Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) (15990 Views)

Poll: Who do you vote as Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland

Andre Uweh: 22% (36 votes)
High_Chief: 9% (16 votes)
Odumchi: 15% (26 votes)
OnlyTruth: 52% (85 votes)
This poll has ended

Photos: Midnight Voting In Bayelsa (#bayelsadecides). / Senator Ndume Broke Down In Tears After Voting In Maiduguri / Nairaland Election Situation Monitoring Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by adamaw2tuf: 4:52pm On Dec 08, 2011
YOU DIRTY STINKING ALHJ_HARAM YOU HAVE BEEN POSTING AND QUOTING YOURSELF TO MAKE LOOK LIKE YOU ARE REAL YOU AGENT OF THE DEVIL,ALHJ_ASHAWO HARAM.
Okija_juju:

Dude

It was all good fun!

Whats an election without an opposition!! I never expected to win anyways, but I figured I might as well have some fun whilst Im here. I havent done anything like this in a while on Nairaland since the peiod I was on a vendetta against Ekiti State. grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2011
xtianh:

@ okija juju i hate it whenever u mention Rochas name, a man that was chosen by his people nt that he rigged his way into power. His people love wht he is doing nd right now he is on a mission to rescue nd transform Imo state, what is your business with his cabinet members, are u the one to dictate the tools he uses to work? All we want is improved Economy, Good roads, good healthcare system, improved power supply,job opportunities, good nd affordable education. If we can have all these, i dont care abt the number of cabinet that he has. Am a true son of imo state nd i like my gov.nd i also love what he is doing.

Ibori, Alamesigha, Odili and even Tafa Balogun were common thieves, yet many people in their respective states loved them. As a matter of fact, if Alamesigha had been in his place in Bayelsa State, the federal government would have needed more than a batallion of soldiers to pick him up. He was offered a safe haven in Bayelsa, the same state he stole blind.

I really do not give a flying Bleep if you are the illegitimate son of Rochas Okorocha. If he is a Public servant, then Imma say it as I see it.

I highlighted a portion of your post, can you tell me how he is going about this so far and what role Victor Osuagwu, the honorable Chairman of Imo State Commision of Comedy?! Why is a comedian on the Governors pay role?! With tax payers money?! Tell me how spending over 63 million Naira on pocket money alone for 60 students from IMO State to go to the U.S for an all expense paid vacation cum exchange program is developmental to the educational system of IMO state?! What policies has he implemented so far to create atleast 500 jobs?!

Nna park well jor!! When Yerima of Zamfara took a 13 year old abi na 8 year old foreigner for a wife, even non-muslims and non-northerners/non-Zamfarans criticized him, now e don reach Rochas turn, we must produce national I.D Card to table ehn matter. Abeg free me jor!

I can keep going all day on your ignoramus of a governor called Rochas. I even heard someone say he will be the Igbo concensus Candidate come 2015, I laughed so hard I also bust an artery!!  grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by xtianh(m): 5:15pm On Dec 08, 2011
@ okija juju Who is Victor Osuagwu is he a nigerian? Pls correct urself. That will b ur assignment for today. Nw i knw u are truly Okija MuMU.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by xtianh(m): 5:23pm On Dec 08, 2011
@ okija juju if u have no parent kindly tell me so i can get the Rochas foundation form for u which will help to further ur education, if u are brilliant then u are on your way to the US. Okija Mumu, shrind mumu,u should b voted Nl mumu of the year,not Nl Eze. biggest mumu
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by PointB: 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2011
deleted.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by dayokanu(m): 7:37pm On Dec 08, 2011
Why start from the pogrom Why not from the January 15 Coup?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by LordNaya: 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2011
Thank goodness Okija juju was disqualified. Let me ask okija juj these questions: 1 name at least one good comment or post you have made concerning Ndi Igbo. No2. Name at least one post/comment you have made against yaroba, middlebelt, core north. I guess you have none. In my opinion, alj haram/ndu chucks or 1 of those yaroba bigots are the ones parading themselves as okija juju from the way he writes Igbo you will know that he is fake. If you want to correct the Igbos, why not correct them in love and as a concerned brother? Why make jest of them and their belief while praising that of those bigots? Everything Igbo is bad to you but the evils and wickedness of others a good 2 u. Mtchieeeew!! Alj haram game up!! Your fake username has been uncovered. Onlytruth you have my vote.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by ChinenyeN(m): 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2011
. . . and so it begins, the curse of NL; to metamorphose every topic into a debate on Biafra/Ojukwu. Honestly, for a while I believed that this thread would prove immune to such derailment (seeing as to how nearly all who participated seemingly expressed enjoyment), but I guess I was wrong.

This was supposed to be a good topic. It was supposed to be a fun topic. Now see what we have here.

Una well done.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by noiseless: 9:23pm On Dec 08, 2011
Bros, i really appreciate the effort you are investing on this, also i'm in full support of anything which could bring some sort of understanding in dealing with our neighbours in a matured and respectful way (diplomacy).Also for us to be always economically verbal  to avoid falling into unnecessary trap,and these can only be achieved by a leadership that is aware the importance these at any level of daily life,however the timing and the title are what concerns me a little bit.     Will it not gonna be better to choose a different title like premier instead of "EZE NDIIGBO"? As you know quite well we have just lost our real EZE INDIIGBO and yet to be burried.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Also when is the represantitive likely to commence his task? I hope he does not commence his e-office until after the burrial of our GREAT OJUKWU.                         Who knows this might turn out positively than ever imagined.           Thank you bros i hope you will understand my point.
PointB:

WHO SHALL WE SEND, AND WHO WILL GO FOR US?

