Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:50 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1328019 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 12:31pm On Apr 19, 2013
salsera:
Our babies are here! Congrats believer84!!!
Are they identical? Oh this is such great news oooh!. Seems you have handed over the baton to inwangobio for triplets, and I wonder who inwangobio will handover the next triplets on this thread. grin grin
Trust me,i have a very long list of people we have already handed over the baton in the spirit to: Oviasouth, Nogen, Gimnaeto, Abibyy, T-wallpapers,Mostmerciful, and the rest of my sisters too numerous to mention,(as many as who desire it), God is faithful to do it. Pls keep the faith alive.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bucacious: 12:47pm On Apr 19, 2013
Waoh! Praise God! Believers84,congrats ooo. Sooo happy for u and the 3 angels. @blendy, tell us boys that there babes are here oo grin. God is soo great.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by subzidi: 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2013
Wowzaaaa!! A big congrats to you Beliver84. As the Lord did for you so he shall do for all of us on this thread and on TTC thread! I pray that God provides the funds for any couple that desires this but cannot afford it! I listened to a program yesterday evening on "sharing life issues" with Wana-Wana on Inspiration FM Lagos. A guest was invited to talk about her ttc journey+ivf as she happened to be the first woman to have done it in Nigeria. She ended up with a twin boy/girl and they are both 13years now. Based on that, she and a couple of people of same interest opened an NGO named ASPIRE where they offer phsychological and financial support to couples that require them. You can call Inspiration FM to get the details. May God bless all our baby hustle with bfp!! For those in tww i wish you a fat red BFP, those stimming the Lord is your strength. AS for yours truely i'm thinking of going for short cycle antagonistic protocol(SP) since i did not respond well to long protocol(LP) as i learnt SP is easier on the body!
Shallom
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by olivia3d: 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
believer84: And so fruitful mums/dads the name of our lord be praised.I welcomed my precious triplets(all girls) a few days back at 36weeks.I can't tank God enough cos it still appears sureal to me.God is truly alive!
our God is a Fantastic God! Congrats @believer84! I key into this blessing and receive it in Jesus name! God will continue to bless these angels and their parents will never lack d resources to take good care of them. God has done it for us all!

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Angelic25(f): 3:25pm On Apr 19, 2013
Yes my God is faithful @ belivers congrate to your bundle of joy.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Gimnaeto: 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
@ belivers God is indeed faithful, am so happy 4 u, to God be de Glory,thoes kids will make u proud.@ inwangobio tanx 4 handing ova de batton off triplet 2 me, I no it done in jesus name Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Chi16(f): 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2013
@believer84...congrats. our God is ever faithful. ur Angels are blessed. they sha bring joy nd happines to u. they sha b the best among there mate. keep on rejoicing my darling. abeg kis ur babies for me.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by phewme(f): 6:09am On Apr 20, 2013
@believers84.... Congrats dear.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by arisolama: 10:15am On Apr 20, 2013
@HoneyB Congrats o!May God who started this miracle go with you all the way and bring it to a perfect delivery IJN.Congrats again,I tap into the blessing as I will be comencing my first cycle next week.
@Pikin mama pls what are the dos and donts and food to eat as I'm starting my first cycle next week.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by PRETTYMOMMA: 2:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
@believer my dearest sister....congrats o! I am so happy for you...wow!!!!!!!!!!!
this is great news!
D Lord is indeed good.
And it seems like only few weeks ago you announced your bfp.....
Thank God for your pregnancy journey,your safe delivery and your multiple blessings.
I claim it for all......those waiting for the manifestation of God's blessing, those waiting for the day of harvest and those who are trying again.
May God give u d strength and direction to raise them aright IJMN....AMEN!
(((Huggggsss)))
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 20, 2013
@believer84 congrats o. The Almighty will make them the best among the best. I tap into this miracle too
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 6:41pm On Apr 20, 2013
believer84: And so fruitful mums/dads the name of our lord be praised.I welcomed my precious triplets(all girls) a few days back at 36weeks.I can't tank God enough cos it still appears sureal to me.God is truly alive!

