq10. Likely using lily fertility centre warri. The lord is our strength and we shall all testify soon ijn
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2014
@fellybabe, not at all. To answer your question, yes I have PCOS, no I don't have any saved embryos, I'll be doing a fresh cycle hopefully in march.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 10, 2014
Thank you all for your meaningful contributions. Will accept aspirin.

@Henmaris. So sorry about your fever. Not too happy it happened. But God dey OK. Still praise Him.

faithfulwife:
@fellybabe, not at all. To answer your question, yes I have PCOS, no I don't have any saved embryos, I'll be doing a fresh cycle hopefully in march.

Read somewhere that those with Pcos has high rust of ohss. Eat loads of beans before the procedure and drink water.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 5:33am On Nov 11, 2014
Thanks a lot olubankemi, will keep that in mind. Apart from omega3, what other drug can I take to prepare my body before IVF proper.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Glo2Glory(f): 7:24am On Nov 11, 2014
@Ebube and Fruitfulmum thanks for ur response n Amen.
@ all it is well wit us.
fertility blessings!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmommy1: 9:06am On Nov 11, 2014
henmaris:
[color=#006600][/color]
My dear I took decapeptyl (a form of lupron) for 3months and in the last week of the third month I started stimulation.I stimulated for 12days.Unfortunately I have bad news,my cycle has been cancelled. The retrieval could not be done because this morning I had a sudden high fever 40+.Feeling down now,why today.But I know the God I serve had a reason for everything.till January before I will begin another cycle because my clinic is closed in December.God have mercy

Hey dear it is well with u! U shall testify soon.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by beauty4ashes: 12:31pm On Nov 11, 2014
@moma2,i read from ur previous post that u used shepherd for ur previous ivf.i wud like to know what their success rate is and how much they charge and ur general experience wit using them cos i was actually tinking of using them in feb next yr... @all,Greetings to the house.Lets never forget that our God liveth and he will make us all rejoice this eleventh month,Amen.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 4:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
Please eh, why is it that when you say u want to undergo IVF, people just fall short of calling you an atheiest. Some say u do not have faith. Others say ah ah how long have u waited? Some people will say reject adeno!
Its very annoying. On top my matter when de worry me, people go still dub me faithless

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Akpaumuaka: 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2014
@LadyG...forget dem jare!Some people ttc want to do IVF but lack the funds,no mind them.If God didn't want it He wouldn't allow it to be discovered.Allow peace that comes from God reign in u.Success and fertility blessings.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
@lady.G., someone told me something like that. They will say just be patient, its just time, haba! how long have u stayed. They will start telling you a story of someone that has stayed for 20yrs before God blessed her, they may not even know if the person did ivf or not. My fellow ttc sisters have adviced I keep shut and don't tell anyone what you are planning ivf even ones parent if possible na make they just see belle and be dazed. It is well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
@mamateniola1 I have responded to ur mail so sorry it took a while
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 7:08pm On Nov 11, 2014
Triple post
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 7:08pm On Nov 11, 2014
Tripple post
@faithfulwife first and fore most prayer and faith is one of the drugs I used.

Infact I followed the ttc thread I read a whole lot their
1. Royal jelly
2.bee propolis
3.vitamin c
4.cq10
5.bee pollen
6.pharmaton matruelle in place of pregnancare
7.extra folic acid
8.extra omega 3 oil by forever

All the above we're before the procedure immediately I started down regulation I stopped just continued on pharmaton matruelle folic acid the m2tone given to me nd aspirin

After embie trf I took things easy took walnut nd pineapple core and a lot of fasting nd prayers.

infact I was smelling like a pharmacy I was swallowing as much 15tablet per dose no be small but at the end God proved himsef mighty.

Pls seek ur doctors opinion on this oo cos I told my doctor and he said it doesn't matter that so many people with different believ that they are all good not bad atall.

It is well with u ijn.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2014
VENUSS:
@lady.G., someone told me something like that. They will say just be patient, its just time, haba! how long have u stayed. They will start telling you a story of someone that has stayed for 20yrs before God blessed her, they may not even know if the person did ivf or not. My fellow ttc sisters have adviced I keep shut and don't tell anyone what you are planning ivf even ones parent if possible na make they just see belle and be dazed. It is well.
How u take know? People can like to quote Sarah for me. Sarah born at 90. One woman dedicated triplets at rccg camp at 60.
Please is that what I want? At 70 and my kids will be 10? I mosdef cannot preempt God nor forget that without Him , even if I do IVF in the best clinic, it won't work.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mytestimony: 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
LadyGuinivere:
Please eh, why is it that when you say u want to undergo IVF, people just fall short of calling you an atheiest. Some say u do not have faith. Others say ah ah how long have u waited? Some people will say reject adeno!
Its very annoying. On top my matter when de worry me, people go still dub me faithless

I would suggest you dont even tell people you want to undergo IVF. Seriously its not their business. The less people know about you the better. Some so called friends would act like they care and they sympathise. All na wash.
Also not everyone wishes you well. To me even your best friend should not know. Just my thoughts oh.