Who will be Crown the premier Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland?

Many were called for the primaries
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-816238.0.html#msg9678345

many answered,
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-816238.320.html#msg9700868

some fell by the way side to fight another day
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-816238.416.html#msg9704578

Now the final lap of the race.

Friends, Nairalanders, Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, the four finalist on this important race:

Andre Uweh
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=338027
(acceptance speech)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-816238.416.html#msg9704666

high_chief
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=565585

(acceptance speech)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-816238.352.html#msg9702186

Odumchi
Profile:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=571562

(acceptance speech)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-816238.320.html#msg9701696

Only truth
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=362947

(acceptance speech)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-816238.320.html#msg9701710

POLL GUIDELINES:]POLL GUIDELINES:

1. The election shall be by secret ballot
2. Result shall be made available in real-time, online fashion
3. Party agents and supporters are allowed to report on progress of the candidate
4. During polling, campaign, manifestoes, etc are allowed.
5. Candidate can vote for themselves
6. All Nairalanders in every land and clime are free to vote.
7. Press, Media houses, etc are free to report on the progress of the poll
8. The poll will run until December 11, 2011
10. Poll result will be declared after

Qualities and responsibilities expected OF Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland
The Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland, though symbolic, is expected to:

1   understand and listen to Ndi Igbo
2   enlighten Ndi Igbo
3   guide, but does not dictate to, Ndi Igbo
4   enable and empower Ndi Igbo
5   motivate Ndi Igbo
6   inspire Ndi Igbo
7   credit Ndi Igbo
8   help Ndi Igbo
9   lead Ndi Igbo by example.
10 serve Ndi Igbo

The Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland is expected to appoint his Chiefs, and reign for one year.

Please let the above guide you in your voting. Igbos must put their best foot forward, online, offline!
So help US God!

VOTE NOW! VOTE RESPONSIBLE!! THE DESTINY OF A GREAT NAIRALAND, RESTS ON YOUR FINGER TIPS. YOU SHOULD USE THEM NOW!!

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by PointB: 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2011
noiseless:

Bros, i really appreciate the effort you are investing on this, also i'm in full support of anything which could bring some sort of understanding in dealing with our neighbours in a matured and respectful way (diplomacy).Also for us to be always economically verbal  to avoid falling into unnecessary trap,and these can only be achieved by a leadership that is aware the importance these at any level of daily life,however the timing and the title are what concerns me a little bit.     Will it not gonna be better to choose a different title like premier instead of "EZE NDIIGBO"? As you know quite well we have just lost our real EZE INDIIGBO and yet to be burried.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Also when is the represantitive likely to commence his task? I hope he does not commence his e-office until after the burrial of our GREAT OJUKWU.                         Who knows this might turn out positively than ever imagined.           Thank you bros i hope you will understand my point.

I do understand you my brother, and thank for the compliment.

Actually I hope to be around when the poll run. After that, indeed my job is done. I cannot lead the Eze Ndi Igbo of Nairaland. He will make his decisions and mistakes; and learn his lessons.

Are we oblige to listen to him, certainly not. But will will listen to him? I hope so.
Everything is fluid, and no one is certain how this will all pan out. We can only hope for the best.

Perhaps if we Ndi Igbo Nairaland will use the opportunity of this poll to let him know what we expect of him, and what he should expect of us, perhaps that will help him decide how will perform. Perhaps other ethnic groups can also suggest without dictating, what kind of relationship they prefer to have with whoever emerges.

As it stands, the Mods are have already extend hands of fellowship to them; and have even against all expectations extended their support and facilitated this process.

It is all in their hand now if this will stay a joke, or real deal. To this end, I expect the Eze to chart a course.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by EzeUche(m): 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2011
Na wa o! On the other thread I was in the running, but now I am not.

PointB, come hia now!  angry

What happened to all my support? Did it evaporate?

The Aro delegation is not happy o!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by odumchi: 10:01pm On Dec 08, 2011
EzeUche:

Na wa o! On the other thread I was in the running, but now I am not.

PointB, come hia now!  angry

What happened to all my support? Did it evaporate?

The Aro delegation is not happy o!

Nwannem, I still dey.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by EzeUche(m): 10:04pm On Dec 08, 2011
odumchi:

Nwannem, I still dey.

I threw my support behind you o!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by freepeople: 10:14pm On Dec 08, 2011
@Okija juju,
I've changed my mind and wont debate the issues you raised. I saw the rebuttal from PointB which he promptly edited out after the protest from ChinenyeN. The issues you raised has been overflogged in many threads in this forum.

Digest the following sayings of our people:
1. A siri na nwa nza na ere oku, o chee na o na ama abuba.
2. Nwata a na e tiri egwu suru gede o na agba a maghi na egwu suru gede bu egwu ndi muo.
3. Okuko puta na ebe o na amaghi o were otu okpa kwuru.
4. Ewu siri na ihe o huru mee mmmm ka nkita huru gboba uja.

My people are not suffering from mass hysteria, rather your sketchy knowledge of your history is to be blamed. Oyibo says that half education is more dangerous than ignorance.
I wont partner with you to derail this fun-filled thread.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:40pm On Dec 08, 2011
Dude

For the very first time I am disappointed in your post.