congrats dear,am so happy for u,may they be a source of joy to you and their entire generation.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bucacious: 9:38pm On Apr 20, 2013
Eeh! Didn't get to see dis post ooo! I am on my downregulation now and will start stimms nxt wk. I aint plannin to put back less than 4 embryos!I live in lag oo and am doing my ivf here.pls I so apologise to whomeva I might av offended.
tanidabi: @ everyone thank you so much for your outpouring of love,i will still see my Doc today to decide on the way forward.I have done three tests between sunday and this morning and it's till negative.
@ Bucacious i do appreciate your concern,this was my first cycle and i feel so emotionally drained already but i have so much support from nairaland and hubby so am taking it easy,you obviously do not leave in Nigeria,am trying to look for the right words to say.Let me speak for myself,am aware that 4embies does not necessarily mean 4 babbies or 6 or 8 and i also know that more embies does not mean positive preg but madam,Nigeria is not as updated as UK,US or SA,so i do not even think ESET is good in Naija,i hear the FET done is Nigeria is slow freezing and not vitrification so that's a problem already,for me,i have the option of going abroad for my treatment but it will cost me extra which i can save up for but my greatest challenge is the time for the treatment i have only 4weeks leave in a year and i know ivf is at least 6weeks and sis i need my job to fund money for treatment,it's such a silly rollercoaster but in Nigeria am not sure there's any insurance co that pays for fertility so i do not blame anyone that even decides to put back 4 or more than .Nobody prays to keep money in the bank for IVF ,as dangerous as it is people have taken their chances and have multiples,if i get preggo with multiple i will leave Naija at 20weeks,that's my plan so it's our choice but Nigeria is not ready for Eset and by the way i met an FS in maryland USA last year that as a matter of policy implants 4 embies with Assisted Hatching sef and when i asked her why she said it's expensive and people should have value for their money.Drugs alone in the US cost as much as $8000 or is to cheaper,i must have sent mails to like 15 ivf clicins in the us and uk before i started on this journey so my dear am sure you offended one or two people but as far as ttc is concerned the experience itself is hurtful so no yawa.In the mean time i would appreciate if you can PM me on dketubah@gmail.com maybe we can talk further.
Does anyone know anyone who got preggo naturally or even with IVF with PCOS,i spoke with a nurse who walks with Diff Abuja and she said to me that the prob with pco is that you have loads of dead eggs,i do not know what that means o,anyway am seeing my doc today for a final test and then discuss way forward.i love you all and all this will never be in vain