9 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by beauty4ashes: 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2014
@LadyG,my sister,no mind dem o.one of my senior friends was telling me that i'm not patient and how she had to wait till her 12th year in marriage befor God answered her so i should relax and believe God.she said those who do ivf dont believe in God.my sister,as i'v learnt from this thread and the ttc,the ivf shouldnt be discussed with evrybody.dh and i both agreed to keep it btwn us.even my close friends sef wudnt no cos they are giving birth naturally and are strongly opposed to what they feel is 'wasting of money'. I have also learnt that its not evrybody we should tell things like this to so as not to get discouraged by any1. God will definitely smile on us soonest and we shall share our testimonies shortly.Baby dust to us all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
ok
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 8:44am On Nov 12, 2014
@Lady G, as if you know what my sister inlaw told me. She said I should wait on God and that she views IVF as trying to help God. Anyway, I am not disturbed by what men say. Lady G just pray and hear from God.

People can be hurtful especially when they have not walked in that shoes. I went for a cousins birthday after a failed IUI procedure, my aunt saw me and was worried about the way I looked cos I lost about 12kg in preparation for the procedure. She kept asking if I was sick and all. You know once you lose weight in Nigeria, HIV is the number 1 suspect.

So as to stop her questions, I told her I lost weight to prepare for IUI but unfortunately it failed. Next she started laughing at me, she brought out her tongue (the ntoiiiiiii thing) Said it is good for me. That I want to help God right, I should keep wasting money. I was very hurt initially but when I remembered I owe no man explanations, I just brushed her words aside.

God will surely make us all smile in Jesus name.

Sorry for my epistle.

Please who has done ivf at national hospital Abuja? I heard it is cheap. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by lioha(f): 11:13am On Nov 12, 2014
please i will want to know if any one was place on vasopring during pregnancy and how long the person took it? This is because the hospital i did ivf is very far from me so i decided to register for antenatal in another hospital. i found it very reluctant to tell them i conceived through ivf. Though before i left the ivf clinic, i was told to continue with the vasopring but i don't know for how long.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 11:22am On Nov 12, 2014
Fruitfulmum:

@faithfulwife first and fore most prayer and faith is one of the drugs I used.

Infact I followed the ttc thread I read a whole lot their
1. Royal jelly
2.bee propolis
3.vitamin c
4.cq10
5.bee pollen
6.pharmaton matruelle in place of pregnancare
7.extra folic acid
8.extra omega 3 oil by forever

All the above we're before the procedure immediately I started down regulation I stopped just continued on pharmaton matruelle folic acid the m2tone given to me nd aspirin

After embie trf I took things easy took walnut nd pineapple core and a lot of fasting nd prayers.

infact I was smelling like a pharmacy I was swallowing as much 15tablet per dose no be small but at the end God proved himsef mighty.

Pls seek ur doctors opinion on this oo cos I told my doctor and he said it doesn't matter that so many people with different believ that they are all good not bad atall.

It is well with u ijn.

Thanks a lot fruitfulmum, you've been very helpful.
@LadyG, I've learnt to keep my ivf struggles to myself because no one will ever understand what I am going through except me. Some churches even kick against ivf but my dear, I don't let it bother me, if God says that is the way I can achieve pregnancy, then who am I to say no. My God will answer us speedily in Jesus Name. Amen.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Wehnby: 11:48am On Nov 12, 2014
LadyGuinivere:
@aifygod, sunshyn and toluwee . A copy of Jackie Mize's supernatural childbirth in your inbox

Good morning, pls I'll like to have a copy of d ebook (wumzie311@yahoo.com) thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 11:59am On Nov 12, 2014
@lioha, some people take uptil 30+wks. But call your clinic to confirm. @itissetteled , I had 2 failed at national hospital. But have well seen some people that got success form national hospital. So they are fair on the average.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
[quote author=Itissettled3 post=27939750]@Lady G, as if you know what my sister inlaw told me. She said I should wait on God and that she views IVF as trying to help God. Anyway, I am not disturbed by what men say. Lady G just pray and hear from God.