I'm typing from my phone so it is rather difficult to fully reply your post but I will give it my best shot.

Gowon: Yes sir! I defended his actions of defending the unity of Nigeria by crushing the uprising that threatened the unity of Nigeria. I'm defending his actions from a constitutional stand point. If the same happens today, Jonathan is expected to do the same. Now to the pogrom which trust me, I have first hand accounts from men who escaped death by whiskers at the hands of SOLDIERS (yes! Actual Nigerian soldiers and not just fulani herdsmen). I studied the history of the events that led to the pogrom and I'm afraid I also took away sentiments, tried to understand the polity at that time (taking into account the general mentality of the Northerners, illiteracy and also the influence of Islam) and I was faced with a really tricky situation.
Now from several accounts of the Nzegwu coup, all publications and articles keep repeating the phrase 'Igbo coup'. Now this belief was fuelled and rightly so I might add by the fact that the principals in that coup were Igbos and also by the fact that most of the casualties of that coup were from other ethnic groups. In fact, it is also rumoured that the only igbo casualty in that coup was killed because of reasons other than the fact that he was actually a threat to the success of the coup. Now taking this into consideration and the instalment of Ironsi as Head of State, and also the fact that Ironsi failed to court marshall the coup plotters, this must definitely had left a lot of bad blood in the hearts of the Northerners (civilians and soldiers alike). Now this fact is evident in the counter coup that ousted barely 200 days after he became head of State. A coup organized by 'Junior Northern Army Officers'. Now fast-forward to the pogrom. This is where the mentality, illiteracy and the influence of Islam comes into play. The Pogrom was nothing short of vengeance for the Nzegwu coup. Now judging that the killings were perpetuated by not just civilians but also soldiers, Gowon must have had a lot to deal with, This is not me saying its ok to kill anyone for any reason, or distancing Gowon from the pogrom, I'm just looking at the avaliable facts from a distance. I don't know what challenges Gowon faced then as to how to handle the pogrom especially since the Army which he would have used to quell the situation were actuaLLy a part of it (if not even the originators).

Aburi:: Now this was the best thing to happen to Nigeria. Its no surprised that Aburi failed. I mean this was the 60's, Oil had just been discovered at Oloibiri and more where being discovered. There was no way the ARMY (emphasis on army) would have allowed for an independent state type system of government. That would limit their powers and access to lootable funds. In my little opinion, I honestly believe Aburi failed due to the greed of the powers that be (esp. The North and maybe the West as well), Once again my opinion, But then, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the west also got screwed on the Aburi deal. I guess the East felt they would have benefited the most due to the Niger Delta oil deposits in our part of the region!! Hmm. O well, That's just a brief summary of my opinions on why Aburi failed (again I stress 'my opinion, not LAW or FACT).

Asaba Massacre: Let me pray we are both referring to the same thing and point out that in war, shi't happens. It was war. If the war had never started, the army (northerners) would never have stepped a foot into the eastern region and carried out such a dastardly act. Once more let me say that I do not support the killing, but when it is war time, there are no rules, no 'you can't do that one' or 'that one no follow'. Its war! Crazy, lunatic, heartless Northerners were the ones sent to quell the uprising. The same niggers who were killing us up North. Dude, I'm sure you didn't expect them to come and put their prisoners in cuffs. Even if the government had given them a 'shoot only if shot at' order, they would kill every and anything that moves. And I'm still not saying its o.k, but atleast Gowon apologised for the atrocities committed by the Nigerian soldiers during the war (wether he meant it or not na another matter). Please show me one documented account of Ojukwu apologizing to the East for bailing on us when we needed him most! When the true test of his courage and loyalty to the biafran cause was put to tHe test, it failed (this is the undiluted brutal truth)

Starving the children of Biafra; once more sir, it was war. War! WAR!! Do you understand the concept of war!! Plus I read in several books that the Nigerian soldiers only started blocking food aid to the east on suspicion that arms and ammunitions were being smuggled in as well by the same planes bringing in the food. I also have read reports that pointed to the fact that even the little food that managed to get into the region were on the orders of 'our General' sent to the soldiers on the frontline and not to the shelters.

Jeez!! 'Nigerians delibrately targeting civillians. . ." Once more sir, you need to take into account the factors I pointed to earlier, and put it in the heart of every northern soldier in war and tell me if you expected a "UN peace-keeping style" conflict or even an 'American Marines' style conflict, where they target only combatants. War crimes were commtited no doubt, but it was war. I have seen report of the nasty things Biafran fighters did to captured Nigerian soldiers as well, this pendulum swings both ways sir, but the vanquished sides story always attract more sympathy. The Pogrom, if we decided to act like cowards would never have achieved up to 200,000 kills. The moment we put ourselves in a conflict situation, we opened the door to a pogrom aka war of genocidal proportions which is exactly what happened.

Biafra: Sir when I say forget Biafra, I'm talking to the hard liners who keep holding onto the belief with such zeal they wouldn't hesitate to throw us into a war situation at the slightest provocation should they have the chance or be in a position to take us to war. I'm talking of those who feel that the only way out of the ditch that we Igbos currently find ourselves in is a split along ethnic lines. I'm talking to those who still feel its their lifes calling to avenge Biafra. I'm talking to the Biafran zionists. Stop misconstruing my comments.