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Praise247: 9:48am On Apr 21, 2013
Just bumped into this amazing trend after roaming endlessly on foreign forums for the last one month. Never knew there are trends like this on NL of people that speak my kind of food language; relate to the spiritual level as I do. I'll try and read back to relate to you all.
I just came out of 2ww after DEIVF with a negative yesterday. So heartbroken and cant even think straight. Second failure in 6months. I prayed, fasted and hoped that it will work this time...anyway God knows the best. The only thing that rings in my brain now is adoption. 7 years of back and forth has not been fun.
I pray that God will grant everyone of you your heart desires.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 11:01am On Apr 21, 2013
salsera:
Our babies are here! Congrats believer84!!!
Are they identical? Oh this is such great news oooh!. Seems you have handed over the baton to inwangobio for triplets, and I wonder who inwangobio will handover the next triplets on this thread. grin grin
Am tempted to say the baton will be handed over to me but...... Mehn. God let your will be done.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 11:09am On Apr 21, 2013
Praise247: Just bumped into this amazing trend after roaming endlessly on foreign forums for the last one month. Never knew there are trends like this on NL of people that speak my kind of food language; relate to the spiritual level as I do. I'll try and read back to relate to you all.
I just came out of 2ww after DEIVF with a negative yesterday. So heartbroken and cant even think straight. Second failure in 6months. I prayed, fasted and hoped that it will work this time...anyway God knows the best. The only thing that rings in my brain now is adoption. 7 years of back and forth has not been fun.
I pray that God will grant everyone of you your heart desires.
Oh dear so sorry n words are not enough. Most of us on here have been there and we know exactly how you feel. As you said God knws best.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 21, 2013
Thanks y'all as many dat desire triplets may God grant it unto u.But,eh,I wish u strength,strength and God's grace,lol.@Salsera,no dey'rent identical
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by CharisJaden2013: 2:00pm On Apr 21, 2013
Congratulations @Believer, the Good Lord bless and keep them IJN. @ Praise 247, it is well my sister. Don't give up. The Lord will come through for you very soon, just keep beliving and trusting Him. Delay is not denial. @ Iwangobio, thank you for your encouragement. Hope madam and the triplets are doing great. Baby dust to all the fruitful mothers and fathers in d house. Have a blessed a fruitful week
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2013
hello evreryone i believe we're all doing great,@inwangobio u re really doing a great job may God bless u nd how is your wife nd the triplets i believe they kicking,wishing her a stress free pregnancy and may she deliver safely by Gods grace amen. @blendy i believe our boys re doing great,much love to them. @those of us that av got our bfp am wishing u all a stress free nine month. @to those who re on their cycle,sending u lots of sticky vibes can't wait to hear all ur good news @the rest of us i pray the lord answer all our prayer nd we shall all be blessed with beatiful children soon.@afm our second cycle failed again last month and doctor said i av hydrosalpinx that we should av the tube remove if i want to av a sucessful pregnancy with ivf but we re so confused now as removing the tube mean we can't try naturally again,my ppl its not been easy and my marriage will be five yrs in three months am so confused now,though av decided to take a break for now nd i wont stop trying naturally until we decided what to do about the hydro. all the best to everyone.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by peace5050: 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2013
@blendy77, i am silent follower of your views and comment, me and my wife have been TTC for 3years, we were considering IVF/ICSI however we are looking at SA. but the overall cost is really high as regards flights etc, though the process is cheaper over there, but now we are considering using DR emeka,we were hoping we can get a good bargain. i just wanted u to share your experience. if you do not mind and feel comfortable please send ur number to juwon7765@yahoo.co.uk or preferable do me a mail. i just want to get details please.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Praise247: 5:58am On Apr 22, 2013
@ Believer congrats. I'm so tapping into the anointing for triplets. Father I know you'll grant me my heart desires. Thanks all for your kind words.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 11:05am On Apr 22, 2013
@peace 5050 welcome on board,am sure you will learn loads from blendy.I used Emeka too ,though it did not work but if my husband as difficult as he is can like Emeka then you are good to go Budget at least NGN1mm,he charged me 960k but i paid extra for anesthesia cos i refused to be put to sleep cos of a previous cardiac arrest episode.Emeka is ok,i am thinking of SA too cos it comes to abt 700k but that does not include the tlts and accommodation and accomodation in SA is expensive,my attitude is with Ivf u can get preggo even in the most incompetent hospital .All the best.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 11:10am On Apr 22, 2013
Abibby we are good. Just the stress involved in managing 2 men. E no easy but we thank God cos I can't complain now. Still on Mat leave so managing the stress gradually.

@Peace5050, the total cost of doing ivf in South Africa is not so different from what is obtainable here if u have the time including ur air tickets except of course accommodation. If u're looking at burning 1m here in Naija, Capetown fertility centre will charge u like 600-700k for the procedure and drugs, and 200-250 will pay ur both return tickets leaving out accommodation and feeding. I'll forward the cost analysis they sent to me when I considered using them. I think with 1m-1.2m, u're good to go. And the good thg about SA is that freezing of embies is very cheap compared to Naija likewise their success rate, also they will arrange u do all ur tests here and forward the results to them so u don't stay more that 2-3wks in all.
Dr Emeka is good but of late most Nlanders have been having BFN so really don't know what to make of it. I know its God that gives but then if there are better and cheaper places where u're sure of a BFP, my brother go for it. Will forward the ivf price package and analysis to ur box later cos I can't access it on my fon now. My love to ur wife and baby dusts to all still in His waiting room.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by peace5050: 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
@blendy77 and tanidabi thanks for ur advice.
but sincerely i need some directions here really confused.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
I received this email today and thought I should share with us to encourage somebody. When this lady (Mrs X) contacted me after reading our posts on this thread, few months later she travelled down to Naija to have the ivf done and I begged her to share her story on NL just to encourage others. Here's her mail, as u read, join us in thanking God for removing one more woman from His waiting room:

Re: am so happy for you
Mon, Apr 22, 2013 5:33 AM PDT

View full HTML message

Mama Twins,

How are you,together with the twins? hope the stress is not much?