People can be hurtful especially when they have not walked in that shoes. I went for a cousins birthday after a failed IUI procedure, my aunt saw me and was worried about the way I looked cos I lost about 12kg in preparation for the procedure. She kept asking if I was sick and all. You know once you lose weight in Nigeria, HIV is the number 1 suspect.

So as to stop her questions, I told her I lost weight to prepare for IUI but unfortunately it failed. Next she started laughing at me, she brought out her tongue (the ntoiiiiiii thing) Said it is good for me. That I want to help God right, I should keep wasting money. I was very hurt initially but when I remembered I owe no man explanations, I just brushed her words aside.

God will surely make us all smile in Jesus name.

Sorry for my epistle.

Please who has done ivf at national hospital Abuja? I heard it is cheap. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you. [quoIVFdqd

@itissettled, u try o. I cannot even tell my blood sisters, not to talk of my sister-in-law, because they can never understand no matter how hard you try to explain to them.
As regards teaching hospitals for ivf, I would advise you to be wary. They are usually very cheap but not thorough. I am speaking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
Thanks sis.
Please how much was it?

VENUSS:
@lioha, some people take uptil 30+wks. But call your clinic to confirm. @itissetteled , I had 2 failed at national hospital. But have well seen some people that got success form national hospital. So they are fair on the average.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by modaofnations(f): 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
Double post

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by modaofnations(f): 2:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
@LadyG; my sister, if ivf is lack of faith, abi impatience or trying 2 help God, then taking drugs 4 malaria, highBP, or any act of surgery is equally trying 2 help God cos dey cud just wait patiently & beliv 4 healing. What about leaving a fractured bone 2 heal itself or giving birth at home like d hebrew woman. Ask dem 4 me why dey vaccinate newborn babies against measles, meningitis, polio etc; dey shud reject those diseases with words na & kip baby at home wen sick. Wat about dose putting on glasses 2 read; dey shud be patient & wait 4 dir vision 2 bcome clearer aftaall God neva created glasses. Just as ivf is an INTERVENTION or a VEHICLE 2 aid/assist a condition, so also drugs & other modern inventions. Let dem wear leaves as dat is wat was provided 4 Adam& Eve or trek/enter donkey 2 American, afterall Aeroplane is helping God 2 transport u 2 ur destination faster dan necessary abi? My dear, Iliteracy is d Word. A Prof in d dept of Agric at ABU Zaria divorced wife 4 giving birth to 8 girls; if an Educated man can be dis Naïve, hw much more... Pls if u need more answers 4 dem, halla me 4 more! Don't just kip quiet biko!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kingsdaughter: 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
"He's turned my mourning
Into dancing again
He's lifted my sorrows
I can't stay silent
I must sing
For His joy has come'

To our God who continues to do wonders;
The one who in the midst of all the troubles of the Egyptians and the Red sea brought the Isrealites forth;
Our Jehovah Victor the one who has never lost a battle.
The One who shames the enemy just when they think they have suceeded;
Our Healer, Our help, Our Strength our only hope when we have given up;
The Sun of Righteousness who arises with healing in His wings.
The only ONE that makes all things beautiful in His time

(And before I forget the One who all the Paymasters report to and call Lord The One who does not belong to any Cabal grin )

The wait is over, after over 5 years of ttc I finally saw a second line confirming my BFP live. My very first ICSI cycle and God came through!
That road was very rough......... I had given up before the transfer. Severe OHSS came down immediately after EC. I almost lost my life infact I couldnt even care less about the transfer. I just wanted to be well. Very long story........for another day. I just wanted to appreciate God today and not dwell on what I had been through.

@Itissettled I cant thank you enough. You were keeping a tab on my like I was next door even though we just started talking 2 weeks before the whole procedure. May He grant the desires of your heart

@inwangobio ....You kept encouraging me even on my sick bed. Here is my testimony. Your generals have inspired alot of us. May God continue to bless you!

@Blendy...Thanks for keeping a tab on this thread and encouraging everyone despite oppositions

@latestmummy Thanks for your encouragement

I tapped into @fruitfulmama' s testimony with all assurance, Mumof4 got the baton before me.

Oya who is taking the baton next? Itissettled3 I know that God has settled you already, Oluwabankemi, safe06, LadyGuniverse, faithfulwife, modaofnations and every precious mother-to-be on this thread. God will surely answer you, and He is visiting you right now. He is never late!!!

16 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
My dear @kingsdaughter, your testimony brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations once more.

Amen to your prayers for me. I receive it in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Glo2Glory(f): 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2014
Congratulations @kingsdaughter. Jehovah overdo be thou exalted

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Glo2Glory(f): 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
Double post

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.