Who am I?! What pedigree do I have?! Hmmm! Nna I am honest to God, a nobody. If I were, trust me, you would have read about me in the papers. I would have probably been cursed by an assembly of elders, Chiefs, youths, native doctors and what have you of eastern decent, because the same thing I say here, I'll say anywhere you find me. BUT then again, who are these men you listen to that you feel are bigger and better than I am?! Who are these somebodies that you and your likes have listened to since before 1960 that have with all their supposed widom and somebodiness (whatever that means) have failed to get us to this promise land?! Even Moses got the Isrealites to their destination in 40 years even with many wars and casualties. So we declared independence due to a pogrom, since 1967, there have been over 10 pogroms in which easterners have been specifically targeted and killed, I wonder why we haven't declared independence again?! Nwokem, I am nobody, but at least I am not a Coward. Most of the people who died in the civil war were nobodies. These nobodies were the ones who stood at the frontlines and fought to defend the Biafra that your 'somebodies' didn't consider worthy to lay down their lives for. The nobodies like me where going about their businesses oblivious to the politicking of the people you feel are 'somebodies' until they dragged them into a war without proper training, strategy or arms. The nobodies are worthy of death, the somebodies are worthy of life. Forget the nobodies, their voices are not to be heard, they are not worth immortalizing, the somebodies who skipped town are the ones worth having a 7-day public holiday for, flying the flag at half mast, building a Park for. Abi!! Once more sir, I'm nobody to you, but you as well as other pro-biafrans are nobodys to me. Not becos we do not agree on issues, but because indeed y'all are nobodies to me. You don't feed nor clothe me. Get it!!

Proverbial crab mentality:: Erm! Pull down Ojukwu you said?! I laugh in Nnewi. All I did was the same thing you and many others like you did. Shout out your opinions! Your lot said "fly flag at half mast", I and my type say "No! He fought against the flag so he dosent deserve it". Your lot say "he is a hero", my group say "he is a coward". You say he (Ojukwu) is a symbol, I agree absolutely. Like the chart boards psychiatrists hold up during psych evaluations and ask 'what do you see?', you see hero, I see coward. You say I'm divisive , I say you are narrow minded and headstrong because in all honesty, I'm advocating we deviate from the old line of reasoning that has achieved nothing but bickering and shouts of oppression and marginalisation and opt for a new line of attack. You say I have a 'better than thou' attitude, but look at you here holding onto your beliefs and tagging me an anathema because I hold a different idea from yours and many like you. In a land of like-minds, innovation suffers.

"The bastard son that point at his fathers house with his left hand!!?" That adage only applies to good fathers that can die to protect their children, not to cowardly fathers that lead their children to the slaughter house and dessert them. Get it!!

Eze Ndi Igbo of Nairaland: I'm now convinced from your last post that you have lost the plot entirely. This is all fun and games. I have enjoyed every second of the shenanigans we all have exhibited here. If you think for one second that I actually gave a Bleep about our banters here on this thread, then I say you need to grow a sense of humour and get to understand my online personality. "Igbo enwero eze", that's something you'll need to remember in the future. I'm still here purely for entertainment value and to throw in a twist to the entire thread. Don't take this personally my brother, its all fun and games. That's actually all that is. I hope to one day serve in the capacity of a leader of people. Someday, whenever that day comes, I wouldn't want to lead a group of people who feel any opposition or ideas contrary to theirs is a taboo.

On a closing note, the one thing that stood out of your post was the 'all that ojukwu achieved' line. I have always pleaded for someone to point out these achievements to me and tell me how these achievements has bettered our lot as a people (the Igbos that is).

No bad blood between us hommes, this is just a debate. We are simply exchanging ideas. That's all it is to me.

Goodluck!

P.S: typing on a mobile phone no be beans. My fingers don dislocate. #phew!!

@ Lord Naya

I had an account before this on Nairaland that was banned because during one of those riots in the north that killed igbos, I suggested that for every one igbo killed up north, w0 northerners should be killed down south. It got permanently banned from Nairaland. The account name was Esss!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by dayokanu(m): 11:44pm On Dec 08, 2011
WOW

Excellent analysis.

Okija Juju if I have ever cursed at you especially during the Ekiti state thingy, My apologies

Now I know some people are independent thinkers.

Personally, I don't eulogize Awolowo like other Yorubas do, he was a great man who had his many fault, I wont deify him

Blessed are those who have a mind of their own and can think for themselves not those who believe they can See the face of Awolowo on the moon or Ojuku is god
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by okadaman2: 12:00am On Dec 09, 2011
We don't endorse just anybody.

When we endorsed Okija_juju, the decision was based on deep insight.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by dayokanu(m): 12:03am On Dec 09, 2011
Lord Naya:

Thank goodness Okija juju was disqualified. Let me ask okija juj these questions: 1 name at least one good comment or post you have made concerning Ndi Igbo. No2.[size=18pt] Name at least one post/comment you have made against yaroba, middlebelt, core north. I guess you have none[/size].

Where were you when he was attacking everything Ekiti?

Or is Ekiti part of Yaminri? aka Igbo
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by dempeople(m): 12:15am On Dec 09, 2011
I like the concept of this thread. Its just for fun. Whoever sees otherwise is a complete humorless person.

Whoever emerges the Eze Ndigbo of Nairaland would have had his presence felt in the politics, cultural and maybe other sections such as ethnic & tribalism etc.

They're all my men and are all core Igboists.

PointB, I suggest we also have a vote for the General (Ochiagha Ndigbo) and Generalissimo (Ikemba) of Nairaland respectively.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:20am On Dec 09, 2011
Okija_juju:

Dude

For the very first time I am disappointed in your post.

