Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm (16165 Views)

My Boyfriend Is Amazing.. Look At This Chat Between Us / How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by aribisala0(m): 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2011
@orinkila there is poverty true but a lot of it has to do with greed . must everyone have a laptop,blackberry and many of all these other luxuries.
there are so many people that compete foolishly with their peers and are willing to sell their bodies dance naked or even engage in public sex for politicians' entertainment
many have developed alcohol and other habits that are quite expensive and don't liberate them from poverty.  
it is true that many women do not have the same access to jobs that men have in an environment where there are no jobs but i am really diappointed when you see so called university undergrads/grads behaving this way, very few nigerian women think along the lines " how can I solve my problems" it is " what can i get a man to do for me in return for my toto"

funny thing is most of them lack stamina and can't really do.

shiorr
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2011
Classic aribisala. So solution proposed?
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by BABE3: 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2011
@ d ROC and Otunbakay--

I'm flattered. Tenks a lot.
smiley
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by muyoto: 7:19pm On Oct 23, 2011
its only a shameless girl that will collect money from her boyfriend to meet her basic needs.
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by aribisala0(m): 7:21pm On Oct 23, 2011
divine2043:

Classic aribisala. So solution proposed?
many girls feel too big to do some jobs e.g sales person work in eatery etc this is wrong.
also i don't have a problem with prostitution.

just stop pretending and draw up a business plan and target market,

but this problem is not just the man woman thing it is the naija mindset. if your brother/sister is doing well he should "help" you by giving you money and all kinds of luxuries.

here in europe people do not give out freebies like that you work for your own and if you can't get a job you sit down.

in nigeria you see a man with no job in a beer parlour living it up. and so a lot of young men turn to all sorts. there is poverty in togo,benin ghana etc why don't they kidnap and carry drugs like nigerians
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 23, 2011

If you don't want to be her ATM, then stop sleeping with her!

It is comments like this that re-inforce the plausible notion that prostitution is a core component of feminity. And explains why some of us hardly take them seriously. So the point is that you women don't enjoy sex for the sheer, car.n.a.l pleasure of it? So when you sleep with a man, it's a grievious inconvenience for you, and a 'favour' you're doing for the man. . .for which he has to compensate you in one way or the other, financially or materially? Yet most of ya'll would also yarn ballz about wanting a man that is good in bed! Imagine a pro.st, itu.te that a man PAYS to satisfy HIM, and yet she has the audacity to demand that HE must be capable of fu.c.k.in.g HER well! ! ! If you like the good Bleep, then why should you demand to be paid for receiving that which you like? Seriously, something must have gone wrong with Eve's creation. . .and it trickled down to every last one of her kind. But then most white/Asian women seem to have found a cure for that defect. Unfortunately, not so for most Nigerian/black women.
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 23, 2011
Yeah fully agree with you there. I think it is a mentality that people are brought up with. I have always underlined the importance of working to be independent.
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by aribisala0(m): 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2011
like i said earlier this is a thing of social class in nigeria not everyone is brought up this way and this is more common among karosin users
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 23, 2011
He he he Nice one pro01. But really, some posts here are funny. It is true that greed plays a huge role here.
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by Orikinla(m): 7:49pm On Oct 23, 2011
Na Condition make crayfish bend like C.

We have said it all.

Let us give the Naija babes some break.

Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2011
poverty is takin a toll on naija girls! they need our collective help! brodas, lets help them without further complains pls, who dey cry dey see road my pipo, it is well
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by martyns303(m): 7:53pm On Oct 23, 2011
Heard Brazilian wing is the new thing for them

Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by Jackieugo(f): 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2011
And yet when it's the other way around, these same guys will look down on their girls for having more money than them smh
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by muyoto: 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2011
@orinkinla,  we will, when they start deserving it.

with attitudes like this:

''Since you're forking me, I must get something in return, you must pay me. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm a LovePeddler.''

they don't.

I keep on saying it: girls don't need guys to debase them--they do an excellent job of it themselves.  sad
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by moHot(f): 8:55pm On Oct 23, 2011
muyoto:

@orinkinla, we will, when they start deserving it.

with attitudes like this:

''Since you're forking me, I must get something in return, you must pay me. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm a LovePeddler.''

they don't.

I keep on saying it: girls don't need guys to debase them--they do an excellent job of it themselves. sad

i agree with you on this, it is what you want as a lady that you get from men
I make bold to say that am an independent young woman, who have worked hard POSITIVELY THOUGH to get to where i am today and being born with a silver/diamond/no spoon at all has nothing to do with it.
Many women dream of getting married to a rich guy, what they have failed to realise is that their life/ their well being/the society which they may want to help will only revolve around that man's income it means they can't get things they love if the man does not have the means, HO MI GOD i shiver at the thought of that,
Let Adenuga toast me today,all i want from him is to show me how he made his dough,Let all girls start telling all those rich men to teach them how to fish instead of opening their legs to receive few fish, i rest my fingers!!
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2011
Lol. Most posts here are funny. Yes, i do agree, most girls demands, but not all girls, its also the same for guys.
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by monamarie(f): 9:29pm On Oct 23, 2011
i think so too, it's not right,because somebody is dating you doesn't mean he should now become responsible for you,
before you met him,were u not loading your phone ,making your hair and doing other things shocked lipsrsealed, so why depend on a guy ,just because he is your boyfriend undecided
i can't imagine myself asking my boyfriend to send me credit or give me money or even buy anything for me,
he must not do those things for you, he can do them occassionally, when he wants to, not because you asked grin
as a chick,try to be independent,and do your own thing, you don't have to depend on your boyfriend,
so i totally agree,your boyfriend is not your atm cool
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by jawjaw1: 9:42pm On Oct 23, 2011
moHot:

i agree with you on this, it is what you want as a lady that you get from men
I make bold to say that am an independent young woman, who have worked hard POSITIVELY THOUGH to get to where i am today and being born with a silver/diamond/no spoon at all has nothing to do with it.
Many women dream of getting married to a rich guy, what they have failed to realise is that their life/ their well being/the society which they may want to help will only revolve around that man's income it means they can't get things they love if the man does not have the means, HO MI GOD i shiver at the thought of that,
Let Adenuga toast me today,all i want from him is to show me how he made his dough,Let all girls start telling all those rich men to teach them how to fish instead of opening their legs to receive few fish, i rest my fingers!!

Ces't vrai mon ami!
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by Freesia(f): 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2011
If a man hasn't paid your bride price yet you shouldn't be demanding for money.Let him give it to you if he wants to.
A boyfriend will "assist" (because it's really not his duty) his girl where he feels the need, and if he doesn't give you cash, remind yourself you're in the r/ship with him because of who he is and NOT what he has (if it's a genuine r/ship)
Couples should make a point of depositing more into each others lives, if not one of you will always be overdrawn
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by moHot(f): 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2011
jaw jaw:

Ces't vrai mon ami!
smiley smiley
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by lucabrasi(m): 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2011
aribisala0:

better for you if you go to school and get a proper education
while i broadly agree with your submissions,however its not just kerosene girls as you have aptly put them who use men as atms,it is a state of mind common to african especially nigerian girls which transcends either class or background.i have dated nigerian girls in the uk who are supposedly well brought up from wealthy homes but do demand t mobile creds,nandos/chivita e.t.c,cinemas e.t.c for instance would you say a girl whose dad is the number 4 in a south western state in nail is a kerosene girl or a girl whose dad is a naval officer in charge of finance is a kerosene girl(in fact i had to refuse outright before i made my point with her)
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by seedord247(m): 11:19pm On Oct 23, 2011
If you spend your Money on your GF i don't it;s a problem it;s your wish not her and also she didn't force you.

Some guyz are so stingy. , if the girl did not ask they won't compensate her with any Gift.
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 24, 2011
seedord247:

If you spend your Money on your GF i don't it;s a problem it;s your wish not her and also she didn't force you.

Some guyz are so stingy. , if the girl did not ask they won't compensate her with any Gift.

Yes oo keep on paying ur girlfriend"s school fees and house rent and after her graduation if she dump u for their family pastor no come here start to dey cry ooo grin
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 24, 2011
divine2043:

Yeah, I think it's true Nigerian ladies need more empowerment.
True word.I have said this before.Nigerian women need to be empowered and self dependent like other women in other cultures and clime.I mean its quite embarrassing for a fully grown female adult to be demanding for money from a man for house rent and feeding money.Nigerian women need to be provided with jobs for them to take care of their daily needs.
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by seedord247(m): 12:10am On Oct 24, 2011
lefulefu:

Yes oo keep on paying your girlfriend"s school fees and house rent and after her graduation if she dump u for their family pastor no come here start to dey cry ooo grin

Na so you go dey rant . . . he better make you dey give girl money and dey control am rather make you dey for Ukraine dey lick girl punny early in

the morning just because of paper.
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by lockheed55(m): 12:59am On Oct 24, 2011
undecidedgeez, learnt some from naijaz, gatta go to bed now
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by Nobody: 2:42am On Oct 24, 2011
seedord247:

Na so you go dey rant . . . he better make you dey give girl money and dey control am rather make you dey for Ukraine dey lick girl punny early in

the morning just because of paper.
f na
LOOK sealord if na oyibo babe u want make u let me know.I fit control one blonde kele for u grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by danjohn: 3:59am On Oct 24, 2011
When I told my girlfriend that I am not her ATM, she told me that she is not my housegirl.
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by ace4luv69(m): 5:35am On Oct 24, 2011
make una tell dem make dem hear ;d
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by Wumine(f): 5:37am On Oct 24, 2011
@Topic:

, and your girlfriend is not your sp*rm bank nor maid!
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 24, 2011
Wumine:

@Topic:

, and your girlfriend is not your sp*rm bank nor maid!
see as dis one jus dey vex coz dem no giv am money grin
Re: Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Atm by Wumine(f): 6:18am On Oct 24, 2011
lefulefu:

see as dis one jus dey vex coz dem no giv am money grin

lol. . . . n guys dey vex for here say dem dey chop their money! its a give n take thing o. any guy that isnt ready to be atm isnt ready to av a girlfriend; n if he's lucky to av one, then no poking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Wore Body Paint Instead Of Clothes For A Day To See If Anyone Would Notice / Men Are Going Crazy Over This Nigerian Lady’s Instagram Photos / Want to know the man you're dating? Characteristics of men through their signs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.