Have been trying to register to nairaland but have not been able due to email problem.Seems I have got loads of different email address for different activities,  which I instructed all my systems to remember both the address and the password,and they all have my name or initials  attached to it,so opening of another email account has not been easy for me.

Anyway,my hubby will soon  find time to help me rectify the problem.

Meanwhile,it is my Joy to inform you  that am now pregnant  with twins after years of Childlessness,while I still pray that He who started this good work will perfect it to the end.

My love and kind regards to all Nairalanders.

Take care of yourself,the twins,their daddy and other members of the family.

Lots of Love

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Gimnaeto: 6:13am On Apr 23, 2013
Gudmonin my own ppl, blendy pls I want 2 ask a qus. Pls during ur 2ww did u no u were preg b/4 de test, wat were ur experiences during dat tym. I no am drawing u back pls I nid de information pls.@ inwagobio pls if u can remember ur wife's own pls share wit us too. Tanx and God bless u all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 6:58am On Apr 23, 2013
@Blendy tanx for dat post its so inspiring,pls if i may ask what hispital did she use.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by peace5050: 7:31am On Apr 23, 2013
@blendy77
@all

please someone informed me of a process over the weekend, it has to do with the use of herbs,the person who told me said that the cost is about 900 to 1M, the first installment is 120k for initial treatment and diagnostics, then after conception u pay the rest, but there some things that sound strange to me honestly people i need your advice am torn between IVF in SA and HERBAL stuff. the person who informed men is a pastor he said he prayed that his spirit is clear. men i need some advice people .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by safe06: 7:46am On Apr 23, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]@peace5050,hi,I smell scam here,once u pay that #120k,forget it,imagine dem scamming 20 clients in a month(d person don hammer b that na),what kind of herb does the person want to use sef that Ȋ̝̊̅§ costing between #780-#880?which kain herb be dat?even if the person Ȋ̝̊̅§ travelling to afghanistan to buy the herb,the money still too plenty. Pls face ur medical nd spiritual process,God will answer ur prayers. Amin.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by peace5050: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2013
@safe

well let me also state that the person who told me is my neighbor, his was waiting too and praying infact
his a pastor, at first he says he was not cool with it and he prayed and his spirit is clear. well people i
need advice and need you input.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 8:47am On Apr 23, 2013
Peace5050; when u mentioned 900k-1m, I actually tot u were refering to the cost of ivf. My brother spiritual waka as far as am concerned is not for sale. If u can afford to burn 1m, concentrate on ivf and also go for deliverance where its free. I know of mfm and other churches where they conduct deliverance free of charge if u think ur problem is spiritual. Don't use ur money to buy everlasting wahala for urself and family pls. All those pay 500k and u'll deliver in so so months is all scam. They end up giving u a child bought from where I don't know cos they know childless couples are usually desperate and can take anythg. Forget ur neighbor and do the right thing. We've discussed this issue extensively on previous pages of this thread.

Gimnato; I'll just advice u relax and concentrate on ur babieS. This 2wks wait comes with a lot of tricks. Its very psychological to feel very pregnant and also to feel as if AF is on its way. All 5 ivf I did, I saw all the signs of pregnacy and was confident it had clicked whereas the 6th one that I was indifferent to due to previous experience was what paid off so my Sister just relax and be praising God. Trust Him for answering ur prayers till u do the test. All the best as I join u in prayers.

Abibby is Georges Dr Emekus o! She saw my email address in one of my post and wrote me asking about the clinic, price etc. Funny thg is she's done this same ivf several times abroad, it didn't work so she travelled down and at first attempt here in Naija, she got a bfp. She didn't even stay in naija for the 2ww as she travelled back like 3days after transfer and called me when she tested positive. Yesterday they did scan and she discovered she's pregnant wt twins. This God ehn! I trust she will rectify her email issues soon and come to testify herself.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by peace5050: 9:24am On Apr 23, 2013
@blendy77

thanks a bunch, i am not going that route i am ticking to IVF, jeje i would have loved to use Dr emeka but the results are not very bright i guess.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (431) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.