I'm typing from my phone so it is rather difficult to fully reply your post but I will give it my best shot.

Gowon: Yes sir! I defended his actions of defending the unity of Nigeria by crushing the uprising that threatened the unity of Nigeria. I'm defending his actions from a constitutional stand point. If the same happens today, Jonathan is expected to do the same. Now to the pogrom which trust me, I have first hand accounts from men who escaped death by whiskers at the hands of SOLDIERS (yes! Actual Nigerian soldiers and not just fulani herdsmen). I studied the history of the events that led to the pogrom and I'm afraid I also took away sentiments, tried to understand the polity at that time (taking into account the general mentality of the Northerners, illiteracy and also the influence of Islam) and I was faced with a really tricky situation.
Now from several accounts of the Nzegwu coup, all publications and articles keep repeating the phrase 'Igbo coup'. Now this belief was fuelled and rightly so I might add by the fact that the principals in that coup were Igbos and also by the fact that most of the casualties of that coup were from other ethnic groups. In fact, it is also rumoured that the only igbo casualty in that coup was killed because of reasons other than the fact that he was actually a threat to the success of the coup. Now taking this into consideration and the instalment of Ironsi as Head of State, and also the fact that Ironsi failed to court marshall the coup plotters, this must definitely had left a lot of bad blood in the hearts of the Northerners (civilians and soldiers alike). Now this fact is evident in the counter coup that ousted   barely 200 days after he became head of State. A coup organized by 'Junior Northern Army Officers'. Now fast-forward to the pogrom. This is where the mentality, illiteracy and the influence of Islam comes into play. The Pogrom was nothing short of vengeance for the Nzegwu coup. Now judging that the killings were perpetuated by not just civilians but also soldiers, Gowon must have had a lot to deal with,  This is not me saying its ok to kill anyone for any reason, or distancing Gowon from the pogrom, I'm just looking at the avaliable facts from a distance. I don't know what challenges Gowon faced then as to how to handle the pogrom especially since the Army which he would have used to quell the situation were actuaLLy a part of it (if not even the originators).

Aburi:: Now this was the best thing to happen to Nigeria. Its no surprised that Aburi failed. I mean this was the 60's, Oil had just been discovered at Oloibiri and more where being discovered. There was no way the ARMY (emphasis on army) would have allowed for an independent state type system of government. That would limit their powers and access to lootable funds. In my little opinion, I honestly believe Aburi failed due to the greed of the powers that be (esp. The North and maybe the West as well),  Once again my opinion,  But then, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the west also got screwed on the Aburi deal. I guess the East felt they would have benefited the most due to the Niger Delta oil deposits in our part of the region!! Hmm. O well,  That's just a brief summary of my opinions on why Aburi failed (again I stress 'my opinion, not LAW or FACT).

Asaba Massacre: Let me pray we are both referring to the same thing and point out that in war, shi't happens. It was war. If the war had never started, the army (northerners) would never have stepped a foot into the eastern region and carried out such a dastardly act. Once more let me say that I do not support the killing, but when it is war time, there are no rules, no 'you can't do that one' or 'that one no follow'. Its war! Crazy, lunatic, heartless Northerners were the ones sent to quell the uprising. The same niggers who were killing us up North. Dude, I'm sure you didn't expect them to come and put their prisoners in cuffs. Even if the government had given them a 'shoot only if shot at' order, they would kill every and anything that moves. And I'm still not saying its o.k, but atleast Gowon apologised for the atrocities committed by the Nigerian soldiers during the war (wether he meant it or not na another matter). Please show me one documented account of Ojukwu apologizing to the East for bailing on us when we needed him most! When the true test of his courage and loyalty to the biafran cause was put to tHe test, it failed (this is the undiluted brutal truth)

Starving the children of Biafra; once more sir, it was war. War! WAR!! Do you understand the concept of war!! Plus I read in several books that the Nigerian soldiers only started blocking food aid to the east on suspicion that arms and ammunitions were being smuggled in as well by the same planes bringing in the food. I also have read reports that pointed to the fact that even the little food that managed to get into the region were on the orders of 'our General' sent to the soldiers on the frontline and not to the shelters.

Jeez!! 'Nigerians delibrately targeting civillians. . ." Once more sir, you need to take into account the factors I pointed to earlier, and put it in the heart of every northern soldier in war and tell me if you expected a "UN peace-keeping style" conflict or even an 'American Marines' style conflict, where they target only combatants. War crimes were commtited no doubt, but it was war. I have seen report of the nasty things Biafran fighters did to captured Nigerian soldiers as well, this pendulum swings both ways sir, but the vanquished sides story always attract more sympathy. The Pogrom, if we decided to act like cowards would never have achieved up to 200,000 kills. The moment we put ourselves in a conflict situation, we opened the door to a pogrom aka war of genocidal proportions which is exactly what happened.

Biafra: Sir when I say forget Biafra, I'm talking to the hard liners who keep holding onto the belief with such zeal they wouldn't hesitate to throw us into a war situation at the slightest provocation should they have the chance or be in a position to take us to war. I'm talking of those who feel that the only way out of the ditch that we Igbos currently find ourselves in is a split along ethnic lines. I'm talking to those who still feel its their lifes calling to avenge Biafra. I'm talking to the Biafran zionists. Stop misconstruing my comments.

Who am I?! What pedigree do I have?! Hmmm! Nna I am honest to God, a nobody. If I were, trust me, you would have read about me in the papers. I would have probably been cursed by an assembly of elders, Chiefs, youths, native doctors and what have you of eastern decent, because the same thing I say here, I'll say anywhere you find me. BUT then again, who are these men you listen to that you feel are bigger and better than I am?! Who are these somebodies that you and your likes have listened to since before 1960 that have with all their supposed widom and somebodiness (whatever that means) have failed to get us to this promise land?! Even Moses got the Isrealites to their destination in 40 years even with many wars and casualties. So we declared independence due to a pogrom, since 1967, there have been over 10 pogroms in which easterners have been specifically targeted and killed, I wonder why we haven't declared independence again?! Nwokem, I am nobody, but at least I am not a Coward. Most of the people who died in the civil war were nobodies. These nobodies were the ones who stood at the frontlines and fought to defend the Biafra that your 'somebodies' didn't consider worthy to lay down their lives for. The nobodies like me where going about their businesses oblivious to the politicking of the people you feel are 'somebodies' until they dragged them into a war without proper training, strategy or arms. The nobodies are worthy of death, the somebodies are worthy of life. Forget the nobodies, their voices are not to be heard, they are not worth immortalizing, the somebodies who sk

Ok, Okija juju I have two things to tell you; its either you are not Igbo or you just love attention!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by nedu210(m): 1:47am On Dec 09, 2011
i knw dat ever body must not like ojukwu, but i dont knw this okijas proble, cos 2 me his point is baseless, 2 me he is just showin his ignorance about this war, yes gowon has a duty 2 make his co3 one ojukwu on his own have a duty of protecting his people.Like u said, WHAT DID IT PROFIT US TO AFTER LOSING 30.000 TO THE POGROM, GO AHEAD AND LOSE OVER 1.5MILLON TO THE WAR. Do u knw haw many more dat could have died again if not 4 the million step ojukwu took or u tought all dose people were killed in just one day or month. I CAN SEE U ARE A COWARD U DONT HAVE THE BLOOD OF AN IGBO IN UR VEIN. OUR PEOPLE SAY ANAYI EJI MGBAGBU HALU OGU. NA NMADU ANAYI ACHO OKWU MOBU OGU ABUYI NKE EBU BIA NA UNO YA. so i will not close my mouth half way 2 call u a FOOL i will open it wide 2 and call u FOOL. Any way i think i understand u a little but it dozent work dat way dose ppl that died  in the war died 4 u and me 2 live if u ar an igbo or easterner, i lost my ppl 2 my dad was the only son and fatherless cos of the war but i understand cos dey died 4 us 2 live. But  the ppl dat were killed in the north being silent will give dem more rum 2 kill more and after killing us in there place dey may proceed 2 the east cant u see. Abeg i no fit sh6ut.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by rabzy: 9:36am On Dec 09, 2011
nedu210:

i knw dat ever body must not like ojukwu, but i dont knw this okijas proble, cos 2 me his point is baseless, 2 me he is just showin his ignorance about this war, yes gowon has a duty 2 make his co3 one ojukwu on his own have a duty of protecting his people.Like u said, WHAT DID IT PROFIT US TO AFTER LOSING 30.000 TO THE POGROM, GO AHEAD AND LOSE OVER 1.5MILLON TO THE WAR. Do u knw haw many more dat could have died again if not 4 the million step ojukwu took or u tought all dose people were killed in just one day or month. I CAN SEE U ARE A COWARD U DONT HAVE THE BLOOD OF AN IGBO IN your VEIN. OUR PEOPLE SAY ANAYI EJI MGBAGBU HALU OGU. NA NMADU ANAYI ACHO OKWU MOBU OGU ABUYI NKE EBU BIA NA UNO YA. so i will not close my mouth half way 2 call u a FOOL i will open it wide 2 and call u FOOL. Any way i think i understand u a little but it dozent work dat way dose ppl that died  in the war died 4 u and me 2 live if u ar an igbo or easterner, i lost my ppl 2 my dad was the only son and fatherless cos of the war but i understand cos dey died 4 us 2 live. But  the ppl dat were killed in the north being silent will give dem more rum 2 kill more and after killing us in there place dey may proceed 2 the east cant u see. Abeg i no fit sh6ut.

Bros, whats the meaning of Igbo blood, there is only one blood and it runs in everybody, there is no blue blood, royal blood, igbo, yoruba, ijaw or Edo blood. We are what we choose to become.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by PointB: 9:51am On Dec 09, 2011
BRIEF STATEMENT ON THE EZE NDI IGBO ELECTION
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE ELECTION COMMISSIONER

Voting collation is still on going in remote region of Nairaland. It is not clear how many percentage of voters have cast their votes, howver, preliminary result put OnlyTruth in clear lead.

Preliminary result is published below:

Andre Uweh - 32 (21.1%)
High_Chief - 16 (10.5%)
Odumchi - 25 (16.4%)
OnlyTruth - 79 (52%)

Total Votes cast: 152

COMMISSIONER POINTB
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by 9jaIhail(m): 9:58am On Dec 09, 2011
@ OKIJA CHILL MAJORITY CARRY THE VOTES.

THANKS TO ALL NL WHO HAVE DEVOTED THEIR TIME TO PARTICIPATE ON THIS EZE NDIGBO GBURUGBURU

IGBO KWENU KWEZUENUOOOO
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:22am On Dec 09, 2011
nedu210:

i knw dat ever body must not like ojukwu, but i dont knw this okijas proble, cos 2 me his point is baseless, 2 me he is just showin his ignorance about this war, yes gowon has a duty 2 make his co3 one ojukwu on his own have a duty of protecting his people.Like u said, WHAT DID IT PROFIT US TO AFTER LOSING 30.000 TO THE POGROM, GO AHEAD AND LOSE OVER 1.5MILLON TO THE WAR. Do u knw haw many more dat could have died again if not 4 the million step ojukwu took or u tought all dose people were killed in just one day or month. I CAN SEE U ARE A COWARD U DONT HAVE THE BLOOD OF AN IGBO IN your VEIN. OUR PEOPLE SAY ANAYI EJI MGBAGBU HALU OGU. NA NMADU ANAYI ACHO OKWU MOBU OGU ABUYI NKE EBU BIA NA UNO YA. so i will not close my mouth half way 2 call u a FOOL i will open it wide 2 and call u FOOL. Any way i think i understand u a little but it dozent work dat way dose ppl that died  in the war died 4 u and me 2 live if u ar an igbo or easterner, i lost my ppl 2 my dad was the only son and fatherless cos of the war but i understand cos dey died 4 us 2 live. But  the ppl dat were killed in the north being silent will give dem more rum 2 kill more and after killing us in there place dey may proceed 2 the east cant u see. Abeg i no fit sh6ut.

My points are baseless?! How?! Please feel free to challenge every line of my post as you deem fit and point out all the baselessness to me!!

My ignorance about the war has never been in doubt. All I have are publications (most of which are sort of biased depending on the author), live testimonies from actual widows, widowers, war children, soldiers (My grandfather & father [my grandfather still has a bullet lodged in his back from that war]) and many others. Including the supposed designer/inventor of the much hyped Ogbunigwe. Now please feel free to point out my ignorance as you deem fit. I'm on a quest of knowledge.

Ojukwu had a duty to protect. This I agree with (as it might just be the only reasonable point in your post). Now what you havent answered me was how well he carried out his duty to protect.

Do I know how many more would have died if Ojukwu didnt take the steps he did? Honestly, No! Neither can you. BUT we can speculate. Would the Asaba massacre had happened if Biafra wasnt in a war situation?! NO! Would any Soldier from the North have killed any Easterner on Eastern soil/territory?! Erm NO! When Ojukwu called all the Easterners home, he provided a safe haven for them. When he declared independence without proper preparations, he re-exposed us to slaughter (this time legitimately and on our soil), when he ran away from Biafra, he betrayed us! Thats historical facts for you. A spade might look like a shovel, but it is not a shovel.

You can see I am a Coward!! This is absolutely fine by me. But how come you can see that I am a coward and yet fail to acknowledge that "Ojukwu who ran away from his war and Country, when the war got to his doorstep was a coward?". Is your coward-o-meter broken?! Or did you just indirectly confess to being a hypocrite?!

Igbo blood in my Veins?! Nigger please! Right now, I couldnt give a Bleep if I was even an Ofe mmanu or an Osu sef!! What the Bleep has your being more Igbo than I done to make Ndi Igbos better?! How has your being more Igbo than I affected the cost of fuel?! You make it sound like being Igbo was a choice you made while you were still an unfertilized "Egg/se'men". Get over yourself you self righteous prick. If your mother or grandmother had been r'aped by one of those Fulani Herdsmen c'um Nigerian soldiers during the war, you would be Half Hausa and half Igbo. I wonder if you would have thrown yourself over the Niger bridge by now. Does it look to you like I let sentiments as cheap as "Igbo blood" drive me?! You will die, I will die, just like Ojukwu has also died, When that happens, it dosent matter what ethnicity the dic'k that fertilized your mothers eggs came from. You die, you are dead. Now grow the Bleep up and discuss issues based on facts and not sentiments. This is grown man s'hit right here. This statement of yours is as useless as me saying everyone on Nairaland and wherever who have criticized President Goodluck Jonathan, the constitution, the Police and whatever has to do with Nigeria do not have Nigerian blood in their veins. If thats right, then I agree I'm not Igbo, just as well as I can say you all are not Nigerians (and since Igbos are a part and parcel of Nigeria, you are also Not IGBO!) CHIKINA! Thats the undiluted truth! I didnt become the oracles representative and spokesman of the gods because I like ice cream or just because I'm a fine boy!  angry

Thoses people that died in the war you speak of, you do not deserve to talk about them. When was the last time you clamoured for a war museum dedicated to there memories?! They died fighting for what "Ojukwu led them to believe was the only solution". They died fighting for a cause that was placed on their shoulders. If you have never clamoured for their immortalization, if you have never aksed that on a particular set date every year we fly the flag at half mast to remember them, if you have never agitated for a public holiday in honour of those indeed BRAVE men, women and children, then you have not earned the right to talk about them. Bleep OJUKWU!

They died for who to live?! What in the name of Biafra are you talking about?! They died for you to live?! Are you shiting me?! Please tell me that their blood also washes away your sins and intercedes for you before God!!  angry Has everyone lost their minds?! They died because their was a war. None of them that died in that war were at Aburi, none of them that died in that war were part of the Nzeogwu coup, 97% of them that died in that war were not even consulted before the declaration of Biafra. It was that they woke up one morning and a war situation had been forced upon them. Ride or die situation sir! And thats how you know real true heroes, they picked up whatever mediocre arms were given to them, with no training followed their LEADERS (empahsis on followed their leaders) into battle. Only for the same leaders to run and leave them for dead. Once more I say it again, Bleep Ojukwu!

Now I have said it and I will ask again;

What did 1.5million Ndi Igbos die for?!
Why go into a conflict that you do not intend to see to the bitter end (Win or Lose)?
Did Ojukwu have to wait 3 years and over 2million ndi igbos dead to realize that he was fighting a losing war before he ran?!
What did we achieve after the war because several pogroms have happened since then, Ndi Igbo are still politically irrelevant in Nigeria, Our states are still underdeveloped, we have barely regained our footing since the war! so tell me what it was we fought and died for.

Until you have reasonable answers do not disturb my peace or quote me again!

Go in peace! cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:27am On Dec 09, 2011
9ja_I_hail:

@ OKIJA CHILL

MAJORITY CARRY THE VOTES.

Nigger!! angry Dont tell me to be cool! I am Cool!! grin [culled from the movie "BE COOL"]

Also majority did not speak, it was just that I couldnt afford to bribe the Electoral commisioner like Onlytruth could. SO after 6 Indian prostitutes and a few bottles of Schinapps, the comissioner behaved like his predecessor "Maurice Iwu". grin

I shall be on Onlytruths case through out his tenure, and when the time comes for the next elections, best believe the Progress 2012 Campaign team would be re-assembled! [we dont die, we multiply] grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:00am On Dec 09, 2011
OPEN LETTER TO THE ENTIRE ELECTORAL PARTICIPANTS (Candidates, Pressmen, Voters and Observers except the sELECTORAL COMMISIONER)

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen.

The events that have trailed the maiden elections of the Eze Ndi Igbo 1 of Nairaland has indeed reminded me of why the saying "Politics is a dirty game" has gotten such popularity.

I want to use this medium to apologise to all of you (with the exceptoin of the election comissioner  angry) for derailing the electoral process. I have actaully gone through the thread and I feel that I have let myself get swept away by emotions that are not suitable nor in line with the general mood of the thread. It was a silly thing for me to do, I acknowledge this fact and for this i say "I'm very sorry".

To all my supporters who stood by me through thick and thin, my campaign managers and team, my Lawyers and also my security detail who have spent nights and day working hard on the campaign, printing campaign flyers, making jingles, press briefings, protecting me from hired assasins and also attending crusades to pray for my victory, I want to say a big thanks. We may be down but not out.

I also want to thank Prophet T.B Joshua for prophesying that I will be victorious at the polls, I guess he must have confused OKIJA for ONLY. I dont blame him both names start with an "O". I pray that you get your prophesy right next year when we restart our compaign.

To my friend PointB, the only electoral comissioner that has managed to hold an election worse than Mr Maurice Iwu's election, I say a big thanks for selling your concience for local gin (kinkana) and Indian prostitutes. I shall indeed be back next year and I pray that by that time, the incumbent Eze Ndi Igbo would have reassigned you to the Ministry of Animal Husbandry! No hard feelings but all the same If I see you for road, I go jam you with my Jeep (just warning you early). wink

Thanks also has to go to people like Coogar, Nri Priest, Ezeuche, Okada man, Odumichi, Ifyalways, Freepeople, ChinenyeN, Xtainh, Aigbofa, Alj_Haram, Lailaiwala, KC3000, Afam4ever, High_Chief, e.t.c who have all made this election process fun. I hope you all did not take my matter too personal cos if you did then I'm sorry. Not sorry for my stand, but sorry I derailed the thread.

Please Join me at my Ogbunike retreat for drinks and kola whenever you like.

I still remain the Progress 2012 Candidate,

Ichie Alusi OkijaTM, The Agu ji double barr 1 of Nairaland,
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Cdspencer(m): 11:24am On Dec 09, 2011
One man riot okija- juju no dey tire ooh! Lwkmd4h! Juju fire on cos u are scoring d highest point 4 d debate now. Next person!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Biggers: 11:39am On Dec 09, 2011
Cdspencer:

One man riot okija- juju no dey tire ooh! Lwkmd4h! Juju fire on cos u are scoring d highest point 4 d debate now. Next person!
CD Gadafi dat okija juju is just makin noise okija u are not an igbo boy so dat is why u are removed.too many people go through life not knowing what they want but feeling sure they don't have it okija juju u dn't kwn wat u want.so go and feedwell ok OTU ewu.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by xtianh(m): 11:50am On Dec 09, 2011
The Man Okija Himself has Officially given nd has started making preparation for the next year's election, well i will watching to see hw u progress. Mayb by then i will b the first to nominate u, as i was the first to kick against you. Kodus to u for atleast accepting defeat.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:51am On Dec 09, 2011
xtianh:

The Man Okija Himself has Officially given nd has started making preparation for the next year's election, well i will watching to see hw u progress. Mayb by then i will b the first to nominate u, as i was the first to kick against you. Kodus to u for atleast accepting defeat.

I didnt accept defeat, but accepted that I was out-rigged. Theres a difference. grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Election (voting In Progress: ) by xtianh(m): 12:12pm On Dec 09, 2011
@okija juju You hv to clear the here Were u rigged out Scientifically,Manually or Biologically.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals / Jibrin Threatens To Expose Reps Members If They Do Not Return Stolen Money / 59 Victims Of Herdsmen Attack In Benue For mass Burial on Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 206
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.